Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
A Toast (Sorting Thread) Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
A Toast (Sorting Thread) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
A Toast (Sorting Thread) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
A Toast (Sorting Thread) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
A Toast (Sorting Thread) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

A Toast (Sorting Thread)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

A Toast (Sorting Thread) Empty
PostSubject: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 5:23 pm

A Toast (Sorting Thread) 26-alia-1537251650

"Tu es sûr que j'ai l'air bien?"

To anyone not well versed in Mimosa Harrington Clement, the sentence would have sounded like a normal teenager doubting herself on her first back at school. To someone closer to the young Slytherin however, it would have been a dead giveaway for the rarity it was, demonstrating that for once in her short life, Mimosa was not entirely comfortable with herself.

The summer had been absolutely fantastic. After her operation, the newly fifteen year old had spent so much time with her Jacques, she almost hadn't wanted to go back to Scotland. She had said as much sleepily a week before, being cuddled by her Jacques as he carried her back to her old room. It had been a great relief to move back to her bedroom from the hospital bed where the doctor had kept her for weeks after she had woken up but finally, they had relented and she was being carried back to the safety of her own quarters, in the arms of the person she loved most in the world.

She had heard the smile in his voice rather than seen it. He had only gently reminded her how she would miss out on meeting all her friends. Her sleepy little mind had tried to insist that she didn't need or want any other friends but her lips had not complied, leaving her asleep well before they entered the bedroom door.

But her anxiety about returning hadn't just been from leaving the near constant company of the French male. It also stemmed from looking at herself in the mirror, and in every selfie she took, and the profile pictures on her socials she hadn't changed yet because... what if they thought she was different now. Mimosa loved being herself, why wouldn't she? She was the best, most beautiful and smartest person in the world.

But now she had a different face, different eyes, even her body was different. What if no one believed she was still Mimosa?

The thought had gnawed on the edged of her mind throughout their journey to the UK. The once fascinating view from her private jet now lackluster and grey. Even the bike ride from the hanger to Hogsmeade, clinging tightly to her Jacques, had been marred by the uncertainty that she wouldn't be recognized... That she would be treated like just an average, ordinary, student.

What a nightmare.

As if he could read her mind, the Auror had held her hand securely as they walked up to the castle, not asking her anything until she herself uttered the words that had been bothering her for over a week now.

"Non," he replied simply, stopping midways to turn her to face himself so she could see the sincerity in his words. Switching to English, the man spoke with unbridled pride as he sussed up the girl in her Slytheirn uniform and shiny new Head Girl badge.

"You have never and will never look okay, Mon Chouchou," He explained, reaching to rest a hand on her shoulder. Mimosa noticed he didn't have to bend down so much now to be at eye level with her. She must have grown taller than she realized.

"Because you will always be absolutely perfect."

The confirmation made the young witch's face glow, Mimosa reaching to give him a big hug before they started on their way to the castle gates again. And right on cue, the first person waiting for them was Miss Azalea, dressed in a pretty green outfit that made Mimosa wonder how it would look on herself.

"Jacques, Mimosa, wow you grew taller kiddo," the brunette greeted them with her usual smile, making the Slytheirn stand up a bit taller to impress upon the Potion Mistress how tall she really was.

"Deputy Headmistress," Jacques greeted with a hint of a smirk in his voice before he moved to shake the older woman's hand.

"Heir Clement," Miss Azalea replied in the same good matured tone before turning her attention to Mimosa.

By the way she spoke and acted, it didn't feel like she saw any difference. And by the time she had left Mimosa to settle down on the Slytherin table (the first years had still not arrived) Mimosa was utterly convinced that there was no difference. If her Jacques didn't think so. And Miss Azalea didn't think so. then anyone who did was just stupid.

It didn't take long for her friends to find her, probably helped along by the fact that Jacques stood by her protectively. Even those whom Mimosa only barely knew had begun to gather around her and her Jacques and finally, when Mimosa was surrounded by her familiar group, the young heir took his leave. He would see her at the next Hogsmeade week, and come down for the Quidditch matches as usual.

Within half an hour of her arrival, the new Head Girl had forgotten all her worries of the past week and her world was cone again, perfect.

Like it was always meant to be.

Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

Birthday : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 4:52 pm

Summer had been ah-maze-ing!

Nikolai Kessler was on cloud nine from his summer. The focus has been almost entirely on him within the boy's social group, and the question that always restarted the conversation was one that made Nikolai grin like a Cheshire cat. How the fuck did you get a Quidditch star, Kessler? It was normally Charles, who was known for his massive claims for conquests. The other Slytherin had never gone as large as Nikolai had, and because he had proof -- that he hadn't yet shared, but promised to be real -- Nikolai was being believed for his claim.

The pictures were doing wonders for his ego too, pulling them up most nights to reminisce the boy couldn't wait to see his friend's faces when he showed them off on the first day of school.

Which is exactly what Nikolai had done. When the boys had found their own compartment on the train after ditching their parents unceremoniously on the platform at King's Cross, the conversation had returned to Nikolai's conquest once more. Charles had turned up early to try to get early sight of the pictures Nikolai had procured from his conquest, but the Head Boy kept his phone in his pocket. "Not until we pull away from the station, I don't want to be overheard!" He'd played it down, and Charles had looked disgruntled as he threw his trunk up above his seat a little heavier than he probably should have.

No sooner had they pulled away from the station, the compartment full with the Slytherin sixth years, and a few others, Charles had asked again.

"Fine, fine! I won't keep you waiting any longer!" Nikolai had laughed, pulling out his phone and pulling up the pictures. Turning his phone around so the group could see, he showed the first picture of Josie LeBlanc. Naked from the waist up, and half asleep. The focus of the picture was clearly upon her breasts at this angle and the whistle of approval went up from the group at that point. Not to hold out on the guys, Nikolai swiped through to the next picture which showed the sheets pulled away from her waist, giving full view of how the superstar liked to keep herself groomed -- a conversation which sparked a lot of excitement from the boys for a while as they appreciated the picture on Nikolai's phone.

Another one showed the witch's face clearer, and a final one focused solely on the witch's breasts without apology.

Confidence filled the boy once more, lapping up the praise he was receiving in that moment.

"There's no proof these are real!" Charles chirped up a moment later. "Kessler's a nerd, probably just made them himself!"

"Thought you'd say that," Nikolai quipped back, swiping to the last picture. A selfie of himself with the half asleep girl beside him. The shit-eating grin on his face quite clearly in the afterglow of sex, hair askew, and looking much too impressed with himself. The eruption of congratulations went again, the pats on the back and comments of how lucky he'd gotten just filled him with more pride than he'd already felt so far. Charles, however, only looked sourly around the group because his own conquests had never quite gotten such a response as this.

And the chatter of the conquest had not stopped the whole way to Hogwarts.

Nikolai had departed the train with a bounce in his step, moving to clear the train with the other prefects as was expected. They had been the last to head up to the castle once the first year's had gotten on to the boats. It hadn't occurred to Nikolai until that point that Mimosa was missing from the group. Since his rendezvous with the Quidditch star, he'd not paid her much mind. Asking Dia if she knew where Mimosa was, the American witch had replied that Mimosa was going straight to Hogwarts this year. It hadn't surprised Nikolai, Mimosa always seemed to go to her own rules when it came to the world.

Nikolai hadn't thought about it much more until he'd reached the Slytherin table a little later than everyone else. Thankfully, there was a spot beside... Had it not been for the fact she was wearing the Head Girl badge, and having seen a picture of the witch during the summer, Nikolai wouldn't have known who the girl was. But after a minute, he'd realised, and pushing in between the witch and the person who had been sat beside her, Nikolai took up his rightful place beside Mimosa.

"Hey," he said, still trying to process the change in appearance of his girlfriend. "I thought you were joking over the summer when you sent that picture. What happened to you?" Nikolai asked, still not sure how else to deal with the situation before him.

A Toast (Sorting Thread) B9PKxb
Thanks to Kitty for the signature! <3
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 5:38 pm

In the end, her looks didn't affect the girl's re-entry into the school at all. She had arrived just as the train pulled into the station at Hogsmeade meaning her usual crowd was gathered around her not much after. Catherine and Constance were their usual selves, wanting to know everything about her summer while Emily watched from a little bit away. Dia, Elaine and Luna soon made it to the Slytheirn table with Seema, Jia En and Mariah joining soon after. Mimosa of course had no issue telling and retelling the story of her summer, even if she couldn't remember it in its entirety and by the time the first years were lead into the Great Hall, everyone around her was up to speed.

