Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Sneaking Around (Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Sneaking Around (Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Sneaking Around (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Sneaking Around (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Sneaking Around (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Sneaking Around (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sneaking Around (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Aaron had been pretty successful in getting through the Ministry without getting caught. Making his way through to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, he felt kind of nervous walking through a bunch of people towards the Auror section of this mad house. Were things really this bad? He paused in front of the doors, and took a shaky breath before pushing it open and entering.

There was so many desks and whatnot. He pulled his chin up in an effort to look like he knows what he's doing. His theory was that if you look like you know what you're doing, less of a chance somebody's going to call you out. He was actually kind of clueless. He had no idea where his brothers files, or even desk were. He shuddered at the thought that they might have already given his desk away. Muttering under his breath he headed to the nearest cabinet he could find and started going through it, muttering his last name over and over.

The files he was looking at however, were people the Auror's had caught. Sighing he threw the ones he had loosely back on top of the cabinet and turned to find another to go through. His eyes searched the place for a cabinet that had anything to do with death, or disappearances. Growing a bit frustrated he started on another cabinet not far away, muttering his last name once more.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:26 pm

With his fitness test proving him good for service once again, Jake had been so happy that he could be of use to the Auror squad once more. August was, it seemed, turning in to a good month for him. Today, however, was a quiet day. After making a round of coffee for his colleagues, Jake had moved off towards the junior rank's offices, sipping from his coffee cup.

There was still paperwork for him to file, so he might as well get on with that.

However, as he entered the room, Jake felt there was something off. Putting his coffee on his allotted desk, Jake scanned the room. There was only one other person in here... not in the Auror uniform either. Slipping his wand from his robes, Jake cleared his throat. "Please stop what you're doing and step away from the cabinet. And please, don't try anything stupid." Jake told the person, tightening his grip on his wand for a moment.

"Put your hands up, where I can see them, and turn towards me." Jake instructed, his voice a million miles away from the tone he used when he was teaching. This was authoritative, and purposeful.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Sneaking Around (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Aaron had heard footsteps and his stomach dropped. This was not a good sign. He made to grab for his wand when a man's voice had called out to him to tell him to stop what he was doing, and step away. dropping his head in defeat, he stood up and took a step back, and turned with his hands up. His wand lying useless in his back pocket, he didn't dare try and grab it.

His head was still dropped with defeat. He had gone so long without getting caught. Looking up to see who on earth could have stopped him, his stomach dropped even further, and his heart stopped for a second. Standing in front of him, was Professor Newbury. Aaron was toast. He dropped his head for a second and mumbled, "Sorry Professor." Looking back again, he stretched his arms forward slowly.

"Go ahead, take me to Azkaban. I know I shouldn't have done it." He mumbled. He wasn't going to try anything with him, as his tone before was quite intimidating to the 15 year old. He tried not to imagine what his brother would be saying.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Jake wouldn't deny he was relieved when the person before him complied. Whilst he was more than capable at dueling he didn't want his colleagues work to get destroyed in a stand off. But as the person turned, his heart sank seeing one of his students. It wasn't disappointment, because to get this far in to the Ministry you had to have a lot of skill and determination, no it was the fact Jake knew that he was going to have to deal with this like an Auror, not the professor the boy knew.

"Sorry?" Jake asked increduously. "Sorry? Sorry isn't going to fix this, Aaron." He insisted, lowering his wand a little, but not putting it away yet.

"What are you doing here?" Jake asked, his tone still hard but not loud. "Do you have any idea what could have happened?" He continued, shaking his head at the thought. Moving towards the boy, Jake put his hand on the boy's shoulder and guided him to the desk which was his. "Sit." Jake insisted, only now putting his wand away.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Defeat was a bitter feeling, and even worse one when someone you know is one who stops you. Aaron resisted the urge to tell his professor that it was better to ask for forgiveness than permission. He sat down, across from him, not daring to look him in the eye. "I just needed to know. Just information, not trying to hurt anybody." Aaron responded to his questions, without hesitation.

