Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

Birthday : 2011-11-11

A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open)   A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) EmptyThu May 16, 2019 7:51 pm

They had done it!

They had won the Quidditch Cup from the pesky Ravenclaws who had one the Cup every year that Nikolai had been in the school without competition from the rest of the school. But, today, today they had snatched the Cup back in to the rightful hands of the Slytherin Quidditch Team!

To say Nikolai Kessler was over the moon would have been the greatest of understatements in the world, truth be told. The grin upon the boy's features was not going to wear down with anything being said or done for the remainder of the day.

The adrenaline rush of watching Ravenclaw battering Gryffindor in the final game had almost been too much for the boy as he held on to his seat with baited breath, glancing at the scoreboard nervously and calculating their lead, and the situations they didn't want to happen in the game as they watched. If Ravenclaw scored again, then it would mean x, if Gryffindor managed to find a rhythm, get points on the board, and catch the Snitch, it would mean y. The margins were being tested with each minute that passed by. Those in the stands were waiting with baited breath as the three way race to the finish for the Cup.

The wait had been truly worth it, though, Nikolai had realised as neither Gryffindor nor Ravenclaw could manage to catch up. Why the Gryffindor Seeker had caught the Snitch so early, Nikolai would never know, but as every one of the Slytherins rushed out on to the pitch in celebration, Nikolai was hauled along with them, beaming with the realisation that he had been part of the team who had crushed Ravenclaw's run. His method of dealing with the Hufflepuff Seeker had shown the initiative they needed to proceed to the top of the table-

AND THEY'D WON THE CUP!

The Slytherin team had been lifted above the crowd by their housemates, they were heroes! The chanting had not stopped as the team were bounced around effortlessly by the crowd. Nikolai's excitementhad only increased ten fold as they were let back down by the gates of the stadium, and instead treated to a great number of hugs, pats on the back, and many many more methods of celebration.

Their walk back up to the castle had been full of stories of victories from the season of Quidditch, making even the most trivial of saves by Stacey, the most awful of Bludger blocks by Mimosa and the worst passes by the Chasers sound like they had been monumental moments. Anything, told dramatically, sounded like it had come from a movie, and Nikolai Kessler was much more guilty than he should have been of lapping up the attention he was receiving as if he'd been starved of attention all of his life. Especially when some of his more technical plays, that he'd believed only Ji Hyun and Charles had picked up on, had been told in a manner that rivalled some of the best sagas in history.

Maria had been congratulated on her appointments in the year, to which the witch had simply waved away the congratulations, denoting that her decisions had been based on what she'd seen of them individually, it was the teamwork that really counted. After being told where to go with that awfully diplomatic response, the announcement of a celebration in the Slytherin Common Room that evening was made -- almost much too loudly, because everyone was invited -- to commemorate the Ravenclaws losing their place as the best team in Hogwarts.

Cheers went around to that -- those in charge of making the party scene happen already slinking away before they could be noticed by the professors who were making their way back up to the castle in that moment. The smell of food was already wafting from the Great Hall as they made their way inside, but the Quidditch team and a small group of Slytherins pulled up short as everyone else moved inside.

"I just wanted to say thank you, everyone, for making this happen," Maria told them all, looking almost too pleased with herself in that moment. "We really deserved this this year. And I'm looking forward to repeating it next year, too!"

It was at this point that the noise reentered Nikolai's conscious mind.

Mimosa.

The sound of Mimosa's voice had been constantly by his side as they had made their way on to the pitch to celebrate, and it had been there all the way up to the castle. Nikolai had not heard a word the witch had said, but he'd known she was talking.

"Of course we will, my Jacques says we're the best team Hogwarts has!" Mimosa trilled with her first addition to the conversation since Nikolai had tuned back in. The boy managed to contain the roll of his eyes purely because he was in much too good a mood to be pulled down by Mimosa's idiotic statements.

If only the witch knew when to shut up, the world would be the greatest place...

"And Squid Boy can keep learning from me, so he does good next season!" The witch added, giving him a much too innocent look for the not so nice statement she'd just made. Nikolai shook the comment off as the group moved in towards the Great Hall for their food amongst another round of applause that Nikolai realised in that moment was a well played part of Maria's for holding them up momentarily.

