Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:19 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  Empty
PostSubject: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 11:01 am

It was - against all odds - election day once more.

It had been a hard fought road to here, the 2028 election, and it did not come without its costs. For the first time in US history, an election would not determine the actions of the president. As it was, only the lower legislatures would be decided, making this a glorified midterm if anything at all.

Jackson Blake scowled at the row of eight television monitors temporarily installed in the meeting room. If he had to hear the words "historic occasion" one more time, he would take a fucking baseball bat to one, two or all eight screens.

The office was abuzz with activity, people running in and out with numbers, stats, projections, even bad news. Bad news that Jackson refused to take seriously because the high from last night had yet to wear off. Simply knowing how much Victoria believed in him had made him want to believe in himself just as fiercely.

Sure, they were out manned, out funded, out gunned and limping far behind but none of he girls here had an ounce of quit in them and what kind of a leader would Jackson be if he didn't believe in the same.

Just as he was about to yell for Maggie, Sloan dashed into the room, a stack of papers in hand.

"Ah, Miss. Sabbith, please tell me that's good news."

Sloan looked up at him with a curious expression, always trying to work out the words and the context in her own way before she decided to ignore the question. "I met Fred Armstrong's mom a few months ago, at a fundraiser," she began. "She seemed very nice, got me the last two donuts from the buffet."

"Your point, Sloan?"

"There were only two donuts left. she could have grabbed me one, but she grabbed me both. She is a very nice lady."

Jackson simply remained silent, waiting for her to get to the point. Why the mother of one of the districts' AGs was important, he did not know.

"So whatever happens, just remember she s a nice lady who has nothing to do with anything."

"Sloan I am so-"

"Fred Armstrong just declared his district for Judith Jameson."

"SON OF A BITCH!"

Sloan shrank at the words, but not out of fear, merely to be out of range. Dropping her papers on the table, she murmured "I tried," before leaving the room to return to her polling data

"Mac! Mac, I've got Madison county!" Maggie yelled, only to realize that the campaign manager was in the middle of a phone call, her voice already raised to be heard above the din. From her expression though, it was plain to see that Maggie's information was not good.

They had been bleeding districts left and right over the last two hours, with some places too close to call. When he polls had began closing across the country, Jenna had good naturally put up a list on the main door of districts too close to call, optimistically saying there would not be more than three.

The current numbers stood at thirteen.

Thirteen districts that were too close to call, with early exit polls showing five for Blake and eight for Jameson.

"What about Madison?" Mac shouted back, holding a hand over her phone.

"Too close to call," Maggie replied, already frantically refreshing her laptop screen. Jenna scowled and moved to add Madison to the list on the door.

Now fourteen.

This far in the game, the Blake campaign had few victories to its name, the electoral map's conclusion reflecting in Jackson's worsening mood as the clock struck nine, then ten, then eleven.

Someone unmuted one of the TVs in the meeting room and a familiar voice filled the office.

"So, Ms. Grey, who do you think is the party favorite here?"

"Oh definitely Rep Jameson. She has been a picture of grace and grit throughout this process. All little girls - including my own - should look up to her. In fact, I would go so far as to call an early victory for-"

"CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TURN THAT OFF!"

Immediately, the office went quiet. In the absence of human noise, the whirring, clicking and humming of machines became even more pronounced until.

"It's off Jackson."

Victoria's voice was soft and soothing, like a balm over his burned, bruised and stinging ego.

"I'm sorry ladies, I... just need a minute. As you were."

With that, the Senator from Wisconsin stepped out into the small fire escape, inhaling deep lungfuls of he night air in order to remain calm.

They could still win this. They just needed a bit of luck.

He couldn't let his office down.

He couldn't let his voters down.

He couldn't let Merida down.

And he sure as hell couldn't let Victoria down.

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

Birthday : 1998-02-13
Job/hobbies : Legal Adviser

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 1:46 pm

The night had been pleasant enough -- Jackson's smile had not faded as he'd driven them home, nor had it faded whilst they got ready for bed, and nor had it faded as he pressed a gentle kiss to her lips when they had finally relaxed for the evening in bed, Victoria's small frame pressed against his as he held her close. Jackson had been out like a light that evening, for which Victoria had been more than grateful for. Tomorrow was going to be a big day, and watching the man sleep soundly beside her despite the uncertainty of the next day ahead of them.

