Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Writing Prompt Challenge One Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Writing Prompt Challenge One Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Writing Prompt Challenge One Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Writing Prompt Challenge One Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Writing Prompt Challenge One Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Writing Prompt Challenge One

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Writing Prompt Challenge One Empty
PostSubject: Writing Prompt Challenge One   Writing Prompt Challenge One EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:11 am

Hey everyone! So, I just joined an original writing site with Mel, and I have been introduced once more with the beautiful idea of writing prompts. Which, I must say, I absolutely love, personally. So, I thought that we could bring it to HaB and all of us could have some fun!

Now, the prompts are not (or don't have to be) in line with the game - you can do flashbacks, or you can do future ideas - but this is to help people delve in to their characters more. You can post them here, and in your character's profile if you like.

We will make something of a competition out of it, if enough people enter, but I want you to all know that I will be immensely proud of anyone who enters this competition!

You don't have to sign up for it, and I will probably put a new prompt up every three to four days to make sure people have a chance of trying out each prompt.

Also, if you have any prompt ideas, please let me know in the CB or via PM!

So, without further ado....

Writing Prompt Challenge One Prompt13

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Writing Prompt Challenge One Rsz_1j10

Last edited by Jake Newbury on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:32 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt Challenge One   Writing Prompt Challenge One EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:24 am

Rules

1. All submissions should be in character of the posting character (i.e. if I post as Jake, it should be written from Jake's point of view, not from Victoria's).

2. All submissions must be a minimum of 150 words, and no longer than 500.

3. All submissions should be in third person as per the sites usual writing style.

4. Use of other people's characters MUST be authorised by the other handler.

5. One submission per character per prompt. (i.e. I can only post as Jake once, but I could post as more than one of my characters)

6. You must state which prompt you are writing at the start of your post - but this does NOT count towards your word count. If two prompts are stated, you may complete both, but only one can be submitted for the competition.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt Challenge One   Writing Prompt Challenge One EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Hailey smiled with wide eyes. Her parents where taking her to a strange place. Of course she had been there before as she had pictures of herself there, but this is the first one she remembered. Hailey was now five years old. She clutched her blanket in one hand, and held onto her mums hand with the other. Her mum picked her up, and they walked around. She remembered seeing weird shops that her uncle might've wanted to check out as he was a weird dude, and her favorite. An ice cream shop. She pointed at it dropping her blanket. She started to whimper and her mum put her down again.

The wind picked up the blanket and blew it into an alleyway. Hailey followed it. It was her security blanket. She needed it to sleep. She needed it for everything. Hailey walked more towards the alleyway. She got more curious about the alleyway. A light started to shine. She walked towards it. She remembered hearing a story about a girl who fell down a rabbit whole. Hailey was suddenly terrified. This was no rabbit whole. This was real. And five year old Hailey didn't know what to think. But she was somehow entranced by the light. Her mind told her no, but her body said yes, and wouldn't let her go anywhere else but towards the light. She started to cry. All Hailey wanted was her blanket.

Next thing she knew the blanket was at her feet, and the light had disappeared. Later that night, Hailey had dreams about being abducted by aliens. The dreams went on for about two years, and Hailey was truly terrified. She never went back to Diagon alley, until that day she got her Hogwarts letter. Anytime her parents would mention diagon alley, she would have flashbacks about the light that took her blanket. The one thing that made her feel safe. And from then on, Hailey never felt safe. Not even in her dreams.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt Challenge One   Writing Prompt Challenge One EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 10:11 pm

It was a normal day at the small but cozy house of the Woodstons'. The father was towering over some papers for his job, the mother was doing the house cleaning and the son was locked up in his already tiny room, posting something on his computer. It was more of a rage to people on the Internet, if you could ever say that for the boy. Cool and collective, he rarely burst out and if he did, he would be brutal and heartless. You wouldn't want to be the poor foolish soul on the other side of the screen.

Suddenly there was a ring on the doorbell. Alberi quickly managed his tabs around to open the server of the video cameras. As his father fell rather paranoid, they had them installed all around the house. So Alberi simply had to hack into them and have a full watch over everything around. He did improve the protection afterwards and he continued over the years. Now it would be nearly impossible to find yourself out if his maze.

At the front door was a male, probably in his middle age. Alberi would have thought he was a friend of his father's had it not been the rather strange choice of clothes he had - robes weren't the usual wear these days. Seconds later his mother opened the door and smiled to the stranger, greeting him. The boy rolled his eyes. Typical for his mother...

- Good day, Mrs. Woodston. I would like to meet your son for a school offer I have.

At that the boy almost withhold himself from smiling. Another school? Perfect! He could get away from the idiots here... Hearing his mother call him, he closed the camera browser and calmly walked downstairs, keeping his voice straight.

- Yes, mother? - he asked, ignoring how unnerved she seemed by how she called him. Quickly explaining who the man was, he stepped forward himself... And began to talk nonsense about some magic school. Alberi shook his head. That could not be real! Magic was buy in fairy tails... Though he had an interest to it, it was more for his theory that gods from the Ancient world were aliens.

- I'm sorry but I don't believe you. Could you prove that you are a wizard? - The man had sighed and shook his head, before disappearing with a 'pop' and appearing right behind Alberi.

- Is this good enough? - he said, with a well hidden note of annoyance Alberi immediately caught. He nodded, still keeping a straight face. - Good. Here is your acceptance letter. I think it good if we go today to Diagon Alley...
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt Challenge One   Writing Prompt Challenge One EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 10:47 am

CLOSED.

Thank you both for entering, both ideas were great! I loved the writing in both. Alberi is a cold hearted so and so through and through. The detail is good on his background and definitely gives more of an insight as to why he is like he is.

And Hailey is amazing, her innocence is delightful. The excerpt here leaves loads of questions to be asked, inticing the reader (or at least me!) to read more.

However, there can only be one winner...

And the winner of the first writing challenge is...

JO!
aka. Hailey Cavanaugh

You get to have the pride of winning this one, and a huge pat on the back from Jake!

I will put up the next prompt soon for others to try out, but thanks once again for participation!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing Prompt Challenge One   Writing Prompt Challenge One Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1