Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Look at these phtograhs ( One shot)
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Emptyby Tessa Greene Today at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Empty
PostSubject: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 2:55 pm

QUIDDITCH

We love it, our enemies despise it and most of us generally kick butt at it! This topic will record all victories and losses for the academic year 2026/2027. Below is the table set for each match and team. Stay tuned to see who wins eternal (yearly) glory and tastes bitter (temporary) defeat on the pitch!

Team NumberHouse
1Gryffindor
2Slytherin
3Hufflepuff
4Ravenclaw

Month'A' Teamvs'B' Team
Second/Third Weekend of NovemberTeam OnevsTeam Two
Third/Fourth Weekend of NovemberTeam ThreevsTeam Four
Third/Fourth Weekend of FebruaryTeam FourvsTeam Two
First/Second Weekend of MarchTeam OnevsTeam Three
First/Second Weekend of MayTeam ThreevsTeam Two
Third/Fourth Weekend of MayTeam OnevsTeam Four

With that out of the way, I want a nice, clean game. *pointed look* From all of you!

*Note, this s simply the mechanics thread where results are determined. For a full accumulation of year long match points, please see the official Quidditch Cup topic.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Bet you're surprised to see me bitches!

Yes, remember me or have all the memes about me falling off the stage faded into obscurity? Well I'm done. I'm done feeling sorry for myself and I'm done letting you people decide how to brand me. When I was first offered the position of Quidditch Commentator, I thought of turning it down but you know what, I think I rather like it now. I was told we had to bring integrity to the Hogwarts Quidditch Cup but that can only happen if integrity exists in the students playing the game. And today's line up has as much integrity as the Clements have unpaid bills.

And a note of thanks to the Headmaster who encourages free speech. This is the only form of therapy I'll ever get.

So lets talk about Quidditch since that's what we do here. The world is in chaos, France's dictatorial regime is holding all of Europe hostage, Americans are nuts but this is important. Today, the eighth of November, marks the first match of the season between GRYFFINDOR (A) and SLYTHERIN (B), two equally nasty teams with about as much a shot of winning. Last year Slytherin blundered its way to the cup while Gryffindor's top Chaser crashed harder than I did off that stage but I'm sure those memes are on their way.

Of course there aren't any changes to the teams because neither team values actual talent. Does Mercy William deserve to be on the team after blowing every single game last year? And what is Mimosa Clement still doing trying to swing a Beater's Bat? Nikolai Kessler has arrived pre-injured because even he knows how this will end. I hope he gets a second black eye to match his first.

So without further ado, let the match begin. And remember, no  matter who wins, we're all losers here! Bushrah out!

Team A Quaffle Score

Team B Quaffle Score

Snitch Capture

Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 1:38 pm

The member 'Azalea Murray' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'Quaffle Score' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 17_goa11

--------------------------------

#2 'Quaffle Score' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 14_goa11

#3 'Golden Snitch' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Team_b11
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Four hours and thirty nine minutes!

That's how freaking long this game was. At one point even the sun gave up and set, and those of us who had come to the pitch after lunch returned just in time for dinner. Though darkness doesn't mean I didn't see that finger, Leanne! Just because Mercy Williams scored ten goals doesn't mean she's back on track, it means she got lucky.

But despite it all, this was really a Chasers game with both Seekers being equally rubbish at their job. The Gryffindor team managed to make seventeen goals, at which point their Seeker really should have gotten the hint but that would require some brain power which I'm given to understand is in short supply around these parts. The Slytherins on the other hand somehow stumbled their way to a win through good Keeping and Chasing. I would call foul (as I did several times during the game) when Kessler started doubling as an extended Chaser but apparently the referee disagreed and who am I to argue with a former professional player?

Of course, part of the secret behind Slytherin's undeserved victory is that the Lion Chasers have lesser pride than they do boy parts. Seriously, the first person to hit Mimosa Clement's face with a Bludger will get my utmost thanks and gratitude. She can't escape every game unscathed!

After the first match, the score now stands at 170 to 290 in favor of Slytherin. See you next time, if they still let me commentate. Lets hope the Puffs and the Claws manage to knock these two teams off their pedestals.  

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Before we begin, this game is brought to you by the limitation and responsibilities of free speech. I am supposed to stick to facts and not offer opinions on players which is a shame because I finally have something good to say. See how that worked out?

Though I am unbiased in my official capacity as commentator for today's HUFFLEPUFF (A) vs RAVENCLAW (B) match, I would like to take a minute to wish the Hufflepuff team the very best of luck. Both are fine teams competing today with Ravenclaw's history speaking for itself but Hufflepuff may gain the edge. Mariah, this one's for you!

