Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Since leaving the hospital, Jake had been very grateful to the people around him. Veronika had accepted without thinking twice to helping him when he moved home. Making sure he rested up, didn't try to do too much, took the potions he needed and a whole host of other things. His mother would send over food most days, but had stayed away because Jake had insisted he would be fine.

Victoria seemed to be holding up well too, if the letters were anything to go by, and for that much he was grateful.

With a couple of visits from his ex-team mates from Canada, Jake was nearly ready to start doing little bits, but most of all, he missed the gym. No matter how much he tried, he didn't seem to be able to persuade anyone to let him get back to the gym. Work had insisted he take the rest of the month off, which left Jake a little... well, bored to be honest.

Until he'd received a letter from his mom, expressing the wish to see him, and Veronika. He'd told his parents about Veronika, but never arranged for the four of them to meet up. He was still working on whether it was too soon. Seeing as he couldn't travel, however, his mom had invited herself over, telling him she'd bring the food and he needn't worry.

But he was worrying, because this was a big thing, and he didn't want Veronika to think he'd said something he hadn't to his parents. Whilst he was taking the relationship seriously, he wasn't ready for the next step... and he was worrying about hidden messages that probably weren't there.

Pulling a shirt on - going careful not to overstretch or something silly with his ribs still healing, Jake looked in the mirror of his bedroom - their bedroom? - and smiled towards his girlfriend. "Nervous?" He asked, trying to sound casual but his own nerves flickered in to the word. Leaving his top button undone, Jake looked for a belt, trying to keep himself busy.

"I think mom is doing lasagne, she does a good lasagne." He continued, trying to keep the mood light. He was talking for the sake of it, and he knew it as he moved towards the door, it was five to seven, his parents would be here soon. "Would you like a glass of wine?" He asked, deciding to leave her for a few minutes to get ready. "Or, something else?" He continued, giving her a hopeful smile.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Veronika wanted to make a good first impression.

When she'd met Ivan's parents she'd been young and nervous. She was high off of just being with him, the simple things like stolen hand holding sessions under the table while his mom made spaghetti, or kisses in the car that evolved into intense embraces. It was young love and all, her first love, but not her only love it seemed as she snuck a glance over at Jake as he continued to methodically get ready. She smiled as her fingers continued to go through the clothes; pants felt informal to her every time and most of her dresses were a tad tighter than she wanted to wear to meet her boyfriend's parents.

When she met Ivan's parents she wore a summer dress, and she looked way younger than seventeen. They'd thought she was fifteen, but then again it took her a while but her ex-mother-in-law's disdainful looks were more for Ivan's 'problem' than for her. Later she'd find out that he and his parents were very estranged however, when Veronika pushed to meet them he begged that they meet her. There was arguing in a language she didn't understand (Estonian she'd find was a language that his mother spoke fluently and he as well), but over all it was a good night.

Things were different now.

Now she'd loved and lost and came close to losing again. In the process of losing again she'd barely been able to introduce herself properly to his parents before rushing to him. She had felt guilty for weeks, but didn't know how to approach the idea of properly talking to his parents without looking too desperate or rushing things with him. She wanted to go as slow as she could so not to scare him but she was so freaking ecstatic over the prospect of just being with him.

Living with Jake turned out to be just a ride of euphoria.

"A little bit," she answered as she settled on a spaghetti strap green dress with accessories. The dress was pretty, but also had a summery vibe which she liked and she hoped would show that she was taking this seriously. "What about you? This your first time bringing someone home?" She asked, though there was a frisson of insecurity laced in her words. She sat down on the edge of the bed deciding on which kind of shoes to wear.

"I'm fine," she called out to him, "but feel free to have one yourself." She added, she thought he was acting just a little strangely, which was reasonable. Meeting the parents was never easy.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:56 am

Knowing Veronika was a little nervous made Jake feel a little relieved. This was quite scary, a jump in their relationship that Jake had not anticipated to happen so quickly. Most things in their relationship, though, were moving quicker that he had anticipated. But, with each day that passed, he found himself not struggling to keep, but more than happy with the pace.

