Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One)   Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Circe knew she was late, but she certainly did not make a move to be faster or anything. Truth is, she didn't intend on going to the lesson in the first place,but after a little talk with a few co-workers and of course, her brother, Miles, she decided it would do her good. She might be in the Obliviator Department, but it sometimes had to go down to body to body when you were dealing with Muggles.

So Circe just shrugged and agreed on going to the lesson. She wasn't sure what exactly the would do, since the only people in there were Aurors in training, but she would at least do her best. She was always the best at what she did, and that was not going to change now. And who knew? Maybe those.. "Aurors" weren't as good.

Arriving at class, she politely knocked on the door before walking in.
"I'm sorry, Sir. I was busy at the Department. Excuse my terrible timing."
She then fell silent and waited for any directions, or anything, since she had missed much already.

[Circe's Outfit]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One)   Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:36 am

The answer to his second question took a while. Too long. If this had been a real life situation there would have been at least one casualty by now. Disappointment rose in the Frenchman a moment later, looking around the class until someone spoke up in response.

Louis' eyes shifted to the witch, a first year he noted, nodding for her to continue with her idea she had. The notion of using Stupefy on the child was slightly against what he'd said, but Louis allowed the witch to continue no less. To his left, the action carried themselves out as the witch spoke. The child fell to the floor, face first, unconscious but alive. Possibly a little bloodied from hitting the floor, but it could be healed.

A small smile touched Louis' lips at the notion of bending the rules a little. Now these people were thinking!

The second part continued to play out, the hole being blasted in the floor, followed by the Stupefy spell once more. There hadn't been any notion of a fight coming back towards the witch who'd spoken. Which meant she'd either overestimated her own abilities, or completely forgotten about other people having a defence too.

"Not a bad answer, Morte. Not bad at all." Louis responded just as the door opened. A late student. "Nice of you to join us, Mayer. Please take a seat quickly, and make sure it doesn't happen again." He told the witch, not looking at her again.

"Now, as we just discussed, Morte's answer was an okay answer, but not quite the level I would expect from an Auror." Louis explained because he pushed people harder than they probably knew. "What happens if the witch has a shield, what happens if she disarms you before the second spell? Were you ready for that?" Louis asked, looking around the faces before him to see how they were taking all of this information.

"Now, we'll have one more example, then we'll be practicing for ourselves." Louis explained, moving his hand towards the figures of the woman and child. It took a moment to shift, but a moment later two new figures stood. An animal, large in nature with the features of a wolf. Stood on it's hind legs and snarling at the class room. A werewolf. Many people in the room would never have met such a beast, but they were oh such a real threat. Beside the creature, a man, brandishing a wand with a sickening smirk on his lips.

"Now, before us we have to very dangerous beings. A werewolf, and a highly skilled duelist. Would someone like to try this scenario out?" Louis asked, looking pointedly towards those who hadn't spoken, but he wanted to hear a good answer, no matter who it came from.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One)   Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:45 am

"Now, before us we have to very dangerous beings. A werewolf, and a highly skilled duelist. Would someone like to try this scenario out?"

Standing proudly, because this was her specialty, the witch stoically turned her gaze to the scene and watched the image of a witch appear, demonstrating everything as she spoke.

"I'd come from the front, sneaking up is useless, the werewolf can smell me, but I'd raise a wandless shield to start with, it won't last but it could give me time. Dualists generally rely fully on magic, and don't usually need a wand to perform it. So disarming would be useless. When transformed werewolves act on instinct more than cognitive reflection so it would be best to send a hex at the dualist whilst shooting the werewolf in the foot with a silver bullet. Shot through the roof of the foot he won't be able to stand upright, nor gain proper momentum on all fours. The dualist will deflect my spell with ease, but that's okay because it was just a distraction to safely shoot the wolf. I assume the dualist has a shield up so my best chance is to get close."

As she spoke her figure projection performed her actions and as she continued her figure charged the wizard, casting a full body bind on the werewolf with her left hand and using her right as she narrowly dodged a hex from the dualist by swerving right around him to deliver a physical blow to the prominent verterbrae in the back of his neck, using her momentum to swing her knee to his lower back.

The wizard shot a spell behind him, but she was far too close, taking his wand hand and breaking it behind his back, a small victory. The figures reflected in Marilyn's brown eyes as she concentrated on the scenario, using her words to guide the figures as she continued speaking. Her figure had used the chance whilst the wizard was bent over to jump up on his shoulders, his head between her thighs, and slam him to the ground headfirst, knocking him out.

