Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
The Main Ball - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The Main Ball - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The Main Ball - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The Main Ball - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The Main Ball - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The Main Ball

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Main Ball - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Mercy was quite proud of herself. Having no way of buying herself a costume for the ball, she had turned to her older housemates for help. She was not one to ask for donations, however, so she had opted to win the favour in a game of exploding snap. Taking on three seventh years, and with only a rudimentary understanding of the game, her first foray into gambling had been an astonishing success. Not once did it cross her mind that the older Gryffindors might have simply melted in the presence of an adorable, determined first year and let her win, with the intention of buying something for her anyway.

She'd asked to be a knight, with two requirements: 1) no skirts, and 2) a cool sword. They did not disappoint. Earlier that day, they'd returned from their shopping and handed her a bag, which she accepted with glee. Now she entered the ballroom her head held high and adorned with a golden plastic crown, a sword in one hand, and a shield in the other. Her red and gold livery bore a lion rampant crest, which the young Gryffindor wore with pride.

She headed straight for a bowl of sweets near the door, and stuffed a handful in her pocket. Then she looked around the room, taking in all the Halloween decorations, and the wide range of costumes sported by many people she did not recognize. She stood on her tip toes and craned her neck, searching for a familiar face. Mimosa said she was coming.

She hadn't seen the other girl in person since they'd first met in Diagon Alley, but that didn't seem to matter much. They'd clicked almost instantly, and they'd been texting quite a bit since then. She couldn't wait to see her again, and show her around the castle! She hoped Mimosa loved exploring, because there were a lot of things to see.

Sticking a caramel in her mouth, she finally spotted a flash of brown hair that looked about the right height. With a grin, she darted off through the crowd, holding her sword aloft and charging toward her friend, skidding to a halt at the last moment, and readjusting her crown, which had almost fallen off in her excitement.

"Mimosa!" she shouted, beaming widely.

The Main Ball - Page 2 GOLD%20CROWN%20QUEEN%20KING%20ROYALTY%20CROWN%20(1) The Main Ball - Page 2 51ySnOuj2pL

The Main Ball - Page 2 F7d8952c535ab1e344ad24dc180fe474--toddler-boy-costumes-halloween-costumes-for-kids
Back to top Go down
Jacques Clement
Adult
Adult
Jacques Clement

Birthday : 2004-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Mimosa's excitement about the castle was something Jacques had never, ever shared. Hogwarts was a dismal place. Scotland was a disgustingly drab place. But, it wasn't France, it wasn't Versailles, and it most certainly wasn't the Palace. That had been what Jacques had liked about it. If you could call his tolerance for the castle a like in any shape or form.

Jacques kept such thoughts to himself, though, knowing his Maman would not condone his ruining of Mimosa's enjoyment of the evening.

"Et là je pensais que c'était moi." Jacques muttered to himself, not nearly loud enough for the young witch to hear him. Whoever this Michelle might be, Jacques doubted that anyone worth his attention would be someone Mimosa could know.

It was only a few moments, though, before Jacques was (embarrassingly) introduced to Michelle by the Clement ward. His eyes moved from Mimosa to the witch she'd introduced to him in that moment. A woman who was clearly not a Pureblood woman, but definitely could have been a source of entertainment had he not been landed with the nine year old witch stood beside him for the evening.

"It's a pleasure making your acquaintance Heir Clement... Or is it Lord?"

A smirk touched Jacques' lips at her words, taking in her choice of words before giving a small shake of his head. "Jacques is just fine. A friend of Mimosa's is a friend of mine." Jacques replied -- the words for the benefit of the child before him, not because he had any intention of befriending the woman before him. The Roux's... well, Jacques couldn't bring enough of substance to mind to be able to place the family name, so therefore didn't try to place her in the social hierarchy.

Everyone, after all, was below a Clement.

Before a forced conversation was pushed in to life, though, Jacques' attention was taken by another small child running at them, stopping abruptly, and shouting Mimosa's name. The Clement heir managed to contain the repulsed look -- when did children become so undignified?

That wasn't something he had the answer for, though, instead he turned to Mimosa. "Looks like you have a friend, Mimosa, care to introduce me?" He said, turning away from Michelle with the message clear, he did not wish to entertain her in the slightest.

Et là je pensais que c'était moi -- And there I was thinking it was me.

~ Profile ~
~ Clement Heir ~ 24 ~ Athletic ~ 5'11" ~ French Accent ~
The Main Ball - Page 2 Ojucpn10
Thanks to .V0ldiemort @ TDA for my signature!
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Mimosa had known Jacques and Michelle would instantly like each other, how could they not? They were both amazing people and Mimosa loved them dearly so it was only reasonable that they loved each other too. Any doubt the little witch may have had as immediately erased when Jacques confirmed that any friend of little Mimosa's as a friend of his. the child's smile stretched from ear to ear as he nodded enthusiastically.

"Michelle is also from France," the little witch explained, unaware that her chaperone may already know that. "I met her when I was visiting in the summer, when i missed your birthday," the brunette added, looking up at Jacques to see if he remembered. "Nanny Dupont forgot to take me home so Michelle brought me back. She met Grandpere and we all had tea." Mimosa hadn't seen the nanny after that day, the child wondered hat had happened to the hat loving older woman.