Except for the boys.

"I wonder where all the boys are," Jia En mused, not finding her twin brother in the Great Hall and alerting Mimosa to the fact that only Karan and Gaspard of the upper clansmen were milling around. And it wasn't just the Slytherin boys either. most of the sixth and seventh year males from other houses were missing too.

Mimosa didn't have to wonder long though as the boys began to arrive in groups, normally huddled in threes or fours whispering about something before grudgingly separating to head for their house tables. The Slytherin boys were the last to arrive, Charles walking over to Mimosa and leaning in to give her a hug before Karan leaned across the new Had Girl and caught the boy in an embrace instead. ("Hey, we never get hugs!").

Squid Boy was literally the last to arrive, pushing his way through Karan and Constance to claim a seat beside her. His ungraceful appearance and rushed manner made her realize he must have had prefect duties. Oh well, she was sure he didn't need her for them. Her job was to sit here with her friends.

"I thought you were joking over the summer when you sent that picture. What happened to you?"

"Hello," the young witch replied with her usual albeit quite different smile in greeting. "And it's okay, you think wrongly about many things," she reassured him when he admitted to thinking she was joking. He was a work in progress but she would continue to try and make him better.

"Well," she launched into the practiced story again, one she had told the rest of the group repeatedly but would not mind recounting yet again. "My Jacques picked me up for the summer, then I think I slept lots. then I was in a high place, then I was flying, then we were back at the palace and there were doctors and then I looked different," she explained as if it made a world of sense. No one had questioned her after all, and she had honestly recounted everything she remembered of the beginning of summer. "And then my Jacques and I spent the whole summer together," she continued, going down the list of all the activities they had done, leaving out nothing as too minute or inconsequential because despite her physical appearance changing, Mimosa was still very firmly Mimosa.

And her favorite topic of conversation would always be herself.

Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 8:02 pm

The story of Mimosa's summer didn't, in the slightest, make sense. The story seemed to be missing a number of key elements to it. Why had she slept a lot? What had happened to her appearance? Was it some kind of weird illness, or had she just snuck a Polyjuice potion of someone she knew? Perhaps it was someone she'd met in India on one of her many trips, and she'd stolen one of that girl's hairs. Honestly, Nikolai wouldn't have been surprised, Mimosa did exactly what she wanted, whenever she wanted!

Looking across at their peers, Nikolai noted how many of them looked just as clueless as he did in that moment. Trying to work out what in Merlin's name the girl was talking about and trying to fit to it the new look of the witch sat with them. It seemed, much like Nikolai, they didn't have enough interest in the story to ask questions, or else were too worried about upsetting the girl to ask them.

"Right..." Nikolai replied to the story, his features still showing he wasn't completely following the story. "Well, that sounds like an interesting summer..."

It was the polite thing to say, Nikolai believed.

"Not as interesting as yours was, apparently!" Charles chirped in, still clearly not happy with what he'd heard on the train. Nikolai paid him no mind, though, instead turning his attention to Mimosa once more.

"So does this mean that you're really not able to play Quidditch this year? Cus, if you're not able to, then we're going to have to try to find someone who can ride your broom for the season!" Nikolai insisted, not thinking for a second that it would be a problem if Slytherin still kept the advantage of having one of the best brooms in the world. It didn't occur to the boy for a second that she wouldn't want to share her broom with someone else. "But you look fine, so why would you say you couldn't play?"

Again, the boy didn't really understand everything that was going on. Mimosa's version of the summer didn't give enough detail for understanding, which was why his question went a little bit around in a circle. But hey, he could ask again.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 11:24 am

"Well, that sounds like an interesting summer..."

"I know right," the young brunette enthused, glad that Squid Boy was finally understanding things. She knew he'd get there eventually. The witch was just about to point it out when Charles interrupted in a way that denoted he wienie something no one else did.

"Not as interesting as yours was, apparently!"

"What do you mean," Mimosa asked, her newly brown eyes now tried on Charles in curiosity.

"Oh nothing," Charles replied with a very pronounced wink. "Kessler's just been shooting above his station, but then again he's been doing that for years now."

