Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Night Off (Mycroft) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
A Night Off (Mycroft) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Night Off (Mycroft) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Night Off (Mycroft) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
A Night Off (Mycroft) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Night Off (Mycroft)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Night Off (Mycroft) Empty
PostSubject: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 2:57 am

Andrew sighed as he entered the bar. It had been a long day at work and he was ready for some time off. He headed straight for the bar, ordering a neat scotch before leaning over the counter, head in his hands. He rubbed his temples and thought about the day's class.

He was still upset by how little people showed up for Divination, it tuly was an amazing subject. While it had been a good week it's been hard. The students didn't seem interested in his teachings and he hadn't seen Clara for more than a week. His drink arrived and he raised his glass to the barkeep in a thank you. Come to think of it, Andrew wasn't sure why he had adopted Clara. It just wasn't good for her, he didn't have enough time to spend with her. Well, maybe he could bring her with her next year. She would love the sneak peek at hogwarts, for that's where she would surely go in a couple years. He waould have to talk to the Headmistress about it.

Last edited by Andrew Maxwell on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 3:18 am

It had been a hectic month. The litigation documents came into his office into full force and he had done a few double time hours within the office. The joy of being in politics were the civil cases that came his way with little thought of how full his plate was. Still, the only good thing that came this month was actually spending time with his family, specifically his baby sister. At first she was still reluctant to being around him and even threw a tantrum that nearly gave him a heart attack. Still, the idea of her being close to him, and even hugging him during Christmas meant that she was warming up. It had to take time.

Still, he needed to get away from it all. Thankfully the ministry offices were close to a bar that many of his colleagues frequented which now looked appealing. Any other time, he would find himself going home and having a drink in the comfortableness of his own home. But there was no time, eventually he would need to head back, thus this was a good enough compromise.

Pushing the door open, he went to the bar and requested a simple martini, very try and no olives. Seemed like the best thing as he was not feeling like his usual brandy.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 3:49 am

Andrew looked up as another man ordered a drink near him. He studied the guy with curiousity. Wasn't he the guy teaching the potions class? Andrew smiled and nodded to the man. "Rough night?" He asked with a small chuckle. He obserbed the man with a raised eyebrow.

He jumped slightly as there was a crash over on one side of the establishment and turned to watch as a drummer attempted to pick up his metal disk things. Andrew wasn't sure what they were called but he was an art guy, not a music guy. Not that he disliked music, he like listening to it, he just wasn't knowledgeable about it.

He turned his attention back to the man and smiled. "The name's Andrew. What should I call you?" He smiled and took a sip of his drink with a slight grimace, eyes on the man.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 4:06 am

When he received his drink, he was relieved and took a long sip of his drink. It burned greatly, but it was just what he needed. He knew that he could not nurse this drink for long as the work on his desk was simply piling up, but he was willing to give himself some time away, at least for his mental health. But when someone spoke to him he was a bit surprised but raised his brow as a simple greeting.

"Rough Night?"

Mycroft chuckled. "More like..rough month. I needed to get away from the four-walled prison I call my office."

The noise emitted from the side of the room surprised him, perhaps he had forgotten for a brief second what kind of establishment this was. Still, he refused to flinch, one could not show too much weakness over something so simple, he only hoped that it was worth the music that would be played.

"It's good to meet you Andrew, my name is Mycroft, but Myce will do" he introduced himself stretching out his hand in greeting. "I must ask, I did see you briefly a Hogwarts, so I must ask what brings you here of all places instead of Hog's Head?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 11:59 pm

Andrew chuckled. "Yes, I most definetly understand that. Millions of things to do and not enough of you to go around." He shook his head and sighed.  The music starte and Andrew simultaniously listened to it and the man. He reached out his own hand to shake Mycroft's, er, Myce's.

The music was a sort-of alternative rock that Andrew found himself enjoying. It had a nice beat and the lyrics made him think but he tried not to focus on it, instead focusing on the other man.

Myce then asked him what he was doing here. Andrew grinned and titled his head.
"I don't know.. better atmosphere maybe? I like the music and the fact that I'm less likey to run into other teachers here. After all, whats a night off for if I spend it with people I see everyday?" He chuckled and shrugged.

Music
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 am

When the musician began, he flinched. This was definitely not something that he enjoyed listening to, but he refused to pull a face. He could power through two martinis and continue listening to....this kind of music. The lead singer was alright, but he swore that the music overpowered her. 'Merlin, I am getting old' he thought taking a long sip of his martini. He signaled the bartender that he needed another one of those and quickly. Actually, he lifted two fingers signaling that he wanted a double. He needed it.

When Andrew began to explain himself he nodded. It seemed that perhaps this was what adulthood would be; simply powering through a boring and tedious responsibility. He oftentimes wondered if he should simply do what his father asked and just become a socialite, it would definitely be less work.  But as he briefly spoke about work, he found himself agreeing all the more.

"I understand...at this time I would have already left the office yet...there's some documents that I need to respond to, I simply just don't have the patience to continue. Tell me, what's it like properly teaching at Hogwarts?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 2:46 am

He took another drink as he listened to and studied the other man. He thought of his job, the other teachers, the students, pondering for a second on what he should mention about working at Hogwarts.

At last, he shrugged and tilted his head. "Well, it's a good job I'm lucky to have. The pay is good, and I get to have a room there and everything. It's quite honestly my dream job. I mean, it has it's good and bad traits, but all together it's the best I could hope for." He paused there, not sure how much to really elaborate on the subject, "I wish I wasn't so far away from my daughter for one thing. I sure will be happy when she gets to come to Hogwarts." He chuckled and thought for a moment, allowing himself to picture the girl in Hogwarts robes.

He tore himself back out of his thoughts to turn his attention on the other man.
"How about you? What's your job like?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 5:05 am

If Mycroft was honest with himself, he wished he had chosen a different path when it came to his career. Sometimes he wondered what would have happened had he defied his father and simply gone to teach. But he knew that the Pureblood society had already were surprised he had gotten a job at all. Any "right-minded" pureblood heir would simply find himself a good enough pureblooded woman to marry and have some children. But he was not good at that, at least he was proud of his lack of philandering and was honest with whatever poor soul was silly enough to find interest in him.

"You have a daughter?" he asked politely, "How young is she if she's not at Hogwarts?"

He asked to be polite, and genuine curiosity. He wondered when he would be able to love a human being so much as his own child. But that was definitely far away in the future. Right now his job was his major focus. His job had it's perks, such as being in the spotlight more and his family name being praised within the halls. But a part of him wondered if he had made the right choice, especially as he had gotten a brief taste of what teaching would be.

"My job depends on the day, I read proposed laws to go through society such as bans and social movements. I read motions and proposed orders that come to the Ministry and work under the Minister of Magic in whatever international project that might take his fancy. Politics and law surround my life."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night Off (Mycroft)   A Night Off (Mycroft) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Night Off (Mycroft)
Page 1 of 1