Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

Chester Millstone, Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 7:56 pm

It was past five thirty when Azalea's car pulled into the ample parking space of the Newbury home in Surrey. As always, the vehicle parked itself with no supervision from the witch in the drivers seat. In fact, Azalea had barely seen the road, letting the minivan cruise at its own speed to a destination it had probably memorized by now.

As expected, the house was dark. It was far too early for Adrienne to be awake, she figured as she reached for her magical key ring depicting the family. Letting herself in as quietly as possible, the woman finally let out a soft sigh of relief at the familiar surroundings.

Her entire body ached from the lack of rest but instead of slumping on the couch or heading to bed, the American brunette made her way to the kitchen instead. Turning on minimal lights,. she reached for Adrienne's lunchbox which had been washed and left to dry on the draining rack from the night before. Organizing the young witch's lunch took twenty minutes but when she was done, Adrienne had a snack, a meal, dessert and two juice boxes for the day. Azalea also included a note apologizing for missing dinner and reminding Adrienne to always be herself because she was perfect the way she was. She signed the note from both Jake and herself.

At nearly six, Adrienne would be up in an hour. It was too early to get started on breakfast and forty five minutes of sitting quietly with her eyes closed sounded good so the witch switched off the lights in the kitchen and quietly padded her way upstairs to the bedroom where, as expected, Jake was fast asleep. A soft smile lit up her face at how the Auror had shoved half the blanket off himself in the middle of the night and she moved to adjust it.

Jake stirred slightly.

"Good morning," she whispered, leaning down to place a kiss on his cheek before turning towards her side of the bed. Azalea sank into the soft mattress and sheets as quietly as she could, simply sitting where she was, her eyes closed to the world.

It felt good to be home.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 11:04 am

Adrienne had been so very excited when he'd arrived to pick her up that evening. Pumped full of sugar from her time with Clara -- which Jake had thanked the older witch for with little sincerity but a big smile on his lips -- the youngest Newbury hadn't focused too much on the fact Azalea wasn't there, instead taking on the Azalea would be home later instead. They had gotten home after Adrienne's bedtime, in truth, and it had taken time to burn off the sugar high. The high had finally slumped though, leaving Adrienne deeply asleep, highly askew in bed, little snores leaving her too.

The witch had stirred a little as Jake had straightened her up in bed, pulling the covers over her to ensure she didn't get cold. The soft mumble of 'mommy?' making Jake smile as he leaned forward to press a kiss on her head. Adrienne hadn't been awake enough to know the difference, and settled with a soft sigh only a moment later. Waiting long enough to be sure that she wasn't going to wake up, Jake had left the room as quietly as he could, pulling the door to.

The man had moved downstairs to tidy up the kitchen with Adrienne's lunch box from the day, and putting it ready on the side to dry overnight. From there, he'd tidied up some of Adrienne's toys that she always left out, before checking if anything else needed doing. He'd ended up on the sofa an hour later, switching the TV on and watching any programme that was on to pass the time. Jake had drifted off at some point, only to be woken by his phone ringing. Eyes to blurry to see the screen, he hadn't realised the time, but upon saying Hello he'd woken up at the sound of Azalea's voice on the other side.

The apology that she hadn't made it home had been waved away by the Auror, he wasn't worried about that. Checking she was alright, and what the plan would be, Jake had told her that it was all fine, he'd see her in the morning. They'd hung up shortly after, and after stretching, Jake had shifted from the sofa up to their room. The thought of a shower manifested, but sleep won out, leaving the man just enough time to brush his teeth before he undressed and got in to bed.

Sleep came quickly for the man, nothing making him stir.

Apart from the ever so slight movement of the duvet on top of his body.

A soft 'mmm' left his lips as he settled in to the new warmth of the covers.