"Who?"

"Squid Boy," Charles drawled out in quite mirth, contemplating the Head Boy with a combination of humor and jealousy. "Has had some interesting things under his belt."

"Shut up, Beaumont," Karan grumbled just loudly enough for Mimosa to hear before Squid Boy started talking about Quidditch and for the first time, there was an air of annoyance on Mimosa's new features at the thought of not being allowed to play.

"Sadly yes," she answered, her attention back on the tall male beside her. "I don't know why though. I feel fine but the doctors are all stupid and don't want me to do any strenuous activities. I've even had to cancel my dance lessons for the foreseeable future." Though the latter didn't bother her as much, because she knew she was the best at dancing. In Quidditch though, her team needed her to win, they simply couldn't do it without her.

At the mention of someone borrowing her broom for the matches, Mimosa looked at Squid Boy as if he'd slot his mind. "Why would I let anyone have my broom?" she asked, phrasing the question as if he was a stupid first year. "It's fine. I'm sure whoever is temporarily filling in for me will have their own."

Before Squid Boy could continue the line or ridiculous conversation, Constance jumped in.

"Oh, you guys are going to get all fancy new dorms this years," she pointed out, leading to a round of whoops from around the table. Mimosa supposed they were cheering her on, it was only natural. "You guys are going to be at it all the time," Constance giggled as the first years began to fill into the hall.

"At what?" Mimosa asked, now turning to Constance then Squid Boy to see if he knew what the other Slytherin meant.

Back to top Go down
Nikolai Kessler
Hogwarts Head Boy
Hogwarts Head Boy
Nikolai Kessler

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 12:19 pm

The confirmation of the fact Mimosa was not going to be able to play for the team that year was one that annoyed Nikolai greatly. He'd thought Mimosa had been joking over the summer -- her change of appearance, the fact she couldn't play Quidditch -- but it seemed he'd vastly misread the witch in that much. "Well this sucks!" Nikolai commented, a grumpy face appearing upon his features at that much information. As much as he may not wish to admit it, Mimosa was the best Seeker their team had, though that was likely due to the fact she had the fastest broom, and not because the witch was actually very good at the sport.

"We can just do trials for the place, no biggie!" Charles supplied, as if Nikolai hadn't already thought of that much.

"Course." Nikolai replied flatly to that much.

"Why would I let anyone have my broom?"

"Because you have the best broom available!" Nikolai replied without a second thought. But as Mimosa insisted whoever would be taking her place would have her own broom, the boy realised just how selfish she was. Selfish, or stupid for not understanding why the rest of the team would need to borrow the broom. He would work on that later, Nikolai decided. They had time before the season started, and he didn't need to worry about that much just now.

"Oh, you guys are going to get all fancy new dorms this years,"

Constance's point made the grin return to the boy's features in that moment. "We do!" He replied, quite happy with this outcome. He wouldn't have to share a space with Charles had been one of the better perks, but the fact he would get Mimosa to himself as well... well, it was just a silver lining to it all. A point that wasn't missed on Constance as she mentioned their availability for the next year to one another.

"Well, I do have Karan to thank there!" Nikolai replied, his hand moving to Mimosa's leg in that moment to give it a soft squeeze. "Nobody to interrupt us for the whole year. It's going to be amazing!" The laugh that came from the boy's lips showed how gleeful he was with the prospect. "Remind me to buy you a drink when we're in Hogsmeade next, Karan, you've done me a huge favour!"

Karan shook his head, muttering something about not doing it for that reason, but Nikolai didn't care for the real reason the Slytherin had given up his role as Head Boy.

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 2:11 pm

Whilst no one bothered to elaborate on what they would be up to, Mimosa understood when she felt Squid Boy's hand on her leg, the fingers gently squeezing above the knee to where her skirt had ridden up. When had it become okay for him to to just do that? The witch didn't know but it seemed pointless to object now that...

Now that he had seen her without too many of her clothes on.

The thought made slight revulsion rise in her throat but no one noticed. In fact, the boys were joking about buying each other drinks at Hogsmeade. All Mimosa knew was that she would be spending her time as much as possible in the general common room. She liked hanging out with her group of friends, being the center of attention and telling stories far more interesting than anyone else's.

