Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 8:32 pm

In the days after arriving at Furz Croft, Victoria had settled nicely with Azalea in her home. Waking up snuggled in to the older witch had been a great source of comfort each morning, and the younger witch had always insisted upon making breakfast for the two of them. After breakfast Victoria had usually headed off to her brother's home to help him during the morning with preparations for Veronika's funeral, before returning to spend the afternoon with Azalea, catching up, playing (as Victoria referred to it in her head) in the garden with Azalea's plants, and heading out one afternoon shopping together, because well, why not?

It had been on the second day of Victoria's stay that the text had come through from Jackson, and the amused eye roll from Victoria had alerted Azalea to the message. The question had been clear before it was spoken, and Victoria looked up from her phone with a soft smile.

"Jackson wants me to become Sherlock Holmes and find someone for him."

Which had led the two witches to concocting a plan to trawl through all the social media of the Greenes for the next few hours. By the time it had come to bed time, Victoria hadn't put her finger on a link, but she had replied to Jackson before she climbed in to bed, denoting that she was on it, and would be in touch when she had something concrete.

The next day, Victoria had found the mistress of Damien Greene.

From there, it had grown more difficult to get something Victoria knew could be used.

The distraction had come in the shape of Ivan and Adrienne, though. Victoria had promised Azalea that she would bring the kids over, and she hadn't disappointed. Not only were the kids coming over for the afternoon, Victoria had wrangled Jake in to letting the two children stay the night. Which meant they could have all the fun in the world! Which was currently how the scene at Furz Croft was unfolding. Victoria had conjured up a swimming pool in the back garden, with boards to jump in off of, and more than enough inflatable toys for the children to enjoy in the warm July heat. Victoria had bought a swimsuit that covered her body aptly for the scenario, and Azalea had been happy to oblige the children too.

Victoria had just emerged from Furz Croft to find Azalea helping Adrienne up on to the jumping board when her phone pinged on the table.

"Aunty Tori, loooooooook!" Adrienne insisted, making Victoria pause with the tray of drinks. "I MAKE BIG SP-"

Adrienne had not thought through jumping in to water and talking at the same time and ended up with a mouthful of water as Azalea quickly hoisted her back out of the water. The youngest Newbury spluttered momentarily before grinning at Azalea and then her Aunt. "That was amazing! Again, Again Zay-lea!" The child insisted, and Victoria let out a soft laugh to herself.

"Don't forget to let Ivan have a go!" Victoria called, unlocking her phone to find a message from MizMagikMoniez. Smiling to herself because she'd been getting through to the woman Victoria abhorred for her behaviour with a married man, the lawyer quickly replied with an affirmative to the question of wanting to see her 'Mr Cash' as the blonde referred to Damien Greene. Playing at being a model, ditzy and wanting advice on how to get the men with the large wallets had been the easiest way to get closer to MizMagikMoniez, even if it made Victoria feel sick to the stomach when she thought of it later.

Vickson Ivandrienne had no such qualms, though, and 'adored' MizMagikMoniez.

So far, Vickson Ivandrienne had found out where MizMagikMoniez got her lips done, where her boob job had been done and the doctor who she really should look up practiced from, and a range of other things that Victoria Newbury had had to look up to understand what in Merlin's name was going on.

In the background, Adrienne had taken to making aeroplane noises as she jumped in to the pool each time.

Ping!

Victoria looked down to see the picture message.

"Yes- Oh Merlin that's..." Victoria cringed, finding a nude picture of Damien Greene and his new flame naked in a picture. But even if the picture highlighted all of Damien's shortcomings in that snap, MizMagikMoniez was so, so very happy with herself.

