Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
From France, with love (Elenore) Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
From France, with love (Elenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
From France, with love (Elenore) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
From France, with love (Elenore) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
From France, with love (Elenore) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

From France, with love (Elenore)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

From France, with love (Elenore) Empty
PostSubject: From France, with love (Elenore)   From France, with love (Elenore) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 3:10 pm

September, 2025

Mon enfant chéri,

It all happened so quickly, though I suppose at my age, everything happens far too quickly and without my consideration. But you are no longer gone and the palace seems darker than before. Without you, no one brightens my withdrawing room daily, no one makes me feel as if I continue to live and breathe. Your Maman sometimes passes the doors, probably to check if I still remain at my post, but other than that, I am all alone without you, my love.

The Maesters say I should go down, that it would do my health good to take an interest in the goings on of the palace. How do I tell them I cannot bring myself to partake in the merriment around this palace of ours? Where my life has grown dark and lonely without your embrace, others have simply made your absence unseen. Oh there was a day of silence for formality's sake, than your dear brother brought in that American child and the place was in an uproar as usual. The noise does not beckon your old Grandmere, my darling. I would rather live in the dark with your memories than out in the sun with that heinous display.

I hope you have settled well in the Americas. And that you look to your shining future there. Remember how much I love you, and am only a quill and bird away.

All my love.

Grandmere

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: From France, with love (Elenore)   From France, with love (Elenore) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 3:22 pm

December, 2025

Mon enfant chéri,

They told me yesterday that you would not be returning to Versailles for Christmas, and the news was like a knife pushed into my heart. Oh how I miss you, my darling Elenore. I almost broke down when your Maman found time to deliver the news herself and despite her trying to cheer me up, I could not be consoled. She insisted that it was not an issue of importance, that you were merely busy but it was all for naught. She may not take the news to heart but what of I who love and adore you? Christmas to your Grandmere has always been the sound of your piano and the peals of your laughter.

the annual Christmas ball preparations are in full swing. This year they intend to keep the American child with them to fill the spot that was meant for you on the palace balcony. I too will be forced to go out for the day, to show the masses that the Late Lord Clement's wife still draws breath but it is a farce, my child. You are old enough now to know this and I am too old to keep it from you. I have always tried to protect you within the confines of my withdrawing room, ever since you were a baby.

But you are a beautiful young woman know, one who understand the world we live in. And I am glad - despite how much my heart years for you - that you are now free. Free to pursue your dreams and live your life as I once was. Remember child, it takes a great deal of bravery to fly, but it takes a lot more courage to stay in the air. Have courage, dear one, don't let uncertainty and doubt bring you back to where you must never return.

All my love.

Grandmere

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: From France, with love (Elenore)   From France, with love (Elenore) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 3:31 pm

February, 2026

Mon enfant chéri,

Your nineteenth name day passed a few weeks ago and I found myself in tears over your old embroidery. Remember how proud you used to be of your work and how you always shewed it to me because your Maman never had time? I have kept them all safe, just like I keep the memories of you safe in my heart.

The palace is full of the distasteful scent of dahlias everywhere, the Maesters have no care for my allergies in the least. Her Ladyship has commanded dahlias so dahlias it shall be. In my team after we reached a certain age, the pretenses stopped, but then again your parents have always emulated a c pair much younger and far more modern... I suppose the American influence had to seep in eventually.

I miss you, my sweetest nightingale, but more than that I miss talking about you. No one in the palace can bear to hear your name and all the servants have been told to not spake of you. Sometimes I find myself talking to the looking glass, reminiscence the good old days when you sat by my chair and rested your head on my knee, telling me anything and everything.

How I long for those days again. I hope you are happy, my darling one. Happier than you could ever have been here.

All my love.

Grandmere

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: From France, with love (Elenore)   From France, with love (Elenore) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 3:39 pm

May, 2026

Mon enfant chéri,

It is the dark hours before dawn and once again I am unable to find sleep. So I take a quill and write to the only person I can ever speak to. You my darling, make me so proud. So far away from all that you know yet resilient in making a new life for yourself, a better life. I wish i had your courage but sadly I am doomed to die where I lived. Not you though, you, my dearest Elenore, deserve the world.

I hope your stay in the Americans has brought you happiness. Remember my dear, it helps to put down roots. Make friends, engage in projects, create ties to your new home until it becomes your new home. You are so brave, you possess more courage than I ever would have in my lifetime. But courage does not mean the absence of fear, it simply means making the judgement that some things are more important than fear.

These days, I only hold on to life by a thin sliver, waiting for the news that you have found someone who loves you as much as your Grandmere does. Once that happens, I can depart from this world in peace knowing my most precious one will be safe and loved.

All my love.

Grandmere

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: From France, with love (Elenore)   From France, with love (Elenore) EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 3:49 pm

July, 2026

Mon enfant chéri,

I never knew how much my heart would ache upon missing you until today. The orangeries were full of people and yet all I could see was the empty space where you should have been. Everyone here has become far to proficient at pretending you don't exist, your Maman and Papa showing off that insolent child in place of my beautiful granddaughter and your brother dancing his way through dozens of young ladies in a display my own Grandmere would have described as nothing short of gluttonous.

But I can never forget you, my cherished child. How could I forget the baby I held in my arms, only hours old and crying because her mother refused to nurse her? I held you, I loved you and I named you. You were my child before you were the Lady Clement's, and I hope you will allow me the privilege of the claim. My eyes yearn to see you again but then this old heart reminds itself to not be selfish. You do not belong hear in the shadows. You belong out there, shining like the sun in the skies. I wish you the very best in the world.

Remember what I said, my darling. About making friends and putting down roots. If you have nothing that physically and emotionally invests you to the Americas, the temptation to return will prevail. And I will not let you succumb to such vile notions. You deserve better than the meager offerings of this palace.

You deserve better.

All my love.

Grandmere

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From France, with love (Elenore)   From France, with love (Elenore) Empty

Back to top Go down

From France, with love (Elenore)
Page 1 of 1