Being alone with Squid Boy was not going to be high on her priority list.

"We'll still probably hang out in the House common room all the time," the Head Girl insisted amidst jeers of "Sure you will". Though the jeers were mostly Charles with the other two girls halfheartedly joining in.

Luckily the table was silenced as Ms. Goshawk rose from her seat, addressing everyone in welcome to another term at Hogwarts. Mimosa listened intently, hoping that her lack of interest would make Squid Boy move his hand. Unfortunately, it stayed where it was until a low whistle from Charles erupted along with the applause for the New Deputy Headmistress.

"Hottie Deputy alert," Ji Hyun whispered and much to Mimosa's annoyance, most of the boys noodled in agreement. She supposed Miss. Azalea did look pretty in her green dress but that was no reason to be rude.

"The new batch looks like easy prey," Emily pointed out, making Mimosa's eyes swivel to the first years Miss Azalea was now leading to the Sorting Hat. They looked so much tinier than she remembered being at that age.

"Oh I know that baby!" the American-French brunette pointed out, loudly enough for several heads to turn her way. "That's Jake's baby isn't he? I remember seeing him at the Valentine's Day Ball." Why was a baby here being sorted? Shouldn't he be at home doing whatever babies did?

The witch didn't for a minute take note of all the glances now directed at the child she had unintentionally outed, nor his red face or attempting to hide behind other first years in the line.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 7:38 pm

After failing to find a suitable dress to change into, Azalea's next attempt had been to look for Jake. If Josh was nearby, she needed to warn... someone. And in the absence of Adelaide, it dawned on the witch anew that she was in charge. She was the one people were supposed to report things to.

The witch had only made it down the cirrhotic however when Amanda Hanzel came rushing towards her, something about having forgotten to feed the birds used in the first charm lessons. Apparently whatever was left of the creatures would not be a pretty site for her second years. It had taken nearly an hour to clean the classroom of the dead birds before summoning the house elves to do the rest and then there had been no time. She had been informed that Adelaide was on her way so the witch had grudgingly changed into the green number provided by her stalker and then strode off to her duties.

Her fifteen minute meeting with Adelaide had turned into a twenty five minute lecture on how busy the older witch was and then it was time to go with Grayson to the library to double check the availability of all the books present on the students lists in case they had not managed to procure them. Finally, she had been informed that the Clements were on their way and had promptly headed to the front door to greet Jacques and Mimosa.

Her daughter looked... like a completely different person. But Azalea had been warned of that and therefore reacted appropriately, praising Mimosa for her height and aptitude. It was difficult to remain formal with Jacques Clement nearby but Azalea was nothing if not professional at her job. So instead she remained polite and interest a she walked to the to the Slytherin table, as always grateful for any opportunity to spend time with her oldest child.

She saw Jake enter the Great Hall just as she was taking her own seat at the staff table. But he barely had the time to give her a quizzical look before a group of Gryffindor boys surrounded him. He was quite popular with the older kids, she knew. And for now, he would have to be with them. Just as Jake left the group, Grayson signaled for her to follow him with the list of first years, so that once again they only saw each other in passing as he took his seat while she left hers.

Spotting Ivan in the group climbing off the boat was easy. It seemed his boat only had himself and the huddled little girl he had climbed on board the train with. The girl hadn't changed her stance any, looking huddled even as she stood amongst the other eleven year olds. Azalea quickly checked the redhead's name on her roster, commuting Mariel Weathersby to memory.

"Come on guys, cheer up," she addressed the lot as Grayson looked on to the group kindly. "It's not going to be so bad. We're just going to line up, go into the Great Hall and get sorted." The words were spoken for everyone's benefits but they didn't make Ivan in particular feel any better. If anything, the child tensed up even more.

"It's a very simple process," the brunette continued, walking the children slowly up to the castle. "Mr. Hughes here will call out your name, in alphabetical order (she heard a groan from a little girl in the front and rightly assumed her to be Aimmee Abernathy) and you walk up to me. I will sit you down on a little stool and put the sorting hat on your head."

Everyone looked up at her expectantly, as if there was more, before a tall boy raised his hand in question.

"Yes,... Mathew?"

"Miss what if... what if we don't get sorted at all?"

