Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meeting Ivory (open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Meeting Ivory (open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meeting Ivory (open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Meeting Ivory (open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Meeting Ivory (open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meeting Ivory (open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Meeting Ivory (open) Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptySat May 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Ivory sighed and dumped myself into a nearby fluffy chair. She whistled and watched from across the room as Floofer's ears perked up and pranced over to her. Ivory leaned down and scooped the kitten up, scratching behind her ear as Ivory leaned back in her chair. The kitten mewed loudly at her and purred, rubbing her head against Ivory's hand.

Ivory thinks back on her day. It's had been pretty decent so far, classes had been easy as always but it's not like she'd made no effort. Ivory was top in all of her classes. She looked around the empty tower, feeling bored, and not having any friends to hang out with. She sighed and hung her legs over one arm rest of the chair and rested her head on the other then lifted Floofy up to touch noses. She mewed in confusion and wriggled in her hands. With a sigh Ivory set the kitten back down on her stomach, she then curled up to take a nap, purring.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 5:20 pm

It had been another boring day in Dimitri's life, and he was pretty fed up, truth be told. Classes being the usual run of the mill in respect of their subjects had made him will the day away simply so that he could head back to the common room to read. As nerdy as that might sound to anyone else, it was a good pastime, and not too uncommon within the Ravenclaw Tower.

The Tower wasn't too busy, so Dimitri moved to one of the free seats and sat himself down, contemplating the fire for a moment before reaching in to his bag. His current book of choice was Game of Thrones from the A Song of Ice And Fire series. He loved medieval fantasies, they were a welcome break to the joy of reality of his life.

Dimitri's eyes moved up at the sound of a cat meowing, though, taking in a witch playing with her kitten. A smile touched his features, and Dimitri looked back down at his book, not wishing to intrude on the tender moment created by the pair.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Ivory glanced up as someone else entered the room. A sixth year that she'd seen but never talked to walked into the room. He picked up one of her favorite books from a shelf and sat in a nearby chair. Ivory smiled softly and looked away.

She continue messing with Floofy and blushed slightly as the boy looked up at her. Ivory set the kitten back down, afraid to disrupt the boy. Floofers smacked her lips and looked up to see the older boy. Upon noticing him she jumped down from out of their chair. She padded over to the boy, tail swishing behind her and looked up at him with a loud mew.

Ivory groaned and jumped up, running over to scoop up the tiny black kitten. The kitten mewed in annoyance and wriggled in Ivory's hands. She bopped the kitten's nose with one finger.
"Stop that Floofy." She then turned back to the boy, blushing and embarrassed. "I'm so sorry... she's just very curious and friendly. I hope we aren't bothering you too much."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 6:09 pm

As the witch set the kitten down, Dimitri smiled as it made it's way over to him. Kittens were quite cute, he had to admit, and this little fellow was by no means an exception to the rule. The kitten was quite the attention seeker, too, Dimitri soon found as it stood before him and mewed up at him as if to ask for attention to be given.

Dimitri was about to do just that when the witch - whom he assumed to be the kitten's owner - hurried over and scooped the small animal up in to her arms. The boop to the kittens nose, as a way of telling it off, made Dimitri raise an eyebrow slightly, but he passed no comment, and the brow was back in place before the girl could witness it having taken place.

"You're not distracting me at all. Just rereading a series." Dimitri admitted, motioning to the book before him. "And, Floofy, wasn't it?" He asked, motioning to the kitten. "Was quite alright, animals are curious, so long as they're not destroying my work, I don't mind them."

Sitting up a little straighter, the Ravenclaw added. "I'm Dimitri, by the way, I don't believe we've spoken before..."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Ivory rubbed the kitten's fur in an affectionate way. She nods and cuddles the tiny thing close. "Yes. Floofy, Floofers, Little Ball of Floof," She chuckled lightly and kissed the top of the kitten's head. "She's my little baby."

She tilted her head at the mention of his work. "What kind of work? Just school work or drawings or what?" She plops herself, cat in hand, into the chair next to the boy. "Oh, er, no. We haven't talked, I've seen you around before, but I don't really talk to people much. I kind of keep to myself since my second year here." She smiles and adjusts her big sweatshirt, tucking a strand of auburn hair behind her ear that had fallen from her hair.

She then realizes she never introduced herself. "I'm Ivory by the way. It's nice to meet you Dimitri." I smile and hold out my hand for the boy to shake.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 9:23 pm

"That's her actual name?" Dimitri asked for clarification, he'd never heard that as an actual name for a pet before, but he could understand it. Though... he would have thought that name would have arisen more from a small child, not a teenager. Dimitri didn't say that out loud, though, that would be rude.

