Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) Empty
PostSubject: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 1:41 am

When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) 1375059318a298b782
Jackson Blake

"And that," Jackson finished the statement, his eyes directly on the tiny balding man who had somehow found the courage to stand up and ask his question. "Is the America I believe in, the America I will fight for. Thank you for your question Sir, I wish we got all of 'em that good." The folksy addition that had tested so well on tour across Wisconsin had the desired affect, a light round of chuckles all over before Jackson glanced over to Mackenzie stage left keeping time.

"What do yous say Mac, we got time for one more?" the short haired brunette only nodded, making Jackson direct his attention back to the audience.

Over the last four months, the wizard had been constantly on the move. At first it was the publicity tour post being left at the altar. Apparently sad almost grooms made for great television, even if they were republicans. Then it had been campaign tours on which Jackson had to bring along half his staff. Over a month of sleeping on a bus had really messed up his back despite the bed magicked in the back and then the flurry of Town Halls had started. Thankfully he was now back on home ground this would be the last for the next fortnight and the second last before the big debate in October. How May had turned into September, Jackson handn't even realized, the passage of time marked by the amount of chill he felt in the air from his high office and stolen moments with Tessa that were literally two few and far in between.

But that was the life he had chosen, and he had to double down on it right with Judy Bloomberg/The Widow Jameson campaigning just as hard. Just as his own runaway bride sob story never got old, neither did her husband in a coma story. Still, donatiosn were coming into his side, slowly but surely. Party support was a bitch in these times but it was one he had tried to tame again and again. This time though...

"Senator, you're notorious for only hiring women on your staff. in fact, a report from your office last quarter stated that you turned down fifteen male applicants for fifteen female ones. 98% of your state level appointees or endorsed offices are also women. Could it be said that you're trying too hard to avoid the traditional sexist label that you're actually being unfair to qualified men?"

The wizard grabbed his microphone once more, having forgone the option of a wearable device for these affairs because the mic looked better in his hand as per test audience's feedback. "Hi there Lindsay, Pink Journal, WI right?" he asked without really having to. Victoria had made sure he was prepped for the press that was following him.

"First I wanna thank you for comin' out here when there are so many other important things to do. We sure appreciate it. Can we get a round for Lindsey here, everyone?" A polite if perfunctory round of applause followed, showing that the crowd had little to no interest in this line of questioning. But those were the times, now you had to create fucking safe spaces for everyone.

"So, on to your question, we at the Blake administration hire people who are uniquely qualified to do the job. The fifteen candidates you're talking about, I didn't even meet over half of them because they never made it to that stage of the interview. HR got to them first and decided that their prospects lay elsewhere. Now as to the second part of your question. Why we just happen to end up with more women than men, its that unique qualification that I'm going to clarify..." The man looked at his watch, before looking to Lindsay once more with a charming smile. "Right now Ma'am."

Turning towards Mac once more on stage left, and Victoria behind the curtain who couldn't be seen, Jackson called out. "Mackenzie, Victoria, would you please do me the honor of comin' out here?" It took a moment but soon, both women were on stage beside him, different levels of smiles on their faces.

"Thank you ladies. Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to two of the hardest workin' women at our offices. They come in early, they stay way too late, they do three people worth of jobs and they do it all unasked because they feel comitted to our cause. My people and I, we don't work for a salary, we work for the American people, and we give it a hundred and fifty percent for y'all. So when we find a candidate who is capable of that, we hire 'em. Now why those candidates are women more omen than not is an issue Lindsay can explain to us better I bet, since she's part of a woman owned and run publication."

A hearty round of applause followed the answer, allowing the two women on stage to gracefully return to their posts, Mac tapping her watch discretely in an effort to inform the man to wrap up the question.

"The commitment our campaign delivers is not unique, in fact it's the commitment we've seen all over America, from our mothers, our sisters, our wives and girlfriends." Here, the man paused, the picture of a person who had just realized he'd made a faux pas. "Well, maybe not my ex... But you get the drill. America's strength are her men, but her strength are also her women. And its about time we acknowledge that."

The crowd broke into a round of exuberant applause just as Mac signaled times up.

"Well folks, it's been great talking to you all, and if there's one thing I leave you with, it's that my offices are always open to my constituents. I ran and won last time on the promise that your voices will be heard and I'll continue to hear them for as long as you allow me to do so. Good night and God bless."

Last edited by Mimosa Harrington on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Standing near the back Bo watched his old friend spin his yarn. There were some eye rolls, he took one smoke break, and chuckled at parts that were only funny to him. He’d picked that accent up at the local Goodwill, and he shoulda done left it there. Politics was far from his favorite subject, and all this BS would keep the field behind them full of crops for years to come.