The question made Ivan shiver even more violently while his boatmate looked like she might faint.

"That has never happens, and will never happen," Azalea tried to reassure the group, only for Aimmee Abernathy to pipe up.

"First time for everything, Parker! Bet you and Newbury don't get sorted at all. Do they make the unsorted work in the kitchen, professor?"

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Miss Abernathy but no. No one goes unsorted. Bullies albeit do get assigned detention in the kitchen."

This seemed to wipe the hesitant smirk off the girl's face. Soon, everyone fell in line and they entered the Great Hall, ready to be sorted. Azalea waited for the Headmistress's command but Adelaide was busy clarifying the rules which only half the Hall was listening to. The brunette Chrysler was focusing on the kids, which was why she heard mimosa's exclamation perfectly.

"Oh I know that baby! That's Jake's baby isn't he?"

Ivan turned refer than the Gryffindor banners at the dress, very aware of the group of people now pointing and laughing his way. Azalea wished the Head Girl had kept the information to herself but she also knew Mimosa meant no harm. It was no big deal though, she decided as Adelaide cleared her throat.

"And now, let the sorting behind."

"Abernathy, Aimmee,"

It only took the hat ten seconds to declare the girl a Gryffindor, which was good perhaps. She was going into Jake's house, hopefully eh would teach her better.

"Ainsley, Johnathon,"

And the names continued until one Azalea recognized was called out.

"Harrison, Scott."

Indeed, the child was the same one Adrienne had not so subtly picked a fight with a year ago. She watched carefully as Scott Harrison too was sorted into Gyffindor.

The first Slytherin of the batch arrived in Klobuchar, Jeremy, followed quickly by fraternal twins Rabia and Daniyal Kunwaa. A few more names and finally, the one she had been waiting for was called out.

"Newbury, Ivan."

Her brown gaze turned to the boy trying to hide behind everyone else but he seemed frozen in place. He met her gaze with a terrified one of his own, begging silently to make this debacle stop.

"Newbury, Ivan," Grayson repeatedly kindly in case the child had not heard. Ivan nodded to show he understood, and slowly put one foot in front of the other.

And then another. And anther.

Just as Azalea was starting tor relax, it happened. Ivan was halfway to the sorting hat when the boy tripped, falling flat on his face and staying there. The entire hall snickered as one, disguising the chuckles of the third year Gryffindors who had cast the trip jinx on the young boy.

Leaving the hat on the stool, Azalea walked over to Ivan's side, helping him to his feet and silently walking him the rest of the way, gently guiding him with a hand on his shoulder. Thankfully, his reddened face and nearly teary eyes disappeared under the brim of the hat.

It took the Sorting Hat a few tense minus to decide, but finally and conclusively it called out a single word.

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

A small applause broke out as Ivan rushed to join his new housemates, wanting desperately to disappear from public eye once again.

"Ong, Ophelia May Yi,"

"RAVENCLAW!"

The ceremony continued without event after that, Mathew Parker being sorted into Hufflepuff with Ivan while Mariel Weathersby - as a final surprise of the evening - found herself sorted in Slytherin, moving quickly to take her place beside the Kunwaa twins."

Thankfully, dinner was announced a few minutes after and Azalea was able to return to her seat by the Headmistress's right hand side, keeping a close watch on both her children as she pretended to chat.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 3:31 pm

The Head of Gryffindor had not found the Deputy Headmistress down in the dungeons. Her rooms were empty, and Jake understood. With the new role, Azalea was bound to be busy, and it seemed even this early in the school year, she'd been called away on school business. Not worrying over that, Jake had headed back up the stairs to the Great Hall. Many of the teachers had already gathered around the entrance, catching up after the holidays. Jake had a quick chat with the Care of Magical Creatures, checking in to see what was going on with the Grecian. As usual, the smooth talking man spoke of how he'd spent his summer with a conquest he had no intention of calling back.

The check of whether Jake was still with Azalea did not go unnoticed by the Auror, and with a confirmation that they were, the Care of Magical Creatures professor looked a little put out. Their conversation turned to the lessons that they would be teaching in the coming weeks, and whether any collaboration could be had. By the time they were done, Eros had joined them, the male teachers sticking together until finally the first students started to appear.

