Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 4:16 am

Veronika had taught for five years, which was almost nothing in comparison to her teachers in her Hogwarts days, it made her feel young in that aspect. However, when she did teach something felt natural about just controlling a classroom. She, as always, worried about whether or not her students would like her. Fears and doubts plagued her mind: maybe she should have stayed in Beauxbatons, what if she wasn't half as good as her own Transfiguration professor? What if she just failed epically? It was then that she realized she was being ridiculous. Sighing she also realized she had roughly five more minutes until class would start pouring in. She felt odd meshing them all together, but she had good reason to. To her attention it was brought that there hadn't been a previous teacher. For her to just jump right into classes without a proper introduction felt rude and imposing.

She planned on introducing herself before introducing the curriculum, her teaching methods, and hoping for the best as students started to file in. Behind her on the bored was Professor Hollands written on the board. In her head she mentally categorized everything she wanted to address to her students and how she was going to explain class to them, this class would be easiest, others maybe not as much.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Today was a beautiful day. Why? Everyday was a beautiful day to Victoria. But, today was even more beautiful because she'd been woken up by her girlfriend trying to silently leave the room to go to her plants. Which, to most people would not have made it a beautiful day, but Victoria... well, Victoria was very taken with Allegra, and the oh so soft kiss she had received in compensation had not only made her head spin, but it had made her day beautiful.

Which meant that Victoria's smile was bigger today. Which said a lot, but Allegra had that affect on Victoria. Even thinking about the witch gave Victoria butterflies in her stomach, and a light pink tinge of colour in her cheeks.

Everything just seemed so dreamlike to Victoria.

However, wherever this was a dream or not, Victoria knew that she had to concentrate on class, so as she arrived at Transfiguration Class, she pushed those thoughts away and slipped in to the classroom, smiling warmly at the professor. "Good morning, professor!" Victoria greeted, moving to the front of the class and taking her usual seat. Pulling out her textbook, notebook and quill, Victoria waited for instructions to come her way.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Alexander had never been overly fond on attending classes, and thus normally stayed out of the way of them. He only turned up to classes when he received letters from home telling him that the school had been writing to them. He would then attend a couple of lessons to take the heat off and then slip back in to not attending.

The Headmaster never seemed happy, but Alexander wasn't overly fond of caring for school.

But, today was one of those days where his parents had caught up with him, so with little and less enthusiasm Alexander had made his way to Transfiguration. Opening the door he managed to keep in the groan at being here so early before he slipped in to a chair in the middle of the room. He didn't bother getting his book out, instead hoping that his one friend in this school would arrive.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 12:59 am

Chara was not in a good mood. She had a headache, and wanted nothing more than to lie in and skip classes, but of course she couldn't. A report to her parents for playing truant - or any rumours of her doing as such - would not be good for either her, or her family name. It was another thing altogether for a male to do so, but as a female, she was expected to be on her best behaviour, at all times.

Forcing a polite smile on her face, she entered class, holding in a sigh. Luckily there weren't too many lessons today, and that meant after lunch, she was free to go back to her room and sleep. But she knew she wouldn't do that - homework came first. Noticing that Alexander was already there, along with the Head Girl, her smile became slightly more real. While she didn't really know Victoria, the Slytherin there was actually a friend, and so she moved to the same row as he was, gently taking a seat next to him. "Morning, Professor," she said politely, getting pleasantries out of the way, before turning to the boy next to her. "Hello, Alexander," she greeted, tone friendly more so than the forced politeness it was before, taking out her books and writing stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 10:32 pm

Transfiguration was rather early in the morning and Naomi yawned as she walked through the corridors. She had been up late into the night doing research for her and Finley's project. Wanting a quiet entrance, she entered the classroom on the heels of an older girl, slipping in unobtrusively behind her. She was a little nervous when she realized that everyone in the room was at least a few years older than her and went to go sit in a desk at the far side of the front row. "Good morning Professor," she greeted in her customary quiet voice.

Unsure what to do until class started, Naomi pulled out her Transfiguration text and began flipping through the pages, trying to read up a little on the lessons they'd spent sans teacher. It was a bit dull and heavy reading to simply flip through, but she'd had worse, so she managed. She decided to work on pronunciation under her breath until either someone she knew (i.e. Finley) came in or class started.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 7:36 pm

When Finley had seen they had a new Transfiguration professor, he'd been so very excited. He knew, from research, that Transfiguration was supposed to be one of the key topics to move on to University with, and thus, he really wanted to study it. Hurrying through the corridors and staying out of everyone's way as best as he could, Finley slipped through the door.

Not late, good start.

With a small smile towards the professor - his voice seemed to have gone that morning as he opened his mouth and his words failed, causing the tips of his ears to go red - Finley checked the room for someone he knew. He was quite thankful then, that Naomi was here, because he knew her better than anyone else. Which, didn't say much, but it was something.

"H-hey." Finley greeted the witch as he took a seat beside her, pulling out his book and note paper before taking a seat. "D-do you have a s-spare pen? M-mine ran out." He asked, looking a little sheepish.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:13 pm

It was time to go to Transfiguration lesson. So that's why ahe walked towwrds that classroom. It wasn't really one of her best lessons but she managed usually to do everything what was needed. She hoped she won't be late for lesson. It won't be good example to younger students at all.

