Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:25 pm

The question of flying made Jake shake his head. Before his first, and last girlfriend, he'd never been out of America, and seeing as they were magical, he didn't see the point. "This is actually one of my very few holidays outside of America, actually." Jake explained, with a small shrug.

The comment on trying to get her out of her clothes brought a smile to Jake's lips. One that could be interpreted in oh so many ways, so many that he wasn't even sure if he was smiling at the thought of doing such things, or because the joke was... well, presumptuous. But he didn't respond, leaving that small piece of conversation for her to think over and take from it what she wanted to.

“I’ve got,” she paused mid-whisper, “board games,”

Jake couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle at the witch's antics, looking down at the hand that gently touched his arm. An intimate gesture, for some, friendly to others, Jake wasn't quite sure he knew what Veronika was trying to infer with the contact, but he didn't mind it, not at all.

"I prefer cards." Jake responded, giving her a knowing look. Cards was much more fun. "Especially... poker."

Once more Jake nodded. "Not just classical. I know... I know most routines." Jake explained, feeling a little conscious admitting that. Not that there was anything wrong with dancing, he just didn't share it very often. But, his cheeks held a light red coloring the moment she asked if he sang, the hitch in her breath making him wonder what she was thinking. "A little. Not publicly, but I can keep the right tones throughout a song." Jake admitted, giving a little shrug. "And, of course, if I actually know the words to the song in question."

The toast was a good one, and after watching Veronika down her whole drink in one, Jake just looked at her for a moment. Impressed, and stunned in the same moment. He'd never imagined the witch before him to be quite like that. Holding up a finger to tell her to wait, Jake leant over the bar and took a straw, curling it around the bottle. "Heard of strawpedos?" Jake asked, lifting the bottle to his lips. The straw working as a method to keep air circulating in to the bottle so it didn't vacuum. Only a couple of moments later, the whole bottle was gone.

"Beer isn't the best thing to down!" He admitted a moment later, ordering himself a Vodka instead the second time to better keep up with Veronika.

The question of dancing made Jake nod. "If you think you can keep up!" Jake teased lightly. It would be fun, after all, and that was what holidays were all about.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Veronika blinked in surprise because she'd deemed Jake as an adventurous soul. Mentally she chatised herself because it was very possible to be adventurous without travelling the world. She was making assumptions and those never ended good, she could only respond with a nod. For a while in her life with her fathers, she'd lived in Masachusetts. "I see, are you from America?" She asked tapping her fingers against the bar, not in a bored manner but merely her excess energy being transported into small motions.

At his lack of response to her tease, she felt a little bit more breathless. His smile was more than a little radiant. One of her favorite physical features about people, in all sorts of people, was their smile. There was something entrancing about the ivory white of his teeth, clean and in a perfect row, something tempting about the pink of his lips, and something just utterly enchanting about Jake Newbury. She let out a heavy sigh before returning the smile with a gentle pull of her own.

She grinned mischievously up at Jake, happy that he was playing along. It had never occured to her that she was flirting, merely trying to push his buttons. However now the thought had occured and her interest was piqued at the idea of how he was responding to it. Was there a way to make it more obvious...? Did she really want it? For a brief moment she thought of Ivan; they had never really flirted, they had become friends first while she was in Germany and eventually learned almost everything about each other, and that's how she fell in love. Except, she wasn't in love with Jake. Was it...? She felt her cheeks growing hot and her entire body felt flushed for a moment as she thought about the connotation that the word that started with an "l" that wasn't love and rhymed with must or trust or thrus-she fanned her face for a moment with how hot it was growing and instead put herself back into real life.

"Cards is good, yeah I'm sure we could play cards if you're up to it." She shrugged carelessly as if she hadn't been interpreting the thought of spending more time with him, "just promise you won't cry when I kick your perfect bum in poker."

"That's still impressive, trust me I know plenty of people born with two left feet," Veronika replied with earnest, she took a deep breath, "I think singing is a-," she paused trying to find other words than hot, attractive, "terrifc talent and I'm afraid I've always been jealous of people who can, since I sing like a dying donkey. It's an awful sound," she added just in case he asked to hear her.

