Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 7:40 pm

It was another night that Zander worked late meaning he didn't get to see Victoria under the morning as they planned to grab breakfast together before class. He was exhausted and he really wanted to see his girlfriend but it was well after midnight and he knew that she would be sleeping so he'd just be a man and wait. It had been around a month since he had asked her out but it was the best month thus far of his life.

The soft squeak was one that made him stop and as he turned her could see a small box with a kitten in it. The box sat on the door step of an old abandoned shop and there was only one kitten there. No other kittens or cats. Immediately Zander scooped up the little guy whose eyes were still closed and placed him in the front pocket of his hoodie, trying to keep him, or her since he didn't know the gender, warm.

The December wind was harsh and even more so now that that sun had long since gone down and the man just couldn't bare to know he had left a defenseless newborn kitten exposed to the elements and prey. On the way back to the Uni, he stopped at an all night market and bought some kitten replacement milk and an animal bottle so he could feed the poor kitten and mother it.

However, the man was still scared and distraught and several minutes later he found himself knocking on Victoria's door for help. The man refused to take it to the shelter, if anything he'd insist one of them keep it and nurse it, or they could take turns.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:53 pm

It had been a busy day for Victoria - not that any day was less than chaotic in the witch's world - she'd had classes from early in the morning through to quite late in the afternoon. This meant she hadn't had time to see Zander yet that day, but she knew that her boyfriend would understand. Even thinking of the word boyfriend made Victoria's smile grow a little in that moment.

After her lessons she'd rushed home, quickly eaten a meal she'd prepared the night before knowing she'd have a busy day, changed and gone straight back out to her dance class. They had been doing hip hop that evening - Victoria attended all styles of dance, enjoying each of them equally, especially with the different outfits. Tonight's was a much more of a comfortable outfit which she enjoyed much more with her tiredness that evening.

Upon returning, Victoria had showered, and changed in to something even more comfortable. The witch had been led on her bed, going through her books for her test the next day, barely able to keep her eyes open but too reluctant to sleep.

Or, perhaps she had, because the next thing Victoria knew, the door was being knocked.

Eyes flashing open - okay, she'd definitely dozed off - Victoria moved towards the front door, standing up on tiptoes to see through the peephole. Seeing Zander brought a smile to the witch's lips in an instant. Opening the door, Victoria grinned up at her boyfriend. "Hi!" She greeted him happily, then, realising the time, Victoria sobered up. "What's wrong?" Victoria asked, her eyes quickly assessing her boyfriend for any harm that may have been caused to him.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:13 pm

When she opened the door, he smiled a little at her sight. It was always nice to see her, no matter how late. However he remembered his dilemna and then he remembered the time. He had already been feeling distraught and now he was even more so. "Victoria, I woke you up," he said at the sudden realisation, "I'm so sorry." He instantly felt bad and decided this meeting could wait til morning.

As he started to turn around and let her go back to sleep, his feet held him there. He couldn't just leave her, not after waking her up. It was bad enough she was already worrying that he was okay. A frown in her direction, he reached into the front pocket of his hoodie where the soft squeaking had finally settled down. Pulling out the newborn abandoned kitten, it started squeaking again as it's head moved around. No doubt probably looking for warmth or food or even it's mother and siblings.

"The kitten," he whispered, "it's eyes aren't even open and it was abandoned, in a box outside." His eyes were sad as he spoke and cupped the creature in his hands trying to keep it warm. "It's eyes aren't even open yet," Zander's own eyes stung but he blinked back the tears, refusing to cry in front of Victoria because men didn't cry. "I bought kitten milk and a bottle, we just can't take it to the shelter."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:21 pm

The apology Victoria waved away in an instant, she was no stranger to people waking her up at random hours, that was the joy of being Head Girl at Hogwarts. Not that she minded, of course, Victoria was always happy to help people. But, seeing Zander turn, Victoria called out. "Please, don't go, it's okay, sleep can wait!" She told the man before her, really not worrying about it.

But when he turned back with a tiny ball of fluff in his hands, Victoria's hand went to her mouth as she gasped. Animals - especially of the cute variety (Victoria's version of cute was different to others, so don't think it meant just the cute and fluffy ones!) - were a weakness to her.

And as Zander explained the predicament, Victoria walked around him and pushed him gently in to her apartment. She was not letting him leave now. Closing the door behind him, Victoria hurried in to her room and took the blanket throw from her bed and hurried back to Zander, passing him the blanket. "Wrap him... or her, up, they're probably froze!" Victoria insisted, worry touching her features. Noting the bag of supplies, Victoria quickly took them, getting the milk poured in to the bottle.

"You know you don't have to worry about keeping me up, I'm quite good on little sleep. I mean, I took every class available for N.E.W.T. level, I barely slept last year because I had so much studying to do! Midnight is an early bedtime in comparison!" Victoria told her boyfriend, bringing the bottle of milk to him and handing it over.

"Where did you find him?" Victoria asked, looking down at the kitten lovingly, wondering who could possibly wish to leave him out in the cold.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Listening to her call out to him honestly made him feel worse but her face was priceless upon seeing the fluffy little kitten he held in his hands. He knew that Victoria loved animals, in fact it was one of the things they shared in common and it was equally both of their weaknesses. He felt like it was something he thought quite often, but seeing Victoria there in her pajamas with her hand over her mouth was adorable.

