Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The New Term (Open to everyone!)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 3:50 pm

With the moments passing by, Joshua became more bored with the situation. Noise was growing with each simpleton that entered the hall, and with that, his peace was receding in quick measure. The Slytherin prefect was not much amused with that notion, but he knew it would be expected of all of them to stay for the feast, minimum.

However, it was more notably annoying when people tried to get in to your attention span.

Like the Louise kid.

"Hello"

Joshua simply raised an eyebrow at the witch's attempt of conversation, or greeting. Did he wish to speak to her? Not in the slightest. A simple nod was the only motion of him acknowledging her word and nothing more. Thankfully though, the witch had turned back to the table at the front, seemingly waiting for the professors to do something. Though, Josh thought, that would probably be a long time in the making, looking at the vast array of "talent" situated at the top of the hall.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:39 am

The train ride there had been the most exciting thing ever, and Brooke had not sat still for more than five minutes, instead moving to look out the window and walking down the train carriages, just to see who she'd meet. The girl she had shared a compartment with had been dreadfully dull, having spent half the trip sleeping and the other half reading.

Breaking a few rules, Brooke had purchased a few packets of sweets and by the time the Hogwarts Express pulled into Hogsmeade, she was practically a ball of pure energy. She almost fell out of the boat, but the firm hand of the Professor on board had pulled her back with a stern glare and a warning to 'not stand up again'. For the rest of the ride, she took to quite literally bouncing in the seat, much to the annoyance of those nearby.

Finally they reached the castle and she watched as the other students entered the great hall; they, as first years, were left outside. After what felt like years, the doors were opened to them and they were allowed inside. Stepping into line with the others, Brooke's mouth fell open as she took in the sights and sounds and smells of what would be the 'cafeteria' for the next 7 years to come.

Waiting was never one of her strong points, but as she stood near the bottom of what she deemed to be a stage of sorts, where the Professors stood, she gazed at who she assumed was the Headmaster and grinned. Sorting was going to be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 11:58 am

As the hall filled, Jake felt much better in himself. Somehow seeing his audience made everything seem... easier? It was probably one of the weirdest way to look at things, but Jake didn't care. Noting his sister walking in with her shining Head Girl badge, Jake smiled in her direction and waved a little to her. As he nodded in the direction to some of the other students who acknowledged him too.

The staff table was slowly filling up, and when eventually the first years moved in to the hall in a small huddle, Jake took up his place to give his small speech first. Deciding it was better now than just before the feast because people got a little more impatient then.

"Good evening everyone!" Jake called out to the hall, waiting for the noise to die down enough from the start of his speech to continue. "Now, for those of you who don't know, my name is Jake Newbury, and I'm the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor. Unfortunately the Headmaster can't be with us this evening, but we'll be sure to enjoy the evening no less!

"Welcome back to a new year at Hogwarts, for some of you, it will be the start of an adventure." He continued, motioning to the first years before him. "And to others it will be continuing your adventures, and in some cases, finishing them.

"Everyone will know that the forest is out of bounds, so please try to stay out of there for your own safety. On a happier note, however, I am proud to announce the arrival of new staff members this year. Miss Crista Silver will be taking over the role of History of Magic professor from now on." Jake paused for the small cheer that came up at the notion of having a real professor, and ignored the small wolf whistle directed at the new professor. "Mr Damien Peat will be joining the team as the new Herbology professor for this year." Again, a small pause for a cheer. "Mr Wade Duffield will be supervising you in Care of Magical Creatures." More applause.

"And finally, you'll be having my teaching twice a week from now on, as I'll be taking over as Flying Professor as well as Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor." He announced with a grin.

"Now, without further ado, lets sort you all." Again Jake motioned to the first years. "So that the feast can begin! When I call your name, please come and take a seat at the stool, I will place the hat on your head, and you will make your way to the table of the house in which you are sorted.

"Miss Brooke Walters?"