"You'll be fine." Jake insisted, moving to her side to kiss her cheek gently. "Mom is just insisting that I shouldn't be keeping you from her." Jake explained, giving a casual shrug of his shoulders. "Not that I am." He added quickly, because Veronika was amazing in so many ways, he couldn't think of a single reason why he would hide her.

But the question of whether this was the first time he'd brought someone home to meet his parents made Jake's smile falter for a moment before he shook his head. "There was another girl..." He replied after a moment. "I was nineteen, it didn't work." He explained, shaking his head. Jake wondered for a brief moment if that made a difference, but decided that something that happened over four years ago shouldn't make any difference. "You're the one that matters now, and I'm sure mom and dad will love you." Jake told her, deciding on that to make sure she knew it was going to be okay.

With the knowledge of Veronika not wanting a drink, Jake nodded, pulling his bedroom door to and moving to the kitchen. He'd gotten a bottle of white and red wine for his parents and Veronika, hoping that it would be right. For the moment he wasn't allowed alcohol because of his medication to ease the pain, a pain that was subsiding but still present. Reaching down two glasses for his parents, Jake ran himself a glass of cold water before moving to the lounge.

At seven o'clock the fireplace lit up, and his parents stepped out, his mom smiling to him as she moved to the kitchen with a "Give me a moment, Jake, need to put the food down". His father stepped forward, shaking his hand and asking how he was doing. Jake nodded, explaining he was doing better, just before his mom returned and gave him a gentle hug.

"How's my boy?" She asked, letting him go and assessing him for a moment.

"I'm fine, mom." Jake assured the witch, knowing she was probably worrying way too much in that moment. "Would you two like a drink? I have a red, and a white, or beer if you prefer, dad?" He asked, motioning for them to come through to the kitchen/dining area. After getting them their drinks, Jake motioned towards the table. "Veronika will be here in a moment, she'd just finishing getting ready." He explained, and his mom gave him a knowing look.

"Has she moved in?" Alexis asked, a small sparkle in her eye as she looked towards Jake's bedroom.

"Umm... well, yes, I guess so. With the accident, she's been staying to look after me. We're happy like this." He explained, his cheeks warming a little, but not enough to make a prominent blush through his stubble.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Veronika knew that things were going a little fast between her and Jake. And she should really pull back since Jake must’ve been super unused to this, but it was so hard. She enjoyed being with him really. It had taken so long for her to feel really great about something or rather, someone. Not to mention it had taken so long for her to feel ready to settle. Yet at the same time, Veronika was willing to put enough trust in him to tell her that if he was unhappy or uncomfortable with anything that was going on he’d tell her. This was different than from what she had with Ivan. Things with Ivan happened slow, tender, and also to be honest, too slow, too tender. There wasn’t enough of the whirlwind passion that she felt now.

She felt good caring so much about Jake.

There were difficulties, to be realistic, with the way she felt. Too many times she felt a fear rise in her that this wasn’t enough for him; that she was too old. Yet almost immediately she heard a soothing voice that sounded like her father’s (Tristian's) reassuring her this - if she wasn’t enough why would he bother letting her stay with him? If she was too old why were people at bars still asking for her ID? Besides, there are far larger age gaps than the one between you and Jake. The same voice crooned, and she felt good again about everything that was going on.

Admittedly she hadn’t thought she’d be meeting his parents that quickly but then again she didn’t think they’d be living together. She was wondering when it was best to bring up her moving back into her apartment but she was so bloody nervous. She didn’t want him to think that she wanted to move back into her own home, because she didn’t, but she didn’t want to overstay her welcome either. Maybe that wine wasn’t such a a bad idea.

She smiled at him as he kissed her cheek. “Your mom sounds amazing,” she replied and smiled. “I didn’t think you were.” When his smile faltered, she felt her own and bit her lower lip and lifted her hand to place it softly on his arm. “You don’t have to tell me anything yet, I can wait.” She said, knowing how badly it hurt to talk about the past. Although he was a gentleman in all and every way to her, treating her like a queen and whatnot, she changed in front of him an awful lot so if he’d seen her torso she wouldn’t be surprised by she had yet to fully expose her body to him for fear of talking about what had happened. She was comfortable around him, but she didn’t want to drive him away.

