Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) Empty
PostSubject: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 8:31 pm

**This is a note to anyone who follows Jake's story. Everything that has happened to this point is no longer valid to his story. The story between himself and Marilyn never happened, and to this point he has been single for two years. Please, do not ask questions on why this is so, just know that it is. Thank you.**

Summer had come around in leaps and bounds. Jake had finally finished his training to become an Auror, and moved in to the full ranks of the Auror squad. He still held his teaching position at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry but around that he was to be ready to called in to work at a moments notice.

Usually it was nine til five on the weekdays he wasn't teaching, but occasionally it was the weekends too.

Not that he minded, there was nothing to keep him at home any way. The flat he held in Scotland was the perfect bachelor pad in that respect. Ready for his brief encounters, and stocked with food in abundance. He'd grown used to the life, away from America and the mismatch of a past.

The summer though, the summer meant he could get away. True, it wasn't much fun on his own, but there were always things he could do to take his mind off of it. Such was the luxury of being a millionaire, after all.

Rome had been his chosen destination this year, mostly for the culture that he'd heard about so long ago when he was in elementary school. The Colosseum had been Jake's choice of attraction that afternoon in the Italian heat.

Taking a seat on one of the steps of the Collusseum, Jake stretched out, unaware that there was someone quite familiar here.

Jake's outfit

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:51 am

Ma bichette, (my little doe)
I have known you since you first came to Beauxbatons, and I have cared for you as a sister within the same duration that I have known you. I knew you when you and Ivan came to my Christmas party, and you held my first child when she was born. I love Liliene, and I am ecstatic I've entrusted you as the godmother. However, with the birth of my daughter came the death of her father and of my first husband.

When Ivan died we were both allowed to revel in our sad tragedies, together. As misery does love company. You've carried the cross of loneliness far longer than I have. As you know, in four months, I will be getting married to the man I feel is the greatest love I will ever experience. And with this gift of love, I want you too to experience the same feelings I have and I have attached a ticket to Rome with the pamphlets and guides of where to go, and a notebook along with a new quil. There is also your hotel information I've attached.

Ma bichette, trouver un novel amour.  
(( My little doe, find a new love ))

Sincerement,
Madame Souvielle

Madame Souvielle was a very amazing woman, who guided Veronika in times of need. Save for her and her best friend Beatrice, no one saw Veronika's truth. This gift was not without warrant as Veronika had helped Madame Souvielle find her own new love, and helped her to fall back into love. Now it was a gift returned.

The villa really that Veronika was staying in was swarming with attractive youths, she'd met Head Healers from America, secreted Rebellion leaders from Africa, and a Turkish philospher. Strange how wonderful the world seemed to be sometimes, but Veronika found herself just as equally interested as she did offputting. They were all rather braggy. Her poor Madame Souville, mentor really didn't know anything about Veronika. She felt no need to participate with humans so she put earphones into her ears and tied her hair back into a ponytail and set out to explore.

Her bangs fell out of the ponytail with other tendrils that framed her face, and her outfit pulled over her body. Save for the jacket which she'd stuffed into the sack.

In her hands a simple hand held polaroid camera device.

Walking around the Colleseum she smiled and took as many pictures as she could of Italy. She hummed a song by this muggle artist Frank Sinatra, Something's Gotta Give as she walked arond. As she was walking she felt beads of sweat coat her forehead before she rubbed it off with the back of her hand and put the camera away. Following that she tugged out her earphones and set out to clamber down the stairs and find a nice place to get a cold drink.

Near the bottom as she was clambering down, she almost tripped when she saw a familiar face.

"Jake?" Veronika called out as she neared him, her green eyes lighting up in excitement. Finally when she was a mere few inches away she grinned as she plopped herself down onto the steps beside him, "it really is you." She pushed her face closer to his as if to make sure she was positive that he was real before jerking her head back. "Yup, the one and only Quidditch star Jake Newbury, what're you doing here in Rome? Shouldn't you be out gallivanting with super models and gorgeous foreign stars?" She teased lightly.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:47 pm

"Jake?"

The sound of his name in a non-accented manner was enough to bring a small frown to the man's brow. He wasn't overly sure why it sounded so similar in that moment, but he couldn't deny that it was welcoming, almost comforting in that moment. Being in a foreign country, yet feeling as if he wasn't far from home in the same moment.

The ex-Quidditch star almost believed that he was dreaming.

Almost.