Excusing himself from his peers, Jake moved over to the Gryffindor table. Catching up the Gryffindor students as they arrived, Jake greeted the older students warmly, but also kept an eye out for Ana, the now second year who had had troubles with being away from home in the previous year. The young witch looked much more confident this year as she entered the Great Hall, a grin upon her face as she passed with a wave, hurrying after her fellow second years so she didn't get left behind. The sixth and seventh years checked in with Jake a little longer, asking what he thought their chances of winning the Quidditch Cup would be this year. Jake suggested their chances would be good, but it would really depend on all the other teams, too.

His eyes only moved away from them when the arrival of Mimosa came to be. It was the presence of the Clement heir beside her that had alerted Jake to her arrival. Still getting used to her new look, the man had given the witch and Jacques a small wave, but hadn't approached. It was only as the tables grew fuller that the man moved to the front of the room, taking up his seat at the teachers table that he finally caught sight of Azalea. Ready with the nervous looking first years, Azalea... wasn't wearing what she'd said she was going to, and the confusion touched the man's features. He only knew that the dress was wrong because Azalea had asked him if he choice of attire for the feast was alright about a week ago. His reaction of kissing her deeply had left the witch telling him that they couldn't right now. A promise that he could make good use of the dress after the sorting had been given instead.

And so he'd been quite eager to see that dress again.

Only to find his girlfriend in another.

He shook off that feeling, though, his eyes instead moving to find their son. Ivan was still with the witch he'd been sat with on the train. Both of them looked terrified as they moved through the halls. Jake hadn't heard the comment that caused Ivan's cheeks to flush violently red, but his eyes quickly found the source. Mimosa. Frowning slightly to himself, the Head of Gryffindor paused for a moment before his attention returned to the group of first years.

The sorting ceremony seemed to take forever this time. Or, perhaps it was because Jake had a vested interest in this one. Whatever the case, it seemed like half the evening had gone before the name was announced.

"Newbury, Ivan."

Jake's eyes moved to Ivan in the thinning group. His son made no move forward in that moment, looking terrified of moving from the remaining first years that were covering him from view. The Defence Professor silently urged him on, but still Ivan didn't move.

"Newbury, Ivan."

Grayson's second call got the boy moving. For two steps, and then Ivan crashed rather ungracefully to the floor. Others may have thought the nerves had gotten to him, but the way in which his son's legs had bound together, Jake knew that anywhere. His eyes lifted from his son to the various tables around the room, scanning as quickly as possible through the various faces. It didn't help that most of the room was laughing by this point, the culprit being masked by his peers in the process. Disgruntled, Jake's eyes returned to his son, who was being shown to the seat by Azalea who had helped him back to his feet.

The hat touched the boy's head.

Nothing.

Jake waited, breath held for a conclusion.

Nothing.

Time seemed to stand still, and yet the seconds were ticking by. The hat made many sounds of thought in the next few moments. Clearly indecisive as to where the boy belonged in the school. Jake had always thought it would be easy to place Ivan at the school, but seemingly the professor had been wrong. Murmurs started around the hall in that moment, but Jake's eyes remained upon his son.

Until...

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Jake sat for a moment, not knowing how to react to that. He'd always thought of Ivan as a Ravenclaw. But a Hufflepuff? Jake's eyes shifted to Azalea who was smiling proudly as she clapped Ivan to his seat. As she turned towards the next student, Jake's eyes moved to Ivan as he took up his seat. Ivan's eyes found his dad's in that moment, and slowly, Jake smiled warmly, putting his thumb up to the boy before turning his attention back to the rest of the first years about to be sorted.

With the ceremony finished, the kids looked expectantly towards the Headmistress who gave a very short, and typically Adelaide speech before she announced dinner was ready. Jake was more than grateful as the food appeared, tucking in to the plates hungrily as Amanda started talking to him about her children, and how she couldn't wait to see which house her two girls would be sorted in to when the time came. In true Amanda form, she didn't ask of how Jake felt about Ivan's sorting, and Jake was quite thankful for that as he continued to try to process the curveball he'd been dealt.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
A Toast (Sorting Thread) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Toast (Sorting Thread)   A Toast (Sorting Thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Toast (Sorting Thread)
Page 1 of 1