Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
What the Future Holds (Jari) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
What the Future Holds (Jari) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
What the Future Holds (Jari) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
What the Future Holds (Jari) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
What the Future Holds (Jari) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

What the Future Holds (Jari)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

What the Future Holds (Jari) Empty
PostSubject: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:40 pm

With Marilyn gaining her respect in the Auror field, it came as no surprise to Jake that Louis would call her out on missions sooner rather than later. It had been sudden, neither of them had much notice, but when Marilyn had told him, he'd nodded slowly at her words, and simply told her to go careful and to come home to him safely.

It was only an overnight mission, she'd explained, but everything else would have to wait until she got back.

Jake understood, their job was dangerous and he knew better than to ask questions until she gave him the permission to do so. When she'd left, Jake had moved to the kitchen to feed Jagger (they'd reconciled since Jake's drunken escapade with a run around Hyde Park and a thoroughly exhausting tug of war match that Jagger had won), trying to keep some normality going before he went to lie down on their bed.

Jake had watched the TV for a while before settling in to the pillows to sleep. And somewhere in the night, Jagger had jumped on to the bed with him, led against Jake's back in an oddly comforting manner.

The next day had come slowly, no one had had contact with Louis and his team of Aurors and Jake wasn't sure if that was supposed to be reassuring or not. When he left at five, there was still no word. Apparating home, Jake took Jagger for a quick run around the block, being out for only half an hour before he came in. After a quick shower to get rid of the sweat, Jake had run a bath for Marilyn, with lots and lots of bubbles and candles around the side, a heating charm in place so it never got cold.

Then Jake moved to the kitchen, preparing Marilyn's favourite meal, steak (served rare) with garlic butter, and chips. A glance at the clock told him that it was gone six o'clock and after laying the table immaculately Jake had taken to pacing. He didn't like her being away, didn't like it at all, but he knew that the best way to show her that, was to give her the best welcome home he could think of after a long day of work.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
What the Future Holds (Jari) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:33 am

Mari knew that her invention had left a definite mark in the Auror field, a mark Louis supported heartily by putting her forward in field work and missions. All of this was wonderful, her career was truly taking off and that was what she wanted. But the thing she didnt like was being away from Jake overnight, something they hadn't done since moving in together. The witch spent her night staked outside of an old factory in Scotland where some wizards had been producing hexed and jinxed artifacts to sell illegally. The fight that had ensued took all morning and by tje time it was done she was ready to head straight home.

Not risking the apparation the witch floo-ed to the ministry where she gave her oral report before flooing home, comforted by the familiar room she saw as she came through the green flames.

"Jake?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:44 am

Jake had probably paced the floor a good dozen times before the sound of the fire opening the Floo network sounded. His lips tugged up in to a smile, relief flooding through his system as Marilyn called out to him. "In the kitchen,Mari." Jake called back, levitating some water to the table last minute.

As the witch entered the room, Jake opened his arms for her and it wasn't long before she was in them, tightly embraced to him. "I've missed you so much." Jake whispered, kissing her forehead as they stood together quietly for a moment. He didn't know about Marilyn, but having her home was a relief, yes she was capable, she was very capable, but Jake would always worry when she was on missions.

"I made you your favourite dinner, you like your steak rare, right?" Jake asked, motioning to the table. "And there's a nice warm bubble bath waiting for you when you finish with dinner, too."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:29 am

"I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you, too..." Mari melted in his embrace, pressing her face against his chest and letting the minty aroma surround her, pervading every sense to ground herself. She was home. Safe. Happy.

The kiss to her forehead brought a smile to her face, leaning up to kiss him, softly at first, then more passionately, especially when he told her he had her favorite dinner and a hot bath prepared.

"Oh God, I love you," she kissed him again and nodded confirmation.

After dinner, which was amazing, the two went to the bathroom where they were soon cuddled in their large bathtub. Mari settled between Jake's legs, back against his chest and her curls slicked back out of her face.

"I could stay like this forever..." Mari murmured, closing her eyes and turning her head slightly to kiss the hollow of his throat. The witch smiled to herself as she enjoyed feeling her boyfriend so close.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:35 pm

The two of them had stayed happily in one another's arms for some time, Jake kissing her gently until they moved to eat. It was delicious too, even if he said so himself and from the way Marilyn seemed to be smiling softly. He'd known without making her dinner that Marilyn loved him, but Jake simply smiled as she reassured him in that moment.

After they'd finished up dinner, Jake flicked his wand and the table cleared itself. He followed her to the bathroom, motioning that she could have some time alone, but she'd asked him to stay. He'd obliged her wishes like he always did, and once they were settled in the bath, Jake held her close, kissing her shoulders and then massaging her back and shoulders gently. Anything to relax her, he did and he didn't mind one bit.

"I could stay like this forever..."

"Forever?" Jake mused as she kissed his neck, his arms moving back around his girlfriend and holding her close. Forever was a very long time, forever had a lot of possibilities and Jake knew he was jumping to conclusions much too quickly about everything. "There's a lot of possibilities in forever..." Jake prompted her as he kissed her shoulder softly, waiting to see what she said in response to that.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:05 pm

"Forever?"

