Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 4:08 pm

“Ye boy I remember her......sorry what came after again!”

"Nah," Jackson waved away the condolences casually. "I don't care about that, my biggest worry was it'd spoil things with me and her dad. Luckily Michael doesn't believe in no friends or enemies when it comes to work." Jackson would let it go at that, receiving the punch on the arm affectionately. The man had to work hard not to wince, Bo might look large from the onset but there was fair power behind the move, leading Jackson to conclude a fair amount of muscle accompanied said girth.

The man's face turned serious when the wards went up, the charm Jackson was familiar without because his own guard had been equipped with the spell when he was representing US interests at the ICWW three years ago. Not only would the force field trap any sounds inside it but it would also hamper with communication devices during its short life.

"I figured it was summat' like that," the politician admitted, staring straight ahead just in case they were in the eyeline of something. "I mean, isn't like you to up and leave without droppin' by first. Well that and I don't believe for a second they let you go dishonourable like. And Merida swore up and down that you'd rather shoot dead yourself than push paper all day for a livin." His mother had indeed become surprisingly fond of Bo, and had been perhaps the most shocked at the news that he had decided to immigrate to the UK.

"So, what they got you up to this time huh?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 4:44 pm

“She ain’t wrong. Them pistols looking real friendly after sum budget plannin, and if I blow my nose to hard I might have shit come out.” He would say shacking his head at the thoughts of the brown nosing and sucking up he’d done so far. It wasn’t hard to not care about the department and send out a lot of the money his department brought in, when it was far from his purpose. Around them the gold flecks started to swirl, and then suddenly changed directions to swirl in the opposite direction. The spell modified from the official version.

“You know I can’t tell you it all. But I’ll tell you some. Jus make sure it goes to nobody, even any purty ladies that you think will keep it to themselves.” He would say looking seriously for the first time at Jackson. Once he got confirmation he’d sigh, and take a deep breath of the cigar that shortened its life exceptionally. “Wish you were part of it. Not many are. Surely you heard of all Frances shit, country full of pussies. You’d think loosin all them Wars would teach them to stay quite”. He would have true dislike in his voice. The thought of exposing wizards had disgusted him from the beginning. He had seen war, he had seen what little things would cause two brothers to see blood, and magic was no little thing.

“Anyhow, my job is to be in the ministry, work there be solid. Keep an inside eye on the situation.” There was more to it to say the least. High profile targets he had to be able to get close to, and he assumed there’d be more to it in the long run. Already the gold flecks would turn the other way and start to shred. The more powerful spell clearly had a shorter duration.

“This spotll do.” He’d say looking into the woods.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 pm

"Relax, can't tell no one if I wanted to," the politician would shake the notion off, dismissing the thought of telling Tessa even before it had materialized in his head. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't understand the complexity behind the issue. And she had a kid that Jackson refused to put in danger from all these shenanigans. The only other person he would consider telling was the goblin and her getting hurt was a worse idea than Dominique. "Pretty ladies in short supply round these parts, I think I hired 'em all."

Though by the time the information was revealed, Jackson had guessed as much. It was goo of Bo to confirm his suspicions and fill in the details. 'Make's sense," he agreed. "Magical Congress been all up in arms about it. Those French bastards don't play fair, they downright bought that vote." Jackson still remembered the initial summit results, and how half of Europe had been against abashing the statute, until suddenly the King and Queen of France went on their second honeymoon and started buying up countries' debts like it was going out of style.

"Now lo and behold, everyone hasta fall in line with the pricks and we're left on our own fightin' the good fight. They call us alienatin', we're the only ones who understands you don't play with the order of things." Should Bo looked surprised at Jackson's passionate declaration, the older male would simply hold his head higher.

"Hey, I'm a politician, just cause I can't say my opinions out loud don't mean I don't have none."

Presently, the spell dispersed, bringing the outside sounds back in. It had been a while since Jackson had been in the honest to god woods and it felt a bit like coming home. "So, how you wanna go about it?" he asked, climbing out of the trunk and moving towards the back to let Hank out too. Poor pooch had probably been cooped up long enough. "Setup camp first or just sling our rifle and rough it?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 pm

“I’m an old man Jackson, we ain’t got time to set up camp.” Bo would say as they got out of the truck. With a movement unexpected from the bigger man he hit Jackson in the chest with a spell. A wet all be it warm feeling would cover him as Bo did the same to himself. Clothes would morph to camouflage with the environment until they perfectly resembled something you’d buy out at the Bass Pro.