"They're clapping for me!" Mimosa insisted, and then the explanation of how she was the best at everything started. How Slytherin could not have won the Quidditch Cup without her being so amazing at Quidditch, and how her broom was the best, which made her the best. How her Jacques said she was the best and therefore she was the best. The monologue had begun, and Nikolai's mood was much too high to have it ruined in that moment.

It was an automatic response, not really thought through, and most certainly not planned.

As Mimosa's tirade of me, me, me continued, Nikolai took the witch's hand as he had many times before, and pulled the witch back towards him as she tried to walk on. The duo separated from the rest of the Quidditch team who had made it to their places, and they were amongst the only two still standing in the whole of the packed Great Hall.

Mimosa's body had turned back to him, and there was perhaps a moment's confusion in his actions as she looked back at him, her lips still moving with the same old boring tirade that they always spoke.

But those lips were hushed by the application of Nikolai's lips to hers in that moment, his free hand moving up to her cheek in a manner he'd seen the older boys do when kissing their girlfriends in the common room.

It took a moment.

Perhaps two?

And then Mimosa's words stopped.

Silence.

Beautiful, beautiful silence.

The boy's lips moved in the manner of a second kiss. A better kiss now Mimosa wasn't talking, ensuring that he had the desired effect on the witch he wanted.

Silence continued.

Smiling to himself as he pulled away from the kiss, Nikolai took a moment to look around. Stunned faces, smiling faces, and then, finally, a wolf whistle which brought the whole hall back in to a frenzy of excited chatter.

"Come on," Nikolai said simply, leading Mimosa to the Slytherin table where they belonged and sitting hand in hand with the witch, who had thankfully seemed to shut up for a bit.

Or perhaps he'd just tuned her out enough to longer notice a word she had to say.

Nothing, no nothing, was going to bring him down from this high.

Not even Mimosa Harrington-Clement.

A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) B9PKxb
Thanks to Kitty for the signature! <3
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open)   A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) EmptyMon May 27, 2019 9:39 pm

Mimosa had known they would win.

She had known it with the same confidence with which she knew everything. Life was always perfect and everything happened as she wanted it to, so why wouldn't Sytheirn win? Her shouts of "I told you we would win!!!" joined the victorious chorus erupting from the stands at Ravenclaw's defeat. Her Jacques hadn't been there to watch because she wasn't playing, which meant the girl had sat next to Squid Boy the whole time, their hands loosely entangled in each other's as was now the norm. The team surrounded them, watching the match with intense eyes and gritted teeth even though she kept reassuring them that there was noting to worry about. When they finally won however, she was dragged along with the crowd storming the pitch before she found her place by Squid Boy in the team line up to receive the Cup.

The brunette couldn't help the smug smile that crept on her face as the Quidditch Cup joined the House Cup in Slytherin decor. Here it was, irrefutable evidence that she was in the best house.

And that it was the best house because of her.

Belatedly it occurred to the young witch to find Mercy and congratulate her. People kept saying she wasn't paying well which just showed how stupid people were. Gryffindor had won, that meant it had done well. If only people could understand something so simple. But by the time the thought crossed her mind, they were already being swept into the Great Hall and the Gryffindor Team was nowhere in sight. Resolving to find her best firmed later, Mimosa stopped when the Captain held them back, bringing the team into a final huddle and telling them how proud she was of them.

Maria really meant to say she was proud of Mimosa, but the young model didn't mind including the rest of the team in her victory. Quidditch was a seven player game after all. And Mimosa Harrington was nothing if not compromising. It was only when Maria expressed her hope for a repeat performance next year that Mimosa piped up.