But before she could wonder long, another shout distracted her and, to her amazement, Mercy emerged dressed as a cross between a knight and a king. Clearly there as some mix up at the costume shop as they'd given her a boy costume instead of a girl one but Mercy looked good in it!

"Mercy!" the child called out, ehr voice raised in a squeal loud enough to be heard over the crowd. As she tuned, Michelle and Jacques on either side, Mimosa was temporarily blinded by more cameras going off in their direction before the Gryffindor was bounding up to them. The young brunette hugged Mercy fiercely before turning to introduce ehr to the group.

"Mercy, please meet my friend Michelle, and Jacques Clement, he brought me here tonight because I missed his birthday. Guys, this is my really, really, really good friend, Mercy Williams. She just started Hogwarts this year and is in Gryffindor - the red house." Mimosa was quite proud she at least had that one house down. Searching for presents for a Gryffindor student had definitely helped with remembering the name.

the queue forming behind them was getting long so they group moved indoors, towards the buffet tables and the dance floor constructed to one side of the large hall. Walking with the sway of the crowd, the group moved towards the dance floor. Mimosa chattering to Mercy non stop. "Have you seen Charles? is he here? Or Dia? I think she was coming with Aunt Tess but I don't see hrr? Where is your room? Can we see it?"

It was when they were finally standing in an intimate group just off the dance floor that Mimosa noticed something else, making her look up at Jacques uncertainly before she asked the question, confusion written in her glue grey gaze. "Jacques, where's Elenore? She's coming right?"

Back to top Go down
Dia Greene
Gryffindor Prefect
Gryffindor Prefect
Dia Greene

Birthday : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 pm

The Main Ball - Page 2 C7b21c17cc9c46f22ffede636edb426f--princess-costumes-disney-costumes

Dominique was excited as the Halloween ball was finally here. And she had begged her mother who she knew hat she could never tell her no. The perks of being an only child. And Dom found the perfect costume. As she was going to be princess Jasmine from the Disney movie Aladdin. She knew that Mim was going to be there and she was going to finally meet Mercy. Dom only knew her from a text message. But that wasn't the best way to get to know anybody. So it was hard for her to keep all the excitement in. As tonight was going to be magical. Tonight she was going to be at Hogwarts. It was a place that she knew about in stories. Now she was going to be seeing it with her own eyes. Meaning that it was going to be something that she wouldn't forget. As she would be attending Hogwarts next year.

As she walked in the main ball. Looking around as her mouth was open because of everything around her. Trying to hold in everything she looked around the room for her friend. She knew her mother would go off as she rusted he young girl.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Prim eagerly awaited her boyfriend, curiously wondering what the male would be going as; considering that she was going as Tinkerbell she silently hoped that Max would decide to go as Pan purely for the fact that doing couple costumes would be cute and would make Prim very happy as well.

When she heard Max approach her, the blond-haired female turned to beam at her boyfriend only to blink her eyes at the costume; well, you certainly didn't get to see that every day. Prim had to stop herself from actually jumping the male and staking her claim on him in front of all these witnesses. She could feel the many eyes on them and she didn't like it though nothing showed on her face apart from a smile.

"I like it." The witch did as Max motioned and slipped the flower into her hair, tilting her head to the side and peering at the male. "How does it look?" She asked. "You look great as well, you make an amazing Pan." She replied with her own cheeks flushing as she grabbed his hand and locked their fingers together, leading her boyfriend into the Great Hall where they could enjoy the party.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Max smiled as the wild flowers slid in to his girlfriend's hair, making her even more beautiful than she was before that moment. The question of how it looked brought a warm smile to Max's lips. "Beautiful, of course." He replied, leaning down to press a soft kiss on his girlfriend's lips.

The admission that he looked good made Max look down at his costume and then grin more than a little bit at the witch. "Thank you! Buckle helped me, with the collecting of the leaves, and things like that. Authentic, right?" Max replied, the happiness of his endeavours showing quite clearly in that moment. It had been a lot of work, but it seemed like it had been more than worth it in that moment.

Letting Prim take the lead, Max followed her in to the Ball, his eyes widening at the decorations that had been put in place in that moment. Wonder showed quite clearly, and Max definitely approved of it all as they moved further in. "So, can we find the candy stashes? I'm super hungry!" Max said, eyeing up the cauldrons that were overflowing with different varieties of sweets for them to take.

Definitely by the end of the night, Max was going to have pockets filled with sweeties. A stash, he was already planning to make, even though sweeties were not an entirely good idea for the boy to have on mass.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Moving Post   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm

When Cammie heard of the halloween ball, she knew it was an opportunity to meet new people and also to make new friends. She sighed to herself and began to stand up and looked for an outfit. She took out a dress and black heels. “Not too simple and not too flashy” she thought to herself.
She put on some light makeup and braided her hair. Finally she was ready for the ball.

