Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Today at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) Empty
PostSubject: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 11:44 am

Lucys outfit for the day

While Lucy had been doing her mothers garden she had come across a small amulet. It reeked of dark magic to her and she didn't know what else to do but get rid of it. She had gone to Knocturn Alley. Somewhere she really didn't like to begin with but she wanted rid of the amulet.

Her problem was she rarely spoke up for herself, and didn't deal well with defending herself. If she didn't have potions and magical creatures and tattooing she would have been a squib. She didn't mind she just didn't have the confidence usually nor the ability to create defensive spells. Her teacher, merlin bless him had done absolutely everything to help her. She had passed in theory work, however had failed practicals in almost every aspect or at best barely passed. She was no auror material that was for sure.

The shopkeeper had been quite rude and the guys that had gone into the shop had followed her around it. She didn't like it but was nowhere near capable of getting rid of them. "Please I just want rid of the amulet." She had said before the man behind the counter had gotten rather loud and rude. Of course she shyed away, dropping the amulet as she tried to move away from the two men that were getting increasingly scarier by the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Patrols had started after the attack on Hogsmeade Village shortly before Christmas. All magical places were now assigned a handful of Aurors who milled around the streets in plain sight. It was a deterrent for trouble and general crime rates had plummeted with the presence of Aurors in the street.

Today was any normal day, Jake was casually strolling the streets, hand on his wand, ready for anything to happen. He doubted he would be so lucky as to get a Nightshade come across his path so he could take the man off to Azkaban, but he was hopeful.

However, as Jake walked past the Curiosity Shop, he noted a woman being harassed by two men. That much was obvious from her body language. Stepping in to the shop, Jake raised an eyebrow at the men before he spoke. "Everything okay in here, Miss?" He asked, the badge of the Auror division quite clear on his chest. The two men looked around at him, noted the badge, and moved away from the witch. Jake's eyes stayed on them, though, in case they thought it might be fun to try something.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Lucy turned as she heard an all too familiar voice. Professor Jake. His Auror badge on display. She watched as the men behind her walked away. "Yes Sir I'm okay." She said, not daring to acknowledge she knew him any further. She didn't want herself to be targeted or even Jake though she knew he could take well care of himself.

She watched as the men left , the shopkeeper had quickly disappeared himself. Lucy tucked her hair back behind her ear. "Thanks Professor." She mumbled quietly. She sighed. "Sorry to cause trouble." She might of graduated last year but she still had a whole lot of respect for the man that had gone above and beyond to help her. He had given her confidence in times when she really needed it.

Despite her drawbacks with magic she really did love learning about magic, Professor Jake had been one of her favourite professors. He was young, not that that mattered but he had real world experience and often understood what kids were going through.

Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Once Jake was sure the two men were not going to cause trouble, he lowered his guard. Not completely, he was an Auror after all, but enough for his shoulders to relax, and the stern look on his face to relax in to a small smile as his attention turned to the witch who'd been in something of a predicament. As his eyes landed on Lucy Beware, his smile grew - whilst Lucy had never been his most talented student, she'd been one of the hardest workers, and Jake appreciated that more than somebody who aced every test.

"Hey, I told you to call me Jake!" The man said, putting his hand gently on Lucy's back and guiding her towards the door and away from the shop that wasn't the best place to be. "You're not causing trouble. Just men being... well, men." Jake told her, frowning a little. He didn't like to stereotype, but the vast majority of men could be pigs.

Once they were outside, Jake turned towards the witch and checked her over quickly. "You're alright? They didn't hurt you?" Jake asked, concern quite clear in his voice. "WhY are you even doing in Knockturn Alley? You know it's not safe down here at the best of times, let alone now!"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Lucy looked at the Professor and Auror and went with him as he guided her out. She smiled a little. "I didn't want to call you that in front of them." Lucy told him, "I don't want to cause you any more trouble than you need ..Jake."

To say the mans name without a Professor or Sir in front of it was unusual and foreign to her to say the least. Once outside fully she looked down. " I was trying to get rid of an amulet I found." She admitted, "I found it in the garden at my mothers. I just wanted rid of it ." She didn't know if it belonged to her father or not and to be honest she didn't care she had just wanted it gone.

"And to answer your first question no they didn't hurt me Jake . Just scared me is all." Lucy said, "It was stupid of me to come here but I didn't want to trouble any aurors or anyone like that with something so trivial. Not with how many dangers are running around."She said to Jake. "How are you going? With everything?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:49 am

"Honestly, Lucy, you're not causing trouble, this is my job. I'm just glad I got here when I did." Jake insisted, casting a glance back in to the shop and then back at the witch before him. He couldn't bear to think how different that could have been. Now he had his own daughter, he had realised just how vulnerable women were against men, and though Adrienne was only just coming up one, he was terrified.

"An amulet? Did you get rid of it?" Jake asked, anything just lying around now was not something that should be brought around freely. Merlin only knew what kind of magic it might be harboring.