"Good morning,"

The kiss to his cheek roused the man slightly, his mind waking up to the fact Azalea was back home with him. The soft dip of the mattress on his other side made the man roll over slowly, his arm moved to find the witch, settling across her wait to begin with, before pulling her close to him. The familiar smell of the witch brought a soft smile to the man's features, inhaling deeply before letting out a soft sigh. "Morning..." The man mumbled sleepy, reaching forth to place a kiss... somewhere, but with eyes closed, the man couldn't have said what he'd connected with in that moment, only that it hadn't been Azalea's lips.

"You'right?" He asked, still not quite awake, but getting closer with each second.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 7:36 pm

Azalea hand't planned on disturbing the Auror as she sat in bed, eyes closed, breathing even, trying to forget the tension running throughout the muscles. But that turned into a moot point as she felt him stir more, reaching to wrap his arms around her waist sleepily. The witch smiled in the dark, glad nonetheless that he had woken up enough to welcome her home.

"Morning..."

Even in his half asleep state, she could understand what he meant. The brunette allowed Chrysler to be pulled closer, coming to lie down beside Jake as he reached to kiss whatever part of eh he could reach first - in this case, the top of her arm. Drawing closer to him, the witch returned the embrace, finally able to relax completely as she lay snuggled into his warm body.

It would be over soon.

In less than an hour, they would have to be awake and getting on with their day.

But for now, the world was quiet, the world was at rest.

"You'right?"

"I am now," she whispered, just loud enough for him to hear but not loud enough to insist he wake up further. Letting out a soft sigh, she reached for the hand loosely holding on to her, bring his palm to her lips and giving it a gently kiss.

She'd be alright.

It was just a nightmare.

Whatever it was.

She was safe now.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 8:45 am

"I am now,"

Jake's lips moved, but the words didn't come out that he meant to say, still struggling between awake and asleep in that moment. Instead, his head nestled in to the pillow more, trying beyond anything to get more comfortable in that moment. It might have worked, had the soft scent of Azalea not started to work it's usual magic. The barely there traces of things the man could not place always pulled at your senses when it was reintroduced, and it did more to wake him up than to help him sleep.

His hand moved by itself -- his mind couldn't quite grasp that Azalea was moving it -- and the soft kiss against his palm pulled more at his conscious mind than the pillow could ever.

Taking another moment to pull himself in to the present, Jake's eyes finally opened to the semi-darkness of the room. The light trickled through beneath the blind, but it was enough to make out the outline of the witch beside him. Back home, before Adrienne would wake up, as she had promised. Thankful for that much, the man stretched slightly, shifting on to his side and drawing the witch beside him closer once more. This time, his lips found their intended target, finding Azalea's lips and holding the kiss for a little while.

"Did you get everything sorted that you needed to?" The Auror asked as he pulled back from the kiss, his head coming down to rest on Azalea's shoulder. He would listen to whatever the witch would say, pressing a kiss to her shoulder if he felt any tension rising in her body, or else when she finished a sentence. Just soft, reassuring, and lazy, but reminding the witch he was there, as he always was.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 8:16 pm

Even as she settled down in Jake's arms, she could feel him growing more awake. At first, it manifested in the slightly more secure hold on her, then the stretch and finally, the Auror found her lips, placing a soft, reassuring kiss that entered her body like a breath of fresh air.

Reminding her of what she would always need to feel herself again.

"Did you get everything sorted that you needed to?"

The brunette tried to think over the question, her mind reaching back to last night, before her restless sleep. It seemed so far away now. Something to do with Amanda and dead birds. "For the moment," she managed as Jake lazily kissed her shoulder, not helping with the recollection process. She really hoped last night would not be a common occurrence.

"Missed you though," she admitted softly, the truth of the statement coming through nonetheless. She had missed him. With every fiber of her being. It wasn't possible to do so and yet there it was. The intensity with which she could miss the man was frightening sometimes, but it was there.

She felt the small kisses stop, her tired brain providing that she had done something to make it stop. The witch instead moved to snuggle herself closer to him, saying without saying that she needed this at the moment.