The lawyer had stayed awake late in to the night, worrying over everything they would come up against in the next twenty four hours.

Willing that Jackson would come through whatever happened.

Hoping that the people of Wisconsin would back the man beside her.

And not push him out.

The votes had come in in droves. Despite many worries that because this would not affect the presidential run that fewer people would come out to vote, the American people had shown once again that they would never be deterred of making their vote. The whole office had been swamped with work that day, getting voters to the polls, doing last minute pushes for votes, everyone was more than exhausted by the time the polls had closed at eight o'clock that evening. Exhausted, but refusing the give in because they had a long night ahead of them.

Victoria had remained within the office with Jackson for the whole day. Sloan was the only other person not to have left the office for any errand, keeping on top of her numbers that were updating more frequently than any of them could keep up with. Sloan had been a welcome distraction in the late afternoon, though, covering for the witch as she scurried to the bathroom. The day of the election had unsettled her stomach once more, and it had left the lawyer feeling weak as she emerged again -- thankful for the large tray of doughnuts that they had been bought in at some point of the day.

Jackson had been herded up by the rest of the team when Victoria had returned from the bathroom. The TVs on as they kept tabs with which districts were being called. The lawyer had moved to Mac's side to see where they were up to. The results were showing more districts having been called for Judith than Jackson at this time, but there was still a long way to go.

A long way, but far too many of their old districts being noted as too close to call. It only needed a small look to Jackson to know that he was worrying about the early results. He couldn't be blamed, but Victoria wished there was something that she could do or say to make him feel better in that moment. Victoria gave out the instructions to get new figures from Sloan, and someone was off towards the polling data for updates.

It continued for a few hours, everyone moving around frantically to get the news from any source they possibly could. Sometimes the data came back with some positives, but mostly, the data came back as either too close to call, or being called for Judith. The lead was growing for the Jameson party, but they were still in the running. That's what Victoria clung to the most.

Victoria had been reviewing the last report from Sloan when the TV had been turned on. Trying to find something in the numbers that could be wrong -- despite that being a futile idea with Sloan's thorough work.

"Oh definitely Rep Jameson. She has been a picture of grace and grit throughout this process. All little girls - including my own - should look up to her. In fact, I would go so far as to call an early victory for-"

"CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TURN THAT OFF!"

Victoria had jumped at the sharpness of Jackson's tone, but she couldn't blame him. Tessa Grey's voice grated through her as she tried to announce a victory that hadn't been officially called. Victoria's body had worked on auto-pilot to get to the man, the TV being turned off as she did so.

"It's off Jackson." Victoria told him gently, her hand moving to his arm to gently soothe. Brief as the touch was, the witch hoped it helped as she turned back to the group, about to address them before Jackson spoke again.

"I'm sorry ladies, I... just need a minute. As you were."

There was a brief pause amongst the team as Jackson left the room, but almost as soon as he was gone, they were back at it. The team trying to find out if anything had been called yet that they could feed back on. Calls were coming in all around them, the TV had been turned back on to hear what another channel was speaking about, and the bustle of the room grew. The minutes ticked by, and the room only grew more tense as someone -- anyone -- tried to find a district that was calling for them.

"Oconto has called for Jackson!" Mac declared, barely having hung up the phone as she grinned at the information being given.

"Jefferson and Rock have called for Judith." Sloan provided as she entered the room, bringing the room back to it's tense atmosphere once more.

Victoria took a deep breath, steadying herself against the table as she took on the information.

"C-confirm it." She tried to reply, but the words never left her lips.

Another deep breath.

"Confirm it." Victoria spoke, trying to ignore the shake in her voice.

Sloan's eyes met hers, starting off with a challenge because Victoria had questioned her data. But even their numbers buster could remain affronted as she took in the lawyer who looked winded in that moment. Instead, Sloan slowly nodded her head, and turned on her heel to go and rerun the numbers she'd just come through with.

