Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Kieran had noted the slight widening of her eyes when she noticed a certain biological reaction to that last move, and felt far more embarrassed than she probably did, not to mention ashamed. She had made clear that this wasn't more than a friends get together, at least he thought she had, so...that kind of thing just wasn't right or fair to her. Part of him wanted to apologize for it, but after a few moments thought he decided it was best to not bring the matter up. If she still wanted to hang out with him, even after seeing that...well, he would have to ask her out properly. Victoria was hands down the best date he'd had in ages, even if it technically wasn't one she'd shown that she was an amazing girl anybody would be lucky to have. It would be remiss of him if he didn't at least make an attempt at something more when he already like her quite a lot.

The mention of fast food after dancing at a place like this when they were both dressed up actually made him laugh, but he smiled at her and gave her a nod. "What the lady wants, the lady shall receive. McDonald's it is, but if any guys stare too much at how beautiful you are I make no promises about not telling them off." he warned.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:45 pm

"Only if it's okay with you, though?" Victoria asked when he said she could have what she wanted. Honestly the witch was just more interested in getting food quickly, but if Kieran had had a plan... no, she wouldn't think about it like that, he wouldn't of, would he?

The comment about other men made Victoria chuckle softly. "Oh, come on Kieran, you're quite safe there!" She told him with a laugh. Honestly, she doubted she'd get attention in McDonald's of all places. "Besides, I'm going in with you. I don't think people will look, because they'll assume we're together, or something."

That, Victoria left there, linking her arm with Kieran and tugging him gently towards the door. "Bye guys, see you next week!" She called out to the room - a chorus of goodbyes being heard in response to both her and Kieran - before finding her way back in to the street and leading Kieran to the local McDonald's just a few minutes down the road.

"Thank you, for coming tonight. I really enjoyed our dance! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find someone who creates a good chemistry with whilst dancing?" She asked, wondering if Kieran had any idea what she was talking about or whether he just heard nonsense.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 7:02 pm

"It's alright, I did kind of have a plan but that would be a sit down thing. Really, I don't mind fast food just didn't think you'd want that." Kieran explained, trying to assure her he didn't mind. Sure, it would have been nice to have a sit down meal and get to know her even better, but they'd have other times for that. Quick and easy was fine by him, even if it wasn't going according to his loose schedule. Things like that used to irritate him to no end, but with age and hopefully a bit of maturity he'd gotten better at going with the flow.

The comment about people assuming together made him blush and smile widely. "That's true, you have a point. People will probably be shooting me jealous looks after seeing the pretty girl, I should be more concerned with that." Kieran concluded. Sure, he was laying it on rather thick, but he was also pretty certain his assessment of what would probably happen was dead on. Victoria may not want to see it or admit how lovely she was; but, eventually he'd get her to, even if only to herself.

Kieran didn't argue in the slightest when Victoria started leading him off, giving a wave to the dance people as he kept stride with her. He made a conscious effort to keep his steps from being too long so they could keep pace comfortably, smiling as he saw the sign up in the distance for McDonald's. When she thanked him he nodded, pretty sure he understood what she was saying. "I don't know how difficult it is as well as you I'm sure, but I know it was the most fun dancing I've ever had. Speaking of chemistry, I think it's because we're good there in general, not just with dance stuff." he pointed out, and waited to hear her response to that comment. He wanted to ask her out for real, but...he didn't want to get hurt by putting himself out there blindly either.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm

"Oh!" Victoria responded, looking very sorry in that moment. Genuinely sorry, too. "Maybe next time, Kieran? I'm so sorry!" The witch replied, though she didn't want to deter from McDonald's, she was craving a Big Mac so, so much now! "Also, what makes you think I wouldn't want fast food? Don't be fooled by the figure! Mom says it'll catch up on me one day!" Victoria explained with a soft chuckle.

"Honestly, Kieran, you worry about other people too much. Ignore them!" Victoria told him, playfully rolling her eyes at him, because he really was worrying over nothing in that moment.

