Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 11:06 pm

Grayson chuckled as the young woman seemed a little flustered by her own surprise. "Likewise," he replied, figuring that since she corrected her first question that meant he wasn't supposed to acknowledge it.

He returned Victoria's hug, careful to keep both of their glasses from spilling. Her joy was infectious and put him immediately at ease.

"It's lovely to see you too. My mother all but kicked me out of the house," he explained. "And since I hadn't been to France in a while, I figured it was as a good a time as any for a visit. How long have you been here? Have you done any sightseeing?"

He remembered from their earlier conversation that she enjoyed the touristy activities like visiting landmarks--and there were plenty of such places in France. She seemed to be enjoying herself, so hopefully her visit was living up to her expectations.

He blinked, a bit surprised as she asked if he had a phone. As it so happened, he did have a mobile phone, though he rarely used it. He'd gotten one to keep in touch with his mother in cases of emergencies when a letter would be too slow. Luckily that meant he'd brought it with him on his trip, and he pulled it out now.

For some reason, though it did seem objectively noteworthy that she'd ask for his number after only really having met once, he found he didn't mind--in fact, he realized he would like to keep in contact with her; she seemed like she could be a good friend. Of course, he hoped that was all she was looking for. Her actions were a little forward and could be construed in a certain way, but he was inclined to believe that was simply her personality.

As she looked at him expectantly, he related his mobile number to her, mentally adding her to his rather short list of contacts. He knew many people, but most of them communicated in other ways.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 pm

The returned hug only made Victoria like Grayson more. A number of young men were anti-hugging, which in Victoria's eyes was just barbaric. Of course, she understood the idea of personal space, and wouldn't push people who felt uncomfortable with closeness, but Victoria never understood how a hug could affect one's masculinity. Grayson, though, was not one of these men.

"She kicked you out?" Victoria asked, wondering if the man before her had just been ditched for Christmas. The idea to the American witch was simply unacceptable, and if Grayson told her in the next sentence he would be on his own for Christmas, you could be sure an invite to the Newbury's for Christmas would soon follow.

"Five days, so far. And I have almost covered everything! Or, the biggest monuments, anyway. The Palace is my last stop, as I head home tomorrow to help with the Christmas preparations at home." Victoria explained, excitement clear on her features for both Christmas and her recent visit. "I've also taken time to enjoy the culture during the evening. I wish I'd learned French -- or any language -- though, that would have made things so much easier...

"And you, how long have you been here?"

The confusion on Grayson's features at her question of a phone made the witch pause, curious as to why he would look at her in that manner. After a moment, though, Grayson related his number to her, and Victoria saved it, before sending him a text.

Guess who? Razz

"I figured it would be nice to have some kind of method to talk to one another. You know, in case I find an awesome book and want to discuss, or... I don't know, I head out somewhere and want to show you where I've been. I don't know, friend stuff..." Victoria explained, hoping to cover up the confusion. "I actually went to text you about coming to France, like 'Guess who's finally taking the plunge?' only to realise I didn't have your contact details, a letter wouldn't have the same effect."

Victoria paused, turning in time to see the doors open.

"Oh! They're coming out, the Lord and Lady Clement!" She explained happily, turning to see them. "Did you know that the current Lord Clement was not the heir to the title? He's the second son of the family. But, he's been betrothed to the Lady Clement almost since birth. It's crazy, isn't it? Engagements of mere infants? I thought such things had died out in the middle ages!"

The last was said with a soft laugh, and Victoria looked to the man beside her with a knowing smile. She was quite sure, even from their short meeting, that Grayson would be a man of detail.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm

"Not because she doesn't love me," Grayson amended. "She thought I looked a little restless and told me to take a vacation. I'll be back for Christmas."

He nodded, glad to hear she'd been happy with her trip. "There's quite a lot to see in Paris."

It had taken him nearly a year of living in France before he set foot in the Eiffel Tower, but that was because he tended to avoid the more crowded areas. The tower itself he'd found to be slightly overrated, but he knew that was simply his own preference.

"Have you been to the top of the Montparnasse Tower? It closes at 10:30, but the view at night is gorgeous," he recommended. When he'd left France, he'd spent his final night there, impressing the city lights into his memory.

"French is somewhat difficult, but certainly manageable if you want to learn. Or if you need anyone to translate for you tonight, I could help, though I may be a little rusty."

Having spent several years in West Africa, he'd picked up French out of necessity. When he'd moved to France, he'd had a little trouble at first because the dialect was different, but the mechanics were the same, and he quickly adjusted. He had been fluent at one point, but he hadn't really used it in a couple years, so he hoped he still remembered.

"I've been here for two days now, though I'm also going home tomorrow. I've been looking for a gift to bring back for my mother, but I haven't found anything yet aside from some sweets." She'd asked for strawberry bon bons, so he'd gotten some at a shop along with some chocolates, but he was looking for something more to make up for his absence. Even though she'd insisted on it, he still felt a bit guilty.

