Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) Empty
PostSubject: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 8:49 am

Victoria's birthday had come up much quicker than she could possibly have anticipated. Being eighteen in the UK meant a lot more than it did in America, and her English friends had made sure she knew that. So, after letting themselves in to the Head's common room, they'd proceeded to decorate. Balloons of every shade of pink were hung, banners denoting it was Victoria's eighteenth birthday hung from every wall that allowed it.

Food was brought up by the house elves, and a music system had been set up. Victoria had been ushered to get changed and was back in the middle of the fray before too long. A smile on her face.

"Oh, and we have invited the who school, Vic, so get ready!" Alicia had said, and Victoria felt more excitement flood through her. She simply loved hosting events, and this one was just for her!

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 am

Things had been going good. So far, he had been on one dinner 'date', 4 late-evening walks, and had a couple of snowball fights with her since they first met, and the boys in his dorm were jealous. Corey was not actually one to care about things like popularity or girls and whatnot, but it was fun to see how much he could get away with and how much the boys bought his stories.

So, when he heard that it was Victoria's birthday coming up, he couldn't help but smirk. It took him a week or so to find everything he could - especially considering they all needed to be in pink, a colour he actively avoided having, because it was such a typical 'girl' colour. But, in the end, Corey got everything he needed.

On Febuary 13, a day before Valentine's Day, he noted, he got dressed and headed for the place stated. Slipping into the room, holding a wrapped box, a smaller box, and a bouquet of roses in his hands, he smiled politely at the different people he passed, keeping an eye out for only one person.

Once he located her, he slipped behind her quietly. "Happy Birthday, Princess," he greeted, using a name he had never dared before, but it seemed suitable for this occasion. "I mean, you're the center of attention today, aren't you?" he added, waiting for her to turn around before handing her flowers, the chocolates, and the wrapped present.

"I hope you like them," he said, smiling widely, secretly glad that he no longer had to carry such girly items around.

Presents:
1) Diary
2) Quill Set
3)Small teddy bear
4) Vouchers for a bookshop
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Ramona had heard about a party. A party for the perfect head girl. Ramona wasn't jealous. Victoria deserved that head girl position as much as anyone, Ramona just deserved it more. So why was Ramona going to this girls birthday party? It would be expected of her. They were in the same year, and had shared a dorm since Victoria had came in their fifth year, and since then, Ramona's life has been a living hell. Well, not exactly hell, she was just trying to beat Victoria at everything. Just to prove that Ramona was better. So Ramona had to try and look better than Victoria, and her usual hippie style wasn't going to cut it. She had to be glamorous and outshine Victoria on her "special day".

Ramona rolled her eyes as she put her hair into a long side braid, and she smiled at her probably over dressed, dress. It was long and flowy, had a heart shaped neckline, and was a very bright yellow. She wore black flats because she didn't feel the need to have her feet killing her all night, and would probably end up taking her shoes off anyways. And with that thought, Ramona just decided to go barefoot. She smiled at her decision and thought it made a shit ton of since.

The party was in the head boy and girl common room. If Ramona was having her birthday party, it would be someplace cool, like the great hall. Where everyone would easily find it. Amateur party planners. Ramona applied a little bit of makeup, and made her way to the common room. Then she realized. She didn't get the girl a present. Ramona worried about it for a split second. Then realized that Victoria had everything Ramona didn't, and thought that that could be her present. She nodded to herself in the mirror content with her look, and decisions, and went to the party.

When she walked in, some Gryffindor dude was there, and had a lot of presents to give her. Maybe she could convince Victoria that the dude had stolen all the presents he had from Ramona before she came in. It would make since. And would get her off the hook for not getting her ex-roommate who abandoned her a present. Ramona held so many grudges against this girl, and she suddenly forgot why she went to the party in the first place, but then she remembered that she needed revenge.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:22 pm

"Happy Birthday, Princess,"

Victoria couldn't help but spin around at those words, coming face to face with the boy she'd been spending some time with recently. Not too much, of course, Victoria was very dedicated to her studies, but she always accepted Corey's invitations when she was free. It would be very, very rude not to, after all. "I am!" Victoria replied to the boy with a grin, not in a big headed manner, oh no, but in an innocent manner. As always with Victoria.

It was then that Victoria noted the presents that Corey had brought her, and surprise touched Victoria's features in an instant. "Corey..." She breathed, taking it all in and accepting the gifts gracefully. Inhaling the scent of the roses, Victoria let out a happy sigh. "Oh, this is wonderful, give me a second!" Victoria insisted, quickly moving away and transfiguring a nearby cup in to a vase for the flowers before putting the gifts down beside it.

"You know, you really didn't have to do that! Your company would have been more than enough!" Victoria told Corey when she returned, pulling him in to a warm hug. "Thank you so much though, I'm touched!" Victoria insisted, just as the door opened. "Oh look, Mona made it!" Victoria told the boy beside him, though he probably already knew of the older Hufflepuff.

