Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Staff Room Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Staff Room Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Staff Room Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Staff Room Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Staff Room Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Staff Room

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:47 am

Crista silently walked into the small room used for Staff members, while it was cozy with a few small tables and couches to lounge around; all of the House colours seemed to be present within the room. The fireplace was still roaring with it's normal fire, though from here any of the Staff could Floo; as the powder box was right above.

One wouldn't have to worry about secrets slipping while in this room, the walls were not bare from art but what art hanged on the wall was still and motionless.

Lazily she closed the door behind her and walked to a small couch, tossing herself into it and silently summoning a book from her private room, with her wand. The book was on the Founders, who they were or were to be. So far she seemed to think Slytherin might not have been too far out there at the time.

Muggles were killing Wizards for no reason, maybe he lost someone important.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:28 pm

It was break time at Hogwarts, Jake was looking forward to his time to just relax. He wasn't going to the Great Hall, he knew there would be some food in the common room for them when they got there, so he would tuck in to that instead. As the young man entered the common room, he noted a young woman sat reading a book.

She must have been new, he thought to himself as he looked at the food on offer before taking what looked to be a simple piece of sponge cake and a cup of tea. The young American wizard liked the English tea so much more than his usual English tea - though he couldn't quite put his finger on why yet. He probably should have known, he'd moved over two months ago now.

Taking a seat relatively close to the witch reading, but not too close to be deemed inappropriate, Jake tucked in to his snack, savouring the taste and taking the moment to relax. The Hogwarts House-Elves were quite amazing, he reflected a moment later.

After getting through half of his tea, Jake decided he should probably speak, so after gently clearing his voice, he looked to the woman in the room and spoke. "Hey, I don't want to disturb you, but... you're new, aren't you? My name is Jake, I teach Defence Against the Dark Arts." He explained, smiling warmly at the witch in the hope it would help him on some part.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Staff Room Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 9:44 pm

The book was old, and very well detailed; though the authors name had been lost to the ages it was largely intact. Crista liked to think that this book was written by someone reasonably close to the Founders, maybe a grandchild?

Unlike most books that focused on their deeds, this book focused on who they were; which is normally forgotten by History in favor of what they contributed. Yes, Hogwarts is an amazing place and Yes, the names are household but what do we really know about them?

Crista glanced over the book when she heard the door click, it showed a guy who looked at her and then the food on a nearby table. She payed him no mind, it was break time after all; he did sit rather close though. While she read her book, she was paying attention to him, it was something she had always done.

He was eating sponge cake, it did look rather good; she did have sweet teeth after all. She let her mind drift to sweets, do they give the Professors hot chocolate? Of course they do, we are Professors after all. She looked up once he began to speak to her, listening carefully to his words.

"I am Crista, the new History of Magic Professor." She said with a smile, in a bright voice "It's nice to meet you Jake."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:11 pm

"I am Crista, the new History of Magic Professor."

"Ah!" Jake smiled, nodding his head slightly. "That will explain why half of the students are happy that some ghost has left, I guess?" He asked, trying to remember what he'd overheard in his lesson just moments before. In honesty, Jake wasn't very good with gossip, so he might have gotten it wrong, but he tried to get hold of the information as best he could for future reference.

When she said it was nice to meet him, Jake smiled warmly. "And you," he replied softly. There was a short pause, Jake waiting for her to say something else, but nothing came, he thought about asking about her book, but he wasn't much interested in such things o that was a little bit of a waste of time, he wouldn't be able to contribute.

"How are you finding your first couple of days? You haven't got lost too much, have you? I know I did on my first week!"

Staff Room Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Crista shrugged, slowly marking her place in the book and setting it in her lap, she was slightly more entertaining than some ghost from the early 1800's. "You could say that." She replied to his comment.

When he asked if she'd gotten lost at all, she started to giggle and then it turned into a full blown laugh. Crista took a minute just to breathe and then she waved him off "No, I went to school her a few years ago. I know a lot of the passages and turns, stairs still piss me off though." She commented tucking a bit of hair behind her ear, so it was out of her face.