Shortly after he gave her is number, his phone buzzed and he looked down at the screen, unlocking it to read her text.

I wonder...

He replied, looking up at her, then saved her contact to his phone.

He chuckled softly as she babbled a bit, glad that she seemed to be clarifying her intentions. Friend stuff. He could handle that. He didn't have too many friends in the UK; it would be nice to be able to talk to someone who lived close to home.

"I'm afraid I don't use my mobile all that often. I never really have a reason to."

He looked up as the doors opened, and smiled when she turned to him excitedly with facts about the Clement family. He had known those things, but there was no need to put a damper on her excitement, so he simply nodded to show his interest.

"The European elite have a thing for tradition," he agreed. "In some areas, the middle ages are still alive and well. Though the Clements are a rare case--their arranged marriage worked out more successfully than most unarranged marriages, which is part of why France loves them so."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 10:27 pm

"That's a relief! I thought you'd been kicked out just before Christmas!" Victoria admitted, her hand moving to her chest to show how mightily relieved she was for hearing that her friend had not had a to do with his mom just before the most magical time of year.

"I haven't been up the Monteparsse Tower..." Victoria admitted softly, looking to Grayson as he explained how that was a beautiful place to go at night time. Victoria could understand that being up high at the night time looking out across the city would definitely have a certain appeal to it. "It looks like you've just given me a very good reason to come back to Paris once more." The witch conspired in that moment, letting out a soft giggle to show that she was kind of joking, but, in reality, the man beside her had just opened a can of worms for Victoria's poor mind that was now berating itself for not having been thorough enough with her planning.

"Translations would be great! And, I will look in to French when I get home." The witch agreed softly, smiling up at Grayson to show her appreciation for the offer to translate for her where it might be necessary.

"Sweets are a good start! Though, you're leaving it very late for Christmas shopping!" Victoria teased the male, though in truth, she was not surprised. Jake was notorious for leaving such things to the last minute for all except the children. The children had inspired him to be a little bit more forthcoming with their presents, at least. "Does your mom like the French fashion, perhaps you could pick something out? Or take her home a number of the local delicacies to enjoy over the Christmas period? Take France home to her, seeing as she isn't here with you."

Hopefully those couple of ideas might help the male before her, but Victoria knew that she was not adept at judging Grayson's mom's needs.

The text that went off in her hand made Victoria smile warmly to herself as she took in Grayson's cheeky response. Her natural instinct when it came to picking out friends was coming up trumps in that moment.

Grayson's addition to her comments made Victoria beam at her friend. He was just as a big a nerd as she was, and she loved that. "I know! Can you imagine, not only that you get told who you're going to marry, which I bet is absolutely terrifying to say the least. But you actually manage to somehow fall in love with that person, too? I cannot think of anything so... old school that still manages to be alive today...

"Have you seen the pictures of the wedding, though?" Victoria asked, quickly getting her phone back out and searching the images of the Lord and Lady Clement on their wedding day, before handing the phone to Grayson to see. "The Lady Clement is so beautiful, isn't she? She looked absolutely gorgeous on her wedding day. I can only hope I look half as beautiful on my own wedding day.

"And, look-" Victoria leaned up, moving the photo so that the Lord Clement could be seen. "He's actually crying with happiness. I never thought you'd see that in people like them." Victoria admitted, letting Grayson finish looking before she took her phone back.

"Can you see them yet?" Victoria asked, standing up on tippy toes to try to see better.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 11:49 am

Sierra was walking away from Victoria when she heard the familiar voice there now. She looked at the person and smiled there now. It was Artemis, her date basically for tonight's event. Even yeah she knew there were her as friends for sure. All she knew that they would spend some time together here today. She really wasn't sure how this night will go.

"Oh, thank you. You don't look so bad yourself, Artemis," she said back with a smile now. She really did mean it and she hoped things would go good things evening. She knew that she would love to spend time with him here. She knew that some point they would probably have to find his daughter Lilac who she had seen earlier somewhere.

"Oh, I saw your daughter here earlier somewhere. I didn't really talk to her but she was talking with someone. Not sure where she did go now," she said there now to him. She had lost sight of her when she was talking with Victoria over there but she knew they would eventually find her again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 11:28 am

"Well, there's still time..." Grayson said, glancing at his watch. "If you wanted to leave a little early and come back. I'd go with you." He wasn't sure why, but he wanted to see her face when she got her first glimpse of the view. It was something special to him; it would be nice to share it with someone.

Grayson inclined his head when she mentioned it was a little late for Christmas shopping. "I know. Well, I've done most of it already, it's just this trip was a bit spur-of-the-moment, and I didn't think it would be right to come to France and not bring anything back, so I'm looking for one last thing."

He nodded at her suggestions. His mother, unlike his father and himself, tended to live humbly. She never got quite comfortable accepting expensive gifts, nor did she appreciate unnecessary glitz and glam. His presents to her had to be meaningful and practical. Take France home to her... an idea started to form. He hoped he'd be able to gather everything by the time he left the following afternoon.