"Of course we will, my Jacques says we're the best team Hogwarts has! And he says he's sorry he can't be here to watch us but he's sending us aaaaallll presents. And he wants to look in on our training session because I think we need new brooms! Well, i don't but I'd like a new broom, but you all probably do. Especially Squid Boy, he can't keep flying on that kindling. But it's okay, my Jacques will fix it. We're going to the QWC in the summer so we'll see hat good brooms there are. We can probably get one for everyone and then we'll win for sure-" The witch continued doping her pearls of wisdom ling after the team disbanded, entering the Great Hall to shouts and cheers until Squid Boy took her hand and dragged her out as well, making the tiny witch wince slightly when he pulled a little harder than usual.

"They're clapping for me!" the third year Slytherin helpfully pointed out when Squid Boy stopped for a fraction of a second, staring at her with something odd in his eyes. Mimosa's attention didn't stay on the boy long though, as she contemplated a curtsy to the crowd. She would have done it too had she not spotted Mercy across the Hall, sitting somewhat morosely at the end of the Gryffindor table, with her teammates. Mimosa raised her hand to wave but before she could complete the motion, it was taken up by Squid Boy once more.

And now he was actually tugging her closer.

The pain barely had time to register however, in the wake of what came next.

At first she thought it was a mistake, the confusion rendering the witch completely silent as his lips bumped against her. The child would have been ready to show him how to kiss a Lady In greeting properly, on the cheeks, but he didn't move.

In fact, after a minute, those lips became more firm against hers... and his hand dropped hers, moving to her face instead.

This time, it didn't hurt. In fact, it made her want to close her eyes a little...

But his lips still felt odd against hers, like she was trying to blow a particularly peristalsis balloon but the other way around. Shew as the balloon and he was trying to her her to blow up. The child considered pushing him away for a split second but his hands on her face felt nice...

No one ever touched her like that. It was new, and interesting.

Eventually he removed his mouth from hers but despite their lips being free, they were both lost for words. Than someone began whistling and cheering and a faint blush crept across the young witch's cheeks. They should probably have tried that in private...

"Come on," Squid Boy encouraged, taking erh hand much mroe gently this time though the little witch was still in shock and probably would not have noticed a little extra force. For once, she couldn't think of a single thing to say as she sat down by him at their house table.

For once in her life, her atmosphere of selfishness had expanded to include... another perspective.

It dawned on her well after everyone had started eating, and every girl had giggled her way at least twice, that Squid Boy had kissed her.

He hadn't just How Do You Do kissed her.

He had Boyfriend and Girlfriend kissed her.

And as soon as the realization hit, her gaze shot straight across the Hall to the red table.

To find an empty space where Mercy had been sitting earlier.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open)   A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) EmptyTue May 28, 2019 3:01 am

Mercy felt awful. Not just physically, though she did feel more than a little queasy and a bit unsteady on her feet. She was used to that, however unpleasant it may be. It was her absolutely atrocious performance that she couldn't stop kicking herself over.

Sure, she could make excuses. It was two days before the full moon and she was obviously not in peak condition. But the last game had been close to the full moon too, and she had been determined to make up for it this time. So much had been riding on the Gryffindor chasers today. They had needed a high scoring game to win the cup, and on any other week, they might have had a chance. Merlin, she'd made so many stupid mistakes. She'd fumbled the Quaffle one too many times, and now here they were in second place. What did it matter that they'd won the game? They'd played terribly - she'd played terribly - and now Squid Boy was probably cheering somewhere in the stands.

As soon as she landed, she tossed her broom on the ground, ripping off her pads and chucking them aside with a groan, running her hands through her sweaty hair and trying to block out the screams erupting from the green-clad section of the bleachers. If she hadn't already been developing a headache, she certainly would now. With an angry huff, she gathered her things and trudged off to the Gryffindor changing rooms - slowly, because she felt like she might vomit if she moved too quickly.

"You feeling alright?" a voice interrupted as she shoved her gear into her locker. She looked up to see Leanna and immediately felt guilty knowing that it was her fault the seventh year captain hadn't been able to snag the cup before she graduated. Mercy slammed her locker door with a little more force than necessary and shrugged, looking down at the ground.

"Hey, it wasn't just you," Leanna reminded her. "We're a team, remember? Win together, lose together. We all made some mistakes."

Mercy shook her head, a frustrated noise escaping her. "I could've done so much better."