Waving to the witch who'd been her roommate, Victoria motioned for her to join them. Or, if Mona preferred, to go and get herself a drink (Victoria's friends had smuggled in some alcohol, not that Victoria would be touching the stuff) and some food. But, of course, Victoria mouthed (because of the music) a "Thank you for coming!" to the witch.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:42 pm

When Aiden had been given an invitation for the Head Girls 18th Birthday Party he had been very surprised. He had rarely spoken to the girl and he hardly knew here though he wasn't that stupid to refuse an invitation. It would be horrible and down right rude to do so. He had been taught by his brother and sister after all and they had practically drilled the manners and proper etiquette into his brain the moment he could understand it.

Dressing in his best clothes the brunette grabbed the wrapped present on his desk before leaving his room to walk towards the Head Girls room.  

He stepped into the room after knocking before giving Victoria a light smile. "Happy Birthday, Ms Newbury." He murmured softly, handing the present towards her. "I hope.. you like it." He really had no idea what to buy for her so he went with something that he thought she might like.

Inside box;
1. H&M Giftcard worth £200
2. Amethyst Earing, Ring and Necklace Set
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 7:24 am

Sumire wasn’t too used to parties that weren’t like the ones the kids with her theater company threw. She went to a few of the older kid ones and found that their party games were ones she didn’t want to indulge in. However also they were theater kids - a majority of the parties had to do with singing and watching old shows. She would much rather not relive those days of watching old shows because a majority of the time she could only find her flaws; small things like her blocking being off or her stage make up being not enough. She despised those parties. This was a different ball game altogether though wasn’t it? 

This was Hogwarts and these were witches and wizards and in the past three years since she’d started she had made only a small pool of friends. She really needed to expand said pool. With that in mind she accept the invitation to the Head Girl’s party. Victoria Newbury was a bright, beautiful, and kind girl. Not to mention she had a brain in her head. Sumire thought she was absolutely adorable and found herself in awe of the Hufflepuff. She was proud to share a house with her and the times they’d crossed paths she found herself loving the girl’s candescence. She wanted the gift she gave the girl to be something she could take with her after graduation.

For the past weeks she’d been wearing summer themed skirts and dresses that never really showed off her body, but she wanted to look a bit more mature for Victoria’s party. Her nerves were kicking up a terrible storm in her stomach as she got dressed after picking out Victoria’s gift, but she refused to show it. So tonight she wore a little less childish clothing - nothing too shocking or revealing, but a tad tighter to her well fit body. She curled her hair and let it fall in pretty waves around her face and down her back. As she slid into her outfit She hoped tonight her and Victoria would be able to be close friends.

Hello,” she greeted Victoria brightly, "I'm Sumire, I'm sorry we've not talked much, but I think you're just a lovely girl," she gushed earnestly as she presented her with her gifts; an unwrapped jar that was glowing and was charmed to never stop glowing unless tapped three times with a wand and an amethyst necklace.

"You're a very cheery person and I find that so admirable, not to mention you're so friendly to all that you meet; you're glowing like the sun." She informed the older girl sheepishly biting her carefully glossed lower lip, suddenly nervous about her gift choice, maybe it was too sentimental. "And the amethyst crystal gems bring clarity to the mind and protection, I mean with your big brother being Professor Newbury who's also an Auror protection probably isn't a big worry for you but I figure this is nice to have anyway." She smiled hopefully at the older Hufflepuff.

Sumire found herself meandering the partygoers and finding someone she knew, thankfully. "Hello again," she greeted to Aiden, "it's nice to see you again. You look good." She added conversationally. "How've you been?" She sincerely hoped that wasn't too prying or too flirty since neither were intended to be so. She merely wanted to make a friend and keep it.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 8:35 pm

It was only a moment later before the next guest entered and Victoria grinned, noticing the Slytherin boy who'd entered. Victoria had made it her business to find everyone's name since arriving in her fifth year, even if she didn't speak to them. "Hey Aiden!" Victoria greeted the boy as he greeted her formerly. Without meaning to, her cheeks reddened just a little more.

Formality, it seemed, was enough to make Victoria feel special, and therefore blush.

"Thank you so much!" Victoria replied as she was handed a present, instantly pulling him in to a hug to show she meant the thank you. "Please help yourself to anything!" Victoria told him above the music. "There's enough food for everyone!" She insisted, because the house elves had outdone themselves. "Oh, and don't forget your party bag at the end of the night!"

Victoria's party would not be complete without some childish touch, and the party bags were the centre piece of her childhood. Filled with sweets and silly little toys, everyone was going to get one to go back to their rooms with.

It was then that a younger witch moved over to her, and Victoria grinned. Sumire. Sumire was a very pretty little girl, and Victoria liked the girl. True, they hadn't talked much, but Victoria could just tell that she was the likable kind of person. Placing the present she'd just received on the table beside the ones from Corey, Victoria smiled at the younger witch. "I know who you are, Sumire! How couldn't I know such a beautiful face?" Victoria asked with a grin.