There were people who moved easily through crowds, of people who could still find a way to go silent. That was not Bo, and he embraced it. Clearing the crowd standing a good head over most people he established himself in the back, and waited. He’d received an invitation to visit his friend at one of these affairs, and without letting him know he’d decided to take him up on it. He’d been in the states anyway selling the rest of his land, and wrapping up all the loose ends he had. Reaching into his back pocket he pulled out a can and placed a pinch in his lip. Feeling and tasting the tabacca.

Outside the building he leaned against the building in the door He would surely leave from, intermittently spitting the juice in the ground. Almost in que as he spat, a lady walked out, recognizing her from one on the stage he would speak startling her. “Ma’am, is he gonna take all damn day?” He doubted she’d seen him from where he stood when she vacated the doorway
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 11:39 am

As soon as the show was over, the folksy accent dropped, Jackson retreating backstage to the girls for a preliminary intake of his performance. The official poll numbers would be out tomorrow but everyone seem to be in agreement that he'd done a good enough job.

He was leading Judy Bloomberg by a point or two, but polls were historically always wrong anyway.

"Maggie, any wildcards tonight?' he asked as Victoria handed him his blazer. the man was almost freezing at this point but thorough testing had shown that he looked better in just a dress shirt and loose tie up on stage, with sleeves rolled up to his elbow to affect the casual, relocatable look.

"No but Tamra is still going over the stenographer's notes. We'll have more by tomorrow."

"Victoria, what do we have for tonight?" Jackson asked, now fully covered in his jacket and rubbing his hands together to warm up. Distinctly, he felt the slight warming charm worked into his clothes by the little goblin take affect, making him sigh happily.

"Nothing actually, we can pack up and go home," the legal aide informed him, further improving his mood. In under twenty minutes, everyone was packed with Mackenzie leading the group heading out, carrying various files in her hand. Right behind her, Jackson followed with Victoria and trailing them, Maggie, Kendra, Tamra and Sloan. Town Halls on home turf were fun that way, everyone from the office got involved.

"So kiddo, what say we visit those poor children at the ball pits tonight, we owe it to them to grab some pizza no?" Jackson joked as they headed out the door, only to stop in his tracks when he heard Mackenzie let out a small scream.

Automatically reaching out a hand to halt Victoria and the others in their progress, Jackson existed the door after Mac who stood over a pile of toppled paperwork. Jackson's attention wasn't on her though, it was on the sight that had mad her scream.

"Jesus Bo, stop lurking around scaring girls, willya?" he exclaimed, bending down to help Mac gather up her paperwork. "Though I can understand why she screamed, not all of us are blessed with good looks eh?" Mackenzie seemed to have come around by then, she even managed a small smile and a hello.

A moment later, the rest of the girls were out and Jackson was handing the gathered papers back to the woman who had dropped them. "Ladies, it's my pleasure to introduce my good firmed, Bo Miller. Bo, these are the ladies that make me look good. Mackenzie McHale, Victoria Newbury, Sloan Sabbith," the names continued out of polite courtesy rather than an expectation of him remembering them.

"So what brings you to town?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyMon Jul 08, 2019 4:29 pm

“That’s truer than the shit you handed out up there.” Bo would say unhitching himself from leaning on the building, “but I don’t blame you fer being less purtty than me.” He’d reach out and grab Jackson’s hand gruff and rough just for the fun of it.

“Gals you got your work cut out for you.” He would say tipping his hat to each of the women in turn. “Just thought I’d see who was leading this fine country, least on this side of it all. Some things never change though I guess, Cept that awful accent.” Bo would laugh and clap Jackson on his back rather roughly. “Sides that, sure yer heads my folks ain’t with us no more. Finishin that there estate sale and pickin up rest of my inheritance.”

He would wait and see what Jackson had to say. He was unsure on wether His old friend had heard or not. The funeral had been as low as a snakes belly the way they’d have wanted if. “Why don’t you stop being a stiff fer a minute and I’ll show you what I got”. He’d say with a wink and a gesture with his thumb at an old beat up truck sitting in the lot. It potentially had more rust in it than the nails in the fence posts. Dings littered the frame, and a spiderweb crack splintered out from the bottom passenger front window. “Can get a couple brews at this hole up the road. Ladies are more than welcome, I reckon they could use real southern hospitality, an not the lemon yer sellin.”
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Bo's gruff movements were more than welcomed, and equally returned as Jackson bear hugged the man hard. It had been a while since he'd seen his old friend, and now it felt like it had been longer than even that.

At the news of the cowboy's parents passing though, the grin wiped itself off Jackson's face. "Real sorry to hear that," he responded sincerely. "Hank and Betty were good solid folk, I still remember her pies, I don't suppose she left you the recipe?' Turning to his staff, he explained "Bo's mother was a breath of fresh air after living off of Merida's pop tarts for months. I didn't see her and Hank as much as I wanted to but she always sent some little bit along with Bo to make sure we didn't starve."