As she entered into the room, her breath hitched as she saw many students with beautiful dresses and suits looking amazing. She suddenly became a little bit insecure of what she was wearing. She knew classes were about to start really soon so she knew that she needs to let loose and have a little fun. She saw students dancing, chatting and most of all they were having fun. If they can have fun so can she.

Cammie being Cammie went to the food aisle and decided to eat since that’s her party trick. She looked for her favourite food nachos and guac. She knew she’s going to be here for a little while so why not just start with amazing food.
The Main Ball - Page 2 96849b5d034fccb075c6d5d604ac05a0 The Main Ball - Page 2 2041532_352172
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 8:16 am

The last ball she'd been to - Valetine's - Sophie had to dress up fancily. She'd suffered through the whole night in discomfort, but congratulated herself at the end for her endurance. She'd long since returned the dress to the friend she'd borrowed it from, and made her promise to never lend her any dresses ever again.

When the invitation for the Halloween Ball came, Sophie instantly rejected the idea, not even giving it a second thought. There was no way she was going, especially not if she had to dress up. The only thing she had that could even qualify for a Halloween costume was her stunt riding outfit. It was a pink monstrosity, but she had no say in the matter. Mack's Tack - a well-known tack store in her county that sold everything an equestrian could possibly need - had sponsored her stunt riding competition. If she'd known that it included having to wear a disgustingly pink costume, she'd have turned down the sponsorship. There was no way she was going to show up to the Ball dressed in...that.

But when she realised that fancy dress was optional and that she didn't have to wear a costume, Sophie decided she would go. Since fancy dress was required, that meant she could show up in anything she wanted. Of course, it wasn't difficult at all to assume that most of the students would be dressing up and she would probably be the only one wearing something so casual, but she couldn't care less. Dressed in blue jeans, a white tank top layered with a long-sleeved red plaid shirt, and brown boots, she made her way to the Ball, grabbing her black cowboy hat on her way out to complete her look.

Entering the hall, she grinned wryly to herself as one glance told her that almost all the girls present were clad in dresses. At least she brought variety to the table, and no one could tell her off for being informal. She'd just say that her Halloween costume was a cowgirl. That would shut them up nicely.

She made her way to the food table, stopping along the way to greet a few of her friends. By the time she reached the table, she was ready to fill her stomach. She grabbed a plate and began to fill it with the Halloween themed food. Once she'd satiated her hunger a little, she glanced around noticing that most everybody was busy chatting or talking with somebody else except for another girl - dressed in a sensible black dress - at the food table.

Not quite knowing who she was - since most of her time was spent with Phoenix and not meeting new people - Sophie decided to introduce herself. She was definitely an older year student, but probably not a Gryffindor. "Hi, I'm Sophie!" she began after catching the girl's eye.

[[OOC: For clarity, Sophie was addressing Cammie.]]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 12:06 pm

“Could she be a threat?” Cammie thought to herself. As the young girl named Sophie introduced herself. Cammie looked at her cowgirl outfit and thought to herself well at least she’s being herself and she looks amazing in it. Blocking her negative thoughts, she smiled at Sophie and introduced herself “Hello fellow student name’s Cammie but i prefer Cam.” feeling her introvert self coming out, she quickly take her nachos and started eating. Another thing Cammie hates it’s that she doesn’t know how to start a conversation with others but she decided to at least try.

Cammie looked at the ball and people are having fun, swaying to the music, and chatting with their peers. “You can do it Cam” she thought to herself. She decided to befriend this girl with the cowgirl outfit.
“Nachos and guac?” as Cammie held out a bowl of Nachos,she hoped that they could converse more.  
As soon as she said that, she quickly felt nervous. She could feel her hands sweating so she put the delicious food down and with a frown on Cammie’s face, she said to the young ecstatic girl “ sorry i gotta go you should hang out with your friends i’m not quite a talker… but i hope to see you soon.” Cammie walked away with a frown and she felt disappointed that she couldn’t even talk with someone more than a few sentences.

She walked to the bathroom to calm herself down, and looked in the mirror. She knows that it could potentially hurt the young girl’s feeling. So she quickly washed her face and said to herself to the mirror “You can do this Cam she’s not going to hurt you.” She hastily walked back to the ball to find Sophie to apologise and to converse more with Sophie hoping to be friends with her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Sasha heard that there was a ball but she wasn't really that excited about it really. She still decided to go and check it out. Maybe she could even have some fun there and make some new friends for herself. The girl just wants to have some fun and not think about some of the things in her life.

She knew it was Halloween one so costume would be nice. She did choose one so long time. So she decided to go something nice. So this is how she managed to put together the outfit what she is wearing now. She won't tell how she come up with this idea. She did put on some light might up and she was ready to go.

She walked towards the Great Hall what was decorated just for this evening/night. She was surprised what had done with the room really. She actually likes it. You could say even loved. It was so beautiful here. She had no idea what she should do here. So she the girl did stand next to the door awkwardly and looked around. She just tried to find maybe someone who she knows.

She walked over some kind of snack table a few seconds later when she didn't find anyone who she knows. She figured she could see what they have there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Main Ball   The Main Ball - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Main Ball
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next