Let’s hope so,” she slid her hand down to his and grinned. “Now go and let me finish getting ready.” After hearing his parents arrive she hurriedly finished before clambering down the stairs with a small smile on her face.

Good evening Mr. Newbury,” she greeted him sweeping into the lounge and offering her hand to him in a shake-like manner. “I don’t believe we’ve formally met, but I’m Veronika Hollands, Professor of Transfiguration and Duelling at Hogwarts,” she added, “Jake has yet to tell me what you do for a living, however, if you’d be as so kind to tell me,” she asked cordially smiling. She could hear Mrs. Newbury and Jake in the kitchen but diligently ignored them in favor for gesturing to a chair for Mr. Newbury and her to sit on and wait until the two were ready to call them in to dine or talk.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Helping his mom - or rather pointing out where things lived in the cupboards because she was fussing too much about his 'injuries' - Jake made sure that everything was ready. It didn't take long for the table to be laid, either, which he was grateful for because he didn't want Veronika to be alone with his dad for too long. Not because he didn't trust Veronika, but because he knew his dad was a little hard to get on with to start with.

In the other room, however, Jake's father was on his best behaviour. Mostly because his mom had given her husband a warning about being nice to the witch who'd helped their son. Henry wasn't a nasty person, of course, but he did tend to be a little quieter which unnerved people at times.

"Good evening, Veronika." Henry greeted the witch, taking her hand and giving it a small shake. The older Newbury was perhaps a little unsure as to whether he should have kissed her cheek, but decided not to worry too much. "Please, call me Henry." The man insisted, giving her a small smile.

"I work with the American Ministry of Magic, in the Improper Use of Magic office." He explained with a small smile. "Well, I'm the Head of that office, actually." Henry added, though not in a boasting manner, just stating the fact. "Jake has mentioned you in a letter or two, but he never said what you taught. Two very good subjects indeed. I should imagine, however, that he doesn't like to speak of us too much, not good for his reputation, I should imagine." Henry explained, his smile showing he was more than a little bit amused at his son's oversight.

However, before much more could be said, Jake had appeared back in the lounge. "Mom says dinner is served." Jake told the two of them, giving Veronika a hopeful smile, trying to judge if things were going well so far.

Leading the two of them back to the table, Jake got the chair for Veronika, before taking his own seat beside her, his mom was already plating the lasagne up - large portions as was customary in the Newbury household.

"It's so lovely to meet you finally, Veronika!" Alexis started, passing Veronika her plate of food. "Jake has always been a little secretive about his love life, so it's nice to see that he's finally found someone we can actually meet. Oh, where are my manners, I'm Alexis, I know we spoke briefly at the hospital, but this is a proper meeting now, isn't it?" The older witch explained, passing her husband the next plate of food.

"So, how long have the two of you been together now?" Alexis asked, finishing up her plate and sitting herself down, looking between the two of them excitedly.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Veronika had truly no expectations about tonight.

She could very well be hated by Jake’s parents or loved; either way she didn’t mind. She was doing this for Jake. She was doing this for him, and so if anything offensive or rude came her way she’d just have to remember just how deep her affections for him went and hold tight and let the storm pass over. This was apart of being integrated into his life and that’s what she wanted, she told herself as she put her earrings in. She wanted to be a part of Jake’s life and if his parents were rude so be it.

However, she was finding herself in pleasant company so far.

Henry Newbury wasn’t rude or snooty as far as she could see, but professional and she could respect that.

That’s rather impressive achievement, sir,” she noted, recalling all she could about the Improper Use of Magic, “any interesting cases as of late? If you could also indulge my curiosity and I may ask without being out of place, what type of responsibilities does the Head of an office like yours entail?” She asked folding her hands on her lap and tilting her head, maying eye contact fearlessly in hopes of gaining respect. “However I completely understand if you cannot share those details.” She added after a moment.

