Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 am

An easy grin decorated Jackson's face as his Canadian counterpart approached him, the joking greeting putting him at ease. If Americans had a certain perception of Canadians being too nice, Lucien certainly wasn't doing anything to rectify that as he warmly shook hands with the other wizard.

"What you call "arguing" we call "Sunday Brunch with grandma" state side," Jackson laughed before reaching for the lady's hand and giving it a quick polite kiss. When asked who Sasha was, the man beamed proudly. "I'd like to introduce my girlfriend, Ms. Sasha Denvers. She's from the UK and has graciously decided to accompany me to this Summit so I don't look like the loner I usually am."

After Judith, Jackson had rather amassed a certain reputation when it came to attending function with stock dates rather than an interesting girlfriend or commuted fiance. The reason being he had never felt ready to date after that unfortunate incident. now though, the man was ready for a change.

"Though I should be asking you who the lovely lady is," he threw back, respectfully taking in the woman beside Lucien. Her face seemed familiar, making him think about law enforcement figures for some reason. Perhaps the woman had turned up in his research of the Canadian Royal Mounties?

All around them, dignitaries and politicians were flocking, from the diamond studded Clements to the eyesore shimmering in gold that as the Somalian arrival. Jackson tried not to gaze too much at the diminutive looking girl in purple beside the dark skinned man, he'd learned Somalia wasn't big on women's rights.

"It looks like the generation gap exists even in politics," he commented, amused. To demonstrate his point, Jackson gestured towards the mingling parties. The British Minister had found solace in the company of the Somalian while the French and German representatives took to the dance floor. All around, people were finding comfort in drinks and conversation, and the man wondered how many actually had politics on their minds.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 3:43 pm

Sasha was listening what people were saying there now. Even if she herself wasn't sure what to say there now. She barely knew anything about politics or anything like that. She didn't mind being here with Jackson but she decided to keep her mouth shut, so she won't embarrass herself there.

When Jackson called her to be his girlfriend then this came a surprise to her girl there, to be honest. She tried to not show it out since it would be a good idea. She was sure they need to talk about it later. Even if she didn't mind being one, she actually likes the idea. She basically has slowly come to the conclusion that she has actually has feelings for him. Even if she probably shouldn't.

Awhile Jackson talked with those two in front of them then Sasha just looked a bit around the room. She noticed there suddenly from the corner of her eye Elenore parents, basically they did bit resemble her and she basically knew who they were. Most people knew who Elenore was. Anyways Sasha really hoped that Elenore isn't here. She doesn't want any gossip going on about her at her new school year.

She didn't really know that Elenore's mother is big on gossip too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Lucien laughed comfortably with his American counterpart as they eased into a casual conversation.

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Denver," he remarked sincerely. "Lucky for you two that America and the UK happen to agree on this particular issue, eh?"

As Jackson turned his attention to Rebecca, the auror smiled and introduced herself. "Rebecca Dyer."

"My fiance," Lucien added. "Though that's hardly the most important thing about her."

Rebecca may not be a politician herself, but she was smart and confident, and new how to hold her own in a conversation. She'd also been paying attention to the issue at hand--after all, it affected her too. She'd been helping him with his research and arguments for the past few months, and reading through his notes on the other delegates' stances after each day of debates. She was certainly educated enough to argue the subject on her own, and could probably carry out his duties just as well as he could if she wanted to. He'd trust her completely if they were ever to split up during the gala and engage the other delegates individually. That being said, they had no such plans--they both preferred to stick together, and Rebecca was much more comfortable as an auror than as a politician. She was perfectly happy to sit back and let Lucien do his own job.

"Indeed," Lucien agreed with the American's remark as he too glanced around the room. "And to think, I was just starting to feel old before I got here. Now I feel like a newbie all over again. You'd think twelve years would be enough time to feel like you know what you're doing."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 6:47 am

Yusuf's gaze lingered on the mirror behind the well-stocked bar for a few more heartbeats than was polite before turning the British Minister of Magic.

"Evening Minister," he offered with some effort before flashing a crooked grin of white, yellow, and gold. "I am well. This is Aaminna, my wife."

He gestured to the shorter woman at his side as if he were pointing out the newest car in his garage. The woman smiled meekly at Kamren and inclined her head ever so slightly, but said nothing.

"Would you buh-lieve we've been married for ten years?"

The warlord's eyes narrowed ever so slightly here in anticipation of some kind of reaction to his question. After all, it didn't take a mathematical genius to subtract ten from twenty-three. He loved to watch the way people squirmed when faced with an affront to their normal sensibilities.

"One Whiskey and another shot of vodka," the bartender interjected with an entirely unnecessary flourish common to his line of work as he passed the amber drink to Kamren and the clear to Yusuf. "Let me know if there's anything else you need."

Giving the bartender a curt nod, Yusuf's gaze drifted from Kamren and to the glass of clear liquid. In a fluid motion of well-kept habit, he unwrapped a silver rune-etched chain from his wrist, dipped it into his drink, and pulled it out before putting it back on his wrist. Finding nothing awry, he nodded to himself and returned his attention to Kamren—poisoning would be a nasty way to go.