OOC: Permission to GM Jake placing the hat on your character's head, and take it off once the process is done.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Soon - but not soon enough - the speech started and Brooke forced her mind to listen, despite her head still turning from side to side, taking in all that she could. So the man standing there wasn't the headmaster; where he was Brooke tried to speculate but in the end gave up, instead dreaming of the things the hat would say to her - and which house she would be in.

The introduction soon came for the new Professors, but Brooke didn't really pay attention. To her, they were all new, and all worth getting to know. She just hoped that none of them were boring, or she'd never be able to concentrate in class. It was just too difficult.

Her parents had raised her without keeping secrets, and ever since they got the results, she was read into the know - she knew she had ADHD. However, also because of the way they raised her, she never used it as an excuse to get out of doing things if she could help it. But one thing she did know was that no matter how hard she tried, no amount of will could make her focus in a class with boring teachers.

Before she knew what was happening, she heard her name being called and her head snapped back to look at the man - Professor Newbury - and her eyes widened. What had he asked her to do? Had he just caught her not paying attention? But then the student next to her whispered a, "Well, hurry up then!" and she realized she was supposed to go up for her sorting.

Nervous was not something Brooke ever felt, and it showed as she casually - but in a very excited manner - walked over to the seat. The hat was placed on her head and almost at once a voice could be heard.

"Another Walters, I see? Now, which house to put you in? ... Hmm, friendly... Easy going.. Loyal to a fault.. It would seem Hufflepuff would suit you best, my dear... But what's this? Hmmm, interesting... You have your father's blood, I see that now..

Unable to help it, Brooke asked, "What do you mean?"

In what would become something that she would remembered for the years to come, she felt the hat smile. It was the only way she knew to describe it, and even then it wasn't exactly what happened. "Unafraid to ask questions, curious.. yes, you have some Ravenclaw in you... But.."

Interrupting the hat for the second time, she inquired, "But what?"

Again she felt the hat smile, and this time it was accompanied with a chuckle. "Inquisitive, blunt... Yes, now I see it even clearer..." There was a pause during which Brooke was about to raise another question, but then the hat was yelling something and it took her a moment to realize what it was. "GRYFFINDOR!"

A squee left her lips as the hat was removed. With a trail of "thank yous", directed at both the Professor and the hat, she sprang towards the table that was cheering the loudest, the widest grin she had ever made on her face. What the hat had meant, or what it saw, she still didn't know, but for the time being it was forgotten as she took her seat as a first year Gryffindor. Hogwarts was going to be amazing, she could feel it already.

Last edited by Brooke Walters on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 pm

Paulina looed at the boy and just nodded her head. The sorting was held every year basically same way and so on. Except people were different and in every year some houses got more students than other and so on. For Paulina it wasn't that fun to watch like it was in her first years in here but she still decided to come here.

"At first it's fun yeah. Too see how people are sorted and so on but for me it isn't that fun anymore. It's basically held almost same way every year. Except different people," she said there now and smiled. She wasn't really sure if it was so good idea to say it or not. She did yawn there again. Seventh year Ravenclaw girl sighed.

"It's nice too meet you too, Finley," she said there now with a small smile. That boy seemed so nice but he was quite shy but she didn't mind it at all right now. "So you are second year right?" she asked there now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:12 am

Finley paused talking to the witch before him when he heard his friends name being called out by Professor Newbury. With hopeful eyes, Finley looked up to the front of the hall, and there, sure enough, was Brooke. Without realising it was even happening, Finley's lips turned up in to a big smile. Watching intently through the sorting, not able to hear the hat, because, well, only the person under it could really.

Waiting eagerly, Finley chanted in his head that the hat would call out Ravenclaw.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

With a soft sigh in regards to her being placed in another house, Finley turned his attention back to the witch before him who was speaking. "I t-think it's f-fun." Finley told the witch with a small shrug, he knew that everyone had their own opinions but he liked all of this. Even if his new friend had just been sorted in to another house entirely.

"So you are second year right?"