"Yes, I know what could have happened, I've been planning this for ages. I just hadn't planned on getting caught." he added. He visibly relaxed as Professor Newbury had put his wand away. He took another shaky breath as he lifted his head to meet his gaze. "You don't know anything about my brother's death, do you?" he asked. It was strange coming out of his mouth, the words death. Did it mean he was accepting the fact that he was truly gone? He didn't know anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 pm

The answer to Jake's question was not clear, but he could understand that the boy not be in the right mind frame in that minute. Being patient, Jake merely waited for some elaboration on the subject.

And soon enough, it came.

The words felt like something of a punch in the gut, but Jake did his best to mask the pain in which he currently felt. Not physical, oh no, emotional. For the sheer truth of the moment was that this could quite easily have been his little sister in this situation. Could easily have been Victoria searching for answers.

Selfishly, Jake was thankful that it had not been him, but he kept that to himself.

"Your brother..." Jake started, pulling up a chair to be on the same level as the boy who'd done something so dangerous to find the truth. "Was killed whilst on duty. Whilst making the world you live in safe, doing his job." Jake told Aaron, his voice softening now that he knew the boy wasn't going to be a threat.

"The Ministry would have told your parents that." Jake added, giving the boy a small smile. He knew the rules about confidentiality on missions so current. "You won't find anything from the files in here." Jake added, because files in here were not of high importance. "I know it's hard, Aaron, I do, but there are some things in life we simply have to accept... you know?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:37 am

Aaron was tense, as he watched the man before him like a hawk. He noticed however, the flicker of pain from the question. Which confirmed his fears, his palms became sweaty from the fear that it would be true, and his best friend, his own brother would be gone, and he wouldn't be able to know exactly why. When Jake had sat down, Aaron wanted to run, from what he knew was coming.

At the words "died" Aaron had put his head in his hands. This was not happening. OF course the ministry would have told his parents that. His parents just told him he died while working. He wanted to know what exactly he was doing. Maybe it was so he could find the person who had killed him, and seek revenge. But nonetheless he had gotten what he had asked for. He was breathing deeply, keeping himself under control.

"How do you know? He was my brother for Christ's sake!" He said raising his voice slightly. He pulled out a letter, it was old and faded, and put it on the desk. "The last thing he wrote to me. I was in school, and I had gotten it four days before my parents had told me." he said motioning to the letter. It was simply talking about how he had a confidential job, he was nervous, yes. But it was important, and if all went well he would stop a lot of bad people. Justin had always notified him of these important missions, so he would know what he was doing, like any older brother.

"Those people did that, I want to make sure they're stopped." Aaron said bitterly, those people had ripped his life into pieces, and they were going to pay. "I can't accept it until they are stopped, Sir. Surely you understand?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 8:39 pm

Jake knew the snap from the boy was not something that was truly meant, and when asked how he knew, Jake took a moment for the boy to calm down before he continued softly. "When my little sister was eight, she was in a car accident." Jake told the boy, keeping his voice just about even in that moment. "She was paralysed from the waist down, and there was nothing I could do about it. I beat myself up about it, blamed myself, everything I could to make it different." He paused. "But you know what good those years of self-loathing did, Aaron? None."

The situation was slightly different, Jake appreciated that, but he knew the pain the boy was going through, understood it would be magnified. When the letter came, Jake didn't delve in to the personal thoughts between the brothers, he himself knew they weren't allowed to tell their families much.

When the boy said he wanted them stopped, Jake moved closer, putting both his hands on the boy's shoulders and looking him straight in the eye. "The Auror squad will stop them, Aaron. We will bring them to justice. I lost a number of colleagues that day, friends. We will bring them to justice. But you, you must promise not to do anything else as stupid as you have done today. Your parents have lost one child, Aaron, don't allow them to lose another because you were blinded by hatred.

"For that means you are no better than those who killed your brother."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneaking Around (Jake)   Sneaking Around (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sneaking Around (Jake)
Page 1 of 1