"What do we drink to?"

To make his intent clearer he raised his glass and waited with hungry black eyes set on the Minister of Magic.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Chuckling slightly as Lucien's remarks on feeling old before the summit, Jackson shook his head, his dark curls swaying gently with the motion. While most of his colleagues were fans of hair gel, Jackson had never seen much point in it and today was no different. 'I don't know," he replied with a friendly twinkle in his eye. "I'll let you know when I reach twelve years of service." The implication was simply a friendly dig at Lucien being older than him, in truth Jackson was approaching ten years of this, and yet he still felt unsure most days.

At his comment of the UK and US being on the same side, Jackson pulled a mock serous face, however the amusement in his eyes gave the show away. "Sasha and I rarely talk politics, the lady has much better things to do with her time, I'm told." He managed easily before reaching fondly for the redhead's hand. "She's a senior at university, so I'm glad she can give me the time of day let alone expect her to give my line of work the same attention."

Turning to the Canadian delegate's fiance, he asked politely. "And what about you, Ms. Dryer? What do you think of this whole shindig? Have you managed to have some fun on this trip? Because Lucien here looks like all he does is work. Makes us lazies look bad to be quiet honest with you."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Sasha still kept there quiet most of the time. She still tried to understand why Jackson had said a girlfriend there. Anyways she didn't worry about it too long time for now.

"Oh, it's pleasure to meet you too," she said there with a small smile on her face. "Oh yeah its probably good thing," she said something. She wasn't yeah that much into politics. She so badly wanted to correct there Jackson that she wasn't actually in university yet but she didn't wanna embarrass him there so she kept that fact to herself there now.

She knew what she was doing was the wrong thing to do and she was pretty aware of all that. But she wasn't yet ready to speak up there. All she hoped that one day she will tell truth there about her age.

Sasha wasn't sure what to say there really. So she just smiled there and let others speak there mostly. "Well, yes I have a lot on my plate due to my school yes. I'm glad it's summer break, so I can spend more time with my boyfriend and company to this event," she said with a small smile. Even if word boyfriend sounded so weird still for her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2018 6:32 pm

Aldric's Clothes:

The second day of the Summit passed by quickly for Aldric and then the Gala Dinner time caught up to him. He didn't mind attending dinners, much less Gala's, however the male was, by far, annoyed at the fact that he had to dress up for this during the summer, especially on such a little island.

He had decided against the traditional wizard dress robes and instead went for a muggle-styled suit that fitted him perfectly. Arriving at the gala, after wishing his daughter a good night that is, the male-headed for the punch-table where he poured himself a glass of whiskey before he was approached by the beautiful form of the Lady Vanessa Clement.

"Lady Clement." Aldric dipped his head in greeting to the woman, his eyes cautiously watching the woman as he catalogued her expressions. If there was one thing that Aldric did not like, it was not knowing why someone was approaching him and what they wanted. And while he had no doubt that the Lady Clement didn't come to threaten him, the German Lord of the Underworld couldn't help but be curious.

"How are you this fine evening?" He questioned.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 7:15 pm

When Kamren was introduced to Yusuf's wife, Aaminna, the British Minister inclined his head slightly in politeness, greeting the witch softly as his eyes caught the monstrosity that was Yusuf's smile. The multitude of colours was enough to give one's stomach a small flip, but none of this registered on the Minister's face. Neutrality was, and always would be, very important at these kind of events.

However, Kamren's neutrality was brought to a very abrupt halt when Yusuf explained that the young lady beside him had been his wife for a decade. At that point, Kamren's eyes grew wider with surprise, looking from Yusuf to the young lady beside him and then back again. Whilst Kamren was a man who had a good knowledge of the world, it was one thing being aware of child marriages and quite another to be faced with one.

"Congratulations!" Kamren replied to Yusuf's question, trying very hard not to look... anything less than happy for the couple. "The first ten are the most turbulent, but, after that everything settles beautifully. I've only eighteen months to go before I can celebrate thirty amazing years with my wife, Clarinda." The British Minister offered for conversation. "Though, unlike your wife, she stayed back home, with our daughter. We didn't think it necessary to uproot the whole family for a couple of days."

It wasn't a slight, merely an explanation of Kamren's lack of female on his arm. All of the other delegates seemed to have opted for that approach, but Kamren wasn't overly sure it was a necessity, only the French really had good cause for a significant other to be here. Still, they were in a beautiful area of the world, it would probably turn in to a holiday for a fair few delegates.

"Thank you," Kamren replied to the bartender, lifting his drink up towards his lips, only to pause to watch Yusuf's actions in that moment with his own drink. The larger man dipped something in to his drink, considering it, before looking happy in that moment, and Kamren couldn't help but give a small, somewhat bemused smile. "I'm quite sure they aren't going to poison the vodka any more than the stuff poisons your blood." Kamren said with a light laugh. Of course, it was possible that drinks could be spiked, and more likely with the amount of important people gathered here.

But, Kamren had never liked the idea of living with the continued idea of looking over his shoulder.