"Y-yes." Finley replied with a small smile. "B-but, I'm n-not very good at m-magic." He admitted softly. He probably should have retaken his first year, but the professors seemed to think he was doing alright enough to keep going.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 12:37 pm

Gabriel just now slid into the Great Hall just as the small girl was being sorted into Gryffindor, he didn't even bother to hide the fact he was late. Even brought him back to the memory of his own first sorting, Hagrid had to hold onto his shoulder to keep him from wandering off. How couldn't you! It's a Castle!

The Hat covered his head completely and McGonagall had to hold it for him "Ah yes, boldness a lot of that, that's for sure...blunt and an avid prankster...Hardworking though but Sly and Sneaky....were to put you were to put you....What say you child? Gabriel told him that it didn't matter, because it really didn't most people let the houses divide the school friends were friends regardless of House, Blood or Race.

That being said you act like a cruel person, and the friend card is revoked!

So the thing put him in Gryffindor, would it be called a thing? He? It?

Gabriel took his seat across the new girl "Welcome to Gryffindor, I'm Gabriel." He said brightly to the small girl.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Joe was nothing short of overwhelmed.

A few months ago, he was just Joe from Henley, the posh boy with the stupid voice and the parents who cared just a little too much. He was just Joe from Henley, the socially awkward eleven year old who fell over his own feet and stammered over his words. He was just Joe, for crying out loud. But now, he was Joe, the wizard from Henley, the boy who apparently had these magical powers that he never knew anything about.

When he heard he'd be getting to the mysterious school by train, he had relaxed somewhat. Trains were good. Trains were normal, Joe could do trains. He had been on what he was sure was a hundred trains by this point in his life. But then he'd seen young people running through the wall, and heaven only knew how the other people on the platform hadn't seen them just disappearing into thin air. He had frozen to the spot, looking up at the clock on the wall. It read ten o'clock exactly; he was always ridiculously early for these things, but he didn't care.

Joe had been convinced it would take him more than an hour to get the guts to run head first into a wall.

After twenty full minutes of coaxing from his mum, he had pushed the trolley through, appearing unscathed on the platform. His eyes had sparkled, the picturesque scene before him unfolding as he moved further towards the scarlet steam engine. A heartfelt goodbye (and too many tears on his parents' behalf for his liking; honestly, he was coming back for Christmas!) he disappeared into the crowd, waiting to start the new adventure.

The train ride had been painfully long. Joe had managed to snag an initially empty compartment, where he sat in contented silence until a little blonde girl haddecided to come and sit with him. The two had made idle chatter, talking about their families and the house they wanted to be in (aa small bit of explaining on the girl's part about the whole house system), but mostly they just sat.

He had stumbled off the train, almost landing flat his face as he tried desperately to get to the place the other first years were gathering. Joe hated boats, so the whole ordeal was sort of his worst nightmare. It wasn't aided any by the boy who claimed there was a squid that would take a firstie out of the boat before they got to the castle. The experience  wasn't too bad, but it didn't stop Joe heaving a sigh of relief when he touched the land again.

Everything else seemed to happen in a blur. Walking up to the Great Hall and standing down the side, waiting to be called up to be sorted. The chatter between the existing students was almost deafening, and the boy shuddered at the thought of having to be sat up in front of them all. The first girl got called up, and he recognised her instantly. Brooke, from the sweet shop. She ran down to join the Gryffindor table, and soon enough it was his name being called.

"Joe Astrid?"

The words barely met his ears through the sound of blood rushing to his face, and he froze to the spot. A firm shove from someone behind him forced him to move, though, and he made it safely up the few steps to the stool. He sat down and closed his eyes, feeling the hat push his glasses down his nose from where it fell too far down his face.

A rough voice started to murmur to him, words he tried desperately to ignore. It was weird, too weird, and a little too much. He swallowed hard and started to listen to the hat's musings.

