Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:47 pm

Anastasia wrinkled her nose in thought, still trying to think of a decent enough memory that she could us, and thus, prove her magical ability. She sighed again, blowing upwards so the hair that had fallen from her ponytail was blown upwards, out of her face momentarily.

At the sound of a voice next to her, she blinked, brought out of her deep thoughts, and looked over. "Oh." She said simply, realising that it was just their teacher. 'Of course not." She lied, rollin her eyes slightly, and scoffing at the idea of not being able to do something. "I'm just... Taking my time." She muttered as a simple excuse. "I don't get stuck."

At his ideas for her happiest memories, she scoffed again, and shook her head. "I hate flying, and my first day here was spent worrying about... Well, that doesn't matter." She said, quickly stopping before she revealed anything about her life. She rolled her eyes slightly, and remained leant back against the wall.

OOC: Wait. Was that directed at me? XD
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Jake, for all intents and purposes, was a calm man. He knew what to do in most situations, and gave people the benefit of the doubt more often than was probably wise for a man of his career. Well, he was only like it with the kids for the most part, because they were at an age where they were still adjusting to everything. So Jake didn't call the witch out the first time she scoffed, because it was very typical of teenagers.

Instead, Jake simply nodded at the notion that the witch didn't get stuck. It wasn't true, there was nobody who didn't become stuck at some point in their life. But then again, it was the teenage rebellious years and he waved it off. "Okay then." Jake replied softly, not trying to antagonise the witch before him.

The second time the witch scoffed at him though, Jake decided there was no helping some people.

"I hate flying, and my first day here was spent worrying about... Well, that doesn't matter."

"Okay, well, I'll leave you to think of something." Jake replied, moving away from the witch because it seemed he most certainly wasn't helping the situation in the slightest.

OOC: Yes, indeed. Just a warning, no harm done.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 4:56 am

Gabriel listened to the Professors words of encouragement, they weren't all that helpful but it still made him smile a little "Thanks...Still don't think it's very practical...considering you fail and your soul is sucked out." This was said in a very dull voice, keeping his eyes cast down.

He sighed running a hand through his hair, he removed his jacket and set it on the floor near his bag. Gabriel figured out that his memories should be about his family, none of the Fire ones had worked properly.

He closed his eyes and visualized his family, whole and his father alive. They were having dinner, Sis was arguing with Dad about her being a Smith and Mom was trying to act as the middleman for the two of them. She wasn't gaining any ground and it was almost coming to yelling, Dad was of course just pushing her buttons but he smiled through the whole ordeal. It wasn't the most polite memory he had, but they weren't a polite family; knock you down but help you up.

With that thought in hand, he held out his wand and rotated it clockwise "Expecto Patronum!" He called out, he summoned the wisp again. This time in a larger quantity, instead of holding it for a second or two; he held onto the wisp for around ten seconds or so.

"Damn...." He murmured breathlessly, he didn't want Taylor or Joshua to do something he couldn't. He went to try it again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Anastasia sighed a little when the professor left her to her thoughts, and rolled her eyes slightly. "I don't need patronising." She muttered, too quiet for him to here, even though it was directed to him. She lifted her wand up, and began to spin it around her fingers aimlessly.

It wasn't that she didn't want to contribute to the lesson, as such, it was more that she was too worried that she wouldn't be able to cast a patronus, and she hated not being able to do things.

Her eyes fixed on her wand, watching it as she spun it around, through and over her fingers with skill that showed it was something she did a lot, she tried to think of a memory happy enough to be powerful enough. Something from her childhood perhaps?

She screwed her eyes shut, digging deep into her memories to access something happy from before her mother left. Maybe... No, she couldn't remember it well enough.

Letting out a small noise of frustration, the Slytherin sat down on the floor, back against the wall, and continued spinning her wand casually. Well, if she couldn't do it, there was no point in trying. That would simply show others that she couldn't do it, and she couldn't let that happen.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Watching for a few minutes longer, Jake checked his watch before clapping his hands to get everyone's attention. "Okay ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid that's all we have time for. As I said, this will not be examined practically, so please don't worry about that, just know the criteria usually needed to create one, the incantation and the wand movement." Jake told the students with a smile, hoping to put their minds at rest.

"Thank you to all those who have given the spell a go, if you wish to come back at lunch time, or even after classes to speak to me about the spell, or any other matters, please remember my door is always open to people who need help of any sort. Now, off you go to your next classes, and have a good weekend!" The professor insisted with a smile, waving them off.

Class Closed.

Points Awarded:
Gabriel MacKay = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answer + 15 points for participation = 30 points.
Taylor Green = 10 points for attendance + 10 points for participation = 20 points.

Allegra Montez = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answer = 15 points
Amethyst Vine = 10 points for attendance
Victoria Newbury = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answer + 15 points for participation = 30 points.

Alexander Ward = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answering question = 15 points.
Amalia Sorenson = 10 points for attendance + 10 points for participation = 20 points.
Anastasia Petrov = 10 points for attendance + 15 points for participation = 25 points.
Joshua Murray = 10 points for attendance + 10 points for participation = 20 points.
Louise Grey = 10 points for attendance + 10 points for participation = 20 points.

TOTAL:
Gryffindor: 50 points.
Hufflepuff: 55 points.
Ravenclaw: 15
Slytherin: 85

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (Fifth to Seventh Years)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4