"So? What happened happened. Can't change it now. Look," Leanna placed a firm hand on Mercy's shoulder and the younger girl looked up. "I know you can do better. I've seen you do better. Honestly, you've impressed me since the moment I first saw you on the pitch, and I'll be surprised if you're not made captain someday. But everybody messes up. You had a bad day, maybe two. So did I. That doesn't make you a bad player unless you let it go to your head. And we still beat Ravenclaw, so that's something, eh?" Leanna smiled, clapping her on the back. "I'm not mad at you. Just make sure you get 'em back next year, yeah? For me."

Mercy nodded, blinking back tears. The moon always did weird things to her emotions. Without warning, she flung her arms around her captain's waist and hugged her tightly. "I'm going to miss you."

Leanna chuckled, returning the embrace. "I'll miss you too. I've enjoyed playing with you."

The rest of the team began to file into the changing room. Once everyone had changed out of their gear, the team moved as one back to the castle, skirting around the crowd of still celebrating Slytherins and making their way to their table in the Great Hall. They sat down amid consolatory pats on the back and sympathetic glances, then waited for the crowd to settle so they could eat. Mercy looked up as the Slytherin team entered the hall, suddenly remembering one good thing.

At least this meant Mimosa had won the cup.

As soon as the thought occurred to her, she caught sight of Mimosa passing through the double doors. And then she saw Squid Boy take her hand. Mercy's grip tightened unconsciously around her fork as she glared across the room at Squid Boy, though the boy wasn't looking. What did he think he was doing? Mimosa didn't like him like that. Did she?

Squid Boy paused, stopping Mimosa in her tracks, and Mercy's eyes narrowed. He'd better not be hurting her. Mimosa's bones were fragile. If he applied too much pressure, he could injure her hand.

Mercy was just about ready to rise from her seat and approach them when Squid Boy made his next move.

Mercy's fork clattered against her empty plate as it slipped from her hand. Her mouth opened, but her brain shut off and no noise emerged. What?

What?

She wasn't sure if the sudden wave of nausea was a coincidence or not.

She shot to her feet, ripping her gaze away from the scene before her. Her teammates asked where she was going, but she couldn't hear them over the blood rushing in her ears. Her feet carried her automatically away from the horrible image and she pushed numbly through the nearest door, ending up at the foot of the stairs.

No. No, no, no, no, no. No.

The word ran through her mind like a mantra as the scene replayed itself over and over again. She couldn't process it beyond her initial gut feeling of vehement rejection. That hadn't happened. That couldn't happen. That was so, so wrong. There was no way that could have happened.

Somehow she ended up on the seventh floor.

After several minutes of agitated pacing, she finally regained enough composure to register where she was. She didn't remember walking there. A door stood in front of her.

Without thinking, she opened it.

The room was empty except for a few practise dummies like the ones Jake sometimes used. The walls were lined with mirrors. Mercy stood there for a moment, breathing slowly, feeling her wand slide into her hand.

She wanted to break something.

The door shut behind her, cutting off her first "Bombarda!" from prying ears. Thirty minutes later, she sat in the center of the room, shoulders slumped as she panted heavily and surveyed the shards of glass scattered about the floor, eyes slightly glazed over and forehead slick with sweat. Her mind was mercifully blank.

Her stomach lurched. As she reached behind her, her hand connected with a bin - which most certainly hadn't been there before - and she quickly pulled it in front of her as she dry heaved. She hadn't eaten since breakfast.

She was physically and emotionally exhausted. Her eyes watered. She sighed in defeat. It wasn't like anyone was here to see her cry. She choked out a sob, leaning on the bin for support as she let it all out, punching weakly at the floor.

What a mess she was. She really couldn't do anything right, could she? She couldn't win the Quidditch Cup. She couldn't win Mimosa. Hell, Slytherin was almost certainly going to win the House Cup too unless something truly miraculous happened. She had nothing.

And Squid Boy? Somehow Squid Boy had it all. And he didn't deserve any of it.

She wanted to make him lose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open)   A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Study in Mimosa, Part Two (Mimosa & Open)
Page 1 of 1