But the fact that the person in question moved closer to him in that moment made Jake aware of his surroundings a moment later. Ad a smile graced his lips a moment later when he realised who was there beside him. "Veronika!" Jake greeted as she finally came to the assumption that he was who she thought he was. Always helpful, in that respect.

Jake let out a soft laugh at her words. "Ex-Quidditch star, actually!" Jake corrected her gently. "I'm a qualified Auror now!" He added with a smile. "And, I'm holidaying here this summer. Thought I could see what all the talk is about in respect of Rome." He explained, ignoring the comment on super models and celebrities from other countries. What people didn't know most certainly couldn't hurt them.

"What about you?" Jake asked. "It's... funny how we both chose the same place." He added, more to himself than anything as he looked out across the Colosseum once more.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Veronika first met Jake whilst doing a morning run around the Black Lake after a resteless night. He was funny and good to work with, she found herself enjoying the company too. He also taught at Hogwarts which she found impressive. She was glad to have found herself a friend while teaching, something she had worried about. However, now that she was in Rome she felt more than just a little blessed. The villa full of handsome and beautiful youth was a gift all in its' own, in fact the entire trip that had been paid in full for her to enjoy had been the greatest gift she could have asked for.

Secretly, Veronika had entertained the idea of Jake as more than just a friend but when was there a right time to pursue that thought? They were both professors, both professionals, and in honesty she still felt as if in a way she was betraying Ivan still. However.

They weren't in Scotland anymore, and well, when in Rome.

"Ah, how could I forget the ex part?" She slapped her forehead lightly as if to say show her dopey-ness, "qualified Auror! That's awesome! Isn't it beautiful so far? How long are you staying for?" Veronika added smiling, regardless of whatever happened, she was glad to have a friend in vicinity.

"Oh, it was a-," her words got caught in her throat, if she said it was a gift would it take away from the moment, she didn't want to ruin it, "it was an impulse thing." There was a good chance that he'd know she was lying, but it wasn't an awfully bad lie. "It's uh nice here, y'know I think we should celebrate your recent Auror Training completion by getting some drinks there's probably a good place nearby," she added standing up and offering him a hand to help him stand. "It'll be my treat," she grinned teasingly.
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:50 pm

As the witch sat down beside him, Jake pulled his t-shirt back in to place, hoping that the witch beside him hadn't seen too much. Not that he minded, of course, more people than he could imagine had probably seen him topless from his Quidditch career at the end of matches. But he didn't want to make this awkward in any manner.

Though in fairness it would have been only the smallest of glances fro his brief stretch.

The comedic response to his correction brought a soft laugh from Jake's lips. "Wishful thinking, perhaps?" Jake teased gently, before the conversation moved once more. He simply nodded the confirmation that he was now qualified in his field of choice, probably making him more qualified now for his Defence Against the Dark Arts position than he had been before.

"It is beautiful here, quite warm too, which is nice. Scotland makes you forget what warm weather is, after a time." Jake joked, though it really was true. "I'm here until the end of the week, got myself a small apartment for the week, with a pool." He explained, not to impress, but simply because that was how these things worked.

The reason for the witch's stay Jake took to be true, after all, there wasn't a reason for her to lie to him, and even if she was, it wasn't his place to pry, at all. "How long are you here for? Do you have much planned?" Jake asked, before she insisted they went for a drink to celebrate his recent achievements.

"Who am I to say no to such an offer?" Jake asked, using her hand to help himself up before heading down the remaining steps, making sure his colleague was okay as she came down too. "But, you can only pay for the first round, I would hate to run up a bill for you!" Jake replied, just as teasing as the offer had been.

"Have you tried any of the bars yet? There is a good one that I found just around the corner. It's quite simple, in honesty, but it's a nice place to go!" He explained, hoping that that would be to her taste. "Or we can look for something else, if you'd prefer." He offered, not wanting to insist on one place if she wanted to go to another.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:08 am

Although Veronika was mostly glad that Jake was there, it was one of those luckily unlucky feelings she felt when he stretched. At the mere hint of skin, she jolted a bit as secreted desires arose to the surface. She averted her eyes as quickly as she could to her feet, playing over the Transfiguration runes that she'd known since youth. Inwardly, she bemoaned her luck. She was sitting next to temptation sinfully sitting on the steps of the Colleseum.

She merely nodded at his wishful thinking comment. She smiled at his nod too, happy her friend and colleague was in a good place. Jake Newbury was a name that was sure to go down in history, she thought fondly.