When the southerner offered to go out for rinks, Jackson's face split into a grin once more. Everyone knew the politician didn't go near alcohol, and the code still worked. "Sorry, can't expose the ladies to you for too long, workplace ethics and all. Mac, could you please give Victoria a ride home on your way back? And then have my car dropped at my place? You can ask George, he'll help. I'll take Mr. Miller here up on his offer."

Once they'd made sure all the girls were safely on their way, Jackson turned to the friendly giant beside him. "So, ammo's in the trunk is my guess? Got anything good you hairy bastard?" Despite the gruff tone, it was plain to see the politician was happy to see this particular visitor.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Waving as the ladies left, just after tipping his hot he’d turn back to Jackson. “Fuckin course it is, why else I’d hike my fat ass all the way up here.” Bo would say drawing a cigar from his pocket and Lightning it. He would offer Jackson one as well. “Cubans, real damn good, got a guy who gets me um. I know it prob ain’t good fer American statesman to partake.....but what the hell I fight fer if I can’t.” He’d say laughing and pounding a fist into his chest. Jackson would know it to be a place of a large scar, he’d received during his tours of duty.

Regardless of Jackson taking the cigar, he’d lead him over to his beat up truck. Pulling the handle and dropping the tail, he’d push up on the bed cover. Inside was a small arsenal that they could take on a militia with. “I done sold most of the stuff. Kept some pictures, but I ain’t got no use fer that China and wood chairs. Shit had termites anyhow. This though, couldn’t let all this go.” He would say allowing his friend to reach in and take his pic. “I got a place fer us to venture. Just up to ya whatcher poison is.” He would allow him several moments to look through. In the back there was little chance of anyone to stumble upon them.

“Damn nearly fergot.” He’d say reaching to his hip and placing a large revolver on the bed. “Older than dirt, dragoon revolver. Paps pride and joy.” The older handgun would sit and had clearly been polished up.

In addition to the arsenal of a dozen or so guns of different types, there was three fishing poles, a hatchet, several photo albums, a dog bowl, half a bag of dog food, duck calls, and floating in a protective charm was half a dozen precious moment figurines that had been Bo’s moms once displayed in a rickety China cabinet. Just as Jackson would finish looking a deep bark could be heard as a dark mass jumped from an open window in the back of the truck. The mass would launch into the wizard, as Bo yelled “Hank god damnt calm down.” The blue tick coon hound would immediately attack Jackson’s face with the most savage of tongue lashings.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 6:54 pm

"Cuban you say, now I gotta test these for authenticity," Jackson only half joked, accepting the preferred cigar and waiting for Bo to light it up. Jackson had never really been a smoker, and his days of guzzling alcohol were long done. The combination presented for the clean cut politician he aimed for but every man needed a vice now and then. And Bo was usually the right man to provide him with a few.

At the confirmation that this friend was indeed packing, Jackson walked over to the truck, letting out a low whistle as the stash was revealed. the collection Bo lugged around ranged from harmless little pistols to semi automatic weapons that wouldn't go amiss at a military base. To think all that had been hidden away on the Miller's farm... Buried treasure indeed.

"That one's beautiful, no shame'n admitting that," the raven haired wizard confirmed, taking Hank's old weapon and weighing it nice like in his hands. "Your Pops knew his stuff, I'd give a right arm and a leg for one of these." Handing the gun back to Bo, Jackson surveyed the haul once more, his eyes coming to rest on a familiar form.

"Ya mind?" he asked, not waiting for an answer as he reached for the old faithful, a Remington 783 already kitted out with a scope and harness sling. "That's my lady of the evening. Bet we can get some decent deer out there. And hey, if we're lucky a bear might maul you over." Just as he said the words, a scruffy bag of fur launched itself at him, licking his face black and blue.

"Aww Hank, its good to see you too buddy! Oh you agree with me, don't you? I bear mauling will improve Bo's features yeah? Who's a good boy?" Reaching for the half empty bag of treats, Jackson let one slip in between Hank's teeth, earning another around of approving barks and slobbering.

Once the excited dog had been bribed with more treats to calm down, the two men climbed into the truck, Bo charting the route to the nearest woods where they could go and hunt in peace. Of all the exerting activities Jackson indulged in, hunting had been pretty much forgotten over the last few years. it didn't help that Victoria had no interest in guns, she was even too terrified to sue one to protect herself and so Jackson had somehow found himself avoiding even his own private stash. Well Victoria and the constant stupid debate around gun violence that got everyone so riled up.

"So, how're they treating you on the other side of the pond? A Ministry job after the military, so you now take down papers instead of the enemy, Bo-Man?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 8:08 pm

“Now ya realize why they didn’t have no money. An obsession ain’t to good for the wallet.” Bo would say taking the gun from Jackson and replacing it on the bed. “Some of um are mine. Ain’t to proud to say I duplicated a few items when I was gettin the discharge. Seemed a waste not to take a souvenir for years a service.” He’d laugh at his own joke.