"I got her, Azalea!" Victoria called out happily to the older witch, before quickly forwarding the picture to Jackson

I apologise for the crass photo, but MizMagikMoniez likes to flaunt... everything! Victoria texted the Senator, feeling very, very proud of herself as she put her phone back down and hurried back to the pool, diving in and splashing everyone very, very much in the process.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) EmptyTue Nov 27, 2018 7:54 pm

Spending time with Victoria was unbelievably relaxing, something Azalea had no idea she needed until she had it. Just being around the tiny witch put Azalea in a good mood and it was easy to see why. Though the former Herbologist still required her usual potion to go to sleep, this was about as relaxed as she could naturally be.

Which shouldn't make sense given the sheer amount of things they did. They cooked together, they gardened, they even found time for a shopping spree where, unsupervised, Azalea picked out a few things that she would have formerly worn. A few form fitting tops, some jeans, a collection of skirts because Victoria insisted they looked "nice and swishy". At any rate, it would be good not to rely on jeans all the time, she was no loner a teenager after all.

the times the lawyer spent with her family, Azalea dedicated to ehr studies. Attending classes and catching up, meeting Ciaran and her other friends, fielding questions about where Josh was and providing vague answers because honestly, even she didn't know. The brunette still hand't entertained the notion of googling him though the opportunity came soon enough to demonstrate how it was done.

Victoria had made good on her promise of inviting her niece and nephew over, and the older witch had almost cried with joy at seeing Ivan and Adrienne again. It had been the children's first time through the floo network apparently and both had managed to keep their elbows in and tumble out of Furz Croft's fireplace unharmed, albeit covered in suit. Something neither Azalea nor her white blouse had cared for when she had fallen to the floor to scoop both children in her arms in a tight hug.

From then on it had been a whirlwind of games, music, cooking, epic sleepovers in the living room and the building and destruction of lego cities and structures galore. The children seem to enjoy building giant cities, then building dragons and monsters to destroy said cities. Adrienne in particular had been enchanted by the dragon charmed to breathe "fire" as it wreaked Havoc on Ivan's meticulously build Citadel. Azalea did a good job of distracting the children while Victoria put on her detective hat, demonstrating how easy it was to look people up online.

Unsure why Jackson wanted to look up some model, the older witch was nonetheless happy to help. An the next day, when the children were laying in the conjured pool, staving off the July heat, Victoria finally found what she was looking for.

But business could wait, leaving her phone, Victoria jumped into the pool, ready to wrangle the hyper Adrienne who wanted to dive again and again while Azalea moved to help Ivan who - after several happy laps around the pool - was considering a tiny ship tour with himself as captain. After a few moments of discussion, they settled on a game called Stormy Sera Voyage where Ivan would have to navigate a toy fleet of conjured boats through the whirlpools made by Adrienne's giant splashes. The objective of the game wold be to get all passengers across safely. Azalea even transfigured a captain's hat for the boy while Adrienne instead her floaties be turned into shark fins for aided dramatic effect.

It was only once they had gotten the kids out of the pools after two hours and many shipwrecks later that Victoria shared the photo she had received from the model. Azalea winced at the picture. "Oh wow... that's small," she finally managed, trying to restrain a giggle. "I don't know if I feel sorry for her or his ex."

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Truthfully, Victoria hadn't paid much mind to the picture. It was supposed to be private, after all, and the younger witch had never been very comfortable with the idea of public nudity at those kind of lengths, let alone broadcasting such things. Especially now, Victoria had reflected only momentarily before she pushed the idea aside to spend quality time with her niece and nephew.

The time had been spent well, too, and as the children began to tire, and Adrienne's jumps in to the pool grew a little too laboured, Victoria called an end to the day's proceedings with the announcement of smiley faces and turkey dinosaurs for dinner, knowing both children loved the much too unhealthy dinner, but allowing them some fun whilst they were here. As Victoria finished towelling Adrienne dry, and helped her in to pyjamas a while later, the witch had passed Azalea her phone to see the evidence that had been found. Azalea had always been much more knowledgeable in these areas, always having advice ready on the more adult areas of life that Victoria's knowledge had always been lacking, and as her first comment came out, Victoria couldn't help but move to look at the picture again.