"But it's lovely to see you here!" Victoria told the girl, taking the presents once more, and placing them carefully on the side. "I think you've made a wonderful choice!" Victoria told the girl with a grin, admiring the jar for a moment before turning her attention back to Sumire. The child was so bubbly, Victoria couldn't help but smile at the enthusiasm.

The comment about Jake made Victoria chuckle softly. "There's nothing out there that is going to hurt us, he makes sure of that!" Victoria assured the witch, because there truly wasn't anything to worry about. "But, I will keep it close to me, I promise!" The Head Girl told the girl, because the present was thoughtful and Victoria liked thoughtful gifts.

The comment on looking good brought a smile to Victoria's lips. "Not as good as you, that much is for sure!" Victoria replied, thinking about her answer to the next question for no more than a second. "I've been great, studying hard, of course. Tonight will be a well deserved break. Are any of your friends coming? I mean, we're friends, but I wouldn't want to bore you all evening!" Victoria insisted, letting out a soft laugh.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 12:35 am

Ramona looked on as VICTORIA received gift after gift, and when the person complimented her, she found a way to reverse the compliment. She made fake gagging noises and put her finger to her throat and pretended to choke herself. She didn't understand why all these people absolutley adored Victoria. She was repulsive, annoying, and 100% fake. These people didn't live with the girl for a couple terms. Or was it one that felt like a million?

When Victoria mentioned food and presents for the guests, it all made since. THAT was why people came. She was bribing them. They just felt like they needed to return the favor. She watched on as people were giving her present after present. She was just waiting for the right one to sabotage. So that she could say that they stole the present from Mona so that Mona didn't have anything to give the girl she hated with a passion.

The prefect showed up. That was perfect. Nobody would suspect the prefect of stealing. Mona went up to VICTORIA after her little speech, and said, "he stole the necklace and eating set from me that I was going to give you! I swear that's the only reason why I don't have a present!" She pointed to the Slytherin boy. After all, who would they believe? An innocent Hufflepuff? Or that Slytherin?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:05 am

Smiling at Victoria's response, he wondered if it had been worth carrying those pink items through the castle - and decided that it just wasn't. Never the matter, Corey played the part of 'glad-you-liked-my-presents' and shrugged at her comment. "You're most welcome, Princess," he replied, wondering if she'd realize his nickname for her was, in a small way, mocking. But he doubted she would, and instead turned to look at the person who just came in.

Over-dressed, no presents.. Interesting, he thought to himself. Something was up, he could sense it. What exactly, Corey wasn't sure, but he was going to find out if it was the last thing he did.

As more people came, he couldn't help but wonder at what each person was giving her. He had carefully selected each item to be something that he was quite certain Victoria would enjoy, but that was only because he knew her; if anyone else would get an 18 year old a teddy bear he couldn't tell, especially since it seemed that most people who came weren't her close friends.

Of course, he didn't consider them close but he knew enough about the witch to be able to make some form of judgement.

As he watched, standing near the Hufflepuff, he noticed the other witch - an older Hufflepuff - approaching. And when she did start speaking, he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. Something didn't quite feel right about it, and years of observing people was telling him as such. At the end of it, he stepped forward before Victoria could, indicating with his hand that she should let him speak first. Thankfully, she seemed to understand, and he took his time to form the sentences.

"If I may, you were in here for quite a while. Why didn't you approach Victoria before this to tell her about your present? Having said that," he motioned to the wrapped present. "The only way you would know what was inside is if you had x-ray vision or if your story was true." Pausing for a moment, he shrugged and added, "Or a lucky guess, I suppose."

"But let's not disturb the Head Girl on her birthday, okay? This is easily settled." He turned to face his fellow Prefect. "Aiden - it is Aiden, I hope? - tell me quietly exactly what is in the box, including shape and colour. Ramona, go stand over there where you can't hear him. When he's done, you can come back and do the same. You already said it's a necklace and a .." He furrowed his eyebrows for a split second. "..an eating set, whatever that is. Describe them to me."

Glancing between the two, and then back at Victoria, he added, "After that, it's as simple as getting her to open the box. We'll soon see who is the real purchaser of the items."

Motioning for Ramona to take a few steps back with a wave of his hand, he then crossed them casually over his chest, turning to face the Slytherin with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:17 am

When Aiden was accused of stealing he narrowed his eyes and his wand hand twitched. He was quite sure if it wasn't for Corey he would be reaching for his wand to curse the Hufflpuff girl. No way in hell would he stand being accused by someone like her.

When Corey stepped in and suggested that they both described what was in the box he was very thankful for the boy as he knew that he would get it right.

Stepping towards the Gryffindor, Aiden crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Ramona for a good few seconds before turning towards Corey. "Inside the box is a H&M gift card worth £200, it's a muggle clothing shop gift card. The next present is a necklace, ring and earring set." He whispered. "The charm on the necklace is a butterfly with it's wings set with Amethyst stones. The same goes for the earrings and ring. They are also silver. And I also have the receipts for them."

He then stepped back and gave a light smirk though not in anyone way. He just knew Ramona would get it wrong.  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)   It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!) Empty

Back to top Go down

It's the Big 18! (Party Thread, Open to All!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next