A part of her was still lost in the nightmare, but Jake knew how to bring her back.

How to ground her.

How to show her she was safe.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 1:25 pm

"For the moment,"

Jake hummed gently against the witch's shoulders to show he'd listened and acknowledged that comment. Almost thankful that the witch hadn't launched in to a full explanation because his brain wasn't quite ready to keep up with a conversation at the moment. Not that he wouldn't have tried, but he wasn't quite awake just yet.

"Missed you though,"

The kisses paused there, a thought drifting off to why Azalea had missed him. It had been a handful of hours that they'd been apart, and they were together now... Brain too foggy to make much more of that, the man had just let that be, accepting she'd missed him as she drew herself closer to his frame. Azalea's slender body moulded in to his, her neck now accessible to his lips as she left almost no distance between them in the process. "I missed you too," Jake breathed against her skin, taking in the dizzying smell that was undeniably his girlfriend. A soft kiss touched the column of her neck, and the man opened his eyes for the first time that morning. Shielded from the faint light behind the curtain, the man hadn't been able to make much out in the semi-darkness of the room. Only Azalea's neck was visible from this angle.

Another kiss to the witch's throat left the man's lips.

And another.

Jake's body shifted slowly from the bed, rolling towards the witch until he'd brought himself on top of her, resting up on his elbows as he pressed a soft kiss to the witch's lips. "Hey..." He whispered, the clear sign the man had woken up as he pressed another kiss to Azalea's lips with a little more assertion than the last.

Jake might not have liked her being away for the night, but he could well and truly compensate for that in the morning.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 5:35 am

"I missed you too,"

The kisses started again, making the brunette relax. A soft sound left her as Jake's lips touched her throat, making her body tingle pleasantly. When the kissed contused, she realized how close they were. Trying to burrow into his solid frame more turned out to be impossible, her spine arching on its own to give him more access to the soft skin he was currently showering with attention.

With each kiss, the memory of the night before grew more and more blurry.

With each touch, the here and now become more solid.

With each hitched breath he stole from her, the feeling of being warm and protected enveloped Azalea.

Until it was just Jake and her.

Like it was always meant to be.

She hadn't thought sleep possible and yet, Adrienne's loud squeal of "Mommy!!!" jolted her from something very similar to slumber. Instinctively, the witch tucked the blankets in around her just as Adrienne jumped into bed, smack dab in the middle of Jake and herself.

"Hello darling," Azalea greeted the young witch with a small smile, bending down to kiss her daughter's forehead. "Did we wake up early today?"

"Nuh uh!" Adrienne protested, burrowing into Azalea comfortably and settling down with a grin. "I woked up aaaaallll on my own. You and Daddy were being lazy!"

"Were we?" the brunette asked, reaching for her phone to note that indeed, they should have woken the little girl up fifteen minutes ago. How the child's sound hadn't roused Jake was a mystery, the man still lay flopped over in bed, not so soft snores mingling with Adrienne's trademark excitement.

"Well, how would you like to wake Daddy today?" Azalea offered, a mischievous grin showing on her features. Adrienne looked up at her with big excited eyes.

"Can I talk straight into his ear?" she asked in a conspiratory whisper.

"As loud as you want to."

The little girl took that as permission before rolling over to Jake. Wiggling herself up to his ear level, the child opened her mouth, took a deep breath, then bellowed.

"DAAAAAAADDDDDEEEEEEE TIME TO WAKE UUUUUPPPPPP!!!"

Jake shot out of bed as if stung, nearly falling over at his confusion, leaving both Adrienne and Azalea giggling softly as he tried not to curse.

"It was mommy's idea!" Adrienne laughed.

"Guilty," Azalea confirmed with a grin as Jake looked up at them both, still a mixture of asleep and alert.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptyWed Jan 19, 2022 9:25 pm

The man had fallen asleep in something of a satisfied stupor. Where their unison had come together, Jake's body had slumped down half across the witch beneath him, and half on the bed. If Azalea had said anything in the moments afterwards, Jake had not known. Sleep had come only sparingly, for the man felt like he'd only just drifted off before the sound of Adrienne, full of life, hurt his ears.