The younger witch had only slept with one man in her life, seemingly having a larger fondness for the female body. But if she compared Odysseas'... Victoria's cheeks flamed deeply at the thought of that time which seemed so long ago... to what was before them now, the witch could definitely agree that... well, she didn't wish to be rude.

"Perhaps it's just the angle, or... I don't know." Victoria tried to explain away the picture, not wishing to be unpleasant of someone she didn't know, even if they had done a truly terrible thing. "Do you think... that's enough to get Jackson what he needs?" Victoria asked, taking her phone back and locking it before either of the children could see things they never needed to know about. Her attention was on Ivan and Adrienne, though, who were hurrying her to help them put on their favourite movie whilst they waited for their dinner to be cooked.

"Or," Victoria continued on a few minutes later after both children were settled in to watch Wreck It Ralph for the hundredth time. "Do you think I need to try to get more?" She asked, hoping Azalea might have an idea on this subject, because she was truly out of her depth with what one needed to prove such things.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Of course, with two hyper children bent on proving to the witches that they could do everything in one day, the conversation didn't continue right then and there. Other than Victoria's polite comment on camera angling, the two returned to the children. Pool time morphed into cleanup, dinner, bathing and then finally the epic sleepover that was promised. All rooms were ignored for the night as Azalea and Victoria brought out sleeping bags and blankets, arranging them around the living room to ensure each child was protected by one adult in the sleep formation. Adrienne was all too happy to claim the sleeping bag beside Azalea while Ivan moved quietly to the one by his aunt's side.

But bedtime didn't come easy, it came with stories  and jokes and tickles and finally two tired children falling asleep on the grown up's laps. It was only after each witch had transferred a sleeping child to his or her sleeping bag that Azalea had the opportunity to pick up the conversation they had left off hours ago.

"It wouldn't hurt to know the woman's schedule, if the goal is to somehow track her down," the brunette offered, scooting over to Victoria to see her phone and the progress the younger witch had made chatting with MizMagikMoniez. "Though it really depends on how much you like Jackson, because technically you already did what he asked of you. So doing any more is going above and beyond the call of duty."

Contemplating Victoria's phone, she added "Hey, you haven't shown me a picture of him, let's see how Jackson looks now. Back then, I don't remember much beyond t shirts and jeans. And long hair he was always getting in trouble for." Of course, curiosity wasn't Azalea's sole motivation, but what was remained to be understood by the witch. So far she only knew of his work prowess and how much Victoria glowed with quiet pride when speaking of the politician.

Last edited by Azalea Murray on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 1:36 pm

With the children fast asleep and tucked up comfortably in their sleeping bags for the evening, Victoria and Azalea had moved away from the children just far enough to not disturb them, but not allowing them out of their sight. As Victoria moved to reply to MizMagikMoniez's latest messages on Instagram, Azalea scooted over with her advice on the matter.

"Going over and above is what I always do!" The younger witch reminded Azalea with a knowing smile. It was true, of course, but Victoria wasn't sure how much Azalea remembered, truthfully. It didn't matter, though, Victoria had been offering up lots of stories of what they had done all those years ago, to try to help Azalea piece things together, where needed. "And, I want to make sure that whomever he is doing this for is getting exactly what they need to sue him in to the ground." Victoria added, sending off another message to MizMagikMoniez to find out her plans for the next couple of days.

"I haven't?" Victoria asked, quite surprised with herself for that one. "Sorry!" She added, closing down Instagram to open the gallery on her phone. Truthfully, Victoria only had a couple of photos of Jackson in her phone. The first, which Victoria brought up for Azalea was one of the more recent news stories about her boss. "Here he is!" The witch explained, offering the phone to Azalea which now displayed Jackson and Sasha's photo from their engagement announcement. "They made the local news because... well, a lot of the women in Wisconsin found him very attractive, and knowing that he will be off the market -- or is off the market depending on how you look at it -- shortly came as quite the blow."

