Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) Empty
PostSubject: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 8:00 pm

The first month of university had flown by without Victoria really knowing where it had gone. The classes were simply eye opening in their vast spectrum, but Victoria was lapping up the opportunity to take all of the information in. She'd made new friends as well, many from her class, and more from the social side of the university life.

Which, in itself, had been an eye opener with 'Freshers Week'.

Victoria didn't drink, not because she was a prude, but because she found she had more than enough fun without it. And, unlike many of her friends, she remembered all of it the next day (much to her friends dismay at times).

Today, however, had been a much quieter day on the social side of Victoria's life. It had been a study day, with Victoria working tirelessly on her essay that wasn't due for another couple of weeks. To say it was above and beyond the expected would have been an understatement, but like with Hogwarts, Victoria planned on coming out top of her class - no matter the cost.

The cost - for today at least - was to lock herself out of her dorm room. Sighing to herself, Victoria gave her door one last shove before turning around and leaning against it, slowly sliding down the door until she was sat down. "So, so stupid of me." Victoria muttered to herself, trying to conjure up the memory of what they were supposed to do when they lost their keys. She knew it was going to cost her, but where did she have to go again..?

And, where was she supposed to go at almost midnight to get someone to let her in?

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 4:31 am

During his first year of university, Zander really learned what it was like to be out on his own without anything being given. There was nowhere there who would love you or make sure you weren't starving or dying of dehydration. There was nowhere there to hold your hand and pat your back and tell you that everything would be okay. This was the real world where you had to have a job if you wanted to be able to live comfortable and not die of starvation or cold.

The boy luckily, had the luck of finding a part time minimum wage job and lived well for his first year. Now, he was a month through his second year and he was feeling better than before.

That day, Zander had been out and about the town for a bit after class, visiting shops before his shift. Tonight's shift had been a bit longer, he wasn't to get off til midnight and when he had, he had the long trek across campus and upstairs to his dormitory. Usually, it wouldn't have been so bad, however, he was exhausted.

Typically when he worked this late, the corridors were quiet, due to all the students being responsible and going to bed, or at least ending their parties at a respectable time. Unlike most nights, tonight the boy walked down one of the girl's floors in order to get to his floor a bit quicker.

He didn't get halfway down the corridor before realising what was off. Zander stopped in his track, his eyes trailing to the girl who was hunched up at the bottom of a door. He could see her muttering, but he couldn't hear what she'd been saying. He found himself walking over and stooping down in front of her, all the while his heart was beating crazy due to the fact he was about to speak to a girl.

"Hey, what's wrong?" His voice was gentle as his ice blue eyes focused on her, brow furrowed.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 am

Victoria simply could not recall the procedure for getting in to her dorm now that she had locked herself out, and was on the verge of getting herself comfortable for the inevitable night's sleep in the corridor. Of course, she could have gone to a friends room and asked to stay the night, but at this time of night... There was simply no way she was going to disturb her friends for a moment of stupidity.

However, it was a moment later that someone spoke, and Victoria's head whipped up, searching for the source as a smile graced her lips despite her situation. "Hi!" The witch greeted the man before her brightly, thinking of how to answer his question. Well...

"I forgot my key this morning, so I locked myself out my dorm. And, I've forgotten who I need to see to get back in, but I'm sure it's only in usual working hours. So..." Victoria paused, eyebrows furrowing as she thought through the solution. "I'm going to have to wait here until morning then go and find out what I need to do." She summarised with a soft sigh.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:24 pm

The boy slid down the door until he was sitting aside the girl. He felt that from down on the floor, he'd be able to hear her better, plus to him, it seemed a more respectable thing to do as opposed to standing over her, hovering. He was sure it would make her a bit more comfortable, well, as comfortable as possible since there was a random guy sitting with her, outside her dorm, at midnight.

"I'll wait with you," the boy smiled to her, hoping he came off as nice and concerned as opposed to creepy. "I'm Zander," he introduced, assuming an introduction wouldn't hurt if they'd be spending all night together.

Her situation was a tough one, as he didn't believe alohamora would work on doors that weren't magically locked. Unless they broke in, they'd have to look for the guy that had access to all of the dorms. "Maybe we could try to pick the lock?" Zander's eyes focuses on the girls as he shrugged his shoulders, sort of as a way to show her it was only a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:17 pm

The offer from the young man to stay with her made Victoria shake her head in an instant. "Oh, you really don't have to! I will be more than okay!" Victoria insisted, hoping she hadn't made herself a burden on him. "I'll be more than okay on my own until the morning, you'll be so uncomfortable waiting out here with me... I couldn't ask you to..."

The introduction made Victoria blush a little, she'd been quite rude and not introduced herself. Cursing herself inwardly, the American witch tucked her hair carefully behind her ear. "I'm Victoria, Victoria Newbury. It's lovely to meet you, Zander." She replied to the introduction, hoping he would forgive her rudeness in that moment.

The suggestion of picking the lock made Victoria look up to the door in thought. "Do you not think they have some kind of magical seal, or something to stop that happening?" Victoria asked, though she was uncertain on that point. "And... I've never picked a lock, so I would have no idea how you would do that..." She added a moment later, not managing to keep the small look of wonder off of her features at the idea of learning something new.