It was true, when she was a student here; she spent all of her time either in the library or exploring the grounds. She drew inspiration from the old group known as the Marauders, who largely targeted her house but rarely ever got caught. It was then that she found it was better to be silent and innocent looking, than arrogant and noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:05 am

"No, I went to school her a few years ago. I know a lot of the passages and turns, stairs still piss me off though."

Jake nodded as she explained that she had been a student here. He probably should have guessed that, what with her British accent - though in fairness Jake had never been very good with accents if he was completely honest. "Ah, that makes sense. I didn't go to school here. I studied in America." Jake explained, feeling that it was necessary to give some information on his background too.

Knowing little of magical history (he'd scored a Dreadful in his O.W.L.S. because he couldn't remember anything, not to mention that topic required a lot of reading), Jake didn't want to ask questions, so he decided on a different route entirely. "So, apart from working here now, and being a student once upon a time, what else do you do?" Jake asked politely, deciding it was way past time he got to know his colleagues.

Staff Room Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 1:59 am

"So, apart from teaching here, and being a student once upon a time, what else do you do?"

Crista looked at him slightly confused by the question "Well...I like read, I read books on History." She said slowly "I got an O on my NEWT for History so...." She trailed off.

What did she do, yes she loved to read and study Runes in her spare time but was that? She guessed it was, boring to some but she couldn't just shake off the feeling of peeling back the pages of an old tome; it was like bringing the dead back to life through works of literature.

She did draw a little, something she picked up from her mother but that was pretty close to all that she really Did.

"You went to Salem? My younger cousins are in Salem." She said brightly, standing up heading for a flagon of hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon. "They're twins you see, lovely when they want to be. Monsters when they don't."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:23 am

Jake listened as she explained that she liked to read - to him that was dull, but he knew of a person very much like the girl in front of him. "I have a little sister, Victoria, she loves to read too. Never understood it personally, but... well, she's highly intelligent from all her reading." He replied to her likes, did Victoria like magical history? Probably.

Sipping at his cup of tea as the witch stood up, Jake smiled slightly at her words. "I did, I taught there for a short while, but I had to give it up when I joined the Ministry and moved to England, it was getting a little bit too much." Jake explained with a small shrug. He didn't really miss Salem, if truth be told, but he didn't say that out loud. "Can't say as I remember twins though... Perhaps I was one of the lucky few to get out of their way?" Jake asked, joking in his tones.

Staff Room Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Crista laughed a little "Is that right?" She asked as she poured a small cup of chocolate "Why don't you like reading? I mean you can either get lost in history or in a world of pure make believe." She said with a bright voice, it was strange really to meet someone who didn't like books. To her that was like, well not breathing.

When he said that he'd taught at Salem before she was fairly sure he'd taught the twins. "How long ago was it? I'm sure you would of remembered the Twins. Harper and Crystal? They're werewolves, proud of it really." She commented softly going back to her seat, that reminded her it was about that time of month to send her Aunt a letter.

"Other than your sister do you have any family?" She asked with a raised brow, sipping her drink lightly "My Father is the only one I'm really close too, if you could call it close..."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 8:48 pm

The question on why he didn't like reading made Jake pause for a moment. He wasn't uneducated, not by any means, but it was a very good question, no less. "I just don't find books exciting. I would rather be out doing something than sitting with a book." He explained with a small shrug of his shoulders. "I mean, why read history when you could, potentially, make it?" He asked, a wry smile on his lips. He'd made history himself, he'd made a name for himself, but he wasn't going to stop just yet.

"Oh, only recently, I quit." Jake explained, though he really didn't remember twins. Perhaps they'd simply played truant to his lessons, after all, they were part of his subject. "But I don't remember them." He added as an after thought, because he really didn't.

"Well, I have my mom and dad. They're still out in Minnesota, America." Jake explained, thinking for a moment. "And then I live with my girlfriend, Marilyn Caldwell." He continued, a smile on his lips forming in that moment without him realising. "We moved in together in April."

Jake didn't press on the subject of her father, it didn't seem to be a topic open for conversation by the looks of it.

Staff Room Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Staff Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Room   Staff Room Empty

Back to top Go down

Staff Room
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next