Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)   Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2019 7:41 am

The handshake was firm -- a good sign -- in return for Jake's own firm grip. The only difference from one another being the firmly grounded hands of the other American that were well worn. A sign this man didn't mind a little bit of hard graft, and yet another good sign to Jake.

But the accent of the other man spoke of someone from further south than Jake had anticipated, and though he had nothing against Southerners, it completed the whole look to an almost comical level. "Good to meet you, Bo," Jake would reply, not needing to offer his own name in return as Adelaide had already done that for him.

Releasing the other man's hand, Jake waited for Adelaide to leave the office, giving her a warm farewell before she disappeared behind the door and off to Merlin only knew what other errands the Minister's wife had to attend to. Looking back to Bo, Jake took in the room change, and then took up the proffered seat.

"Ah, yes, I can't say I've been back to America in a long time. Very little there for me nowadays," Jake would reply easily to the comment on his home country. Of course, there was the visits to Carmel over a year or so ago, but those had stopped and Jake didn't have any inclination of heading back to the States any time soon.

As the question turned to what he'd been told about this meeting, though, Jake looked slightly sheepish. "Honestly? Very little." The man replied. "I'm not sure as to whether she wished to not spoil the surprise that's coming, or whether that was my lack of foresight, but the Minister's wife asked me to be somewhere, and I didn't wish to upset either one of them. So, here we are." Jake explained, hoping that his tone wouldn't cause offence.

"You get the excitement of the full tale." Jake finalised, letting out a small laugh to punctuate the joke to soften the blow of his earlier explanation.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)   Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2019 2:49 pm

“You mind? Just like I told ole Adelaide, I had a gal from magical maintenance fix the office real good. Can’t go nowhere but out,”. He’d ask pulling a cigar from his breast pocket and an old brass lighter. “I could tempt ya if interested?” He would say showing another. Regardless he would continue.

“Not much of a tale, but maybe I can spin a yarn that’ll make the whole thing more interestin.” Bo would say with a laugh. He would recount his last field assignment in Greece. Even handing Jake the scratchy written official report. The story would have enough facts and gusto behind it that no one could doubt that it had happened, though it was clear from Bo’s speech that he never caught less than a ten pound fish either. Alexio’s name mentioned many times through detailing the Greek aurora abilities, quick thinking, and his intuition.

“Anywho, I looked this horse in the mouth and then chompers are clean as pearls, and I want them decorating this stable. He’s interested in coming over, working with me. I ain’t allowed much, an that’s ok. I don’t need much to get a job done, but it’d be a whole lot less shovelin with someone like that next to me.” Bo would say leaning forward. Clearly expressing this was the core of the meeting. “Adelaide said I should talk to you. See if we can’t buy our boy up and bring him over here to work for us. I’d be mighty obliged for whatever you can do. An, it’s make the streets safer for the kiddos as well.” He’d finish the last sentence with a wink.

There was more than one reason he wanted Alexio over here, playing him close. No doubt he was talented, not a single part of all that was a lie or fabrication, but it was his political motives that made him a sure in.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)   Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Jake would wave away the question of whether he minded the man having a smoke. Truthfully, he did, but this was Bo's office, and Jake would endure the smell of tobacco smoke for the meeting, before quickly nullifying the effects with his wand upon leaving the room. Similarly, the offer to take a cigar for himself would be waved away with a polite 'no thank you' before he the conversation would continue.

The tale started shortly after, and Jake listened intently, translating Bo's Southern speak in his head to something much more manageable as he listened. The file was offered, and Jake flicked it open, perusing the information that was being spoken of but mostly taking in the statistics of the operation more than most things.

Except as his eyes fell upon the fact the two men who had been on assignment had brought in a young witch to the troubles. Bo's story seemed to miss that part out, but Jake, as a father, noted this with a little bit of concern.

The Auror listened without interrupting the man throughout all of this, though at the mention of 'kiddos' being safer, Jake would have to disagree.

"This report notes that you brought a child in to the fire fight." Jake pointed out, passing the file back to Bo with the part of the report open for his fellow American to read. "I appreciate that there are sometimes mistakes, people are in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I feel slightly uneasy you would claim to be keeping people safe when you could have gotten a young witch badly injured."

The Auror paused at this point, before continuing. "It would be unfair of me to decline your proposal on that point, though, as a teenager I got caught up in a lot of things I truly wish I hadn't. It's a part of life, but we'll not use that reason as a pretence for bringing your friend across."

Again, Jake would pause. The Auror was not a bargaining man, he didn't want anything past his children's safety and happiness -- all three of them -- and a Grecian wizard was unlikely to bring him any gain in that respect. But, if he did help, it would give him an I-Owe-You.