The comment on chemistry made Victoria smile to herself. "I think you are right there, Mr Douglas. Our chemistry is quite something!" Victoria responded, giving him a playful nudge as they walked together. "Though, it is only our second meeting... so I think I will have to think on that a little more before I could possibly confirm that. Which... means you may have to spend some more time with me. Dancing, next week, same time?" She offered, because she had, genuinely, enjoyed their dancing session. And, they were already blossoming in to good friends, it couldn't hurt, right?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 5:53 pm

Kieran waved her off. "Really Vic, it's no problem at all. Now if I had made reservations that would be one thing, but I didn't so no harm done." he told her firmly. It had been a while since he'd eaten at McDonald's, and it did sound kind of good, really. Chuckling, he shook his head. "No, it wasn't the figure that had me fooled. I suppose that since we dressed up and went to a dance place I expected that you'd want to go somewhere a little nicer, seemed to fit the situation better in my head. Not complaining, just surprised." he said with a shrug.

Blushing, he nodded when she told him to ignore them. "Okay, I'll just stay focused on the awesome company." he replied, linking their arms together together to draw her closer as he said it, giving her a wink as he did so.

Hearing her say she wanted to spend more time together mad Kieran smile as a warm feeling of acceptance and being wanted at least as a friend spread through him. IN the past he hadn't been the best at making or keeping them, but Victoria made it all feel easy, natural even. "Well, I was kind of already thinking of coming again if you'd have me so that's perfectly fine. The thing is...I'm not sure I could wait that long to see you again." he explained flushing ever so slightly as he told her that. "There's one other thing, I...well, I've been doing some thinking and from our talk last time I think we kind of want the same things out of a relationship. I...I really like you Victoria. Would you be willing to go on a proper date with me?" he asked quietly, looking at her with a nervous anticipation and hope mixed together in his eyes.

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 6:30 pm

"There's no written rule you can't look handsome and go to McDonald's!" Victoria insisted with a light chuckle. Though, she wasn't too bothered by people looking, she'd gotten used to such things quite a while ago when she'd been in a wheelchair. You learned to ignore it, over time.

"Great - you can be my new dancing buddy - don't you let me down!" Victoria insisted with a soft laugh, sobering a little as Kieran mentioned that he couldn't wait so long to see her again. A week, in Victoria's books, wasn't exactly a long time, she had quite a hectic schedule, but she was open minded.

"A proper date?" Victoria asked, her lips pulling up in to a small, amused smile. She wasn't laughing at him for asking her on a date, oh no, she was actually amused at the idea of him using the word 'proper'. "And... what, pray tell, would a 'proper' date entail?" Victoria asked softly, noticing him blushing, but not being able to help herself from teasing him a little.

After all, if everything was very clear from the outset, neither party could get hurt through misunderstandings in the long run.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 pm

"Oh, I know that, it's just unusual." he said, amused and finding himself laughing a little along with her. People were usual in jeans or other casual clothes when eating at fast food places, at least in his experience. McDonald's was now less than a block away, so he figured they didn't have a ton of time left on the stroll, which was rather enjoyable. It wasn't just that Victoria was beautiful, or kind, or any of her other wonderful qualities, it was the combination that had his head spinning of how he'd found such a great person one night when he chose to walk into a bar. Funny how things worked out sometimes.

Looking at her seriously, he reached down and gave her hand a squeeze. "I'd never let you down by choice, Victoria. The only thing stopping me would be getting called in to work, but I would let you know and not just leave you wondering why I didn't come." he assured her. It was perhaps a more serious reply than she'd been expecting, but he didn't want her to think he would simply bail on her, because that was not cool. He always did his best to keep his obligations, and this was going to be one of his when he was in the country.