“We can try our hand at huntin. I ain’t got the normal supplies, but we can do it wizard style I reckon.” He’d throw up the tailbed and give a high pitch whistle and point. To which Hank ignored. Throwing a treat through a window the dog would rush to track it down. “Damn dog...”. He’d mutter under his breath as he got in. Having to duck he’d sit down heavily on the old seats and slam the door shut, the o my way to make the latch engage. The seats where heavy worn. And the inner cab was Smokey at best. Cranking the engine the truck would reluctantly start, and Bo would throw it into gear with the rust shifter.

“An by the by, ain’t no bear maulin me. I could take a bite outta him.” As he said that he’d play with the radio until he found a blue grass station near the begging of the dial. He’d mention the rest of the dealings and the contractors that had bought up the land to turn it into a warehouse or something of that sort according to him. They’d paid handsomely though. “Shit....to much paper. And the politics are more drainin than a sewer grate.” He would say scoffing and dusting the cigar out the window before replacing it and taking another deep puff. “Some gal thinks she’s harvest queen jus cause her beau is president or minister whatever they call it o’er there.” The thought of Gosh darn caused him to roll his eyes far away from her sight.

“Still get to beat up some baddies at times. Work in some drug enforcement and illicit mage goods. Fair fun but it ain’t the same.” He would say side eyeing Jackson. Fully stocked with his memories since his return he wondered how much he could say to his friend. He wanted to talk about why he’d actually left the state, but his orders were strict. Mulling it over in his mind he’d ask “so how’s your polliticin goin? Still why you want to do, surely ya could find somethin useful to do.” He’d jeer.

The road ahead got tougher and rough as they left the small town. He’d used an ancient gps to help find a place, and they’d be there soon as he drove quickly down the road, the truck creaking with every bump.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 11:20 am

"Wizard's style's fine," Jackson agreed as they climbed into the truck that had certainly seen better days. The man wondered if the vessel transporting them now was held together only by rust or magic, probably a bit of both knowing Bo. "So long as we get something for Victoria to cook," he added almost absentmindedly. Of course in the event they did kill anything, there really was no other option in his mind.

It was only when they were nice and seated, jostling along the road to the tune of Blue Moon of Kentucky with Hank's occasional chiming in that Bo got to the real talking. The man's admittance that he still got to round of bad guys came with a sense of gruff pride to Jackson's ears and he wasn't surprised. The raven haired politician chortled at the Harvest Queen, nodding sympathetically. "Yeah, we got one of those too, but our's home grown."

Giving it a minute, he added. 'Remember Judy Bloomberg, we were dating back when I was still in college and workin' with her dad? She was the thing wrapped 'round my arm first time we met at the fundraiser?" Should Bo nod Jackson would continue. "She gone up and married a man older than her father, real big politician 'round these parts. Thing is, now he's in a coma and she's running against me to replace his seat. Really getting that poor helpless near widow vote."

The tune on the radio changed as the greenery flew by, Jackson contemplating each question carefully before answering. "I dunno man, it pays the bills," he admitted, adding a little more sincerely "And then some." There was no point pretending there wasn't any money in what Jackson did. the craploads of funding from Fox proved otherwise.

"But I guess I'm still gonna keep on keepin' on because I still believe the old Poli-Ticks can do some good. I mean, what about you? Why you gotta haul your ass all the way to England when there's a perfectly fucked up place right here for you to fix?"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 2:10 pm

“Ye boy I remember her......sorry what came after again!” Bo would say laughing as the two reminisced on Trists of the past and pains of the present. “Shit Id bet in the horse that says she done laid him in that there coma. That sympathy fer the devil hard to beat though.” He would say thinking.

He’d listen to Jackson mention his pay, and Bo gave a loud wolf whistle at it. Truth was they lived different lives, though with this latest land sell he was experiencing a touch of it anyway. “It ya say so. I don’t think the lot of you do a lick fer nobody. But ya try so hard,” He punctuate his point with a punch to Jackson’s arm, the truck swerving as he did. Pulling it back between the. Lines he’d once again side eye Jackson. His face would pull to a frown as he contemplated how much to say.

“It ain’t my firs choice that much is true....”. He would look at Jackson as he pulled off the road and threw the machine into park. Reaching to his hip he’d pull his wand from his custom holster and give it a silent wave. A golden dust would seem to exude and cover the outside of the truck the sounds of the road and wild life completely gone. “Orders are orders though, an come on. You think I’d leave the Stars and Stripes fer a lil green and some fancy accent broads. You know me better than that.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)   When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo) Empty

Back to top Go down

When the evening shadows and the stars appear (Bo)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next