The room didn't look twice, though, instead turning back to their own stations to try to find more. Victoria placed her pen upon the pad on the table, and then turned away from it. It was automatic, the way her body moved from the room to the fire exit. It knew what it wanted as it moved through the door, and towards the man who was trying his best to keep a grasp on what was going on.

"Oconto has called for you." Victoria spoke gently as she moved closer to the man. A hand reached forth to find his, fingers linking through Jackson's to draw strength from him in that moment. The fact she knew of two other districts being called the other way was not news Jackson needed to hear in that moment.

"It's not over yet." The witch added, trying to make Jackson feel better. "Tessa doesn't know the results, and she's not in a position to call any districts for you." That much was true, Tessa Greene could have her opinion, but she was not in a position to call districts in the political race for Wisconsin.

~ Profile ~ Vickson Playlist ~
~ Slender ~ 30 ~ Bookworm ~ 5' ~ American ~
And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  Rsz_1v10
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 10:55 am

As confident as Jackson had been last night and this morning going into election day, the feeling had steadily dwindled with the early polling data streaming in the office. Sloan's complicated software had identified a geographical vector starting from Green Lake on the basis of the formula that the effect would ripple outwards. And while the general pattern had persisted thus far, there was no denying the fact that they just didn't have the votes.

How had it come to this?

Two years ago, Jackson had won in a landslide. But back then he had funding, friends and a loyalty to the party that went above all else. Now he was the heretic being called a RINO on all the news channels. He wasn't republican enough for the GOP and he wasn't independent enough for the independents.

And he would eat his own ballot before he claimed to be a democrat.

No, the only mistake he had made this term was to actually do things that made a difference. He had helped migrants seeking asylum, he had taken on and beat up big pharma, making enemies in the process and he had shunned Michael Bloomberg's advice.

And the GOP would pay him back this way, by replacing him with a pair of compliant breasts, simpering for votes at every turn.

The fresh air outside felt muggy, distasteful, not at all how fresh air was supposed to feel like. Judith's offices were in the distance, probably getting ready to launch their balloons and fireworks when she claimed public victory. The thought of it made Jackson snarl.

"Oconto has called for you."

Her soft voice introduced the atmospheric freshness he had been lacking, making the politician breath freely for the first time that day.

"Just as Sloan said," he replied evenly. Even in the thick of a very bad situation, the man could appreciate when his staff was on point.

He felt her hand brush his, her tiny fingers finding their perfect place between his as she linked them, almost drawing the tension out of him. "It's not over yet."

"I know," he replied, pulling gently at their joined hands until she came closer and he enveloped the tiny witch in a full hug. Right this minute, the Senator didn't care who saw them. He needed her reassuring presence close to him to remind him the world was not the most important thing out there.

"Breathing into the scent of her hair, feeling her warm body against his, Jackson was finally able to sooth the voices in his head.

"Of all the careers I could have picked," he spoke, still holding her close. "I chose the one that comes with the least amount of job security." the man sighed, the motion reverberating through his chest. "What other work requires you to be at the whim of millions of idiots every two years? Sometimes.. I don't even know why I'm doing all this."

Would there ever be any kind of permanence in his job? He now understood why politicians choose to boost their portfolios with advantageous stock options. They had every right to pick financial security if they weren't going to get any other kind of it.

"But for better or worse, this si the only thing I know how to do," he confessed defeated. "I've never... had another aspiration, ever since I was a kid. I've always wanted this. And turns out, now it no longer wants me."

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 11:18 am

Victoria had known that Oconto -- a district they had known would vote in Jackson's favour with it's proximity to Green Lake -- calling for him wouldn't have been enough to soothe Jackson's worry, but it had been all she had in that moment. As much as she had wished to be able to tell him more good news, it hadn't arrived in their office just yet. The witch wasn't giving up hope, though, there were still more than enough districts not yet called that could call for Jackson.

It was still a possibility.

But with the two that Sloan had suggested being called, the possibility was growing smaller.

Not yet impossible, but smaller.

