Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 1:29 pm

To say that Scarlett had been isolated for quite a while was an understatement. She'd been so bogged down with work and extra patrols, that she hadn't paid nearly enough attention to those around her, and rather neglected her relationships. And so, when she had the slightest break in work, she had no clue what to do with herself.

So she sat at her desk, a fresh cup of hot tea in her hand, trying to unwind. She reflected that she had chosen probably one of the most stressful jobs there were, but there were aspects about it that she loved so much, it surpassed the stress. She enjoyed the adrenaline, the problem solving, the physical fitness and all that in between. But as of now, until she was needed again, it was her relax time. She sipped her tea slowly and just took some tome for herself.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 1:50 pm

With a baby now, two jobs, a fiance, and his family to look out for - Jake was beyond tired. Tired, but not for a second thinking of changing any of it. The stress of Ivan's complicated birth had not made Jake think of changing this pattern, only made him work harder to make sure his son had everything he needed.

Which wasn't exactly necessary, since Jake had accumulated enough wealth to last a life time in his time at Moose Jaw Meteorites.

However, now that things were settled - except for the sleeping pattern that Ivan couldn't quite grasp - Jake was back to his fullest with the Auror squad. They weren't really any closer to capturing the leader of the Basilisks, but it was not through lack of trying. The media had, at least, gone quite around them, but Jake knew that this was never a good sign.

Jake had just come on to his break, so he made his way to the staff room for a well earned cup of tea. Filling the kettle up, Jake noticed Scarlett sat at one of the desks and gave her a warm smile. It didn't take long for the drink to be prepared, and after putting the teabag in the bin he moved to join her.

"You alright?" Jake asked the witch as he sat down, letting out a soft sigh as he used his hand to rub his eyes. He was tired, but not nearly as much as he had been recently. "Break til..?" He prompted, wondering if they were heading anywhere that afternoon.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Scarlett looked up as Jake sat down near her and gave him a small, tired smile, and pushed some stray bits of hair back from her face.

"You alright?"

She nodded "Yeah, I'm alright… Tired but alright. And you?" she asked. He looked even more exhausted than she felt. And she supposed he would be. He had a much, much more hectic life than she did.

"Break til..?"

She shrugged "Don't know really… I guess until they need us back. Let's just enjoy doing nothing for now…" she sipped her tea "So, how's being a father?" she asked, smiling. She was more than eager to talk about anything other than work. With it being so busy trying to find the leader of the Basilisks, and the leads seeming to fade, it got overwhelming at times. She couldn't imagine having the extra responsibilities that Jake handled. She practically lived at work these days.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:45 am

"Much and the same." Jake mused, but his smile showed he wasn't too worried about that. "But, only what... two, three more days until I get a 'day off'." He let out a small laugh, there was no such thing as a day off now that he was a father. The lie ins he usually received on a Sunday morning were now a thing of the past, but he would not change it for the world.

"Doing nothing." Jake repeated, shaking his head at the thought as he leant back comfortably in his chair. Okay, it was not the most comfortable chair in the world, but simply stopping for a few minutes was comfort in itself.

"So, how's being a father?"

The smile that touched Jake's lips at those words was one of complete pride. He was a father - had been for three months now - and every time he heard someone say that, he couldn't help but be proud. Whether it was Scarlett in this moment, Victoria when she called to see how everyone was, or Veronika when she sat cooing to Ivan, Jake couldn't help but feel proud of the situation.

"It's... the best thing in the world." Jake told her softly. Normally Jake wasn't an overly emotional man, he had control of his emotions - had to-, but in that moment it was obvious he didn't care for controlling his emotions when he spoke about his son. "Ivan still hasn't gotten used to daddy's sleeping pattern though, so he keeps me awake at the strangest of hours. Veronika keeps apologising for him, but its not her fault. I love it, it... well, it's put a new perspective on things.

"You'll have to come over to see him, some time. I can't have my partner not knowing my family now, can I?" He mused, moving to the inside of his jacket to pull out a small photo. "This is Veronika with him." Jake explained, handing the picture over for the other witch to see. "A couple of weeks ago, but that's my son." He told her proudly.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:58 am

Scarlett felt a warm feeling rush over her when she saw the change on Jake's face when bringing up fatherhood. She couldn't help but smile a bit too, just for pure happiness for him.

She listened with a soft smile on her face as he spoke of his family, sleeping patterns and the sorts. And with the way he spoke, she couldn't help but feel like she was missing out on something. Ever since she had left school, she'd focussed purely on her career, living alone and dedicating her free time to herself, rather than dating or the likes. She couldn't help but feel slightly envious. Not jealous, she was ecstatic for him, but envious.