When Jake appeared she glanced up at him and gave him her most encouraging smile, before getting up herself. She hoped her smile could tell him she was enjoying herself; the fact that there was no awkward tension or uncomfortable silences to be made yet felt good. However that’s just how she gauged a successful dinner.

Thank you,” she murmured to Jake catching his eye to show the affection for him that was luminous in her green eyes before turning to the monstrous plate of food that was dinner. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open for a moment before it closed immediately realizing her actions could be perceived as rude. She couldn’t help it; she grew up with two men and yet never saw them eat this much. For a sole moment she wondered how Mrs. Newbury managed to stay so fit when she made portions of such a size.

Immediately Veronika could see where Victoria Newbury got her exuberance from. Alexis Newbury was gorgeous, granted, but her excitement totally reminded her of the other female Newbury. It was refreshing and made her feel at home as if Victoria were there. Also Alexis reminded her of a golden retriever puppy and who didn’t love puppies?

It’s pleasure to meet you,” she replied smiling brightly, “and I’d agree it is.” Her cheeks were flushed however from her; “someone we can actually meet” comment. As she glanced over to Jake to tell him through her non-verbal communication that she was going to answer his mother’s question.

We’ve been together for seven months now, right around that time at least,” she calculated the numbers in her head, “what about you and Mr. Newbury?” She asked as she slid one hand over to Jake’s to try and interlock their fingers.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Henry had simply given a short nod at the idea of making an achievement in his life. Of that much, he could be certain, but his gaze wandered towards his wife in the kitchen for a moment, but only a moment before he looked back to Veronika. Achievements he had made, but he'd made a lot of mistakes in his life too.

"We had a big case recently. A little morbid, but a magical couple were cursing their Muggle neighbours each night to do their bidding. Shopping, cooking, cleaning. The Muggles never understood why their memories seemed to go each day." Henry explained, shaking his head for a moment. "I can't remember quite how it happened to enter our office, but we've thankfully managed to help the Muggles and relocate them. As well as breaking the wands of the perpetrators and sending them off to Guantanamo." He explained, his tone cool and unphased by his work.

"And my job..." Henry let out a soft chuckle, one that didn't happen often and would alert both Jake and his mom that Henry was comfortable. "Is full of tedious paperwork, for the most part." Henry finished. "I wasn't allowed to go in to something quite as risky as what Jake has." He added, not mentioning Alexis directly, but his small smile would probably say all that was necessary.

Henry followed out to the dining, room, and Jake took charge of the seating plan. Not missing his sons gentlemanly nature, Henry took his seat beside his wife and smiled as a large plate of her beautiful food was placed before him.

As his mother set off in a frenzy, however, Jake let out a small chuckle, mostly to himself as her questions started, glancing sideways at Veronika. She seemed to take it in good grace though, and Jake allowed her to explain their relationship for them. Seven months... Jake thought to himself, personally he hadn't been keeping much of a tab on the length of time they'd been together because it seemed somewhat irrelevant, but he made a note of the amount of time, and then tied it back to Halloween and made sure to make a note of that date.

His mom smiled at the answer. "That long already? That's wonderful!" Alexis replied, truly meaning it as she delicately lifted her food to her lips, taking a small bite.

Jake had made himself busy with his food to begin with, but as Veronika's hand linked with his, he gave it a small squeeze to convey she had done well. The question, however, made Jake look back across the table to his parents.

"Henry and I met at school, he's a year older than me, and it was in his last year that we started dating. When we got on the train for the summer, Henry asked if I would still be his girlfriend whilst he settled in the big world, got a job." Alexis explained, looking lovingly towards her husband. Because despite anything that might have happened in their past, Alexis would always love her husband. "I promised him I would be his again when I finished school. We got engaged at twenty, and we were married by twenty-two. So... we've been married 24 years, and together about... thirty?" She replied, looking to her husband for confirmation. He nodded once in confirmation.