Just then the werewolf broke free of the body bind and she commanded her figure to roll to the side just in time to avoid the werewolf crushing her.

"Werewolves, being magical creatures, are very resistent to spells, and there are few spells that inflict much damage, however they have super human strength so close combat is not advised to those not specially trained to do so." By that example she froze the images and presented various choices "Depending on what the ministry orders there are two options. One, a silver bullet to the head or heart, dead instantly. But if the ministry wishes to capture the werewolf then a shot to the stomach. Such a wound would kill a human in twenty minutes, however the fast healing properties of werewolves would prevent its organs from being dissolved by the released stomach acid. They'd be running on fumes now and that leaves me free to cast a final body bind and take them away before healing could begin."

Satisfied with the scenario, and her triumphant figure, the witch took her seat.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One)   Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 pm

It was funny, to Jake, that one of his jobs was to teach kids in such situations. He was good at his teaching job, he'd received nothing but praise throughout the years he'd been at Hogwarts. But faced with real life situations like this... well, Jake had over analysed everything. The first scenario he'd almost missed the answer because he was generating an answer of his own.

He'd taken on board Clement's feedback though, noting to never underestimate a target.

Though, if you did that in this job, you wouldn't last very long.

The second scenario was harder, however. What with a beast of immeasurable power and a capable duelist, Jake wasn't sure that he would be personally capable of taking both down without some injury to himself. But before he could think of suggesting - in this situation - backup might be a good idea, the witch beside him had stood up. Marilyn, as confident as ever, stood explaining how she would take down the beast. Jake saw no flaws in her plan, and it encompassed almost everything they were set to learn.

To say she was remarkable would have been an understatement.

Watching the actions play out, Jake felt himself go a little cold seeing what Marilyn did under the Caldwell name. Not because it made him feel scared of her, oh no, he knew Marilyn well enough to know she would only use such force, such violence against those who deserved it, and Jake was certain it would never happen between them. But he went cold knowing just how dangerous the job could get for her. How little he really knew about the job she had inherited.

When she finally sat back down, Jake subtly took her hand beneath the desk, giving it a small squeeze in an attempt to say too many things before letting go. Contact wasn't advisable in Louis' classroom, but he'd needed the reassurance for just a brief second.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One)   Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 2:38 pm

The competence of Marilyn's answer had not been one that surprised Louis. Taking in each and every move as if he was expecting it - which in honesty, he had because he'd seen Marilyn train and knew where her talents were. Each move was careful, deliberately taking down two people whilst never putting herself too close to the beast or the duelist until necessary.

When at last the figures ended on the floor either out cold or detained, Louis nodded his head once with something of a satisfied twitch on his lips. Louis ignored the small comfort from her boyfriend a moment later because it was small and subtle.

"Very good, Caldwell." Louis praised the witch, his voice not the dull tone it normally was of speaking to a class normally. "As all of you can see Caldwell has picked up on the key aim of today's lesson: not relying on your wand. Yes, use it if you are more comfortable with it, but have a backup in case you lose it, or you are in a scenario where you are bested. Any witch or wizard who thinks spells are the only way you can bring an opponent down will do better not being on my course." Louis explained, and he meant it, he really didn't wish to have people here who thought they only had a single weapon.

"Now, because all of you will be highly skilled in using a wand, otherwise you would not be here, we will not be using them in today's class. Instead, we will be practicing Muggle combat. Hand to hand combat. Non-magical weapon combat. I have arranged a selection for you to use once you've finished your hand to hand combat, each of which have been modified to look real, be used like they're real, but the wounds will not have any lasting effect once the fight has finished. You will feel the pain, there will be blood, but you won't die."

The last was almost said as if Louis regretted making it so, but the Head of Magical Law Enforcement wanted this to be as realistic as possible. "Caldwell, Newbury, partner up. Morte and Waters, you two partner up. Mayer, you're with me."

OOC: Please make separate threads for the next part of the lesson, each partnership should try hand to hand combat, and up to using at least one type of weapon. I am not limiting you to any time, or posts, I just want you to go and have a little character development. If anyone is unsure on where to start, please PM me. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One)   Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Muggle & Magical Combat (Part One)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2