"You'll have to come over to see him, some time. I can't have my partner not knowing my family now, can I?"

"Of course, I'll definitely pop over sometime," she smiled and looked down at the photo "Oh, isn't he adorable?" she beamed and looked up to Jake "He looks just like you," she said "And Veronika looks lovely. Very happy," she handed him back the picture "How old is he now?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:11 pm

Jake simply smiled as Scarlett gushed over the photo. It was a girl thing that he'd become quite used to over the last few months when females saw Ivan. They seemed to get... giddy. Amusing as it was, Jake enjoyed it too, because he was so proud of his little family, he couldn't have asked for anything more.

"He has a bit of both of us in him." Jake replied to the comment on Ivan looking like him. "But, most people say he looks more like me, poor little guy." He joked softly taking the picture back from Scarlett and putting back in his suit pocket.

"Veronika is very happy, thankfully, she's a great mom too." He explained. "Ivan's a mommy's boy though, he settles so much quicker with her than me, but, I supposed that's the joy of Veronika being around him more." Jake conceded, giving a small shrug.

"He was born on the thirty-first of July, so he's nearly four months old now." Jake added to Scarlett's question, before remembering what he'd been meaning to ask the witch for a few months now.

"Veronika and I also wanted to ask... well, if you'd like to be Ivan's Godmother. Veronika picked the Godfather already, so I figured I could choose Godmother. My suggestion is at least someone who will do a good job at being given the position. If you accept, of course?" Jake prompted, looking hopefully to the witch before him. They were good friends with the years they'd worked together. And, now, Jake knew that if anyone could understand his job, and know how to deal with helping with a child, it would be Scarlett. "I know I could trust you, if anything happened to us."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 1:40 pm

"He has a bit of both of us in him... But, most people say he looks more like me, poor little guy."

To that, she chuckled "Trust me, there's no need to worry. With your genetics, and Veronika's, he'll grow up to be one of those unbelievably superior looking people. So, no need to fret."

"Well, it's only natural," she replied to his comments about Veronika "Give it a few months and regardless of which parent spends more time with him, he'll settle… And four months already? Time flies by doesn't it…" she added.

And then, Jake asked the question that both he and Veronika had clearly put a lot of thought into. It was quite a shock, but a good sort of shock where she could feel the grin spreading across her face as her joy seemed to bubble in her stomach.

"Oh of course I accept!" she beamed. She'd never had the honour of being a godparent before. This would be the first. It flattered her greatly that Jake seemed to think so much of her as both a colleague and a friend that he would ask something like this of her. And she was ready to take on such a responsibility, if in the unfortunate scenario something would happen to either Jake or Veronika. "I- well, thank you I suppose," she grinned.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 11:24 am

At the compliment that Scarlett gave him, Jake couldn't help but laugh softly as she said that Ivan would grow up to be a good looking man. "Let's hope so." Jake responded with a grin. Of course, it was much too early to tell anything about how he would turn out, but Jake was sure he would be loved, no matter what he looked like.

"Yeah, four months. I don't know where it's gone. Crazy." Jake mused, shaking his head. "He's gonna be eighteen and leaving home quicker than we realise." He added in jest, sipping at his drink. But, before that, Jake was going to make the most of being a dad, and try to be the best dad he could.

But Jake's smile only grew when Scarlett agreed to being Godmother to Ivan. Happiness in the witch before him echoed in Jake. "Great! You're gonna do great! Veronika is going to be so happy you said yes! As I am!" Jake told her, he hadn't doubted that Scarlett would say yes, it was one of those unspoken rules between partners at work. He would look after Scarlett's family if anything happened to her in the field, the same way he was sure Scarlett would do for him.

"And you don't need to thank me, thank you, for agreeing. It means a lot." Jake insisted.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 1:35 pm

"He's gonna be eighteen and leaving home quicker than we realise."

She nodded "That's what my mum said happened to me and Lucy." she said "We grew too quickly… It's so strange. Make the most of it." she said, she sipped her tea.

Her excitement only grew with Jake's enthusiasm. It was a truly wonderful feeling, to be included in something like being a god parent. In fact, it made her reflect. Yes, time had slipped by so quickly, she barely remembered how long she had been out of school for. And she had thrown herself into her career, much to the pleasure of her employers, but her social life dwindled.

"And you don't need to thank me, thank you, for agreeing. It means a lot."

She grinned "You have no idea how much it means to me to even be asked," she said "Truly, thank you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)   A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Long Needed Catch Up (Jake)
Page 1 of 1