"Yes, a proper date. As for what it entails, in a word, me trying to court you." Kieran said, hoping she knew what that meant before deciding to elaborate a little more. "It would have to involve a nice dinner, either cooked by me at my place or out at a good restaurant, perhaps going for a moonlit stroll through a park after, or maybe flying together if you enjoy riding a broom. Maybe near the end we could curl up together under a blanket and watch a movie, I don't know. I'd probably hold your hand if you'd let me...and, at the end, well...maybe a kiss if you're willing. Though, I won't pressure any of it if you aren't comfortable. Just, ideas I've had for a long time if I ever found a great girl. I wouldn't be opposed to having a tango with just us, either. That was fun." he added, blushing bright red now as he talked about this. Had he said too much? He felt like perhaps he had, but it had all spilled out and there was no putting the words back in now..
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:16 pm

"I'm sure you wouldn't let me down. But when you can dance so well, I wouldn't wish to lose you as a partner!" Victoria told him. Of course, Kieran still had room for improvement, you didn't become a professional in one night, but sometimes the chemistry was so difficult to find, she didn't know how she'd become so lucky in this respect.

"Well, that would be five words." Victoria countered with a warm smile as he explained what he meant. Courting... Victoria found that word so... last century. And yet, oddly alluring too. A man who was happy to court was not one you had to be afraid of, surely? Courting did not include things of a more physical nature that Victoria was still not sure if she was ready for...

The list of things that Kieran had in mind brought a light blush to Victoria's cheeks - he'd obviously thought about this at some length... The witch, however, could honestly say that a few of the things on the list made her a little nervous. In a first date, she didn't want to go to Kieran's house - that would be putting yourself in a territory that Victoria knew wasn't one hundred percent safe, even if it was Kieran who was so very sweet, she didn't wish to put the wrong message across.

"How about a counter offer?" Victoria asked softly, looking up at him with a tentative smile. "You can take me out for dinner, and then we can go for a walk around a park. Sit on a bench, talk for a while. But... I don't mean this in a rude manner... I just..." Victoria hesitated, looking away from Kieran for a moment. "If you'd like to do this, I'd like to take it slow." Victoria summarised, hoping this would be okay.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Kieran wasn't sure he was really as good as she thought he was, but couldn't deny that they had worked well together on the floor. "Fair enough, is it always Tango or is it something else each week so we get a variety?" he asked curiously. He really didn't know how dance classes worked so was kind of in the dark as to what to expect if he started going regularly. Would they make him try to work with others, too? Or, hopefully, would he be able to stick with Victoria for them.

"True, I meant to say just courting, but my brain misfired there on me." he said with a laugh. "Nerves, I suppose." Kieran explained, though she probably already knew. He could sense the trepidation in her eyes about some of the things and cursed himself for putting a little too much pressure. He hadn't meant to make it sound like he just wanted her to come to his apartment and stay for as long as she was willing, but in retrospect it did kind of sound like that.

Blushing, he simply nodded and kissed her cheek before leaning away just a little, though their arms were still linked. "That's not rude at all, and I'm fine with taking things slow. Wasn't trying to pressure you into anything, we could always do those things at a later date if you decide to stick around." he said, before noticing they were at McDonald's and he stepped forward to open the door. "Gorgeous ladies first." he told her with a twinkle in his eyes. She didn't say no, this...this could actually happen. That realization made him feel like he was over the moon with happiness, but he tried to keep it tamped down, although the wide smile on his face did kind of give it away.

Last edited by Kieran Douglas on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 11:43 am

"We change every week." Victoria told the man before her with a warm smile. "So, if one week you don't like the dance, you don't have to worry, because we'll be trying something different either the next week, or the week after. It depends on the complexity of the dance, in truth." She summarised, hoping this would be okay for Kieran, because some people didn't like the shift, but Victoria loved the change.

The kiss on the cheek made Victoria smile softly, glad that Kieran was happy with her compromise. She didn't wish to rush anything. Especially with the failed relationships she'd had in the past. No, this could just be a slowly building flame. "Oh, I know you weren't, relax." Victoria told the man beside her with a warm smile, she was quite sure Kieran wasn't that kind of guy, but it didn't hurt to be cautious.

Stepping in to the McDonald's, Victoria fished around for her purse in her bag, before looking up to Kieran. "What would you like to eat? My treat!" She told him, looking up at the menu. "As a thank you, for coming to dance class this evening," Victoria added, not wanting Kieran to try and get out of it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)    Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing and Dinner (Victoria)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next