Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
April Showers (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
April Showers (Jake) Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
April Showers (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
April Showers (Jake) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
April Showers (Jake) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

April Showers (Jake)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

April Showers (Jake) Empty
PostSubject: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Kai had officially been a father for two months now and he still wasn't used to it. He wasn't used to the constant crying and the constant giving of affection. The constant feeding and changing and sleeping would surely take forever to get used to and when he would finally get used to it, the baby would be older. Somehow, the past two months had flown by, though it was likely because he couldn't stay with Adaline and Silas at night meaning he got sleep and she didn't and by the time his plans worked out, Silas would likely be sleeping all night. So right now, he took him while Adaline napped around her class schedule. They had somehow also gotten lucky to have different class times making it perfect to trade off Silas.

Before taking him, Kai had explained that he would be in Hogsmeade for the day shopping for Silas while Adaline caught up on school work and sleep. Kai had nestled him in his pram and set his bag of belongings in a little basket blow it before making his way down the road to Hogsmeade.

The kid was tiny even at two months old, however right after being born he was even smaller and Kai was afraid to hold him lest he break him. The whole process was weird period, the growing inside Adaline's stomach and then all of a sudden coming out, it was gross and cool and gross and he wasn't sure how to feel.

He looked down at his son's sleeping face and smiled a bit as he pushed the door open causing the bell to ring. The lighting in the place cause outside too look even gloomier than it was and he hurried up and pulled the canopy over Silas to keep the light out of his eyes because all he needed was for him to start his nonstop screaming. He made his way straight to the infant section and began looking at the many clothes, bottle and books. He didn't know what to get. He walked a bit more to make it to the boys clothes and when he did, the pram almost collided with someone. "I'm sorry!" Kai said, stopping abruptly in order to keep his son safe. A second glance however caused him to furrow his brow. "Professor Jake?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:07 pm

April was flowing well, Jake had settled in to the rhythm of taking one of Veronika's classes as well as his own, and his Auror work was busy. The break he'd had away with Veronika had come and gone, and now she wore a white gold band on her left hand signifying that they were to be married.

For that much, Jake was ecstatic, he'd told Victoria the moment they'd returned home in a letter, and his parents soon after via the Floo Network.

Now, all Jake had to do was wait for their baby to come in to the world, and his family would be perfect.

Slipping away from the school that afternoon, Jake had gone baby clothes hunting. As they were still unsure as to what sex their child was going to be, Jake and Veronika had stuck to neutral colours, deciding not to over do the normal colours of a boy or a girl. Jake was (secretly) hoping for a little girl first, but he didn't say anything to Veronika, after all, it wouldn't do well to wish for a little girl and get a boy instead.

So, Jake had found himself in the baby section of Gladrags wizardwear, looking through the small clothes with a small frown on his face. In all honesty, he wasn't very good at this, but he was trying his best to look like he had some idea of what he was doing.

However, his decision between the orange baby grow and the yellow on was interrupted by someone's voice. Looking up, Jake murmured an apology and moved out of the way of the pram, not really noticing the boy behind it until he heard his own name.

Looking properly this time, Jake gave the boy a small smile. "Hi, Kai." The professor responded, motioning to the pram. "Your baby?" He asked, somewhat confused. There was only one baby in Hogwarts that Jake was aware of and, quite honestly, he was surprised at the pairing if the child was Kai's. Though, of course, that was not something he would say as a Professor.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
April Showers (Jake) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Before running into Jake, Kai had been absentmindedly looking at the little boy flannels and beanies because well - they were adorable. Without thinking, Kai had grabbed a blue flannel off the shelf along with a white onesie, a pair of baby jeans and a grey beanie.His baby had to look like him, even if he took more of Adaline's features such as his vibrant blue eyes. However, the baby had dark hair like both mom and dad but he was light skinned like Adaline and his hair was very, very scant and almost non-existent.

Kai had been planning Adaline's engagement for a while now, especially since Silas carried Reid as his name. He'd also been in the process of getting them a small flat with the money he'd earned over his summer and winter breaks. When the baby had been born, they'd been transported to St. Mungo's as soon as the attack chilled out and his parents and her parents were there and luckily, there was no drama, though maybe it was simply because Adaline had just given premature birth in the middle of an attack and everyone was just lucky that they had survived.