Suddenly, he felt hands on his back and felt Victoria gently pushing him into her room - in the middle of the night. Sure Zander wasn't like most boys in the case that he only wanted one thing but his mind drifted briefly to that one thing at the thought of being in her room this late and she only wearing pajamas. However, he shook that thought away because he was better than that and he respected Victoria and they would wait because she wanted to. When he snapped out of his thoughts, he could feel her thrusting a blanket into his arms as she insisted that he wrap the kitten up.

Zander did as she said and when she handed him the bottle, he fed it to the kitten, watching closely to make sure it didn't choke or drink too fast. The kitten took to the bottle quickly and was not willing to slow down but Zander wasn't heartless enough to pull it away so the kitten didn't drink too much too fast. The poor ting was starving. "But you need your sleep sweetheart," the man told her, his eyes looking up to connect with hers for a moment.

"In front of an old abandoned building on my walk home from work," he told her a bit thankful that he chose to walk and not apparate.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 8:00 pm

"I'm fine, Zander!" Victoria told her boyfriend, reaching up on tip toes to place a kiss on his cheek. "You worry too much!" She added, because he did - even if she secretly loved how much he cared for her, Victoria was capable of looking after herself.

When Zander explained how he'd found the kitten, Victoria pulled out a chair for him to sit on from her desk, she took up the pink beanbag just beside the desk, looking up at the man and the kitten with mixed emotions. She was proud of Zander, and horrified at the thought someone leaving such a small kitten to... Well, the outcome was so horrible that Victoria simply couldn't deal with it.

"I'm so glad you found him. The poor thing..." Victoria told him, truly meaning it. "And, I agree, we can't let him go to a shelter..." The witch paused, obviously thinking for a moment. "But, he could stay here, there's nothing in my accommodation that says I can't have a pet. And then you could see him!" Victoria suggested, more than happy to look after the kitten.

"Though, I think before that, we'll have to give him a name, the little fella needs one!" Victoria insisted, looking to Zander for ideas.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 4:37 pm

At the feeling of Victoria's lips on his cheek, he felt his face turning a bright red. "I just worry about you," he admitted, knowing he shouldn't worry too much about her because she could handle things on her own.

Gratefully, he took a seat in the chair she'd provided for him watching as she took a seat in her beanbag. He checked the kitten once more to make sure the kitten was wrapped up and wasn't choking on the milk. He could see in her face that she felt bad for the kitten, as did he. "Did you want to take turns feeding him?" He motioned down to the eating kitten.

"So am I," he said with sad eyes. He didn't want to think of the outcomes that came with not having found the kitten. He was glad to hear Victoria agree with him about not taking the kitten to a shelter. "That sounds like a great plan," he smiled at the girl.

"Agreed, but I think we should also find out if he is a he or possibly a she," Zander said, lifting the kitten up to try to tell before wrapping him back up and placing the bottle back in it's mouth.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 5:19 pm

The offer of feeding the kitten made Victoria shake her head. "Let's not disturb him whilst he's eating." She insisted, because the hunger from the kitten was heartbreaking and she didn't want to come between him and his food just because she wanted a cuddle. Victoria could wait, it was only fair.

The comment on finding out made Victoria move forward a little bit as Zander picked him up to check. It was obvious enough a moment later. "He's definitely a he!" Victoria summarised, giving Zander a smile. "Two boys in my life now!" She joked softly, trying to think of a suitable name for the kitten before them.

"What about Oscar? Or Felix..? Or... Lucky? No, that's a dog's name..." The witch trailed off, not sure what else to suggest in that moment. She'd never had to name a pet before, so this wasn't easy for her to work out.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Zander nodded, understandably. He didn't exactly want to disturb the kitten and cause him any distress, especially since they didn't know how long he'd been abandoned. He looked around a bit, never having actually been in Victoria's room before. He smiled a little as it was much better looking than his. The walls were the same colour but it was decorated very nicely. He could see pictures and personalisations she did to make it hers and he liked that.

Zander chuckled at her, "Two boys indeed." He was actually quite glad that they got it figured out that the kitten was a boy because it felt much better calling it a he as opposed to an it. He looked down at the tiny gray kitten and smiled. It was so adorable and he noticed that as it ate, it's little front paws kneaded on the blanket.

"I remember reading about a Hindu warrior named Bali," Zander told the girl, "maybe that could be a suitable name because of the kitten obvious survival skills." He smiled to her then back down to the kitten. "Or maybe Juno."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 8:23 pm

The options that Victoria was given by her boyfriend made her pause for a moment, considering the merits of each. It took a short while, but eventually the witch decided. "I like Bali the most." Victoria told Zander with a smile. "It's unusual, and the background fits our little man." She explained, glad to have chosen a name for him.

"How much are they supposed to eat?" Victoria asked after that, her eyebrows knit in concentration as she looked to the man before them. "We'll have to keep him warm, and act like his mother... I think I can put some spells on a box to keep him warm enough, and I have plenty of blankets to keep him comfortable..."

Getting up, Victoria moved off, managing to find a storage box she'd brought with her, and then a couple of blankets. It would be enough until they had time to go shopping. Running through the spells in her head, Victoria cast a spell to keep the blankets warm enough for the young kitten. And then an idea struck her. "Don't newborns like the sound of their mom's heartbeat..?" She asked out loud, already moving across the room to the small, old fashioned alarm clock she had that ticked gently.

Checking the alarm was off, Victoria hid it under the blankets as a makeshift 'heartbeat' something she'd heard people doing so often. Turning back to Zander, Victoria looked to him hopefully. "Do you think this will be enough?" She asked uncertainly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)   Saving the Defenseless (Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Saving the Defenseless (Victoria)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next