Jake couldn't lie, he was impressed with his parents tenacity in their marriage, but some things were left unsaid about the darker sides of people. "So, Jake tells me you work at the school too. Is that what you've always wanted to do?" Alexis continued, looking hopefully towards the witch for answers. "Oh, and when you're on holidays, we'll have to go shopping, or to lunch, without the men, of course!"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:14 pm

Veronika was always in awe of people who were able to do the sorts of things that Jake did as an Auror. She wondered if a part of the reason he decided to also be an Auror was because his father was one of sorts. Though, she would never verbally compare the two out loud for fear of offending his father, since she didn’t really know all that much about magical law enforcement besides what they taught her in school and in college.

She made noises of understanding, small sounds as she listened attentively to Henry Newbury talk about the case finding a sort of irritation grow inside of her at the idea of magic being misused to such a disgusting degree. She couldn’t stand manipulative people, and deceitful people were grotesque by her standards. Henry’s cool tone only made Veronika positive that it was a casualty of the job or rather something someone developed after years of being in such an occupation. Without a doubt, it would definitely be less than perfunctory if he were to sound emotional about these sorts of cases. She respected that.

I applaud you then, sir,” she told him after he finished telling her about his case, “although I am positive you must hear praise about being in such a line of work, I cannot help but be one of those people who tell you that it is a tough job and you’ve handled not only your job but raising two children and maintaining a secure relationship with your wife with a wonderful amount of grace and strength,” She declared with a tiny smile.

Oh Jake’s job is definitely dangerous and does wonders for my anxiety,” she murmured jokingly with a roll of her eye, “but I’m certain that you’ve got your fair share of adventure,” she assured him, “besides it really must help your wife stay at peace knowing you’re only just working a desk job.” She appreciated his small smile, before nodding and gesturing that they should move into the dining room already.

She could only smile as Alexis commented on the length of their relationship, starting to try and take down the huge freaking plate of food. I mean, Veronika thought, I eat like a muffin and tea for breakfast. I consider that nutritious.

She squeezed his hand as well letting a small sigh of relief and glancing over at him, warm happiness in her eyes.

Veronika nodded as Alexis started to tell her the story of her and Henry. Inside she was screaming. They had been together for thirty years? And their seven months was considered long? Her hand went lax in Jake’s for a moment, even if her face was relaxed and calm.

It has been something I’ve always wanted to do. I started first at Beauxbatons teaching Duelling and Transfiguration, now I teach at Hogwarts,” she answered, “Victoria’s a wonderful student,” she added bringing up the younger Newbury hopefully, “and a breath of fresh air at Hogwarts.” At the mention of holidays she felt her heart skip a beat especially at the perspective of her and Jake’s relationship continuing on. She glanced over at Jake, wondering if that was okay before vocalizing her wonder. “If it’s alright with Jake and Mr. Newbury I’d love to visit for the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 8:52 pm

Henry had simply waved away the praise he'd received from Veronika. Honestly, the man envied his son for the line of work he'd entered, but that was just the beauty of giving up your dreams for the one you love. His eyes moved away from Veronika in the moment she spoke of the relationship with Alexis, however, not quite wishing to burst the bubble in which she saw the two of them. "I do my best." Was all Henry replied to that, because Alexis had not held it against him, for she was a beautiful woman in many ways.

"Jake's job will keep you both safe. Even if it produces anxiety at times." Henry told the witch, not harshly, but matter-of-fact. "It's the life you choose to lead when you get in to a relationship with a man in the service." He added, giving the witch a small smile. "But you'll be fine."

Jake noticed the way Veronika's hand went a little lax as his mom explained how long they'd been together, and he gently ran his thumb over the back of her hand, hoping to soothe her. He knew his parents had been together for ages, but time wasn't something that defined quality, not in his books. Yes, his parents loved one another, and they were happy, but they'd made their mistakes.

Listening to Veronika speak about her job at Beauxbatons, Jake smiled to himself, they'd spoken about it briefly before, and he was glad she'd made the move to the UK, otherwise this wouldn't be happening right now.

Jake couldn't help but notice how his mom's face lit up at the mention of Victoria though, and his own lips tugged up in to a proud smile at what Veronika had said. "Victoria has always loved her books, she writes often about her lessons, actually. The two of them are chalk and cheese. Jake was always more interested in playing outside than reading books, and getting him to write home frequently, well to me and not to Victoria, that would have been quite the feat. But, I'm really glad that she is doing well in your class, she has always struggled with duelling, but we'll be proud of her, no matter what she gets!"

