Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) Empty
PostSubject: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:16 am

Drugs , Alcohol and spiralling out of control

It seemed that was all Lucy knew once she got out of St Mungos , several very near suicide attempts and substance abuse meant she was put into some fancy panty rehab centre . She needed to be there for her own safety and the safety of others at the moment .

Though she'd only Been on drugs for a month , it took longer to come off them. Her tiny body didn't like the high doses she'd put into herself so withdrawals had been hard . Harder still were the sleepless nights .

Everytime she closed her eyes she was plagued by nightmares , she felt and remembered everything . Every time she thought she could close her eyes she was awake screaming not long after . Lucy had lost weight on her already small figure , what had once been healthy was now on the verge of anorexia . She tried to eat but the nightmares meant she threw it all up most days .

Most days Lucy spent by herself , her favourite place had become the swingset . She spent hours going back and forth , back and forth . Trying so desperately to become in a sense . Normal , again.

Her psychologist and the other services helped , but even once her mind set became more healthy she kept feeling like she had been w failure . The constant twinge of her scar reminded her that she'd not been able to defend herself with even the simplest of escape skills .

Finally , finally Lucy felt alone , and not in a way she liked . She'd kill for a friend . Well maybe not kill, but she would come close . Swallowing her pride , she'd written to Jake with a simple letter .

" Im free Tuesday ...
Lucy ."

She sat on the swing , going back and forth and had her headphones in, listening to some music .
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 am

When Lucy had left St Mungo's, she'd fallen in to a rather large rut. Jake had kept his distance from the witch, because she had made it quite obvious that she was upset with him, and yet, he'd been one of a handful that had been worried about her health. Eventually, though, the small group of them had gotten Lucy in to rehab, and the help she needed she was receiving.

The money... well, Jake had done a little digging to find out where Lucy was being funded from, but he said nothing about it.

Lucy had been making good progress, though, Jake had called in to the reception of the rehab centre a number of times to check on her progress, but had passed up on the opportunity of seeing the witch. He did not wish to push her further away with turning up when she had not asked him to come and see her. Jake was sure she would, though, in her own time.

And, true enough, the letter had come through from Lucy denoting when she would be free. Jake had adjusted his schedule accordingly for the meeting, despite Veronika's concerns over whether this was a good idea. Jake had explained away his wife's worries, insisting that he could not, and would not, leave Lucy to go through this on her own.

With a small bag of vegan goodies for the witch, Jake had gone in to the rehab centre to see Lucy. Being directed in to the garden, Jake gave the witch a small smile upon meeting her, taking up a seat on the second swing. Lucy did look ill, but, better than when she'd first been admitted.

"Hey Luce," Jake greeted the witch softly. He still wasn't one hundred percent sure how they stood with one another, but he was resilient. Wasn't going to give up. "Brought you some goodies." Jake added, motioning to the bag in his hands.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 11:09 am

Lucy hadnt heard movement at first as she had been humming while listening to her music , she did hear leaves crunch however ; taking her earphones out she looked up at who was coming and saw Jake sit next to her . She'd been contemplating as to wether or not he would actually come . She had been a right royal see ya next Tuesday type of person to one of her oldest friends .

" hey Jake ." She said softly , watching him sit on the opposite swing . The goody bag looked delicious and she outstretched a hand to get it, one of her tattoos now not as perfect . A large scar down the middle disfigured it . As soon as Lucy realised she'd reached for the bag with it visible she turned her hand down. Ashamed . But carefully took the bag and opened it .  " Thank you ." She told him, kicking her legs under her to swing just a little as she found he had put in her favourite gummy bears , Veg of course .

A few mouthfuls in she paused . Realising she was wolfing them. Rather rudely too, Lucy swallowed and paused . " Sorry... Kinda hungry ." She said with a hint of a smile. She'd always been hungry . More nights then she liked to admit she'd been caught , and not just by Jake sneaking into the kitchen in the middle of the night to make cookies or grab food . And she'd never admit that maybe on more then one occasion a certain teacher might or might not have joined her .

Lucy ate the gummies one at a time , she savoured them incredibly . " Can't keep food down for very long ." She said to Jake quietly, not looking at him because she was ashamed of it . " But the wear off and come downs are almost all gone ."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 11:32 am

Jake's smile had not faltered when she said hello, reaching out to the bag that he offered her. His eyes had flicked to her arm, the scar now there prominent, but he didn't comment, his eyes moving away. She was here to get better, and she was doing well. Jake would not bring up such things, unless Lucy wished to speak of them.

The witch took to eating, though, and Jake left her to it, eyes taking in the gardens of the rehab centre that had been made quite beautiful. He didn't interrupt the witch, he was in no rush to do anything. Lucy's apology he simply smiled at, and waved away. "It's fine, Luce. You eat up, that's what they're for." Jake told her with a warm smile.

"Just eat little bits. You'll make yourself sick from over indulging." Jake insisted of the witch as she explained that she was still struggling to keep food down. He wasn't really surprised by that fact. But he nodded as she explained all of her symptoms were getting better with time. "Have they said how much longer you will need to stay?" Jake asked the witch, very careful with his words, but curious as to how long all of this could take to run through.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 11:42 am

The fact Jake remained quiet was a blessing to Lucy , she simply said. " It didn't mean anything any more . " the tattoo had represented strength , something she didn't feel she had , or deserved . The way she'd done it wasn't something they needed to go over .

Nodding and having the gummies one at a time she watched Jake , he looked peaceful , but cautious in her opinion . No doubt probably with good reason to after the last time .