She soon walked into tge classroom and was glad when she realized that she wasn't late. "Hello, professor," she said with small smile one her face to professor. She looked around the classroom and wondered where she could sit now. She soon walked back at the classroom and took a seat. She took out from her back all necassary things now and then looked back at class at professor. She waited lesson to start and sighed. She was right now so bored and she wasn't sure what she should do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Veronika smiled politely at each of her students, welcoming them with a nod. Beauxbatons was so different. She can recall her first day of teaching, after eating a hearthy breakfast delivered to her to her sleeping quarters. She was shocked to see it just sitting there. She felt a small pang of hatred for the tray because it brought up more pangs of anger. Ivan greeted her the same way. She pushed the thoughts aside and ate the breakfast provided before dressing and heading to class, twenty minutes before class was to start. Only to walk into a class full of students already waiting with huge doe eyes. Not a single student was out of place. They greeted her with same in unison speech in French, and then a few of the older girls stayed standing while the others sat to tell her thank you for the lesson, before she even started teaching.

Needless to say, teaching at Beauxbatons was a lavish life style. It was dramatic for the most part too, there was always some girl out to get another for some reason. She can't recall the amount of drama she had to shuffle through before getting to her lesson.

However, Hogwarts wasn't to be like that at all. Hogwarts was realistic. Of course she'd eventually have to deal with Drama, but for now she was content to just teach. She smiled broadly at her students.

"Welcome to Transfiguration, I am Professor Hollands, and I've been teaching for a while now." She perched herself atop the desk, "this is a perfunctory meeting so I may at the very least introduce myself to you all, and express my gratitude that you've attend. In our next lessons, first and second years, third and fourth, and fifth through seventh years will attend lessons together." She smiled begningly.

"If you liked to ask me any questions, feel free to. This is just a meet and greet so you could all grow accostumed to me anyway."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 4:06 pm

No answer had come from Naomi in respect of a pen, but that was probably because the professor had started speaking not a moment later. Finley's eyes moved quickly to the professor, watching her as she spoke, sitting on top of her desk as she addressed them.

It didn't seem like this professor was formal like another teacher he could speak of, so Finley relaxed noticeably and listened to the witch without fear of being called upon to do something he couldn't or something similar.

When he found out they wouldn't be learning anything that day, Finley had mixed feelings. He was, of course, always keen to learn something new, but then he was also relieved that he wouldn't have to do something in front of a new professor that he would probably make a mess of. So when she asked if they had any questions, Finley raised his hand, a little nervous, but wanting to clarify something.

"P-professor?" Finley asked, standing up from his desk to speak because he'd been taught that it was normally quite polite. He was shaking a little bit, but that was nothing out of character for Finley. "My n-name is F-Finley." He explained, wanting to help her out with names. "And I... I w-wondered if all the c-classes will be p-practical next y-year?" The boy asked, looking to the witch hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Veronika smiled kindly at the Ravenclaw, Finley Allen if she was correct. She found his shyness endearing, as she was an abrasive sort of person herself and in not the best manner for the most part. She clasped her hands and prepared for any judgment from her students, but instead receiving the nervous stutter from Mr. Allen.

“A pleasure to meet you Finley," she replied cheerfully before counting, "they will be more practical I can assure you of that, I apologize if this class isn’t quite what you’re used to or more specifically, I’m sorry this lesson isn’t more what you’re accustomed to.” Veronika replied genuinely apologetic, “however, next year I do have an outline of what I plan to cover with all of my classes and I will impart this knowledge unto you.”

She stood then, letting out a small sigh, “I earnestly wanted to merely introduce myself to you all since I’m here and I plan to stay here as a professor for as long as the Headmaster deems fit, and if you have any questions please feel free to approach me. However, at the same time if you have any complaints feel free to tell Headmaster Jameson or if you want share them with me as well.”

“In the following lessons, for first and second years we will be working on understanding and mastering the art of reading and writing Transfiguration spells, as well as testing the bounds of your creativity in order for you all to be able to master craftiness in spell casting.” She explained before continuing.

“For my third and fourth years we’ll be working on the art and motions of casting properly, most advanced spells than the first and second years, and a final at the end of the year for fourth years to see your advancement as a Transfiguration student and to prepare you for the OWLs your fifth year.” She paused before turning towards the older students.

“For fifth and seventh years, I ask you pardon my inactivity this first lesson and ask you not underestimate me,” her eyes turned a shade cold as she stood with a more professional steel in her posture, “as for you fifth years taking OWLs for this class, I plan to prepare you by testing your knowledge and putting your abilities to work, for sixth years you’ll begin training for your NEWTs for your seventh year, and if you seventh years couldn’t already guess how your lessons will be structured I wonder how you plan to excel from Hogwarts.”

She took a pause to recompose herself as she softened once more giving them all a wane smile.

“In each of my lessons for all of my students, I also plan to explain how to apply these spells into real life jobs such as Dragon Training or Healing, even Potioneering and Auroring.” She finished, “I want you all to leave from my lessons, excluding this ones, with information and knowledge you can use out of Hogwarts. Thank you for attending this first one.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)    Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Transfiguration (ALL YEARS)
Page 1 of 1