Kai nodded to Professor Jake. "Yes sir," he said picking the rousing baby up before he could start fussing. Silas' blue eyes were now open and staring at the face of his father as Kai worked to rock him back to sleep or at least keep his crying to a minimum. He was in no way Adaline, meaning he didn't have that magic touch but he was still lucky because Silas seemed to like him still.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a tiny leather jacket and as soon as his conversation was complete with Jake he'd make a beeline for it. Adaline would probably kill him for dressing their baby up like Kai dressed up, but it would be so worth it. Remembering that Jake was in the baby section, Kai's confusion returned. Was Jake having a baby? "Did you need help with anything?" Kai asked, motioning to the items Jake had previously been looking at.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 4:36 pm

As the Gryffindor replied to say that the baby was his, Jake nodded a little at the answer, watching the boy pick the child up. It was - to Jake - terrifying that someone so young could be responsible for a child, but it was the way of the world. Just because children scared Jake (or at least the idea of looking after them) didn't mean everyone was the same.

"Congratulations." Jake replied to the boy with a warm smile. He meant it, too, despite Kai's age, Jake knew that it meant a lot to people. And, by the way Kai was going about sorting out the child, he gathered he was comfortable with the child - something Jake had to give him credit for.

"Did you need help with anything?"

"What?" Jake asked, before realising he'd been looking a little confused as he looked between the children's clothes. "Oh. I... I'm just looking for something for my... baby." Jake explained, hesitating only because he wasn't sure how to explain that this was not his thing. "I'm just not good with colours." He added, giving a small shrug.

"It's coming round too quickly, and I simply don't know what I need!" Jake added, giving off a small laugh as he finished to try to hide that he was failing at something someone much younger than him seemed to be dealing with without so much as batting an eyelid in that moment.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:23 pm

"Thanks," Kai said giving the professor a bit of a smile. His gaze flickered between the baby and the professor, being sure to keep an eye on Jake as they spoke but to also pay attention to Silas, who now apparently thought his hands were food. As he sucked on his hands, it caused weird sounds to come from him and in order to quiet him down, Kai stuck a dummy in his mouth.

When Jake asked 'what' Kai raised an eyebrow and then the question seemed to hit him. "You're... having a baby too? Congratulations," Kai said, giving the professor another small smile. He was happy for him really, but he would need to learn  to have a bit more style in his taste of baby clothing.

"Well, what are you having? I mean the gender - what's the gender of the baby?" Kai asked, a bit of a stammer in his tone. He wasn't nervous, but he simply wasn't good at this baby thing either but Jake probably thought he was. Colours wasn't going to be the only thing he worried about when that baby came. He'd worry about what to do when it cried and he'd probably be really nervous to him - or her at first. Then again, Jake's baby may not be premature like Silas had been.

Kai nodded, he completely understood what Jake meant. "Adaline's pregnancy flew by, it seems like just yesterday she told me that she was pregnant and now - " he paused and looked down to Silas, sort of using him as his own words instead of finishing. "You really don't need that much at first," he said, trying to reassure him before realising he was not the best person to be reassuring him. "Just don't um - panic, I guess. Also, panicking when she goes into labour is worse than panicking throughout the pregnancy," Kai's words faded out and his hand went instinctively to his head to give it a nervous scratch.

"Did you want to hold him?" Kai asked, holding the baby out to Jake, "It's great for practice, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:51 pm

At the question, Jake gave a small nod, his hand coming up to his face, rubbing across his beard as a sign of uncertainty in that moment. "I am, well, my girlfriend is. Partner. Fiance." Jake tried to explain, frowning to himself. "Veronika is having a baby, our baby." He settled on finally, smiling a little more in that moment because he'd finally gotten to the bottom of what he was trying to say. "Thank you." Jake added a moment later, realising he'd been congratulated.

"We don't know." Jake replied, giving a small shrug. "I didn't want to find out when we were at the scans, and Veronika agreed to wait with me. I... kind of want the surprise, though now I'm looking for things for the baby, perhaps that wasn't the right idea." Jake explained, letting out a small sigh. "I'm hoping we have a little girl though."