"Mhm, and ever," The witch sighed contently, smiling when he held her closer and bringing her hands up over his lovingly, not thinking of any implications her words could have. The woman was just tired and happy to be safe in her lover's arms.

"There's a lot of possibilities in forever..."

"Mhmhmm," Mari murmured, still not quite catching his drift. It wasn't like she'd never thought about it, but she simplified it to: if she spent the rest of her life like this with Jake she'd be happy with that. Keeping it simple reduced the risk of rejection, risk of getting hurt. And as much as she trusted Jake she didn't yet trust herself to read cues properly at all.

"Well, if there weren't many possibilities it would be a pretty boring forever, don't you think?" she teased lightly, kissing his cheek with a smile, "Why?"

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Jake simply smiled as she confirmed that it would be 'forever and ever', he wasn't quite sure that she realised what she was saying. Or maybe she did and it was just him being a little hesitant to just go with it. Promises were difficult at the best of times, but more so with such things being said between them.

Though, Jake couldn't deny he'd found himself thinking about it as she got dressed in the mornings. How he could get used to seeing that everymorning.

When she mentioned life being boring forever without possibilities, he was no longer sure if Marilyn was teasing him now. But Jake simply pressed a light kiss to her shoulder and made a soft sound of agreement with her. Sometimes he wanted boring, but then sometimes he wanted a life full of excitement too. It was difficult to get the right balance though.

"Why?"

"Well..." Jake paused, deciding that perhaps it was a good time to talk about these things. Their first anniversary was coming up soon, so they were going steady enough. "You know we've been dating almost for a year?" Jake asked, pressing more kisses to her shoulder and neck. "And it's been great, and I'm loving every moment." He continued, his hands linking with hers as he held her.

"Have you... have you thought about our future..?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:40 pm

"You know we've been dating almost for a year?" Jake asked, pressing more kisses to her shoulder and neck. "And it's been great, and I'm loving every moment."

"Mhm?" Mari hummed in question, wondering what he was getting at as he kissed her shoulder gently. True, they were nearing their first anniversary, and it was huge really. To think of how far they'd come, how close they were. They were best friends at the heart of it, and more. Which was pretty much perfect as far as those things went, people always say 'Marry your best friend' after all, there's reasoning behind that, Mari figured. She'd be lying if she said she hadn't thought of it.

They'd moved in together, they were in love. In a serious relationships. There's only two options in that kind of situation; stay together forever, or not. And she wanted forever. And, of the two, she'd fancy to think he'd choose forever, too.

"Have you... have you thought about our future..?"

"Well," she with began, "I'd rather like to have a second anniversary. I suppose I want as many as you want to give me, honestly." Mari raised their hands and kissed his knuckles, "Have you?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:53 pm

"I'd rather like to have a second anniversary. I suppose I want as many as you want to give me, honestly."

Jake rolled his eyes affectionately at her words, enjoying the softness of her lips against his knuckles only a brief moment later. He loved the way she was with him, so loving, caring and soft. Much like he was with her. And her answer, despite not being quite what he'd been expecting her to say did give him some clue as to what she wanted in the future.

That she wanted a future with him was all he really needed to know, but he wanted everything else to be a certainty.

And her question about what he'd thought about made his lips pause against her skin for a brief moment. "Umm..." He started, straightening up slightly. "Well, I have, and I haven't..." Jake explained, he was a little nervous, because he wasn't sure how Marilyn would be with this kind of stuff, and he didn't want to scare her.

"I know that... one day I would like to get married..." He explained, pausing again because the next thing... the next thing he'd been told he couldn't have once, and it was a little scary for him to go through that again, but he wanted to be honest, and know now if he couldn't have it. "I would also... like children in the future.

"And I would love to do both things... both of them with you. If... you want to."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 5:15 pm

"Well, I have, and I haven't..."

...? Mari's face scrunched slightly in confusuion although the wizard couldn't see it due to their position. Luckily the confusion was soon cleared as he continued on, saying he would, one day, like to get married, and have children. The witch nodded gently to show she was listening, softly playingwith his fingers in thought as she let the information process.

"And I would love to do both things... both of them with you. If... you want to."

Oh! Mari was ripped from her thoughts and her fingers froze on his momentarily. Movement returned with a shy smile on her face as she turned in the bath to straddle him, cupping his face gently to kiss him sweetly.

He wanted to marry her someday, have kids with her someday...oh, oh, oh... Marilyn felt warmth surge in her chest at the thought. "Two kids, two's a good number." She murmured, "And Victoria would be good at helping with a wedding, someday." She kissed him again, sighing into his mouth as she relaxed in the new position.

"What i'm trying to say is...I'd like those things, with you, too." She whispered against his lips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the Future Holds (Jari)   What the Future Holds (Jari) Empty

Back to top Go down

What the Future Holds (Jari)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next