So Victoria did exactly what she could do in that moment, allow Jackson to pull her in to his embrace, and not resist. The months of hiding their relationship from the outside world had been exhausting at best. Tonight, Victoria had no more inclination of hiding what they had, no matter who could see. Their campaign had not been about Jackson's partner for the first time since she'd arrived back in America, but now that the campaign run was done, it didn't matter who knew anymore.

More importantly, though, Jackson needed her, and she would not deny him anything he needed.

The man's heartbeat was out of sync to normal. When first he'd pulled her towards him, the beat had been much faster than it normally was, denoting the stress his body was feeling. But as Jackson held her close, and took a few deep breaths, the witch could begin to hear it slow closer to it's normal rate. Not quite resting, but getting closer. She would have commented upon it had she thought it would help, but the lawyer knew that Jackson did not need to be told that his stress levels were growing too high.

"I chose the one that comes with the least amount of job security."

The witch smile wryly against Jackson's chest. He had no idea how much that idea had kept her awake in the last six weeks. The smile ebbed away slowly, though, Victoria just nodding slightly at the words to show she was listening.

"Sometimes.. I don't even know why I'm doing all this."

At that, Victoria shook her head.

She would not allow him to think that way.

"Of course you do." She managed, lifting her head from the man's chest to look up at him in that moment. She wouldn't have to point out all of the things he'd achieved for the people in Green Lake, in Green Bay, and in Wisconsin as a whole. The years they'd spent together had been about improving the lives of the constituents around them, as best as they could in a party that... Victoria didn't finish the thought on the Republican party, she'd long since resigned herself to the fact that her job would always butt heads with her beliefs. But they'd made it work so well, they'd achieved so much even under the constraints they'd had.

"I've never... had another aspiration, ever since I was a kid. I've always wanted this. And turns out, now it no longer wants me."

"You know that's not true, Jax." Victoria reminded him softly, shifting them slightly so that they could make out through the window the team that was still working tirelessly to find districts that had called for their party. "Look at all of these people who are working tirelessly for you." The witch paused, letting Jackson take a look before he focused back upon her. "Think about all the districts who have called for you already, because they know that what you're doing is right."

It was what Victoria had been hanging on to. There were still people fighting for Jackson to keep his position as the Senator. He had to believe in those people who were still believing in him.

"Even if the votes don't come in -- which, I believe they will -- this isn't the end for us. Your career isn't over, until you say it is."

Victoria's eyes held the man's, the belief never wavering in them because she was not ready to give up.

Not now, not after everything they had been through to get to here.

"And, I really hope you won't give up, because there are a lot of people counting on you."

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 11:36 am

It was immensely difficult not to believe every word she said, simply because Victoria Newbury always spoke with such conviction. If she were so inclined, the wizard had no doubt she would prove a fantastic hypnotist. On more occasions than he could count, it was her courage, resilience and optimism that had enabled their campaign to come as far as it had.

But when she turned him towards the window, to show him how everyone was scurrying about for him, Jackson only saw a scene of increased panic. Both eh and Victoria knew that if they lost, they barely had enough money to cover the staff's salary for the month when the campaign disbanded. Mac, Sloan, Maggie, Tamra, even Jenna with her intern pay. They were counting on him and if he lost, he would let them all down.

"I don't regret the campaign we ran though," he spoke, looking at everyone in the office trying their hardest to find more votes for him. "Not even a little bit. For the first time in my life, I did something good. Something that didn't serve a party or an agenda. And that was because of you."

The man sighed again, pressing her into his frame once more. He would stay calm if she was nearby. Victoria was the oxygen he needed in that moment to keep breathing.

"I don't think we're gonna make this one, Vic," she finally uttered the words he had been fearing that night. Now spoken aloud, with her so close to him, they didn't feel nearly as scary.

"And if that happens, I think I'm going to offer to enlist." It wasn't an idea that he had thought over, just one that occurred to him. Jackson had never imagined a life in which he wasn't in politics and if there as such a time, what would be a better way to serve his country.