The information was probably a given. Jackson Blake was a handsome man, and in the world of politics, he was easily the most attractive man the political world had to offer. Victoria could see all of that from the perspective of a friend, but the boundaries had never blurred.

"And then..." Victoria continued on once Azalea had handed the phone back, allowing Victoria to sift through the copious photos of her niece and nephew before she found what she was looking for. Smiling to herself more than a little bit at the memories of the wedding, Victoria returned the phone to Azalea. "Jackson took me to Desi wedding -- because Sasha was out of the country -- so that he didn't have to attend alone. He's wearing a Sherwani and I'm wearing a Lehenga -- though please don't take those pronunciations as being right, everything was very overwhelming, truthfully! But, Jackson's friend's wife, Preethi Bhabhi helped me prepare for the evening.

"It was so, so beautiful, the wedding, and the Lehega, and... just everything about the wedding was just out of this world. Hopefully I'll get the chance to attend more weddings like it, though next time I am not wearing six inch heels because my date for the evening is so, so tall!" Victoria confessed with a soft laugh, knowing Azalea would understand the pain of walking in such heels.

"I think that's all the photos I have, to be honest..." The witch finalised, taking her phone back once more to check, and avoiding the silly picture she'd clasped of Jackson drooling on himself as he slept on the sofa in what had been their shared apartment that she'd taken in case she needed a little leverage over him. Not that she'd ever use it as such, but it had been a funny picture, and Victoria couldn't help herself on that one.

"He's lost all his puppy fat from school, and his hair, mostly, resembles something tidy." Victoria summarised, looking to Azalea for her thoughts on the whole matter.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Azalea wasn't surprised when the younger witch supplied how well liked Jackson was o his appearance. From his photo, it was obvious Victoria worked for a very handsome man. Well, maybe not as good looking as Josh but she as probably biased so refrained form making comparisons.

There was no competition, and if there was, Granny Weatherwax knew she would lose big time. Ho had everyone gotten so good looking over the ten years she hand't been around, while she remained the same plain Jane she'd always been. Except now she wasn't even an excellent herbologist to supplement the lack of other talents. Briefly a memory flashed through the film around her mind, an apartment in Canada, a brunette getting ready in front of a mirror, hearing a low wolf whistle as someone walked into the room.

Shaking her head clear off the memory, Azalea refocused on the photos, listening to all Victoria had to say. "So when's the big day?" she asked, referring to Jackson and his unfortunate redheaded fiance's wedding. The girl looked.... well she didn't have MizMagicMoniez's enhancements but somehow still gave off the impression of being plastic. She must have a great personally, the American supposed.

"That is a gorgeous lehenga" Azalea exclaimed, albeit quietly so as not to wake the kids. "And yes, the pronunciation is correct. I don't remember how exactly but I knew a woman called Drishti who taught me. I should look up her." Once again, the idea of using the internet to search for someone felt a terrible invasion of their privacy but perhaps it was the done thing now?

"Here, let me try something," Azalea offered, asking for Victoria's phone and opening up her Instagram if permitted too. Her new friend was online and it didn't take Azalea long to rad through the messages to note how Victoria was spelling and intoning ehr messages to write out one of her own.

i admire u lyk soooo much x. i want 2 b just lyk u. i hv a rich, single brother but i dont want his money, i want 2 b lyk you and find mr. cash. when can v meet pleeeeeez???!!???!!?? xxxxx

"What do you think, send?"

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 6:59 pm

The question of Jackson's big day came around, and Victoria had to think for a moment. When had Jackson said? He had said... hadn't he? "Well, Sasha is coming over to America this summer, and she's thinking of going to university to study Arts -- he insisted I helped with that, too -- so I'm not sure whether they're going to wait until next summer after her first year of university is finished, or whether they're going to wait until Sasha's done with her degree. I think they have to discuss when she gets settled, no doubt Jackson will ask me to help, if Sasha permits, of course." The witch explained, though there was no definitive answer in there, which was most unlike Victoria.