Hurt his ears and sent the Auror sprawling out of bed, half across the room in shock.

Only to find his two favourite girls laughing at him from the bed as he rubbed at his ear which was ringing in that moment.

"It was mommy's idea!"

"Guilty,"

"Is that so?" Jake asked, his heart rate just about starting to even out.

"Yeah-huh!" Adrienne insisted, much too much excitement on her features for this time in the morning.

"Well, if that's the case..." Jake replied, moving back to the bed. Leaning on the edge of the bed, Jake pulled Adrienne towards him by her foot -- careful not to hurt the child -- until he could reach her sides. "I think the tickle monster is coming out to play!"

The sound of no from Adrienne's lips was lost in the squeals of excitement and laughter from the youngest Newbury. For a few moments, Jake didn't relent, earning deep giggles from his daughter. But it was in the same moment that Azalea's laughs joined in, soft as she watched on.

"Oh, you're not out of the firing range!" Jake insisted, climbing up on to the bed and catching Azalea with his other hand. Tickling the witch's sides, too, Jake allowed a moment to pass before he pulled both of them close to him. Cuddling them both to him, and pressing a light kiss to each of their heads, Jake let out a soft sigh -- a contented sigh -- at the position he found himself in.

"Now that my hearing is back... What would you like for breakfast?" Jake asked Adrienne, who didn't need to consider for a moment.

"Pancakes!"

"Hmm... do we have time for pancakes, mommy?" Jake asked, looking to Azalea to see if she was alright with that decision.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 2:49 pm

She would have felt bad for Jake, she really would have if it wasn't the for the tickle fight that ensued immediately after. Adrienne's impromptu attack on her father and the retaliatory actions by the Auror were just what the doctor ordered to make last night completely vanish from the American witch's mind. The witch straightened her featured from their forced laughter as Adrienne insisted on pancakes. It would take an extra step in the breakfast routine but Azalea could never deny the child anything.

"Hmm... do we have time for pancakes, mommy?"

"Well..." the brunette replied, feeling the familiar glow of the address no matter how often it was now used around the house. "Only because Adrienne has been suite a good girl." This sent the child into a fresh volley of excitement, making Jake get off the bed and pick her up straight into his arms. Conscious of the time, he offered to get the youngest Newbury brushed, washed and changed while Azalea took care of pancakes.

As soon as Jake and Adrienne were out of the room, the witch made her ways tot eh bathroom, only to realize that she didn't look as big a mess sh was she had assumed. The respite of sleep may have been half an hour, forty minutes at best, nowhere enar enough to give her sleep rusted eyes or touch her carefully applied cosmetics.

Azalea closed her eyes in front of the mirror atop the sink, summoning a dark tendril from the recessed of her clothing, sending it downstairs to assemble everything needed for the pancakes. While Leafy was busy downstairs, the Deputy Headmistress changed into a fresh dress and dried her hair into proper wavy sheets before joining her creation in the kitchen. The mixture was ready, as expected.

"Thank you," she whispered as the vine crowed back into her. Turning on the stove the witch heated the oil. By the time she was on her third pancake (Bludger bat shaped ones for Adrienne), she could hear Jake and their daughter coming down the stairs.

"Breakfast is almost ready," she called out, directing the tea and coffee pot to the kitchen island along with a glass of juice for Adrienne following behind. Not two minutes later, Jake was at the table, eyeing the stack of bludger pancakes which she swiftly placed in front of the child. "Those are for Adrienne, you get the normal ones," she playfully chided before placing a stack in front of him too. For herself she poured a coffee and retrieved a protein bar from the ready stack available in the pantry.

"Come on guys, lets be good and finish up. Mommy has to be at work the same time Adrienne has to be in school."