"I'm young enough, I can probably pass the physical and psych evals... And I think this is something I want to do if I can't serve the constituents by being a legislate." Modern warfare wasn't as brutal as Vietnam or Afghanistan. And Jackson doubted it would last very long. But regardless of the time and difficulty it presented, he was almost certain that was what he wanted.

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 12:08 pm

"I don't regret the campaign we ran though,"

The tone was already admitting defeat.

Defeat that Victoria couldn't bat away with what she knew to be happening inside. Even as they had looked through to everyone running around, it was clear on Mac's face that things were not moving forward in quite the right way. Sloan hadn't yet reappeared from her room, but the energy, even from outside, could be read quite easily. Victoria looked back to the man as he suggested it was because of her, and the witch shook her head. "I only suggested a cause, you could have said no at any time, but you didn't. You got on board with all of it, pushed hard with it..."

They had done good for the people, yes.

But their cause had undoubtedly been Jackson's undoing with the Republican party.

Their cause had caused them to haemorrhage voters from their party because it didn't align with the party.

If anything, Jackson following her had been his downfall.

"I don't think we're gonna make this one, Vic,"

The witch nodded slowly against the man's chest, blinking furiously to push away the tears that threatened. Jackson did not need her to be upset in this moment, he needed her strength. The witch would not say that aloud, though. Not until Sloan's numbers proved that with no room to budge, Victoria was not going to concede defeat. Jackson needed to say it, though, so the witch let him, holding on to him tightly so that he could never doubt that she was here for him, no matter what the outcome might be.

But he wasn't done.

"And if that happens, I think I'm going to offer to enlist."

Her mouth went dry.

Victoria's throat constricted with dread at those words. Enlisting... they'd never discussed such a possibility before -- the idea of losing the election had never really been allowed to manifest in their conversations because the lawyer had been adamant that Jackson would win despite everything they had done in the last few years. A mistake, the witch chastised herself as her brain tried to catch up. They were on the brink of... something quite big, and the witch couldn't bear to think about the possibilities that would come if Jackson enlisted.

The reasoning the man provided didn't sink in for the witch.

The reasoning would never be right to Victoria because she did not believe violence resolved anything.

"I..." Victoria started, her brain not yet managing to compute a full sentence. The rehearsals she'd gone through time and again had been zapped from her brain as she gently shook her head.

Enlisting...

Of everything she could have expected from the man before her, that had never been it. Jackson was not a fighter in the sense of war. Yes, he fought every day to make people's lives better. But he was not this kind.

"If... if that's what you really want to do..." The reply came, but for the first time in their relationship, in even their friendship, it would not come out in the true Victoria fashion. It would not have come with the underlying confidence in the decision. It wouldn't come with the belief that this was the right step forward. It would come with the vast amount of uncertainty that the witch felt in that moment as he mind struggled to put that in a clear route forward from where they would be heading.

"But... you should-"

"The figures are right, Vic." Sloan broke across the witch, her head peering around the fire escape. Sloan's tone was the same as it always was when she was proved right by the figures. Triumphant even though the numbers continued to condemn the office. "Plus one more." Victoria had just nodded in reply, Sloan had vanished, and the witch looked back up to the man before her.

There would be clear evidence upon the witch's features that Sloan's statement had only pushed them closer to the point of enlisting.

Closer to the point that Jackson was going to lose his campaign run.

"Jackson," Victoria started, her hand snaking back to his hand that had settled on her back as he held her close. The hand took his, bringing it around to her stomach. Laying his palm face down upon the flat space, the witch moved to cover his hand. There was no evidence yet to what she was about to say. Her stomach had barely moved at all in the six weeks, only a slight firmness to it rather than it moving back in with the small pressure their hands applied. Finding the man's eyes, the witch nodded slowly once.

It didn't sink in, and the witch had to stifle a laugh despite her worry in that moment.

Worry that it would be too much in one day.

But there was never going to be a right time if Jackson lost.

If he chose to enlist.

He had to know everything before he made that decision.

"You're going to be a dad, Jackson.

"I'm pregnant."

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 1:23 pm

"If... if that's what you really want to do..."