"Indeed it does, I like the humidity, it's better than bundling up in robes," she joked at the weather comment, it was rather cold in Scotland, "ooh, that sounds adventurous, are you renting or do you own?" Veronika asked, playing with the laces of her boots. Trying desperately not to look at the bright color of his eyes; because great gods above was it an intoxicating shade for sure.

"I've honestly got nothing planned," Veronika answered honestly before looking up at the sky, the blue color and dotted white clouds in it, "it's just beautiful up here, sometimes I forget what the color of the sky looks like in Scotland. Probably find somebody to take me on a boat to see or rent one myself and swim to my heart's content, it's been forever since I've felt an ocean as opposed to a chlorine filled pool." Her smile was soft, gentle, full of memories of lying on her back and letting the ripples of a German lake engulf her like a blanket. She dropped herself back from dreamland to snap her head back to him and smile brighter. "What about you? Any specifics you want to do?"

Following him down the steps, just a few behind, and gratifying in the feel of his hand in hers for just a moment longer than necessary.

"You'd be someone entitlted to live his own life," a little bit of self consciousness bit at her as she didn't want to impose, "I would never mean to impose, and I doubt you can drink me more than me, kiddo." She reached up to lightly boop his nose.

"I've not gone to any but I'm hoping the one around the corner is the jazz bar Alexanderplatz, I've heard a lot of hubub about it." Veronika said offering her arm as if she was a gentle, "however, I trust you to guide the way." She murmured glancing up at him with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 6:52 am

"Oh, I'm just renting!" Jake replied to the question. "Thought I'd get to know Europe before I decided on picking out holiday homes." He explained, though he'd probably not buy holiday homes at all. It was simply a tease of sorts to show that this was light hearted.

The boat comment sounded like fun, if you asked Jake, he used to like that in the lakes of Minnisota with Victoria and his parents. "Well, if you don't get any luck, contact me and ill come out with you for the day!" Jake insisted, the sea would be a nice break from the pool after all and they wouldn't have to wait for a bus for the short trip to the beach.

"I'm personally just taking each day as it comes and deciding what I want to do each morning. Merlin knows what I will be doing tomorrow!" Jake replied with a soft laugh. Perhaps he would meet someone in a club and decide to recklessly waste the day with her, perhaps he wouldn't meet anyone and tomorrow he would go and explore more ruins. It didn't matter so long as he was happy.

The comment on living his own life made Jake smile to himself. "I do that every day of the year." Jake replied to the witch, not minding the token affectionate gesture of being called 'kiddo'. "I'll remember that when I'm carrying you home later!" Jake teased the older witch as she slipped his arm in to his and they began to walk towards the Jazz bar Veronika had decided on. Honestly which basically they drank in made no difference and Jazz had always been known for being a little more lively.

Finding the bar wasn't too difficult, and as they reached the door, Jake held the door for Veronika before following her in, leading the witch to the bar. "What do you want to drink?" Jake asked, though he couldn't speak Italian he was quite sure he'd manage to get the drinks they both wanted.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Veronika nodded to his answer. She felt a bit guilty; here she was taking a fairly expensive trip as a gift whereas Jake was paying for it from his own pocket. She shook the feeling away. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and if she had switched places with Madame Souvielle, she would have done the same thing.

“Well, Bora Bora’s pretty gorgeous too and Cancun as well,” she added smiling, “as far as pictures have told me at least.” Beatrice and her boyfriend had gone to all the beautiful beach-y places and took as many pictures as possible so Veronika could live vicariously through the images.

“You could come along,” Veronika blurted before feeling her face flush, “I just mean y’know it would be kind of weird swimming with a stranger who probably barely understands English and I know you so it wouldn’t be uncomfortable at all. Unless you’ve already gotten your fill of the sea…?” She asked nervously running her hands over her calves, movement comforting her and allowing her to fidget over her physicality rather than her words.

Once more Veronika nodded before another idea came to mind.

“Why don’t you stay with me?” She asked, excitement painted all over her face, “I mean, I’m staying in this villa, and there’s plenty of space in the room I have; it’d be fun. If you don’t want to, that’s totally fine as well, I just it’s nice to know someone and share this kind of thing; it’s gorgeous.” Veronika added extra emphasis on the descriptive word, her smile turning sheepish at her brash suggestion.

She laughed freely at his joke, “of course, of course.” She replied, amused by the idea that he’d take her home. Naturally he hadn’t meant it in the same way she was thinking of, but none the less her brain went there. To which she ignored the flush on her neck as she walked in grinning.