Her eyes moved back to Zander a moment later, a smile on her lips as she lowered her voice. "Have you picked a lock before?" She asked, wondering whether the boy might be able to help her out.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:51 pm

"I insist," he said, looking eye to eye with her. Perhaps if he had been Veela, he could have been compelling, someone who could make her accept the fact that he'd stay with her no matter what. "I'm sure you'd enjoy the company," he added on, nudging her. If she wasn't okay with it then he'd leave, but he really preferred to sit and give her company, or perhaps, it'd be her giving him the company.

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Newbury," he greeted her, pretending to be a bit more proper than he actually was. In that moment, there had been a hint of German in his voice, but just as quickly as it'd come, it'd gone. She was a sweet girl, he'd admit, and to him, it was such a shame for her to be in this predicament.

"Then maybe, Alohamora would work, if there's magic on the door? Either way, it couldn't hurt to try," he smiled towards the girl. She seemed to be curious about his lock picking skills, which to be honest, he lacked. "Do you have a small hair pin?" He had seen people in movies pick locks with hair pins so maybe he could do the same thing?

When the girl smiled and lowered her voice, he couldn't help but give a little chuckle. "No, but I've seen it done in Muggle movies and I've read a book about it," his eyes lit up as he answered her.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:03 pm

Victoria's blush crept up her cheeks a little more at the idea of enjoying the company. She couldn't deny that company would be very nice if she was going to have to sit out on her own for the evening, but she would never insist upon someone sitting with her. "Well then, I guess I should thank you for being a gentleman." Victoria said brightly, not being sarcastic about it, but truly meaning the thank you in that moment.

The idea of Alohomora working made Victoria's eyes widen. "Why... did I not think of that?" Victoria asked, feeling highly stupid in that moment for forgetting about being a witch and more than capable of doing that. Fumbling in her bag, Victoria pulled out her wand (one made of a wood that naturally grew with a pink hue, but not one she could remember the name of) and pointed it towards the lock.

"Alohomora!" The witch tried in that moment, before pushing on the handle. It worked to no avail, and Victoria turned back to the young man beside him. "Perhaps a little too easy for people to break in if that would have worked!" She jested, slipping her wand back in to her bag.

The question on a hair pin made Victoria sift through her bag, taking a few moments to move the copious amount of items around until she found her stash. Taking one out, Victoria handed it to the boy with a smile. "Here you go." She told him, hoping that this would work.

"Muggle movies?" Victoria asked, letting out a soft chuckle. "I didn't think that was actually a way of opening doors, I thought it was for comedic affect... I guess we'll soon find out!" She explained, moving out of Zander's way so he could give it a go.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:26 pm

"It's an honour, really," Zander insisted. For a pretty girl like her, he'd do whatever he could for her to make her life easier. The blush on her face was noticeable, in fact, there was no denying it, and for a moment, he wondered if he was blushing as well. It was odd behaviour for him to not be nervous from talking to her. Usually, girls made him extremely nervous, he wasn't exactly sure why, but they did. He'd start stuttering and he'd turn bright red before he'd have to turn away and forget the girl, but with Victoria, everything was different.

"Perhaps because you were just in distress," he said gently, cautious not to offend her in anyway but to merely inform her of his opinion. He watched as she fumbled in her bag to find her wand before she cast the simple spell. However, it did not work and he agreed with her. "It would make robbery extremely common and pranks too." At least now they both knew that security was not a need for the University.

He found himself a bit thankful when she handed him a pin, yet at the same time, he felt a bit nervous. Would she laugh at him if he couldn't pick the lock? Would she be upset? Mad? What if he did get it open, what happened next? Would they just go about their own business like the never met or would they talk for a bit longer? These were important questions that needed answers, but he couldn't find it in himself to ask.

Her chuckle was what brought the blush to his face as his thoughts shifted to thinking about how adorable she was. "I guess we will," he added as he turned to kneel in front of the lock once she had moved aside.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:47 pm

The idea of being in distress over the situation made Victoria pause for a moment. "I'm not usually easily flustered..." Victoria told him softly, feeling a little embarrassed for losing her head over something so trivial. After all, it wasn't life or death, only a comfy bed for the evening. "I'm sorry." She added a moment later, because she really didn't want to come across in the wrong light.

"As if there aren't enough pranks!" Victoria said, letting out a soft giggle. "Especially the first week, Merlin I don't think I've ever seen so many pranks in one place!" The witch explained, shaking her head at the memories before she remembered what they were doing.

Whilst Zander started to pick the lock, Victoria stood out of the way, allowing him space to work. After a few moments, however, Victoria felt a little useless, so she decided to try to help if she could. "Would you like me to do anything?" She asked softly, hoping not to distract him from the work.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:58 pm

"It's okay," he reassured her, "it's after midnight and you didn't know what to do.I would've been the same way," the boy admitted. He stressed out over the smallest things and something like what Victoria was going through would have caused him great distress, to the point of panicking and pacing the hall. However, he wouldn't admit that much to her.

Zander chuckled, "I remember what that was like," he said, thinking back on his first year. Now, his age group didn't often play pranks, but usually, the first years take advantage of their first week of school. "First year, huh?" he directed towards her. "I'm a second, but it doesn't feel like it." The fact that the past year had passed by so quickly was a shocker for him.

The boy had all of his concentration on the lock when Victoria spoke. "Oh, uhm, I'm not sure there's anything you can do to help," he thought, his brow beginning to furrow, "but maybe you can sit here and keep me company?" He chuckled as he winked towards her, a huge grin across his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)   Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Making Friends in Unlikely Circumstances (Zander & Victoria)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next