The politician could feel her shaking in his arms. He didn't blame her, the news had been sprung on the tiny witch rather surprisingly, and at a time of great stress. His only excuse was that he hadn't even considered it himself before now. Until yesterday, he had been firm in his belief that they would win.

But now, as the victory they so badly needed was slipping away from them, Jackson was forced to examine what he wanted to do with his life. the idea of taking a managerial position in some company was almost as bad as picking stock options of some firm through private contacts. Michael may have abandoned him politically but that didn't mean his mentor was above giving friendly tips to ensure Jackson's financial well being at least.

No, money could be made. But that had never been Jackson's end goal. That was always to somehow serve. And as it happened, there was a war going on at this minute.

Of course, the man hand't had a minute ti discuss this with Victoria, the ideas coming into his mind as quickly as he said them. But as he did, hid decision grew more and more firm. He wanted to serve this way. Or to at least try.

"But... you should-"

Jackson nodded, but before the lawyer could finish her thought, they were interrupted by Sloan who reported the accuracy of some figures. The only thing more obvious than the fact that this wasn't good news was that Sloan was clearly in the know. She didn't bat an eyelid seeing Jackson and Victoria huddled together as they were.

But he would deal with that later. And it looked like their relationship status would matter less and less with every passing moment. Jackson couldn't date a campaign employee if there was no campaign to begin with.

"It's okay, Princess" he whispered as comfortingly as he could. The storm that looked to be incoming earlier was inevitable now. But they could weather it together.

In response, she took his hand, guiding it gently to her front, placing it flat on her stomach. The wizard looked at her confused. Was she sick? Was her stomach hurting? Or was she trying to imply something else?

"You're going to be a dad, Jackson."

He almost missed the words for how unreal they were. The sentence taking a full thirty seconds to dawn on him as she repeated them in another way.

She was Pregnant...

They were pregnant...

He would be a father...

The information whizzed around his brain, bouncing off each cerebral surface and gaining more traction.

He was going to a dad.

Victoria would a mom.

Merida would be a Grandmother.

The grin that started on his face transformed everything. The worry, the loss, the defectiveness he had been feeling throughout the day vanished in an instant.

Because as always, Victoria had managed to make the whole day better.

Just like she had managed to make his whole life better.

Unthinkingly, Jacks dropped to his knees, unshed tears glimmering in his eyes as his smile stretches for miles across his face.

"Victoria Alys Newbury, would you - wonderful, beautiful, amazing you - make me the luckiest man in the universe by marrying me?"

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Victoria's breath held as the final word left her lips.

It wasn't how she'd planned to tell him. The plan had been later tonight. Away from the office. In the after glow of a victory that had come. It hadn't been planned to try to talk the man out of enlisting for the country. It hadn't been a plan to use their child as a negotiation piece for them, but it had turned that way the moment Jackson had said he would enlist. She didn't want to stop him -- no, she would never stop him from doing anything he wanted to. But if he knew there was a baby on the way, that she would need him here, it might...

The grin upon Jackson's lips grew quickly, and the giddiness inside grew in the witch. The thought of Jackson not wanting a baby had been there, but it had always been pushed down. Jackson had wanted a baby, that much had been clear when he'd been with Tessa and the aftermath of the loss of a child on Jackson had shown without a doubt he wanted a family. The man wanted children, they had just never discussed them having a child. It was a nonsensical worry, but it had been there.

A worry that was quickly fleeing her body as she watched his features brighten up.

The worry of losing the election had been forgotten.

No words came.

Jackson's mind was processing as he looked down at her.

Tears touched her eyes once more as joy grew within her.

"Say something..." Victoria managed, her voice shaking a little bit with excitement, and small worry in the same moment.

But Jackson didn't say anything.

Instead the man sunk down to his knees before her.

"Victoria Alys Newbury, would you - wonderful, beautiful, amazing you - make me the luckiest man in the universe by marrying me?"

His smile was infectious, and the witch flashed a hand across her eyes as the tears of joy fell from them. A nod followed, a nod that was all to eager and left no doubt at all that her answer would always have been the same. Leaning down slightly, the witch pressed her lips to his to seal it. "There's no one else I would ever marry.