Admitting he wanted a daughter was something Jake hadn't yet done out loud, and when he realised he had just confessed that to one of his students made Jake's eyes go wide. "Please don't tell anyone I said that." He added, hoping Kai would understand why he didn't want that widely known.

"Don't panic." Jake mused, shaking his head at the thought. "Seeing Veronika getting bigger each day is terrifying. The thought of a child..." The professor shook his head. "I try not to panic, not around Veronika, anyway." He admitted, whether that was the right thing to do, Jake didn't know, but it was how he worked.

"Did you want to hold him? It's great for practice, you know?"

Looking to the small baby in Kai's arms, Jake paused, apprehensive as he took in the child before him. "I don't know..." Jake replied uneasily. "I'm not... I've not... I'm not sure I'd be much good at it." Jake explained, giving a timid look that said he was sorry to admit that. "And, worse yet, I might make him cry." Jake added, nervous not even beginning to cut how he felt in that moment.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 7:47 pm

When Jake's hand rubbed his beard, Kai instantly marked it as a sign of nervousness because he had done the same thing except instead of his hand rubbing his bear - it ran through his hair. Kai smirked a bit, understanding what Jake meant but when his face turned into a frown, so did Kai's. "Veronica? Professor Hollands?" Kai had no clue the two were engaged, in fact he didn't even know they were dating and he wondered if it was because they kept it quiet or he was not very observant. Kai went with the first choice. If Professor Hollands was pregnant, maybe that had been why she'd been absent. It made complete sense now as she was probably sick or something. "Send her my - our best wishes," he added, hoping Jake understood that by our he meant Adaline.

He nodded as Jake spoke, following along with what he said. "I wanted to know, but Adaline didn't so well, Silas was a surprise." Kai offered a smile, "We made it without knowing, I think you can too but you should definitely talk to her if you think your decision was wrong." Kai shifted Silas' weight a bit in his arms. "Though it's really kind of her to wait with you," Kai replied. "I'm sure you'll be a great father, boy or girl."

He figured that by Jake's facial expression after admitting he wanted a daughter, he had never told anyone. When Jake spoke again, his assumptions were deemed to be correct. "Don't worry, I won't," Kai answered, "I actually kind of want a daughter as well, I mean I'm happy with Silas because he'll carry on my name but I want a daughter."

"I think people put too much pressure on themselves when they're expecting parents, I mean it's not too hard but you do sort of need to be ready and Jake, I think you're more than ready. Maybe not emotional wise but financial wise you are." Kai admitted, that was something he had not been. Kai didn't have the finances for Silas which was why once he found out about him he began working, especially in the summers.

"He won't cry, he's pretty content right now," Kai said moving towards Jake. "Listen Jake, I'm only doing this because I don't want you going into that delivery room and not knowing how to how your own child." Kai held out Silas and moved him into Jake's arms making sure to show Jake how to properly cradle a baby.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:04 pm

"Veronika? Professor Hollands?"

Jake nodded at the question, giving a small smile. "Yes, Professor Hollands." He replied, before letting out a soft chuckle. "I guess the rumour mill is not as good as it used to be up at the school." Jake added, not believing that people hadn't somehow caught wind of it. True, Jake and Veronika hadn't openly showed that they were together, but he knew they weren't exactly... discrete either. But, Jake preferred things kept quiet, that left little room for outside influences to get involved in the relationship.

"And thank you, I'm sure Veronika will be glad to hear your well wishes. As am I."

"Oh, I don't really want to know. It would just make this kind of thing easier, but that's the fun of it, I guess." Jake replied, motioning to the large amount of baby clothes that had him baffled. "Veronika is great, she's understanding, even if she doesn't have to be! I just hope the kids are like her, more than me." He mused, before giving a shrug. "I'll be as good a dad as I can be, and I'll just hope to Merlin that it's enough."

The idea of carrying on the family name was not something Jake had really thought of. Though now he thought of it, it would probably be a good thing for him to do that too. But, it wasn't a priority. "Wait, you want more? Already?" Jake asked, trying not to sound too worried in that moment, but he couldn't help but think that for someone Kai's age it would be better to wait, just a litle longer, before even thinking about children.

But then, Jake was old fashioned, and wanted to make sure everything was right for the baby before it came.