"Silly , not stupid. Just please don't come down here in your own again, okay?" Jake asked of her. He knew he wasn't her professor anymore, and he'd never claim to have any kind of authority over her, but he could still try to guide her so that she didn't come in to trouble again.

"I'm doing well, thank you. Minus lack of sleep, and I'm perfect." Jake told her with a small smile. "Never get two jobs whilst trying to look after two small children. It's exhausting." Jake told her, but the smile on Jake's lips showed that he really didn't begrudge any of it really.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 7:23 am

Lucy hated that she had had to have someone like Jake protect her. Maybe if she wasn't so useless at defence against these exact dark arts she wouldn't have to be saved. Being the damsel in distress wasn't a pleasant feeling.

"I.....had it.. I think I dropped it. I don't care for it I just wanted rid of it." She said sighing. Maybe she could have just written to Jake but she hadn't thought of that. She looked at Jake, wrapping her hoodie further around her slim figure. "Believe me I won't be. I hate this place."

Lucy smiled as she heard he was doing well. "When are you gonna come get a tattoo about Adrienne from me huh?" She asked, "Nah I'm okay kids are gross. Well my own would be you know I'm happy to babysit whenever." She told him, now he wasn't her professor she could be a little more personal. She smiled, really glad he had gotten her out of the sticky mess. "Believe me my shop and Mum keep me busy enough." She was actually surprised how well people in London, especially Purebloods were about getting tattoos.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:18 pm

Finding the witch had dropped the amulet, Jake turned back to the shop. "Wait here a minute." Jake told the witch, going back in to the shop, and getting the shopkeeper to hand over the amulet that Lucy had dropped in her haste. Jake had placed a containment charm on it, in case of any dark magic, and pocketed the amulet so that he could take it back to the Ministry and get it disposed of properly. Rather than having it sold on the black market and injuring someone.

Coming back out of the shop, Jake moved back to Lucy. "Next time, please send me an owl, or Floo me. I don't want you to get hurt by these objects." Jake told the witch, because he was all too aware that her defensive skills were not as good as many other people in their world.

"Alas, no tattoos. I think Veronika would murder me if I were to get one." Jake replied with a small laugh. "And, if I got an Adrienne tattoo, I'd have to get an Ivan tattoo too." He reminded her, shaking his head. "As beautiful as your work is, Lucy, I'm not the kind to get them. As for babysitting, you'd have to get past their very doting grandparents to get a look in, and then their aunt. If you can get past all of them, you might get a chance of babysitting." Jake joked softly.

"Also, when I was your age, I had the same view on kids. Now I have two, and a third one in the pipeline - so to speak - you'll come around to the idea." Jake insisted. "Wanna get an ice cream? My treat? You can tell me how your business is going?" He prompted, trying to make up for the mishap she'd just been through, even though it wasn't his fault.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 11:40 pm

Biting her lip, Lucy waited as she saw Jake go back into the shop. Noticing the shopkeeper returning the amulet to him and noticed Jake pocketing it. She knew he would be taking it to his work so it could be dealt with properly."Whatever you find on that. I don't want to know." She had a strong feeling it was something of her dads but didn't want it.

She listened as she was told to send him an owl or go see him. She knew he was saying it because of her struggle with DADA but she nodded. She was sure he would rather anyone go to him then try deal with it themslves. Really she was lucky he wasn't charging her with trying to sell a dark object.

Jake's words on tattoos made her laugh though,"True." She said, "Hey I"m sure Veronika would love it if you got the right one." Him having to get one for each of his kids though did make a lot of sense. "Fair enough." Lucy pouted when she was told she would need to struggle to babysit. "Fair enough I"m sure the grandparents spoil them rotten." She laughed, knowing the kids were extremely well looked after.

She shrugged when he spoke about kids. "If it happens it happens its not really on my agenda." She said, she didn't think she would have kids but hey miracles could happen. Her eyes lit up at the offer of ice cream. It was probably him trying to bribe her but she didn't care."OH my god yes." She smiled, "There's an ice cream shops two streets away?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 am

"Oh, believe me, I won't find out myself. I'll leave it to the Cursebreakers in our office, and they'll destroy it. No questions asked from my end." Jake explained, because he'd rather not know what could have happened to him with some of the dark objects he'd brought in hadn't been handled properly.

"Maybe Veronika might... I don't know. My mom would kill me though, no two ways about that." Jake joked softly, shaking his head at the thought of his mom going hell for leather when she found out. "Though, I might get you to do me a canvas, thing... when my third child's here." Jake proposed, something for the mantelpiece at home. That much he knew Veronika wouldn't mind.

"Oh, it's not just the grandparents. I'm guilty as charged on that one. And Victoria... I don't know how we're going to get the children to work out that just because Victoria is coming over does not mean they will be getting a present." Jake explained fondly. Victoria would never change in that aspect, and as much as she spoiled the kids, Jake knew she only meant well.

"Just the next street, actually. On Diagon Alley. It does some of the most amazing ice cream, come on, I'll show you." Jake insisted, heading up the street back towards Diagon Alley.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )   Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Even kittens believe they can be lions. (Jake )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next