Veronika watched in rapt animation as he downed the bottle within seconds, although she could down shots like a pro, and drink just as quick, beer and bottles weren't her area of expertise. "Wow," she exclaimed in awe and lifted her hand for a high five, "that was spectacular, Jake!" She laughed a moment later at his beer downing comment, "no I have to agree there," as he ordered a vodka she raised a brow.

"Think you can keep up?" She lifted her head back and downed the next one, the burn a splendid sensation, she slid her drink down to the bartender again for a refill, he gave her an odd look but complied.

"I think I might just surprise you," she winked this time at Jake with a laidback grin while she opened her hand for her glass back. "Besides it's you I'm worried about," she paused realizing that her attire wasn't exactly dance worthy and biting her lower lip, before deciding it wasn't important.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:55 pm

"Born and bred!" Jake responded happily. "Moved to Scotland a couple of years ago cus it made teaching easier, ya know?" He added, because that probably caused some confusion, if his accent didn't give him away for the American he was, of course. "Minnesota, originally." He added, just for the sake of information.

"My perfect bum?" Jake asked, raising an eyebrow at that comment before laughing, shaking his head at the thought. "I think you've been reading too much Which Witch Weekly!" Jake teased, because that magazine... Merlin it had portrayed him in far too many different manners that he'd all but given up trying to keep up with the current rumour it was hosting about him.

"Mum was teaching me from the moment I could walk, and when Victoria came to that age, there was no getting away from it. I mean, I love it, it's fun! And singing just came naturally, I guess, mum sings whilst she's doing the housework, or... well, anything really. So, the creative things were something I picked up from. They're useful though." He explained with a grin.

The offered high five was responded to with a high five, Jake's smile never fading. "Not sure it's one of my better talents though!" Jake mused, readying himself for the next drink and downing it in time with the witch beside him. Oh, the bite of Vodka, how he'd missed it!

"I think I can keep up." Jake responded to her question, though he didn't know the limits of the witch beside him, he knew he could cope quite well with alcohol, it was part of the rite of passage of being in the Quidditch team for so long.

The worry, Jake waved away, smiling at the witch. "Believe me, I can hold my own when I need to." Jake assured the witch as they received their refills. "But, I think it's time you start putting your money where your mouth is!" Jake insisted, downing his drink once more and then holding out his hand to the witch beside him. "Shall we?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Veronika found that Jake’s energy was refreshing, and enlightening. It was bringing her smile to her own face, genuine and sincere. She nodded, wanting to express the fact that she was listening. The comment about it being easier to teach in Scotland hit her right in the heart for a startling moment as she thought about everything that had happened in France, she felt her heart give a sad thud before she shook it off. Now wasn’t the time. “I understand completely,” she said with as much feeling of understanding she could and smiled at him.

“Never been to Minnesota but I know that the lakes are near there or-,” her eyebrows burrowed as her nose scrunched up in thought, “is that Michigan that has the lakes?” She bit her lower lip trying to remember anything she could of the states.

At her slip up of words she felt embarrassment flood through her as she thought about her words, “perfect bum? I have no clue where you got that phrase from but it definitely wasn’t from me, are you sure you haven’t been reading too much Witch Weekly yourself?” The words tumbled out of her mouth, extremely defensive as she clenched her fists.

“Victoria?” She asked titling her head, before her eyes brightened in recognition, “oh that’s right! She’s your little sister! I forgot, but she’s adorable Jake! Like a walking embodiment of like candy or something,” her words weren’t as smooth as usual, but she couldn’t care, she was on the edge of her seat excited with how things were progressing with her and the Flying professor.

"You're on, kiddo," she put an extra teasing emphasis on the last word smirking at him, meeting challenges were the best parts of conversations, she downed her own glass before raising a brow. Giving a mock exasperated sigh, she slid her hand into his. "I guess you'll have to lead."