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 1:29 pm

The division of work had always been something that came naturally to the pair. Something that came equally as easy that morning as he lifted Adrienne up from her excited squeal of pancakes once Azalea had agreed that they could have them. Fireman's lifting the youngest Newbury from the room, Jake called back that he would get Adrienne ready whilst Azalea did their food.

Putting Adrienne back on her feet when they got to the bathroom, Jake prompted her to wash her face up, and then brush her teeth whilst he moved to find her school uniform. The man was only gone for a couple of minutes whilst he laid it out, before heading back to the bathroom to find Adrienne splashing water at her reflection in the mirror from the sink. Letting out a soft laugh, Jake moved to help her wash up, and then get her toothbrush on the go.

Summoning his own toothbrush, Jake had joined his daughter in that task, pulling faces back at her whilst they brushed their teeth together. Three minutes later, the two of them had left the bathroom and Jake had helped Adrienne to change from her pyjamas in to her school uniform. It was always a big operation to get her to concentrate, but with pancakes promised, the youngest Newbury seemed to remember how to work through the getting dressed that morning. When Adrienne was ready, Jake had pointed her towards her toys whilst he went to get dressed, and the witch had been all too happy to get to play for a bit before breakfast.

Taking the short break, Jake had popped for the quickest shower possible before pulling on a pair of trousers and a neatly ironed shirt.

From there, Jake had moved back to Adrienne's room, finding her planning a battle between her teddies. Watching for a moment, the man spoke softly so as not to alert her. "Ready for some pancakes?"

Adrienne had shot up from there, hurrying past him and down the stairs.

Jake had followed closely behind, jumping down the last three stairs so he didn't fall too far behind.

"Breakfast is almost ready,"

"That's great news! I'm starving!" Jake replied, ushering Adrienne to her seat at the table. Once the child's seat had been pushed in, Jake had moved to his own chair and the cup of tea that was waiting for him. Sipping the drink, the man had let out a satisfied hum of appreciation as Adrienne's pancakes arrived. Bludger bats, no less. The man looked over at them hungrily, only to be told they weren't for him. Adrienne had tucked in hungrily as the second plate came, and much like his daughter, Jake tucked in hungrily to the food.

"Thank you!" Jake said around his first mouthful, the second mouthful following quickly after it.

The family ate together happily that morning, Adrienne talking excitedly about her pancakes between bites about how good they were.

"Come on guys, lets be good and finish up. Mommy has to be at work the same time Adrienne has to be in school."

Jake's fork had just finished the final mouthful, Adrienne was nearly through her own.

"Can't I come to work with yoooou?" Adrienne asked as she slurped from her juice.

"You have school, sweetheart." Jake reminded gently.

"But your school is so much better!" Adrienne returned, and Jake had to concede to that much.

"Another time, careful, you'll spill your drink." Jake replied, reaching over to correct the over tipping of Adrienne's cup. As they finished up their food, Jake took the role of tidying up the table, leaving Azalea to get Adrienne ready to leave for school with a tidying up of her uniform, and collecting the multitude of bags that held the child's homework, lunch and PE kit for that day. Ten minutes later, the washing up had been done and put on the draining board, and Adrienne and Azalea were ready to leave.

"I'll see you shortly." Jake said as he took the various bags from Azalea's hands. "Say goodbye to mommy." Jake prompted Adrienne. The child didn't need to be told twice, throwing her arms around the deputy headmistress and hugging as tightly as she could.

"I'll see you after school?" The child half asked, and half decided in the same moment. Letting go, she turned towards the car to go get herself settled.

Smiling fondly after them, the two adults took a moment to say goodbye, a soft kiss being held between them, before Jake moved towards the car to buckle Adrienne in, and then move to the driver's seat. A small wave from them both, and they were heading out towards the road, leaving Azalea to get ready and go to work.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)   Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

Out of my head, and into your arms tonight (Jake)
Page 1 of 1