"What a gentleman," she murmured in gratitude, with one glance at the menu she knew just what she wanted to order, "I'll take a Woo Woo," the idea of her favorite drink, peach schnapps incredibly appealing. While waiting for the bartender to get their drinks she turned to Jake, "so is jazz a genre of music you like? Or if it isn't what is? It's one of my personal favorites, I grew up with it, my dadda was a huge Frank Sinatra and pack rat fan."

Veronika's Wizarding Villa
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:51 pm

The comments on good places to go to made Jake smile to himself, thinking about those locations and nodding to himself. "I'll look them up." He told the witch, and he would.

The offer to go out to sea with his colleague was one that intrigued Jake almost instantly. Seeing her not in robes was already proving better than his imagination had provided, but that was something he would keep to himself. Because there was something more intriguing in the fact the witch was blushing. "I'll see if you're up to it after our drinks this evening." Jake replied, trying not to look to eager at the prospect of seeing her in a swimsuit.

Though the next comment was much more forward than the swimming and Jake's eyebrows raised as his face lit up with a grin. "Stay with you?" Jake asked, checking he'd heard the witch correctly in that moment. "I haven't even brought you a drink yet and you're inviting me back to your flat. New record!" Jake teased, and he meant it as a joke because... well, they were colleagues, it would be damn well impossible to work with a romantic interest, or whatever else you would want to call it.

"And a Peroni for me!" Jake told the bartender just after Veronika had placed her order. The question on music was one that made Jake think for a moment. "I'm quite open musically." Jake responded, giving a small shrug before deciding to elaborate. "I learnt, when I was younger, to dance so classical music is quite calming for me. But then, I like the more up to date music, club music, but my mom also taught me to dance to some of the fifties music. There is just no preference, really. Except the songs you can sing along to." Jake concluded, hoping that made some kind of sense.

"You were humming Sinatra earlier though, fine choice." The Auror insisted as their drinks came, he lifted his bottle of beer up towards the witch in a toast. "To fun on holiday!" Jake suggested with a warm smile.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Veronika smiled apologetically, “I’m afraid I don’t know how well their magical network is down there, ever flown in a muggle plane?” She’d flown multiple times, but it wasn’t preferable. A Portkey or Apparation was just a moment or few of uncomfortable in exchange for transportation. Whereas muggle transportation took a long while, hours even, and could potentially be expensive.

Glancing behind Jake for a moment she could clearly see the several admirers he had, and smirked. It raised the question: was his derriere nice? She flushed more at the thought and cleared her throat as she ran her a hand over the ends of her ponytail which she had one shoulder, her other hand was stroking her bare shoulder, the skin there still warm from the sun. He did play Quidditch so there was a good chance it was a good butt. Oh god, you lecherous perv, she thought irately shaking the thoughts from her hand again.

“Trying to get me out of my clothes already?” She joked weakly, adding a laugh at the end, trying to ignore the breathy way the words fell from her lips.

Veronika cleared her throat, “well I mean- not with- but like – you – ugh,” she couldn’t formulate the right words and instead settled on crossing her arms and blowing a raspberry at him. At his tease, she felt her annoyance with herself ease up and she giggled. It was then that a funnier tease came to mind as she bit her lower lip playfully looking up at him through batted eyelashes. “I can guarantee you won’t be bored at least.”

Veronika placed a hand on his arm before going on the tips of her toes to whisper the next part in his ear, “I’ve got,” she paused mid-whisper, “board games,” she finished with a grin releasing him and settling onto a bar stool. “Or cards,” she added as an aforethought tapping her lips in thought.

“Dancing classical?” Veronika asked, blinking in surprise before remembering the one time her father (Maxwell) had tried to exercise his own training and her dad (Tristian) and ending up in a laughing heap in the ballroom of their home, “that’s an acquired skill,” she smiled and rose a brow, “y’know back in England I know some good dance clubs near my old college; crazy good DJ’s with the sort of music you might like. Dancing’s something I love to do-,” her breath caught in her throat, “you sing too?”

“Yes sir I was sir,” she gave him a false little salute, “and to your Auror completion!” She lifted her glass and gave it a little clink to his bottle before downing it and looking back at the bartender with a wink to make it clear she wanted another one. The bartender flushed and nodded, keeping his face down to refill her. Upon the realization that her head was starting to feel from the elastic, she pulled it from its confinements to let the hair fall down.

“Wanna dance after a couple more of these?” She waved her drink teasingly. “’M afraid the classical stuff won’t work here.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next