"We drink to all the countries voting the right way tomorrow." Kamren said, though he did not push his own view there. They could both drink to the 'right' decision, even if they were voting in the opposite directions. With that, Kamren carefully brought his glass to Yusuf's before sipping from it. "Speaking of such matters, any chance of an insight in to your beliefs on the whole Summit? Or will you be continuing with not giving anything away until your vote tomorrow?" Kamren asked, the smile on his lips showing he was only playing with the man before him, though, secretly he was hoping he would get an answer of some description.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Family, now there was a novel concept in Yusuf’s opinion. He had more sons and daughters than he could count on both hands. A few died, others were killed, and most fell into obscurity never knowing their true father. He never felt overly attached to any one child or wife for that matter; family meant very little to him. Instead, he found camaraderie in his lieutenants and those foolish enough to become his short-lived confidants.

“One can never be too careful,” the Somalian shrugged at the Minister’s nativity in the face the very real threat of poisoning. “Especially with…”

He paused here gesturing to the crowd of delegates with his glass.

“…these people.”

Poison, of course, was a coward’s weapon. Yusuf much preferred to be in the moment; to watch as his target breathed their last. The other delegates, however? From what the warlord could tell, every single one of them were cowards to the core, so poison was not out of the question. It would be such an anti-climactic way to die.

“To the ‘right way’ then,” Yusuf agreed, before draining his drink in a single gulp. Unfortunately, he knew the man across from him to not be truly drinking to the ‘right way’. No, voting to uphold the statute of secrecy was not the ‘right way’, but rather the fool’s way and Yusuf was no fool, not that anyone yet knew this considering his evasiveness the past two days on the point.

“Another drink,” he called to the barkeep seemingly ignoring Kamren’s question on his position.

The barkeep wasted no time in topping off another glass for the Somalian.

“Thank you,” with drink in hand Yusuf turned to his wife and switched to fluid Somali. “Aaminna, my dear, amuse yourself. I must speak with this man.”

Once more the woman said nothing but nodded and turned away to talk with the bartender in broken English worse than Yusuf’s act.

“M-minister shall we walk?” He asked, turning back to Kamren. “There are too many ears here.”

He had no intention to tell the Western swine his opinions on the matter of the vote, but said swine did not know this. When going after sharks one needed to chum the water a bit; bleed a little to show some type of vulnerability and information was the blood of politics the world over. To make his intentions clear, Yusuf began to make his way through the crowd to the large open-air balcony.

“My father was a Muggle,” Yusuf spoke conversationally as the pair hopefully made their way through the crowd—better to speak of something innocuous. “He is the reason why I’ll vote the way I will...”

He trailed off as they neared the balcony, there was a full moon—even the most bloodthirsty warlord could appreciate the wonders of nature.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 8:09 pm

Kamren conceded the point on never being too careful. He understood enough to accept the man before him might be subjected to more turbulent environments, not that Kamren was particularly safe, of course, but the United Kingdom was a safer place than Somalia.

Yusuf's motioning to the rest of the room, and his spoken distrust of the other delegates in the room brought a smile to Kamren's lips, but he didn't pass comment. Of all the people in the room, Yusuf was, in Kamren's opinion, the most terrifying, a close second to that being the French delegates who seemed to work so seamlessly together Kamren found it intimidating. The rest of the delegates -- bar the German -- were so much younger, Kamren wondered if they'd ever even considered such underhanded tactics.

Drinking up the whiskey in his glass -- with a slight look of discomfort as the amber liquid went down -- Kamren passed his glass back to be refilled, thanking the barman once he'd done so. A brief comment to his wife and Yusuf was inviting Kamren for a walk.

"Please, call me Kamren." The British Minister insisted, before following the man through the crowd. It had not gone amiss with Kamren that the Somalian had not answered his question, but Kamren was nothing short of patient. When you had to deal with a child such as Lux, you learned to become more patient, and Kamren had had a number of years to learn this lesson well.

The information that Yusuf's father had been a Muggle gave Kamren an idea of which way the other man's vote was going -- after all, you didn't use that as your explanation unless it held some merit to what you were going to say next. "Ah, I see that we're going to, unfortunately, be opposing one another in tomorrow's vote, then." Kamren said, though the smile on his lips showed that he understood that not everyone could be on the same wavelength.

"Though, I would urge you to consider the safety of the wizarding minority, I will not, however, push my opinion to be your own." Kamren explained, leaning on the balcony and looking out across the night view of the island. It was such a beautiful place, Clarinda would have loved it -- if only for a few days -- but there had been no need to uproot her. Taking a sip of his drink, Kamren looked up towards the Somalian.

"I have no problem with Muggles, I've many friends who are Muggles. But, I fear that they will not be able to deal with us..." Kamren explained softly, shaking his head as he stood up straight, and sipped at his drink once more.

"It is a big decision, Yusuf. A very big decision. I only hope we can do it right." He mused, shaking his head slightly because politics was such a crazy game. The lives of millions resting on only fifty people's -- at maximum count if two delegates were speaking on behalf of each country -- opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner   ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ICWW Summit: Gala Dinner
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next