Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake)   Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Jake let out a soft chuckle at the witch's comment of her threat being a strong suggestion -- whatever might be the case, Jake had decided not to push the witch before him. It sounded like she wouldn't mind making an impression, but Jake couldn't say that he blamed her.

Which brought them on to Mackenzie's question, Jake couldn't help but feel slightly taken aback at the question. He'd never really thought of it that way, he'd believed, truly believed, that he was doing the right things in classes, making sure the students understood the dangers of the real world, and how to combat them.

But, now he'd been asked this question, he wasn't so sure.

"I guess... we just have to hope that what we're teaching sticks out in their minds at the right points..." Jake replied feebly, because he honestly didn't know. "Or, you know, shock them in to remembering their stuff. I normally put things in to something of a big practical lesson once a year, to really test the kids. But, I think they see it more as a test to get through school than me trying to make them think about defending themselves..."

Jake gave a small shrug, his eyes moving to his tea as he thought on the subject a little more. It was a deep one, but it was one he would ponder through a little longer before he dismissed it completely.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake)   Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Mackenzie nodded. She felt a small cloud flutter through the atmosphere, weighted down by the question she'd proposed. She hadn't meant to dampen the mood as much as she'd simply wanted to air out an idea that had jumped into her mind. She rather enjoyed Jake's response. It had been a fresh idea, as though he'd never thought about this before. But it was also wise enough to hint that he had. It was funny, how questions like this could resurface old ideas one had forgotten they'd had.

"I'd like to think so too," Mackenzie responded. "That the information will present itself back into their minds if they happen to need it. That is the hope, anyway."

She wondered if her sister would remember everything she'd been taught in school. If she'd know how to defend herself in a situation that called for it. She hoped so, but one could never truly be sure until the situation was presented in real time.

"Makes you think, though," She chuckled, hoping to lighten the mood from potential legacies and students being squished by hippogriffs. She took another sip of her tea, looking downwards into the cup for a moment and then back up to Jake.

"So," she smiled, choosing to change the direction of the conversation into something a bit more fun.
"Have you any plans for the Christmas holiday? My little sister will be staying with me for the holiday and I'm rather excited, as we don't often spend massive amounts of time together. According to Mum, Marly all but begged her to spend the holiday with me. Teenage rebellion, I assume; wishing to be anywhere but home for elongated periods of time."

She paused for a moment, deciding that she should probably turn the conversation away from herself in an attempt to not appear vain.

"Did the children ask for anything interesting?" she asked sincerely. She found it interesting, all of the different ideas that children could have regarding what they wanted for Christmas. She'd once asked for a pony. She had never received that pony.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake)   Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 2:24 pm

"I've been told the teenage years are the worst. Though, from what I see in class, the kids aren't that bad. I just... hope I will be as lucky with my own." Jake commented, wondering what kind of trials and tribulations he was going to have to go through when the time came.

The question of plans for the winter holidays made Jake shrug ever so slightly. "Christmas Day we will spend with my parents, and probably Christmas Eve and Boxing Day will end up being claimed. My mom is still so happy with her grandchildren she wants to enjoy the whole magical experience with them. Though, I suppose this year Adrienne will understand more of what is going on than she did last year. So, it will definitely be much more fun.

Being asked what his children wanted for Christmas made Jake pause for a moment. In all honesty... he didn't know the answer to that question at all. And, it probably showed as he floundered for a moment on the subject. It took a few moments, before Jake remembered Ivan's want of a chicken after they'd visited Lucy's farm. It had been a while ago, and he hadn't asked again, but that was an answer...

"Ivan wants a chicken. A live one." Jake explained, an amused smile on his face. "We have space for one, but Merlin knows that the boy would likely end up forgetting about it, and then I'd have to look for it. So... I'll have to think of something else for him. And, Adrienne doesn't really understand what Christmas is yet, so I'm not sure what she wants, but she'll be spoiled, I'm sure." Jake explained.

Not the best answer, no, but it was an answer at least.

Finishing up his drink, Jake sat awkwardly for a moment, before deciding to leave the conversation there. "Well, it was lovely to meet you, Mackenzie. I'll see you around the school." The man said, pausing once more before nodding and getting up. Discarding his cup by the sink for the house elves to deal with, Jake left the room without another word.

The conversation had left him with a lot to think about.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake)   Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting the New Professor (Mackenzie & Jake)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2