And only time would tell if he'd gotten this right this time.

"Financially, we are." Jake agreed, he doubted his net worth was much of a secret from his days as a Quidditch player, and even if he hadn't had that, his money as an Auror would be ample. Not to mention Veronika's situation with her very rich parents. They were lucky, unlike many other people. "But I'd rather be emotionally ready, to be honest."

However, all worries, all thoughts, were pushed from Jake's head a moment later when Kai forced the baby in to his arms, moving his arms until he had what he guessed was the 'proper' way to hold a baby.

Jake froze, looking down at the small child in his arms.

He'd held Victoria, when she was first born. She had been tiny as a baby, premature, precious. But he'd been a carefree child at the time, and now, he understood the fragility of a child.

But now, he was just scared. Of all the things that would scare him, it would be the sweetest things on the planet. "Now what?" Jake asked, looking back up at Kai, uncertainty on his features clear as day.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 3:29 am

Kai nodded when Jake confirmed that it was in fact Professor Hollands. He had never actually taken her for a class, but he had heard that she taught Duelling and something else. Kai shrugged, "Maybe not in the case of professor lives but in the case of an unplanned student pregnancy, it definitely gets around." Kai knew about the rumour mill all too well, especially since at one point he had been a major part of the group that made up the rumour mill.

"Your welcome," Kai said with a slight smile.

"I'm sure it would make it a lot easier," Kai confirmed wondering what it would have been like to know that Silas was a boy as opposed to calling him a gender neutral pronoun the entire nine months. He could have shopped better for him and better prepared for him. The slight heartache of not getting a daughter the first time would have not last as long and he possibly would have been a bit less anxious about the birth."That's great," Kai said, "I'm sure you'll both be great parents."

Kai shrugged once more, "It'd be nice, though not immediately, Adaline needs rest." Which was true, the Healer had told her that she needed to wait a year before she had another child. "We'll wait two to three years but we don't want to be in our forties and fifties having to chase around a child." Better yet, Kai didn't want to look like a grandpa to the children that was actually his children as opposed to his grandchildren.

But first, he needed to propose and marry Adaline.

"That's great," Kai replied glad that Jake had it together at least financially. That was one way he was more ready than Kai had been. Though, he did understand how Jake felt about wanting to be ready emotionally as well. Had Kai been ready emotionally, he would have never ad the mass panic attacks he had so often had, or at least he hoped he wouldn't have. Kai hoped that with the second child he'd be ready emotionally and financially.

Kai was glad that Jake hadn't froze so bad that he had dropped Silas because he could never break news like that to Adaline.

However, Jake did freeze.

Kai shrugged, "Um that's really it, I mean, you cradle the body, you cradle the head and you take care of it. Change it, feed it, comfort it."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 8:32 pm

OOC: I am so, so sorry for the late reply!

Jake gave a small smile in response to his life thankfully not being too interesting in the student's eyes. Though, he guessed it depended on the individual in question as to where their interest lied. Soon, however, Jake knew that it would not be that much of a secret of his and Veronika's being together.

The idea of children - for that was all Jake could see his students as - planning to have their second child before they were twenty was something that Jake believed the two of his students to be mad. How could you possibly... but he cut off that thought, because it was not his life. He had no control over their thoughts, and if they had one child... well, he supposed another couldn't make too much more difference.

Except...

"Just make sure you do what you want to do... first. There's always time for children." Jake insisted, giving a small smile, hoping to be coming off as a friendly suggestion, rather than an authorative insistence in that moment.

As Kai explained that all he was doing now was all he needed to do made Jake frown momentarily. This was scary, and yet... easy. Okay, he wasn't fool enough to believe that his own child would be this easy to deal with. There would be ups and downs, and things that made him uncomfortable. But holding the child...

Looking down at the small features, Jake smiled at the baby before him. A timid smile, because he didn't want to scare the child. But Jake stayed still, not sure about moving in that moment. "Do... you want him back? Before I upset him?" Jake prompted, hoping Kai would take the child back because he didn't want to coo over the child. He wasn't sure what else to do, and this was awkward for the professor. Hopefully, Kai would understand that much.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April Showers (Jake)   April Showers (Jake) Empty

Back to top Go down

April Showers (Jake)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next