"I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding, though. From what I've seen, Sasha is very beautiful, and, well, every bride looks even more beautiful on their wedding day, don't they?" Victoria asked rhetorically in that moment.

"Oh, Drishti!" Victoria echoed, smiling at the memory of the witch. "Do you remember Samar? He played Quidditch with Jake at Moose Jaw Meteorites? Drishti was Samar's sister." Victoria provided for Azalea, happy to fill in the blanks when Azalea wasn't sure. "I said the same thing to Jackson after the wedding, though I wasn't as close with Drishti, age gap and all. I can ask Jake if he had her contact details, if you'd like, or Samar's? Then you can get in touch with them."

Handing her phone back to Azalea, Victoria cuddled up to the older witch, watching her type a message with awful English that made the younger witch's head hurt when she had to talk like that to the model on Instagram.

"Recently single," Victoria amended Azalea's text, because Merlin knew details like that were important to people like MizMagicMoniez. Then, after a moment's hesitation. "Send." The younger witch said, hiding her face so that she didn't see Azalea do the deed. "Oh Merlin, can you imagine being like her? I can't even... I don't even know how you can be so open about wanting to be with someone just because they have money..."

The witch shook her head at that thought, not knowing how anyone could be like that, at all.

"I'm glad we're normal. I don't think we could be friends if you only liked guys for their money." Victoria confided, before laughing softly to show she was only joking on that point. Azalea was, and always would be her friend, of that much she was certain.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm

The older witch remained quiet as Victoria spoke of Sasha's beauty. It seemed as though the former Wormwood hand't changed much at all, still seeing the best in people both inside and out. Azalea hoped the other witch would never lose that abut herself. Of all the things one had to fight to keep, optimism was the hardest.

"Well, it looks like you're going to be instrumental in putting the event together," the Californian remarked easily. Given what she'd been told thus far, there seem to be very little going on in Jackson's life that didn't require the tiny witch currently cuddled up to her. She sounded happy, no matter what else was going through, which was all azalea really wanted to know. She hoped it had occurred to other people around Victoria that the little witch was allowed to be happy no matter what she decided to do with her life and where she decided to do it.

As Victoria spoke of Samar, no spark of recognition showed in the older witch's eyes. the name drew a blank, as did the Quidditch position. Though she would have to take her guest's word on it. "Oh no, that's not necessary, she might find it weird to hear from me all these years later and..." And there was no point in airing all the drama in public. Plus it was best for everyone involved if Azalea stayed as far away from Jake's friends as possible.

Azalea let out a small giggle as Victoria corrected the text for factual accuracy. The subtle bait should be enough to make MizMagikMoniez wan to get closer to Vickson Ivandrienne. She seemed like a woman who would appreciate a plan B to fall back on.

As expected, a gushing text returned within seconds, completely unaware of the irony of proclaiming "girlz lyk us" as self made because they found a man of wealth all on their own. When Victoria mentioned her being normal, Azalea made no reply. She had never really pondered Josh's wealth, she had never had reason to. But even a blind person could see he did okay for himself. He was probably about the same as her own family, give or take. Not that Victoria needed to know that.

Which was why Azalea was not going to google the blonde. Finding out his social status or lack thereof would not play into their relationship.

"There, now you can set up meeting areas and will know for sure when she'll be out of the house. Then you can get Jackson or someone stateside to call and ensure her boyfriend is exactly where we suspect he is. That should help Jackson in his search."

For the next hour, they did that, occasionally exchanging more information about each other and punctuating their conversation with texts from the blonde model across the world. Finally, when Victoria could no longer keep her eyes open, Azalea tucked her in just like they had tucked up the children before bedtime, kissing the young witch's forehead then her nose playfully as a reminder of their younger days.

Once Victoria was firmly asleep, the older brunette reached for her own potion, ready to call in the dreamless sleep that would not come without it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)   Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Call Me Sherlock! (Azalea & Victoria)
Page 1 of 1