"School work. I can't draw. My talents are in music, not art." Dimitri explained with a small smile. "But I suppose it would extend to art, were I be trying it again." The Ravenclaw amended his previous statement.

The admittance that she didn't talk to many people was quite a regular occurrence in the school, especially in the Ravenclaw Tower. Dimitri was something of an anomaly in that respect, but he did value the occasional solitude. "Why your second year, if you don't mind me prying?" Dimitri asked, her statement had been a little specific and it had piqued his interest in her.

Hearing her name, Dimitri took her hand. But instead of shaking it, he leaned over and pressed a kiss to her knuckles. "It's my pleasure, Ivory." He responded, letting go of her hand and sitting back. Being a Pureblood, Dimitri sometimes mixed up normal greetings with those he'd been taught, but he wasn't embarrassed if he got it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Ivory smiled and nodded. "Yes. Her actual name is Floofy. When I got her I was trying to figure out what to name her when this little girl asked if she could name her. She picked Floofy and I think it suits the little floof ball." She smirks and looks down at the small cat.

Her eyes widened when he said he was into music. "Do you play an instrument? I love music so I guess I'm just naturally curious." She grinned at that. Her face fell just slightly when he mentioned her second year. She tries to brush it off a bit. "I... guess I just realized I should be focusing more on my studies than making friends." She considered saying more and decided it couldn't hurt. Before she could however he leaned over and kissed her hand. She looked at him in surprise, grinning stupidly and blushed before continuing her story, more to take attention away from her blush than anything.

"I tried to make friends through my first two years but every time anyone found out I was half Veela they wanted nothing to do with me." Ivory winced slightly, expecting him to turn away like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptyMon May 15, 2017 7:52 pm

"Ah, yes, that makes much more sense. I was honestly trying to work out how someone our age would name a kitten Floofy." Dimitri admitted with a small smile. "Small child involvement makes it much easier to understand."

"Yes, I play." Dimitri admitted with a small nod. "I can play the piano really well, but, I can also play the drums and violin to a reasonable standard too. The others... well, I can do bits, but they don't come quite so easily." He explained, not really seeing this as anything amazing, in truth. After all, all Purebloods were taught a multitude of talents from a young age, music had just been one that Dimitri actually excelled in.

Watching the witch blush because he kissed her made Dimitri simply smile. It wasn't that much of a big deal, really, but he didn't want the witch to feel bad. Finding out she was a Veela, Dimitri raised an eyebrow at that much. "Half Veela... huh. I've never met a Veela before, I thought they were supposed to make you trip all over yourself around them..." He mused, finding he was obviously not affected by the charms of a Veela.

"I don't see a problem with Veela, truly." He told her, genuinely meaning it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptyMon May 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Ivory giggled. "Yes, well children can be very persuasive." She chuckled, "And persistent."

Her eyes lit up when he said he plays. Dimitri told her how he could play piano, drums AND violin. Ivory nodded and shook her head at the same time, creating a weird mix of a reaction. "I can't play an instrument but I wish I could. One thing I can do is sing!" I smiles, glad she was at least not truly worthless. "Though I don't sing in front of others." She blushes at the thought, and at what that would no doubt mean for specifically any men in the room.

"We can if we want to. It's not an automatic thing. We can use our charm when we want but it requires effort. It's out of our control however when we sing. That's the biggest reason why I don't ever sing in front of anyone else. I would never want anyone to feel like I'm manipulating them."

When he said he didn't have a problem with Veela Ivory couldn't help but smile.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) EmptyTue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm

"They are, my younger sister is very much the same in that manner." Dimitri agreed with that notion, smiling fondly at the thought of his younger sister - not that she was that much younger than him.

The fact Ivory could sing was something Dimitri took with a pinch of salt. Many people believed they could sing, but very few people could actually sing well. Whether or not Ivory was of the former, or the latter, he was not going to ask, nor assume either way. "That... is quite a talent, though." He commented, not really jumping in to that subject too much.

But, everything came in to a much more understandable manner just a moment later when Ivory explained how the Veela power worked. Some people tripped merely at the site of a Veela, what with them supposedly being quite beautiful. But, Dimitri wasn't feeling any kind of pull towards the witch before him. Perhaps he had some kind of natural defence against the power, he wasn't sure.

"That makes much more sense. The not singing in front of people. But, a shame that you would have to waste your talent." Dimitri expressed his concern, but from what he could think of, there was very little in the way of getting around it.

"What else do you like to do?" He asked, trying to think of a better subject than the things Ivory could not do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Ivory (open)   Meeting Ivory (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Ivory (open)
Page 1 of 1