The first smooth chords of the song that she recognized from the singer muggle singer Michael Buble danced into her ears; Feeling Good. Her eyes widened at the purely sinful sound of his voice, a rough but soothing sound, she gulped as her face flushed a smidgen more than already and she cursed her luck. She looked forward at Jake's chest where she was situated because of her height. She tried to count the pauses between her rapidly beating heart.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:19 pm

How the witch understood, Jake wasn't quite sure, but he didn't question it. He'd personally run away from a lot of things he didn't wish to deal with, and she could possibly have done the same. He wouldn't judge Veronika for it, that was for sure. But he couldn't help but wonder if he'd ever find out.

"Yeah, Minnesota are where all the lakes are. Great if you like water sports!" Jake explained, and for a time he had enjoyed them. Before Victoria could no longer join in, before the world had changed. He made a note then, to go back and try them sometime, to find the joy he'd once had out on those lakes.

The defensive tone from Veronika made Jake hold up his hands in mock surrender, he most certainly hadn't intended on upsetting the witch, that was for sure, but it seemed he had no less. Best to avoid it, perhaps?

"Yep, she's adorable." Jake agreed, his smile growing more fond in that moment as he thought of his sister. It was scary to think that she was now seventeen. Nearly a legal adult in England. But he shook away the worry, because now was not the time to be worrying about where the time had gone.

Jake shook his head at the comment of being a kid, taking Veronika's hand without a second thought and leading her to the dance floor, spinning her gently in to a hold, his hand resting gently on her hip. The opening chords were quite gentle, which meant he had a small amount of time to gauge her capabilities before the music started.

And, like always, Jake began to sing softly along to the words of the song, because he knew this quite well, what with his mom being a Michael Buble fan. As the music sped up, Jake eased Veronika closer to him, quite comfortable with people being this close to him. But, that wasn't quite enough for the Professor, no, gently Jake brought his hand up to Veronika's chin, trying to bring back the eye contact.

"It's a new day
It's a new life
For me..."

Purposefully timing it so that he was softly singing four words to make their situation... well, more interesting, perhaps.

"And I'm feeling good."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 4:58 am

Veronika was glad he hadn’t asked any further into how she knew, and even more so that he seemed to respect her knowledge and her emotion got through. It made her feel warm inside to know that she had done good in expressing herself. Well, not just done good but been successful in getting through to someone. She smiled to herself in the aspect, not a flashy or full fledged smile but something small and insignificant.

She felt relieved that he hadn’t pushed further on her embarrassment because there was an extent to her flirtation that she reached and she liked flirting when she intended to do so. When it was here screwing up her words she refused to acknowledge that in anyway as cute flirting. For Jake to respect her boundaries, she was immensely pleased by the action, it made her bite her lip. She had a flare for sassy gentlemen with good bums, not that she’d ever admit that aloud.

“She’s got a good brother taking care of her,” she informed him honestly, she wanted to be there as much as possible for Gabriella, but Gabriella had her own family matter to deal with; on a constant basis. Veronika only got to see Gabriella on seldom occasions. “I-I have a sister too, but I doubt we’re as close as you two are.”

As Jake led her on the dance floor, Veronika had to admit that the man had skills. When he spun her around she let out a small gasp and an excited giggle, knowing that the girls from earlier were definitely feeling jealous. A sprig of pride arose in her as she took in the moment. He smelt absolutely intoxicating, and the weight of his hand on her hip was her only anchor from flying into La La Land. As she matched his movements the best he could and thanking whatever deity reigned supreme that she had yet to trip, Veronika couldn’t help the soft grin that was on her face.

When Jake pulled her closer, she felt the air deflate from her lungs at the proximity, the feel of his own body against hers made her clench her jaw in order to focus on her steps instead of swoon and melt because that would have been pathetic. Veronika straightened her back, let her body ease more into his. However, when she felt his hand bring her gaze back to him she felt the air leave her lungs again, this time her breath coming out in an exhale as she bit her lower lip.