"Do you want him here with you? Or in the Auror division?" Jake asked, trying to get clarification because even with his best guess at Bo's true meaning of his words, Jake wasn't convinced. Joys of Southern folk, they weren't always the easiest to understand.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)   Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 6:49 pm

“Well on that we may have to disagree.” Bo would say sitting up in his chair slightly. Chewing on the end of the cigar he removed it from his mouth and sat it in the ash tray. “Yea that kid got involved in a tussle, unfortunate to say the least, no one regrets more than me. She came out all right, And my Mark was taken too. The largest distributor of sniff snuff in Europe. Or maybe I should have called it a day when she sat down, let him go, free to sell to a fair few hundred more kids and even more adults before I caught him up again. Maybe couple of them died from use.” Bo would say staring at the auror.

He couldn’t help but wonder what kind of field work He did. How he was when the shit hit the fan, and unexpected situations came into the field. As he pondered this he sat back. “I ain’t fixin to hitch our post on this topic though. Agreed unfortunate circumstances.” Bo would say dropping the subject entirely. He felt it’d be best to stay on target, and getting sidelined by differin opinions would do neither any good.

“I want him here with me. He’d be transitionin from auror there to mine here.” Bo would say making sure he was being clear. “I’m allowed not much of a staff, and that’s alright, I don’t need usually, but this would the kind of asset you can’t just sit on yer hands fer.” In fact Bo’s department made up almost no one. A couple field agents, an interim, and one clerk for sending out pamphlets and education to the greater world. Having a half way decent second would improve the entire department. “I just need the support to get an asset.” He would mean back and replace the cigar. “Everybody wins, cept maybe Greece, but we gotta look out for ourselves to, his talents are wasted there.”
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)   Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 2:15 pm

The agreement to disagree was one that Jake simply replied with a nod. Situations were difficult when you were apprehending big names around minors, you had to make the right decisions, which wasn't always that easy. No one had gotten hurt, this time, though, so Jake had to concede that Bo had -- somewhat unorthodox -- apprehended the man he had needed to.

Of course, the man would go on to defend himself, giving Jake an intense stare in the process that did little to move the older man's opinion on the matter, but he knew what the other was trying, and Jake didn't shirk away from the look.

Whoever this Auror was, though, apparently he was good at what he did. An asset in this Ministry, instead of another, at a time of uncertainty across the world, was very much a welcome idea. Nodding to show that he understood the statement, Jake would reply with his own query. "So, I just foster my support out to your department, you don't need anything else?" He would ask, yes he had some sway in his own department, with the best part of ten years under his belt he was quite the senior Auror in the department. He didn't want to be burdened with anything more though, Jake wasn't in to the politics of the departments, and didn't want to get himself in to any mess that he didn't need to.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)   Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 pm

“I recon that’ll do it partner.” Bo would say leaning back in his chair. In truth, he wasn’t to keen on making anyone bedfellows outside maybe that cute little thing in HR, yet one needed what they needed, and a man did what a man had to do. “You won’t regret it, I don’t make a habit o askin fer to much, and if this wasn’t an opportunity like first place in a fair I wouldn’t be doin so now.” Reading Jakes body language and giving that he had asked what he really needed he hoped that this meant they were on the right track.

Unless Jake has any further questions or concerns Bo could sense the meeting coming to a natural conclusion. Standing he’d shake the man’s hand once again with a firm shake. “Don’t make yerself a stranger Jake. Works work, but come by the farm sometime and ye can blow off some steam. Real Kentucky bourbon, some nature, and maybe a couple bullets to get some relaxin.” He would offer up with a laugh. Gathering up some documents he’d vanish them away back to his home outside of London. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I got one more meetin today till I can dip my pole in the water.” With that he’d offer and walk with Jake out of the office magically locking it behind him, and make his way to HR.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)   Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 7:13 pm

Nodding to once again show his understanding, Jake relented to the idea. "Okay, I will show my support, and suggest others support the motion to move the man over too. But, if anything goes south with him, he's your problem, not mine." Jake finalised, before letting out a soft laugh to show that the notion was of the kind hearted notion, nothing truthfully meant by it in the long run.

The offer to head out to Bo's farm -- which was something Jake was vaguely aware of at best -- to shoot some things was one that wasn't necessary. Free time was for his children, not for heading off to the States to blow off some steam. Not to mention, unlike most Americans, Jake was not overly fond of shooting things for a little bit of stress relief. "Thank you," Jake said out loud, though, it would be impolite to say no outright, after all.

As both of them left the office, Jake bid Bo a fairwell before turning off in the opposite direction than the other man. Back to the day's work, with the understanding he had to support the move of a Grecian to this land.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)   Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Buying a friend (Jake/Goshawk)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2