Walking around back he’d hit the truck bed and toss Jackson his rifle, along with a box of shells. As for himself he picked up a smooth all be it worn shotgun. Pulling the pump back he’d load it with the slugs. “Let’s try and find us jus one. Ain’t tryin to feed an army after all.” He would say. Reaching in He’d also go ahead and grab a thing of rope and a golf ball. “Silencio”. He’d say pointing at hank who would suddenly become nearly silent as he moved around the brush. “Only way to shut him up.” Bo’s gruff voice would say as he started to trudge into the woods.

A spell here and there would help them track down a doe. He’d pat Jackson quietly giving him the opportunity. “You could use it more than me....”. He’d say whispering in the brush.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 6:32 pm

“I’m an old man Jackson, we ain’t got time to set up camp.”

Jackson laughed good naturally as their gear was transformed. "Jesus Bo, leave a man some room to breathe yeah?" he chuckled and was unceremoniously tossed the Remington for his efforts. Catching the rifle expertly, Jackson took note of the flimsy safety on it. The one he had at home was fitted out with an additional three level safety, or as his fronds more fondly called it, "the pussyfied model". Sliding his fingers into the floor play, the man noted immediately that the firing chamber was empty, which explained the shells tossed his way next. Another prod showed the magazine was full with the four bullets.

"But speaking of havin' no time, how long you here for?" the younger wizard asked as they began their track, Hank now barking noiselessly by their side and scampering on ahead some. Hunting with hounds may not be as deficient as with the new devices but damn it if it didn't feel like a million bucks.

"If it's just to sort out all the inheritance stuff, I could help out," he whispered as they ventured forth. "Got a real good lawyer at my office, she's a whiz at literally everything, she can do your papers up real nice in less time than it takes for a flea to settle on Ol' Hank."

Giving the former soldier time to consider, Jackson kept his eyes on the groves ahead. they were nearing decent game according to their tracking spells and sure enough, he saw a flash presently through the trees. With the go ahead from Bo, Jackson cocked his rifle, aligning it straight over yonder with his fingers firmly on the slim body to support the kickback from the bolt action. A sharp sound emitted, the bullet finding its mark.

On the doe's right hind.

"Fuck," the politician muttered. 'Was aiming for the throat." There was no point in causing unnecessary pain. Quickly prepping the rifle once more, the man let out two more shots, one catching the now injured animal in the middle and the second on it's neck. the doe would be dead in seconds.

"Let's just hope she wasn't carrying," he muttered as Hank ran ahead, silently overjoyed at the kill.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 7:46 pm

“I hope you take the kill shot with yer opponents a little better than that there.” Bo would say standing up from the brush and walking ore brazenly towards the now dead doe. Looking at her he’d see a decent height, the deer were well found round this way. Kneeling down he’d hoist the beast up and move her to a couple nearby trees. Tying off the rope he’d get out the golf ball, pulling the flesh taught.

In a trick his grandpappy had taught him he’d place the golf ball near the shoulder blades and tie the rope off just right, pulling the skin right across the body before removing a large knife from his back. Dipping the knife in he’d process to gut and skin the beast. As he pulled fine pieces of meat off he’d vanish them into a cooler that resided in the bed of the truck. Whistling while he worked he left some of this moment with silence, appreciating the life that was gone in front of him.

“Tell you what Jackson, I got about a week and a half in the states till I’m flying back. Anything I can do fer ya while I’m here? Anything? I appreciate the lawyer offer, but not needed. I got it, I’d rather do somethin than take.” He would ask looking up his hands still slick and red. Taking favors had never been a strong suit.