Because this man was the equation of male perfection. From the hair to the gorgeous eyes and the to die for physique; he could also dance and sing, he was a professor, and from America. Was there a way he could get better?

God she wanted to kiss him, even as her body moved in tune to his her eyes were hooded just a slight, her eyes dazed at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:29 am

Jake took the compliment in respect of himself and Victoria with a smile. He always believed he could do better, but next to nobody knew about the internal torment he caused himself over the witch. Nor would they, because Jake knew his insecurities were unfounded, but he had them no less, quietly, internally and away from everyone.

The information on Veronika having a sister made Jake nod at the knowledge, not sure how to respond in detail, so instead he settled for something simple. "I'm sure she knows how much she means to you, regardless of your closeness." Jake insisted, though to him that sounded a little flat. Oh well, he'd tried.

The giggle from the witch as they moved to the dancefloor made Jake feel great, happy. His smile brightened at the soft melodic sound of laughter from the witch, because he really couldn't help but pride himself on being the cause for such sounds.

And of course, it was no surprise that their closeness made the witch's posture change, from this close proximity he could feel everything the witch did, the exhale of breath, the straightening of her back. It was almost something he could smirk at, but Jake held it back, cockiness got him no where, and he knew it wouldn't help with anything in that moment either.

But as their eyes met, Jake smiled warmly down at Veronika, giving her a moment to adjust to the situation. "What are you thinking about right now?" Jake asked, watching her eyes to gauge her thoughts, not that he was much good at reading women. The alcohol was beginning to set in from the fast pace from the outset. Not so that he was drunk, but he had the good feeling alcohol brought with it.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 7:28 am

Veronika found her brain begin to get a bit hazy, the alcohol giving a small kick that could also be described as a pleasant buzz. Three wasn't nearly enough to get her drunk if she was in a social setting to sit, but with the way she'd drank them and how quickly she'd done it and the movement she was incorporating now, it wasn't out of the norm that she be buzzed. However at the same time, she quietly wondered in the back of brain if perhaps she was drunk more on the beautiful intoxicating smiles that Jake gave her.

"I can only hope so, y'know? It's not uh easy to have a younger sibling estranged or not," Veronika added smiling and rubbing the back of her neck a tad nervously.

Kissing was one of the best actions in the world, and Jake's lips looked perfect to do. They were soft looking and a pretty hue, rather alluring and intriguing, and with the buzz that was clouding her brain she was wondering how strange it would be to lean up just a bit and press those intruiging lips to hers just for a single moment and enjoy the extra buzz that it would give her to kiss him.

And his eyes, oh gods, his eyes were the trifecta; a perfect cherry on the sundae that was the wonderful man standing before her. There was something wonderful about him and something wonderful about the moment they were sharing. Europe, she thought fondly, was just one big bubble of wonderful moments with Jake there.

At his question she wondered whether it was best to lie, or to be as honest as possible and point blank tell him the truth. How bad would it be? How heartbreaking could the consequences be? She solemnly asked herself. It definitely wouldn't be worth it... But to hell with consequences, she had nothing to fear in this single wonderful moment.

"If I kissed you," she asked as he spun her, in accordance to the song's rhythm, "would I be happier than I am now? I don't quite know if that's possible." She added as she let her lips curl into a smirk over a smile, her eyes daring him to take the leap.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:38 pm

The comment about younger siblings made Jake nod in agreement. It wasn't easy having younger siblings, not in the slightest. Victoria kept him busy more than he could say, but only because he chose to look out for her. "It's not easy, but I don't think I would have it any other way." Jake responded to her statement, softly. She didn't know, nor did she need to know everything he and Victoria had been through, but it wasn't easy.

The dance was quite comfortable, if Jake was honest, not in any way perfect, but it didn't feel forced like some people he'd danced with in the past.

Jake had watched Veronika's eyes for a moment, noting where they were looking before he looked away. Not focusing on anything really, just trying not to be conscious of the fact her eyes kept moving to his lips. Did he mind? Not really. It simply made him curious to her thoughts.

But, seeing as he'd asked, he waited for the answer.