"Only you."

Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 1:57 pm

They were going to have a baby.

The thought was still ringing around his head as he knelt in front of Victoria, asking her the only question that would ever really matter. Because she had fixed it. Whatever was broken inside him, whatever he could never have had with any other woman, his princess had taken and flipped it to make him the happiest man on earth. How she had taken all his background worries of never giving her a family and obliterated them all, Jackson did not know.

But being Victoria, she had made everything whole again.

Just as she did by saying yes!

A smile of pure jubilation lit up Jackson's face as she agreed, leaning down to kiss him firmly, a kiss Jackson more than reciprocated, rising to his feet so as not to make her bend down too long. He held the witch against him, his heart now beating through his chest with pure joy.

Until he realized-

"Oh shit, Vic, I don't have a ring," he mumbled before inspiration struck. Reaching for his wand with one, the man tugged at his tie pin with another. Freeing both objects, he performed a smooth transfiguration, carving the metal tie pin of the US flag into a ring lined with the familiar red, white and blue.

"Will this do until I get you a proper one?" he asked gently, sliding it onto her ring finger with care.

And just as the ring found its new home, the sky faraway burst into lights, Judith's victory being made official from her offices.

Jackson could not have cared less if he tried. All thoughts of the election were far from him as he leaned down to kiss Victoria once more. The world was perfect.

"You guys, Mac says-" Jenna's voice somewhere in the background tried to interrupt but Jackson didn't care until-

"What? What are you guys doing?"

"Well Jenna, if you must know," the politician commented, separating himself form Victoria for a minute. "I am kissing my fiance and the mother of my child."

Back to top Go down
Victoria Newbury
Adult
Adult
Victoria Newbury

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 2:18 pm

The kiss as the witch accepted had been awkwardly placed with the height difference, the witch thinking for a moment how Jackson must feel stooping to kiss her all the time, but the man had moved up from his knee in the next moment, taking his usual position and drawing her close to him in the process.

But it was cut short.

"Oh shit, Vic, I don't have a ring,"

"That doesn't-" Victoria tried to tell him it didn't matter right now, but Jackson was already working to find something to make do. As he took out his wand, and fumbled with the pin upon his tie, Victoria just watched. Amusement playing upon her lips as Jackson transfigured the pin in to a circular ring. The red white and blue of the American flag morphed in to a multi-coloured ring that was unique to them.

"Will this do until I get you a proper one?"

Looking at the ring upon her finger as Jackson pushed it gently in to place, the witch nodded in reply, her right hand moving to wipe another tear from her cheek. "What if I like this one?" She countered gently, enjoying how Jackson's features lit up at the idea, even though she could see he was trying to decide if he needed to spend money on another or whether this one would be enough. The kiss that came this time was deeper, drawing her in closer to the man as they confirmed their new relationship together.

"You guys, Mac says-"

For a second, Jenna's voice didn't register.

"What? What are you guys doing?"

But that, that caught Victoria out in that moment. Realising that they had been found out in a manner the witch hadn't exactly planned. Cheeks flushing a deep red, Victoria looked to Jackson and then the intern who was looking between them with both a look of confusion, and an underlying understanding that came from the realisation of what she'd missed between the two of them for some time.

What Victoria hadn't expected from Jackson's lips, though, was the announcement of everything that was going on.

"I am kissing my fiance and the mother of my child."

Those words made the witch's stomach flip in that moment. Hearing them aloud, and with such love and devotion behind them... it was like nothing Jackson had ever said before.

Jenna, bless her heart, was stunned in to silence for a moment, her eyes upon Jackson as she digested. Eyes that moved across to the lawyer for confirmation that came with a nod and deepened red cheeks.

"Congratulations?" Jenna replied, the word coming out as a question because behind them, across the city, Judith's team were celebrating what was more important to all those inside at the moment. The intern struggled for a moment, trying to decide what to do. Her professionalism seemed to win out, though.

"Mac says you need to come back inside. They've... they've called a win for Judith's campaign."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)    And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)  Empty

Back to top Go down

And yet we are told, seek and ye shall find (Vickson)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next