"Thank you," he said to Victoria. "That's actually very helpful."

He shook his head as Victoria spoke about arranged marriages. He couldn't imagine it. Well, he could, but it wasn't a nice thought. Not for the first time, he found himself actually glad that his side of the family had lost its elite status. Otherwise, he might have been tied to some poor rich woman a long time ago, which would have been incredibly unfair to her considering...well. If his father hadn't already disgraced the family, Grayson certainly would have.

Grayson accepted Victoria's phone, studying the images of the wedding with a slight smile. "Indeed," he agreed with her comments.

"I can only hope I look half as beautiful on my own wedding day."

"I'm sure you will. So long as you marry someone who makes you happy."

He nodded as she pointed out the tears in Louis Clement's eyes. "They certainly are a rare couple."

He handed her phone back to her and craned his head a little to see over the crowd. He wasn't the tallest of men, but he was still taller than Victoria. He could see something--not the Clements themselves, but the crowd moving around them.

"They're coming this way, you should be able to see them soon," he said to Victoria.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 1:29 pm

The offer presented to Victoria to head off to the Tower with Grayson and then come back to the Palace afterwards was one Victoria considered -- and if he were watching, it would be clear to see that Victoria was struggling to decide which was she might like to go forth with this. She wanted to be at the Palace, but the offer was just so... tempting...

A pause, just one more...

"I would love to, if you're okay with skipping out, momentarily?" Victoria replied, not wanting to pass up on an opportunity. Yes, the Clements might be heading out soon, and Victoria would have liked to try to get a photo with them -- or at least in the same shot as herself -- but the Clements would be here next year. When was she going to definitely get the opportunity to spend time with Grayson in France again? She couldn't be sure.

"Well, if they don't make me happy, why in Merlin's name would I marry them?" Victoria asked with a soft giggle. The idea Grayson had presented was pretty ludicrous, and the lawyer couldn't help but laugh at it. No, when she got married, it was going to be to the person who made her the happiest witch in the world, but also the person she made incredibly happy, too.

"I can't see..." Victoria admitted, but the crowd before them were pushing forth, after the Clements as they turned off towards another area. "Never mind. I'll see them next year maybe." Victoria said, accepting of the fact not everything would go exactly as she wanted.

"Shall we? We should hopefully be back for the fireworks, then." Victoria finalised, waiting for Grayson to say he was still happy to head to the Tower.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 10:06 pm

"Of course," Grayson replied. He had wanted to stop by the tower himself at some point anyway, and now that he had the chance to go wtih someone else, he couldn't think of a better opportunity.

"As long as you're sure," he added. It did look as if Victoria had struggled a bit with the decision--she seemed quite excited to see the Clements, and Grayson didn't want to take that opportunity away from her if she wasn't absolutely certain.

"You'd be surprised," he said in regards to her comment about marriage. He'd seen some of his close friends' marriages fall apart, and he knew it wasn't uncommon. "That's a good attitude to have though. Never settle for anything less."

As the crowd shifted, reflecting the Clements' movement away from them, Grayson turned to Victoria, hoping she wasn't too disappointed. She seemed to be the type to make the best of the situation though, and she shrugged it off, suggesting they head towards the tower instead.

"Sure," he agreed. "It's about half an hour from here by car. It may be best to just find a place away from the crowd and apparate the rest of the way. The fireworks are already starting, but they'll still be going on by the time we get back. We might even be able to see them from the tower."

He held his arm out for Victoria as they began to move away from the crowd and off the palace grounds.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Artemis was glad that he was going to get to spend the night with Sierra. As she was his date for tonight’s event. It didn’t matter that they were just friends. At least he knew that he wouldn’t have to be there alone. As he knew that Lilac would be running around. Keeping up with the girl was sometimes hard work.

He then made sure to tell her that she looked good. Actually she looked amazing in his eyes. But he was going to keep that one to himself. Hopefully the evening would go well and smooth. At some point in the evening, he would have to go find Lilac.

“ I am sure that Lilac is somewhere.” He knew that the girl would not stand it one spot for too long. And he knew that he would bump into her sometime. Now he was going to focus on spending time with Sierra. “ It seems like I am yours this evening.”
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Having a date for this ball was something new for Sierra since she usually came here alone. Even yeah she knew that for not she and Artemis were her as friends. She knew that she loved to spend time with him actually. Even if they don't know each other very well yet but they are getting there now.

She knew that she wouldn't really want anyone else as her date right now for this evening. Then again Sierra barely knows people from opposite gender who could come here with her. She doesn't have that many friends and having friend like Artemis can be a good thing for sure.

"She is somewhere yeah. Like I said we will find her some point awhile being here. She is somewhere in the crowd," she said with a small smile there now. "Well seems like you are. Not sure what we supposed to do now. Never really before came here with someone as date, well friends," she had to stay there out. She couldn't really suggest something to do when she wasn't really sure. "You wanna get something to drink first or we do something else?" she asked there now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)   The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Clement Christmas Ball (Open to All)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next