Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} Empty
PostSubject: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Sterling hummed to himself as he retrieved a watering can. He then walked back over to the small area that he was using to grow his plants. Well, soon to be his sister's flowers. The boy would never just grow flowers for the heck of it. Only with his sisters or mother involved would he engage in such a boring activity unless it was required of him.

He filled the can with the hose that was nearby and began watering the plants. Dittany for Mathilde and Asphodel for Valentina. Dittany was a plant that was good for it's healing properties, which was perfect for the youngest girl in the family, as Mathilde loved sports. She got injured all the time and the healing plant would be perfect for her. She had gotten used to brewing potions at home, finding her love of it through brewing healing potions for herself.

As for Valentina, she had a certain touch for the darker enchantments, often accidentally casting them on herself. Moly would be perfect for her as it is known to protect against dark enchantments. She would be able to practice all she wanted and not worry about getting hurt.

The boy was also growing Asphodel for both his sisters, as he thought it looked nice. Of course, they may end up not liking the flowers, but maybe Valentina could use them in her art, and Mathilde in her potions. He finished fussing over the flowers and stood back, looking at them with pride.

He had heard somewhere that plants grew better when they were talked to or had music, so Sterling had brought his guitar, also cause he had nothing else to do. He grabbed the case from where it had sat by the door and brought it over to the plants, opening it and pulling out the instrument and a pick. He strummed a couple chords before starting to pick out a song.
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

Birthday : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 12:09 am

Dominique was excited as she had gotten some Iris bulbs. She had begged her parents to get them for her. As she wanted to be like her godmother. She was going to ask Mimosa if she wanted to come down with her. But she knew that the girl was busy with Quidditch. That was something that she would have next year. But first she would have to make the team. Dominique didn't even know if she was good enough. Hopefully for her birthday her parents would get her a broom. Meaning she would have one next year.

Now she was on her way to the greenhouse. Later she would catch up with Mercy and Mim. Maybe they could talk about having a sleepover in the Astronomy tower? It was something that she thinks that they would all like. It was something that she would have to ask both of them. As she knew that they would be up for the idea. Dominique bounced into the greenhouse as she was thinking about more things that she could plant. Azalea would be a good thing in the honor of her godmother. But there were a ton of things that she could do.

That is when she noticed that she wasn't alone. Which was something that really didn't bother her. As she was sure that he was here for a reason. Dominqiue then noticed that the watering can be up high, as she need to water her plants. That is when she found a stool and was reaching for the watering can. But she was still too short. She wasn't going to let that stop her. So she was standing on her tippy toes and it still wasn't working. That was something that she was going to regret. As the stool tipped over and she fell off. Making a loud noise to come with it.

A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} PAGF2e
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 12:22 am

Sterling closed his eyes as he played. He wasn't even completely sure what song he was playing, but the notes he did play flowed together in a haunting, lilting melody. He added a couple chords in and hummed the melody, dark and mysterious before rising to be light and one could say nearly cheerful. He opened his eyes and stopped abruptly when a girl a couple years younger than him walked in.

He watched her for a moment and was about to turn back to his music, though, he decided, he would play much quieter when she dragged a stool over to the shelf that held the gardening supplies. He frowned as she stood on her tiptoes and set down his guitar, standing and starting to walk over to help her get whatever she needed.

He was almost right behind her as the stool wobbled and tipped. He leaped forward and in an instant had caught the girl, his eyes wide in surprise. He stood there for a moment, holding her in his arms before his brain registered he should put her down. He chuckled and set her down on her feet.

"Be a bit more careful kid, you could have hurt yourself." He glanced at the top shelf to see what she was reaching for. The only thing there was a single watering can. He reached up and grabbed it, handing it to her with a smile. "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 1:27 am

Dominique knew that she was going to fall. She just hoped that she wouldn't get hurt too much. Because that meant that she would have to go to the hospital wing. Something that she wanted to avoid. Being short was something that she really hated. Dominique had no idea that the other person was actually behind her. When she heard the stool make the noise and started to tip. She knew that she was going to hit the floor. But what she didn't realize that he actually caught her.

For a while he was actually holding her. Which she couldn’t believe cause he was an older guy. And he was cute. Just because she was still too young, didn't mean that she couldn’t look and be like a normal girl. Dominique didn't know what to think about this. As this was something new to her. But the boy then puts her down.

She then looked at him when he called her a kid. Which compared to him she would be one. “ I am not a kid.” She hated it when someone would call her a kid. Because it would make her feel like she was a little girl. But he was right as she could have gotten hurt. “ I wasn't actually thinking about that part. I was just trying to get the watering can and realized that I was just too short.” She then smiled as he reached it for her. And then asked what her name was. She couldn't help but grin. “ Dominique but my friends calls me Dia."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 am

The boy smiled as the girl retorted immediately that she wasn't a kid. "Of course not miss. My apologies." His eyes sparkled in amusement but he didn't show it, as that would be the same thing as making fun of her, and he didn't yet wish to be rude. His smile widened at the name. "Well Dia, my name is Sterling. Is there anything else I can help you reach?" He smirked as he teased her lightly.

He righted the stool and sat down on it, tilting his head at the girl with a small smile. "So, miss Dia, what are you doing here? I can only assume you're hoping to tend your plants?" He studied the girl as he talked, trying to sort out if he'd seen her before.