His question however made her shake her head " if they know they won't tell me ." Lucy answered , " The drugs are only one stage . I don't want to .. Do it again either ." She told Jake , her hand subconsciously going to the scar . Looking down she finished . " I can't sleep . Every time I try , or I close my eyes the nightmares come back . I wake screaming . If I've had food.. It comes right back shortly after . I'm tired Jake , tired and ashamed ."

She felt like lesser of a witch , she couldn't get sleeping potions yet as she was still coming off her drug cocktails . She wasn't going to risk getting addicted to sleeping tablets or pills or potions . " I'd give anything . Anything to be normal again ."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 11:57 am

Jake nodded at her comments about the tattoo, pausing a moment longer before telling her very softly. "You know we could have found a way to remove it, properly." He didn't want her to feel bad for the choice she'd made, but knowing there was always a better option usually helped. "But, it's okay. Next time we'll know a better way."

The idea of not knowing was not something Jake agreed with. Goals were a good thing, in his mind, but he didn't say that out loud. "Well, how about this, I'll come and see you every Tuesday, and when I come in, we'll go through what's improved in the week, how's that? Some little goals?" Jake proposed to the witch with a small smile.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of Lucy. What you went through is horrible. No one deserves to go through what you did. It will take time to heal. But, you will heal. Of that much I am sure." He told her with confidence. The idea of lack of sleep, though, Jake had to think about for a moment.

A small silence crept between them, before Jake spoke again. "What are you doing with your time? To keep your mind away from what happened?" He asked, because if she wasn't actively filling her mind with distractions... well, he wasn't surprised she was reliving the horrors night after night.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 12:07 pm

For both of their best interests Lucy decided not to comment on what he said , as it was a touchy subject at the best of times. " I don't want to be like that again . I never want to be like that again ."

The proposal he gave was a generous one , however Lucy shook her head " You have too much on to offer that , there's school, plus flying , plus being an Auror , let alone your family Jake . You don't need to burden yourself with coming here every week. " she told him, " But I am grateful for the offer but I know you're better use doing your job . Protecting people ."

Lucy shrugged as she was asked about her time " Monday's and Thursday's is group therapy sessions , Wednesday's , Friday's and Sunday's are with the psychologist . Saturday is a lifestyle choice or something I dunno they give us like ted talks before we go to counselling or something like that and get our health evaluated . Tuesday I'm supposed to go to gym but doc says I can't coz I'm not strong enough . Apart from that it's eat at meal times , sometimes there are movies on, otherwise it's just usually me here in the garden or library but all the books are religious or non triggering with no romance or drama or action . Routine Check is at Seven before its lights out at nine ."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 12:21 pm

"I know you don't want to. And, hopefully, you never will be like that again, either. But, please try to keep that in mind." Jake asked of her with a small, soft smile. He didn't want her to hurt herself again, but he could only do so much. The rest of her recovery was down to Lucy, and her alone.

"You're not a burden, Lucy. I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it. So, I'll be here, same time next week." Jake told her, his tone firm enough to show that he would not be backing down from that, either. Yes, he had a lot on, but Lucy was his friend, and she needed help. Help he could give her.

With the schedule being given, Jake could see that it was a lot of boring crap that was not helping her to believe in herself again. Yes, talking about what had happened would help her to come to terms with it. Yes, she needed rehabilitating in to the real world. But... nobody was taking in to consideration why Lucy was here. What would make her feel safe again.

"I have an idea... now, you can say no, if you'd like, but I think this would be good." Jake told her, giving a small shrug of his shoulders to say he wasn't entirely sure before he continued. "How would you feel if we started up some kind of lessons... self-defence. Muggle and Magical." Jake proposed. It would give her something to think about, something to focus on when she wasn't with the people who were trying to help her, but it would also give a stress relief outlet.

"I can help to strengthen your body back up again, if nothing else..."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptySun Apr 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Jakes reassurance and asking got a soft nod in return . " Alright ." She said softly , another few gummy bears going down the hatch .

Jake always made time for her , he'd done it at hogwarts and now he was offering to do it again . She was grateful for it , looking at him she offered some gummies " difference between these and normal is they aren't made out of gelatine , it's a plant version that does the same thing ."

Pausing as he spoke , she listened to his idea . Before looking down . Magic hadnt helped her last time . But maybe this time would be different . The strength part was what got her attention . Maybe it could work . At this point she was willing to give it a go. Lucy nodded " Alright , Jake.. I'll give it a go . But I don't have my wand here ." Safety measures . " So unless I suddenly have a ton of non verbal magic it's going to be difficult . I'm not supposed to get the wand back until I leave ."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 9:13 am

The offer of sweets Jake waved away. Even though he no longer played Quidditch and he could eat quite freely, he still liked to watch his food intake. After all, he didn't want to join the old 'has been's with their bulbous stomachs, and looking a far cry from the days in which they'd played Quidditch. That, and being an Auror meant he had to keep fit as well. "No thank you, you enjoy them."

As Lucy explained that she'd like to, but that she wasn't allowed to use her wand in the rehab centre, Jake nodded to show his understanding. "That's fine. We can work on Muggle self-defence techniques until you're allowed to leave here, then once you're out of here, we'll start work on your magical technique." Jake explained, thinking for a moment.

"I think... though I've never researched this, that if we develop self-defence without magic, it could possibly make you stronger with magic. But, I'm not sure. We'll give it a go, though." Jake promised her with a small smile.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)   Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rehab Part 1 (Lucy & Jake - TW: Substance abuse, torture & depression)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next