And it came, bringing Jake's eyes back to brunette in his arms. Her answer was not quite what Jake had been expecting, if he was perfectly honest, but the idea of kissing Veronika...

Well, it had occurred to him several times. Mostly on a whim, never in full force. Mostly because she was beautiful and they got on. But he'd never really thought it would happen. They were colleagues, and complications.

MERLIN JAKE! Stop overthinking!

Searching Veronika's eyes for a joke, Jake paused for a moment, forgetting the music and losing the step as he simply looked at the witch. Disbelieving her words completely. "You... want me to kiss you?" Jake asked, though that was probably a silly question because her smirk, her eyes, they were showing that she did want exactly that.

With a small internal 'why the hell not!', Jake leant down enough so that their lips were nearly touching, pausing only for a second to give Veronika the chance to move away, tell him no... And then, ever so gently, Jake pressed his lips to the witch's, reveling in the softness as he pulled the witch closer to him.

It was a kiss that broke down a lot of things, if Jake was honest, it threw away the caution that he'd come to have about the witch being a colleague, and it threw away everything that he'd really known about Veronika. For one, he'd never thought she thought of him as anything more than a colleague...

Pulling away, only a little, Jake opened his eyes, looking in to Veronika's eyes as a smile broke on to his lips. "Just tell me I'm not going to regret that..." He murmured, staying close for the moment in case there was more, but not yet moving back to kiss the witch again.

Because certainty in the situation was gone, now... it was just the moment leading him.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:18 am

Veronika was extremely happy that her and Jake were able to talk so much. It wasn't anything like Ivan of course, but it felt something safer and at the same time something new and something better. Whether it was just friendship... Whether it was something more. On her part she felt guilt for wanting more, and not even wanting a relationship at the very moment. She desperately needed this vacation and she was relieved that they were in Rome and not in Scotland. Oh how terribly awkward it would be if they were in Scotland and she was dealing with this wayward appreciation of his physical posturing.

"No, I don't think so either," the witty banter that came so natural to her and Gabriella felt very fulfilling as if the emptiness that came with not having another sister was completed with her.

In honesty, dancing with Jake was a bit hard because rather than dull her senses she felt amplified in Jake's presence. The soft but still there feel of his hands on her waist, the sultry sound of jazz appearing in her ears, and the sight of his handsome face. Gods the scents too! It was all assaulting her and leaving her suscpetible to screwing up the steps to which she always winced after. He was skilled dancer most likely, and probably danced with many witches even better.

It made her grip on him tighten just a slight before she realized she was being irrational.

When he asked, she really wished she was some clever, extremely sexy, extremely daring witch who could lift her head back and say something smart like: "It's most likely the other way around, but I guess I could let you." Or something like: "I'm not a liar, so yes."

But instead it came out something not as smart.

"Yeah, I really want you," she froze, her bravado slipping before she bit her lower lip a bit more nervously as she added, "to kiss me of course."

As he moved close to her lips, she felt as if she was set on fire. Everything was warm and fuzzy and it felt so amazing that she couldn't help moving her own lips a little closer and letting her eyes fall shut. Her fingers clutched desperately at the back of his shirt, at his side, at anything really she could claw into as she let out a quiet whimper. All the pent up desire she'd been expressing secretly falling out in the moment that he pulled her closer. She felt as if she couldn't form a single thought that was coherent and when he pulled away she protested a bit moving forward again to re-catch his lips.

When he spoke instead she grinned in reply.

"I know I won't regret that one or this one," and this time she took the leap, her lips pressing back against his, this time her tongue lightly peaking out and her brain praying she was doing this right. If she could have thought something coherent, something prohibitive she would have jerked back and shook her head, said it was a mistake and asked if they could be friends. If she was in perfect unison with her brain she would have listened to the screams of protest that were forming and pulled back. If only. Instead, Veronika felt warm, and flush, and terrific.

And Veronika felt new and bubbly and happy as she kissed him with a teensy bit more fervor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)   The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Start of Something New (Rome - Veronika & Jake)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next