Ah, an Astrid it said gruffly, chuckling. It's been decades since I've seen one of you. Yes, I can see it all now. Hardworking, smart, you'd be good in Ravenclaw, you know.

Joe tensed completely, fairly sure by now that the rest of the room could hear his breaths, feel his heartbeat through the floor. But what's that? Loyalty... Do I sense a Slytherin? "No, you bloody well do not," Joe uttered, earning a hearty laugh from the hat. Oh, you're trying so hard to be brave, aren't you Joe? Relax, let me learn you.

No words left the boy's lips after that, the blood still pounding through his ears as he tried not to think about how long he had been sat at the stool for. He's loyal, and friendly... A little shy, but we can work with that. I know exactly where to put you, boy. By now, Joe was certain it was just teasing him now, telling him there was no way he was going anywhere any time soon.

"Hufflepuff!" the hat finally exclaimed, and Joe let out a breath of relief. His face was scarlet as he tiptoed down the stairs to the table of students in yellow ties, taking a seat on the end as he placed his head in his hands. Good gravy, that was far more long winded than it needed to be.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Paulina did saw how one girl was sorted into the Gryffindor house. She didn't know her at all so she didn't pay much attention to her. She was fighting there to stay up now. All that sorting really wasn't so fun anymore at all fo her for real.

She looked back at that younger boy when he did spoke again. "Like I said, at first it is but if you get older not so much anymore," she said there now with a small smile but you never know people are different actually.

"Oh nice. I'm okay in magic. Even if I lack in some subjects still even if I'm already in seventh year," she told to him now there. Yes there were few subjects in what she wasn't that good at all but you can't be good at everything for sure. She did still yawn there actually.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 am

The ride there was mostly uneventful as both Maddie and Mel locked themselves away in one of the carriages and refused to allow entrance to anyone else; they wanted the time to plan. Madison had done her part by researching secret passages, while Melody had gotten her hands on a map of the school. They didn't dare discuss anything at home - their parents had been keeping a closer eye than normal on the pair - and as such, this was their first time in about a month that they had time and privacy to make as many plans and share their knowledge with each other.

By the time the train pulled into the station, their notebook was half full with ideas for at least one full term. Following the crowd, the two fell silent, not wanting anyone else to find out all they had in store for their unsuspecting victims. Instead, they made small talk about the view (it was fairly interesting) and their year-mates (whom they were quite sure were all as boring as a piece of wood).

The hall was bigger than she expected - which would mean a slight adjustment to one of their plans - but other than that, the only thing that really caught her attention was the amount of food! Why, it would be absolute feast they had every day, and already she was looking forward to it. If only they could find a way into the kitchens... But that was another problem for another day - right now, she was starving.

Boring speeches were given, to which neither of the twins paid attention. Finally, it came time for their sorting, and Maddie rolled her eyes at the nervousness of some of the first few students. Already she knew that the pair would be in the same house; if they weren't, they both agreed to kick up such a storm nobody would ever forget their names.

So, when she was called up to the seat, she winked at Melody, knowing that whatever the hat choose for her, her twin would also get. As the hat was lowered onto her head, Madison grimaced as she heard it talking to her.

"Shut up and just tell me my house," she muttered at once, clicking her tongue in annoyance.

Hmm, fiesty..- the hat started to say, but again she interrupted it. "I don't care. Give me my house and stop wasting my time."

A few moments passed, and, to her satisfaction, she heard the words, "Slytherin!" echo around the hall. Pushing the hat off and standing up, she nodded at her twin and moved towards the table above which green hung. Taking a seat opposite an older boy, she couldn't help the grin that took over her features. Soon after, Melody joined her. Turning to her sister, Maddie gave her a hi-five. "Was there any other option?" she said, shrugging lightly. "We are most definitely in the best house."

Not bothering to give the time of day to the other first years as they were called up, Madison and Melody exchanged secret smiles. This was going to be a very interesting term indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Term (Open to everyone!)   The New Term (Open to everyone!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The New Term (Open to everyone!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2