Taking the skin he’d leave the innards for the scavengers of the forest. “Well, lets get going back, you said this gal can cook? Cause I’m hungrier than a bear wakin up in spring, fuckin wasting away over here.” He’d laugh clapping his belly which showed the contrary. If there wasn’t anything else Jackson had to say or neeedes they’d work their way towards the truck and then to a well earned meal.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 11:15 am

"We ain't allowed to take kills hots anymore," Jackson replied with a note of derision in his tone. "You know how it is these days, specially running against women. Can't say one word without it comin' off as sexist or racist or homophobic Jesus." It felt good to say it out loud. Victoria and Mac had been firm in how "nice" this campaign would have to be in order to not give the opposition any ammunition and most days, the man could feel his balls shrinking. The hunting trip could not have been better timed if he and Bo had planned it.

As the duo cut out the meatier parts, Jackson letting Bo do most of the work as he considered letting his old friend in on the problem. In the old days, the politician wouldn't have hesitated. Heck he wouldn't have hesitated now if the story didn't simply implicate him. But the man felt duty bound to protect he third party here.

"As it happens, i do have a problem that could benefit form 'nother set of eyes," he began as they started on their hike back towards the truck. They had enough meat to feed a army and the cooking was no issue. Now was as good a time as any to talk with no one but the trees to bear witness.

"So remember how you reckon' Judy Bloomberg done her husband near in for the votes?" he started, slowing his pace slight and allowing Bo to shorten his strides. This sort of thing was discussed under cover of green. "Well, I'd have been right there with ya on that assumption except... I did it, not her." This would hopefully make Bo pull up short, giving the younger wizard an opportunity to explain the matter fully.

"Wyatt Jameson, real bastard that one. We were at his wedding because Judy thought it would be a hoot to invite me to her nuptials, rub it in how far up she was marryin'. But I showed up, you know good for the papers. Right after the ceremony, I found the cock sucker on one my girls." Even months later, the image of Victoria pinned against the wall made the politician shudder, not in fear but with rage. It had taken seem time for Jackson to make peace with the fact that he would never regret what he did. That if he'd been given the chance, the man would be six feet under and not in a hospital only a few miles away.

'I would have killed him if I hadn't had to take my girl to the hospital, son of a bitch only landed in a coma. Thing is, I know what got him there, but I don't know if Judy does. The way she jumped on the situation is mighty suspicious like... And it's been a couple months and he hasn't gotten up yet... With the elections so close, I need to know what they know. Any way you can lend your experties to that affect?'

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Stopping and listening to the ramblin man that Jackson had become, Bo would find himself lighting up another cigar. It was a story that was deserving of a smoke, that much came apparent real quick. He’d allow Jackson to finish the story in the full heat of the memory. Overall, it didn’t illicit much emotion in the larger man. He’d seen and done a lot in his life, and it sounded to him that his friend had reacted in an appropriate, yet sloppy manner. Taking a deep breath, he’d exhale a plum of smoke and drop the carcass.

“Ye, I can fix yer problem ther Jackson. I can find what’s known if that’s what you want.” He’d look into his friends eyes and wonder if there was anything else. “Count this as a last favor. I ain’t comin back for sometime” if ever, he added mentally knowing what his real missions was, “So spill it, an don’t hold back. You want the problem gone, or you just want the info.” His voice was lower, and even more full of gravel.

He’d do a lot for his friend, and this might be the last chance he got. If the story was true, he wouldn’t have any regrets in doing more than some scoutin.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 8:38 am

In the end, it wasn't as difficult as Jackson thought it would be, revealing the truth to Bo. It was a mark of their friendship that o matter how much time they spent apart, they went back to being themselves when reunited. the taller man didn't judge, he offered to help.

"Information first, could be more valuable in the coming race," the politician confirmed. He had no doubt Bo would actually take care of the bastard if Jackson asked, but was not what the man needed right now. The immediate problem was Judith and she needed to be defeated, that was the only short term goal he and his office had been working towards and Jackson wasn't about to get distracted.

Besides, if anyone was going to kill Wyatt Jameson, it was going to be Jackson Blake.

Having expressed the wish, he didn't provide details. The lesser he knew, the better. Together, the two men returned to the truck, the conversation now taking a more convivial turn. Eventually they'd arrive at the big house and the meat at the back would be unloaded, cooked and eaten. And for one night, Jackson would get a reprieve from work as he and Bo chatted of better times around a merry fire.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2