Jake merely shook his head at his mom. "Some of us just excel in other areas." He said, giving a small shrug. "Besides, why read about adventure when you can make your own?" He added, earning a laugh from his mom and dad in the process.

The comment about going over in the holidays, made Jake look towards Veronika, who agreed. "Of course it's okay. Though, our town is quite boring, so don't get your hopes up." Jake told Veronika with a smile, glad that she wanted to spend time with his parents some more.

"Oh," Alexis added after a moment. "And if the two of you want, we should have a dinner so that Henry and I can meet your parents too. If this is serious." Alexis continued, motioning between the two of them as if she hadn't suggested something quite as big as she had.

"Oh, and don't feel you have to eat all of that, Veronika, Jake will finish what you can't eat, I'm sure." Alexis finished, bringing some more lasagne to her mouth. After swallowing, she added. "I often get carried away!"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:38 pm

Veronika was impressed with Henry, to be completely honest. She didn’t want to pry but she knew the importance of magical security for all magical students and users. She wasn’t going to pry about Henry’s wandering eyes to his wife; sentiment most likely. Something had probably happened to her and he felt residue guilt, she assumed as she nodded in understanding.

She had to bite her tongue as he told her that Jake’s job would keep her safe, even as she kept her expression pleasant. She’d already told him she was the Professor of Dueling at Hogwarts, so it was nice that she could tell he wasn’t assuming anything. He hadn’t made the assumption that she was skilled in verbal and non-verbal casting due to her occupation as a Professor teaching. In truth she could handle any sort of magical fight that came her way. “That’s certainly reassuring,” she replied, smiling even as she had to stop herself from laughing at the fact that he’d totally missed her joke. “Thank you, sir.” She answered.

I believe they’re ready for us,” she said to him grinning graciously. The conservation was pleasant overall, she could totally see herself doing it again which had to be a good thing.

Veronika loved how different Henry and Alexis were from Ivan’s parents. They were proud of their children; happy with them. She felt a small tinge of pity go out to Ivan; he never had this feeling of content. His parents never talked about him like this; no gushing or embarrassing things to be said.

She’s a terrific girl,” Veronika said after Alexis finished speaking. She could recall all the conversations she’d had with her parents, Maxwell and Tristian, just oozing brags about her and her terrified embarrassment at their arrogance.

She let out a small laugh at the idea of making his own adventure; he certainly was and it was an admirable trait. She liked that part of him a lot.

I doubt I’ll be bored,” she said, turning to Jake but totally addressing the other two patrons at their table, “your mother’s a fantastic conversationalist, and I hopefully might get another story or two from your father about his amazing job.” She was completely earnest in her words and grinned at both of his parents.

Oh,” she said blinking in surprise, at the idea of them meeting Maxwell and Tristian. Tristian and Alexis would probably get along terrifically; he wanted Veronika married and quick. Maxwell and Henry could maybe talk…? That was a weird idea, she thought, Maxwell preferred activities over conversation. Maxwell would probably propose that he and Henry drink scotch and go over International Quidditch. Maxwell was a big support of the Canadian teams and American teams, in that order after the English International Quidditch Team. She’d just have to beg that he’d try to be welcoming and grovel that he not show any of his signed jerseys (got the one with Brennham on the back was so irritating, especially since he’d been trying to get her to have the Brennham’s over just because she taught his children). By the end of the night if Maxwell and Henry didn’t hate each other, if they tolerated each other it would be a win. Tristian would probably try to have Alexis over for tea to continue wedding planning without need for any of Veronika’s input.

Not before Jake, hopefully.” She said after a moment smiling over at her boyfriend. She let out a huge sigh of relief and laughed a bit breathlessly at the idea that she wouldn’t have to finish the food. “That’s good to know. I absolutely adore your cooking though, if you don’t mind me saying, it’s delicious.” She added. “How was the trip over here by the way? I do hope it wasn’t too tedious or troublesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)   Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet My Parents... Properly (Veronika & Jake)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next