"Would you mind if I played?" He asked the girl, gesturing to his guitar, back over by his own plants. "I'd like to stick around for a little bit. Wouldn't want you falling off any more stools after all."
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 am

Dominique then looked and seen that he was smiling. At least he was apologizing. Which that was more than some people who called her a little kid. She smiled as she was accepting his apology. “ At least you can say sorry about it. As there are some people who just keeps doing it.” Then she finally learned what his name was. As she already told him her name. “ Hello Sterling.” He then asked if there was anything that he could reach for her. That is when she started to look around. “ Right now I think that I am good for that part.”

Sterling had saved her from falling. “ You did save me a trip to the hospital wing.” Dominique loved it when he was smiling, she felt like she was melting. Was this what a crush felt like? That was something she would have to ask Sasha. As she didn't know the answer to that question. Sterling then was asking what she was doing in the greenhouse. “ Oh I planted some Iris bulbs and I always come to take care of them. My godmother was really good at Herbology.”

She then listened as he asked her if she wouldn't mind if he played. Dominique was over the moon now. “ I don't mind at all.” She was trying to play everything cool, but wasn't sure how it was actually working. Sterling then said he wouldn’t want her to fall off more stools. “ Yeah that would be bad as I would be testing out gravity.”

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 2:59 am

The lifted an eyebrow as she looked around. He hadn't really expected her to need anything else, but would gladly get anything she needed. It seemed his teasing had flown right over her head but he let it go, it was better for her to take him seriously than get offended he supposed.

She mentioned that he had saved her a trip to the hospital wing and he let out a small chuckle. "Any time Liebling," he said, showing off his German ever so slightly for the younger girl. He wasn't sure why he felt the need to impress her. She was obviously several years younger, and Sterling didn't usually talk as much with the younger kids, often preferring to stick with his group of guys.

“Oh I planted some Iris bulbs and I always come to take care of them. My godmother was really good at Herbology.”

The boy nodded. "I'm honestly not usually into herbology much. I mean, it's fine, but it's not my favorite thing. I'm just currently growing a couple plants for my sisters." He shrugged and smiled.

Sterling simply nodded and stood up. He walked over to his instrument as she talked and smiled to himself. He picked it up, turning back and walking back over to sit back on the stool before replying. "Well, if you feel the need to put gravity to the test again, just warn me next time." He smirked with a small wink before looking down at his guitar.
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Dominique wasn't sure what else she was going to actually need. But she didn't want Sterling to leave and he was sticking around. Just to be on the safe side as he didn't want her to fall. She knew that she was a lot younger than him. But a small crush wasn't going to hurt. And she had just met him. And the school year was about ready to come to an end. Then it would be summer than before you know it, it would be time to come back. And she would be a second year. Dominique wasn't trying to wish her life away.

She thought that she was going to melt into a puddle when he called her Liebling. Dominique wasn't sure what it meant. But it had to be something good as he gave a small laugh. She knew that she should have paid more attention to her tutor. But that wasn't going to matter right now. Right now she was in the greenhouse with Sterling. Even though she had just met him, Dominique knew that she was crushing. Which she was going to have to tell Mercy and Mim about all of this. She then mentions that she planted some iris bulbs.

“ My godmother was into Herbology. I like the whole planting flowers. Don't think I could make a career out of Herbology.” Dominique knew that she had a long time to think about what she wanted to do after Hogwarts. As she was in no hurry to decide. “ That is nice that you are going plants for your sisters.” She couldn't help but give a small laugh. “ I don't plan on testing gravity again. Well at least until I start practicing as I want to try out for my house team. Even though it won't be till next school year."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Sterling shrugged when she said she couldn't make a career out of herbology. "Nonsense. There are plenty of things you could do with plants. You could come back to Hogwarts and teach Herbology for instance, or go off to be a scientist and study different plants, or you could learn the magical properties of plants, and create new potions with a garden full of fresh ingredients."He smiled. "There's plenty you could do if you ask me. Though, through your stay here you may decide you like some other subject even more. Who knows, someday you could become a dragon tamer or something." He chuckled at that.

He nodded when she mentioned it was nice of him. "Yes, well, Mathilde is always hurting herself while playing sports, and Valentina's always accidentally cursing herself, so I figured I would try to be of some help. Wouldn't want them hurting themselves after all."

He lifted one eyebrow as she mentioned wanting to be in her house Quidditch team. "Oh really? What position would you want? I myself am the Hufflepuff Seeker. I bet I could help you practice some if you'd like." There he goes, volunteering his time for next year, even though he knows perfectly well he'll be extremely busy most of the year with his exams. Surely though, he would have time to help the younger girl.

The boy strummed several slow chords to start the song before picking up more chords and humming a gentle melody. He glanced up at her as he started, a small smile on his face as he hummed. He picked up the pace as he went along, grinning back down at his guitar as the chords started getting faster and more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 am

Dominique listened as Sterling was telling her all the things that she could do with Herbology. Which she really wasn't sure if that was something that she wanted to actually do. She knew that she still had time to think about it. As she was in no hurry and wasn't going to be going anywhere. “ That does sound like I could use Herbology. But I am not really sure what I want to do. As I know that I have plenty of time to actually think about it.” That was something that she would worry about later. Right now she was still in her first year.

It was nice that he was doing something for his sisters. Which she would do if she had any siblings, which she was an only child. “ Well that does sound like it would be a nice thing to do for your sisters.” She then mentioned how she was going to try out for her house team next year. That was if she was any good. But then again Mercy was there, so she might have a chance. Sterling then asked her what position she wanted to play. “ I think I want to be the Gryffindor seeker.” As it was funny because he was the Hufflepuff seeker.”

When she was listening to him play, she couldn't help but smile. This was happening, she was crushing on an older guy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}   A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique} Empty

Back to top Go down

A Friendship Blooms {Sterling & Dominique}
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next