The Ravenclaws have changed around their line up a little, trying out Seema Biswas in the position of Seeker after veteran Nerisei Gerber graduated last year. Gaspard Kyler has also joined the team as Chaser. On the badger's side, Lyra Fletcher continues to dominate as Seeker with the Chin twins going to bat as Beaters for the first time.

The day is Saturday, the date, 28th! The weather is cooler than usual but thankfully clear and both teams are in good spirits. We might actually get a game with integrity this time!

Team A Quaffle Score

Team B Quaffle Score

Snitch Capture

Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 pm

#1 'Quaffle Score' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 10_goa11

#2 'Quaffle Score' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 2_goal11

#3 'Golden Snitch' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Team_a11
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 2:43 pm

I KNEW IT! CONGRATULATIONS, LYRA!!!

Now this was a match, only an hour long and concluded with a brilliant Snitch capture by Lyra Fletcher of Hufflepuff. Ravenclaw did their best to defend and score but could only do one at a time. They chose to defend. The Eagles' Keeper did a good job, stopping more than five goals from entering but it was difficult with the Beaters so out of sync. I guess the Chin twins kept them pretty busy!

The Hufflepuff Chasers were epic, scoring goal after goal, their Keeper hardly had to do any work at all, joining in the spectating as she literally left her post for five minutes to sweep around the pitch for the crowd. Everyone knew the game was over in the first half hour when Hufflepuff had 80 to Ravenclaw's 10 but the formal end arrived with Lyra Fletcher's dive for the Snitch. Seema Biswas didn't even see it coming until it was all over.

The score stands at 20-250 to HUFFLEPUFF, not enough to knock Slytherin off its high hippogryff but we're getting there!

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:21 pm

Hello all and good morning! Surprised to see me back, well so am I! Though I am being told that I have to now start every commentary with a disclaimer of how my views do not reflect that of the school's. Really though, I didn't think that merited saying out loud. Anyone who knows me already knows I do not agree with this school on literally anything, including the new equipment the Slytherin team has been showing off in their practices in an attempt to scare the competition. But I suppose when you don't have actual talent on your team...

Moving on, weather wise it's a boring day for Quidditch, no snow storms or even winter hale that could potentially harm players. In fact, there isn't even a dark cloud to provide some kind of challenge, the sun streaming down merr-fudging-ly this Saturday the 27th. And as can be observed from the large amount of fangirls gathered around Jacques Clement in the stands, this one features a doozy! The RAVENCLAW (A) vs SLYTHERIN (B) match is supposed to be exciting because the current "champions" are going against former champions but we all know both titles were smacked into by a stroke of good fortune and facilitated by stupid amounts of funds from the privatization of the teams. Still I would put my bets on Ravenclaw winning.

And there we have it, the first whistle telling me I'm out of line. I suppose you'll just have to wait and see how this match represents the state of Quiidditch at Hogwarts.

Team A Quaffle Score

Team B Quaffle Score

Snitch Capture

Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:21 pm

#1 'Quaffle Score' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 20_goa12

#2 'Quaffle Score' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 8_goal11

#3 'Golden Snitch' :
Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Team_b11
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 8:43 pm

That.... was a long game. Four hours long to be precise. And for the first two, it certainly looked to be going a particular way. The Eagles were soaring high, scoring goal after goal largely due to Slytherin's rubbish defense. At one point, even their Captain had to call a five minute recess to shout at Prodigal Son Nikolai Kessler to "stop playing two positions and get back to his fucking partner". I can say that right, because it's a direct quote? You all heard Maria!

This strategy of the Headmaster's son playing multiple roles has been one the Serpents have employed before, largely because they refuse to acknowledge the Clement shaped liability on their team. But we can't do that, so short term solutions kids!

Though even Mimosa Harrington managed to stumble her way into being slightly useful this game. When two and a half hours in, the Ravenclaw Seeker spotted the Snitch and was ready to dive for it, instead of sending a Bludger his way the malpracticing Beater flew into his path herself, arguing it was faster. The move earned Slytherin a well deserved penalty which, as it turned out, was worth it as it gave Ravenclaw an extra goal but Slytherin more time to look for the Snitch. Serpent Seeker Karan Singh renewed his search for the tiny golden orb with much more vigor after that.

So I guess cheating makes you win too, kids!

I don't care what the scoreboard says, which it does 200 to 230 in favor of Slytherin. The only real winners of this match are the Chasers on team Ravenclaw. Hats off to them and a good evening to everyone else! This is Bushrah signing out until next month when we inevitably meet again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027   Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quidditch Matches for the Year 2026/2027
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next