Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Taking your number Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Taking your number Emptyby Tessa Greene Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:38 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Taking your number Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
Taking your number Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

» Alexander Quinn
Taking your number Emptyby Alexander Quinn Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Taking your number

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Gaspard Kylar

Birthday : 2011-11-01

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 3:37 pm

It was the end of the year once again; the school expelling the students for the summer out into the world to empty their minds of everything they learned during the previous term. Somehow the ride from the castle down to Hogsmeade Station always seemed shorter than the ride towards the school at the beginning of the year. Or at least, that was the way it seemed to one Gaspard Kylar. Which was strange because he liked both carriage rides equally not minding in the least if he was heading to school for another year of learning or home to find some other pursuits to occupy his time that he enjoyed.

This year however, Gaspard was looking forward to securing a train carriage and dragging his Slytherin friend in to spend some time with. Normally he wouldn't begrudge the girl her usual car that she shared with her fellow snakes and friends. He wanted to ensure that he didn't miss her and the two of them passing by. While he knew he could have owled her what he wanted to tell her, he preferred the personal approach. This way he would know she'd received the message and it didn't get lost. Or forgotten.

Sighing, the teenager stayed rooted to the doorway of his train car keeping an eye out. He'd already given his new mobile number to Karan so they could keep in touch. Of course he'd had to explain that his last phone had been victim of an accident. He had forgotten to turn it off and take out the battery at the beginning of the year. Thankfully his father had owled him the number to the new one that was waiting for him when he got home. Hopefully, he'd be able to pass the number off to Mimosa and Mercy as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 3:54 pm

With the end of the school year came the summer holidays and with the summer holidays there, Maya was finally getting her tattoo that she had been begging her brother for- for the past year really. There wasn't much begging on Maya's part and really, her brother's condition had been that she needed to do her best on her end of year exams and she had. Not that it was hard to get her to do her best. She always did her best at schoolwork, even if she didn't want to.

The carriage ride towards Hogsmeade station was a joyful affair all around and Maya had eagerly jumped off to run onto the train, shouting apologises behind her as she jostled way too many students in her haste to find an empty carriage to sit. Which was proving quite fruitless as most of them were already filled and Maya didn't know most of the people sitting in them. Grumbling to herself, the witch stalked past a group of snobby Ravenclaw girls, not that she had a problem with them, they just rubbed her the wrong way.

Being so focused in her mind, Maya hadn't realized what was going on before someone harshly pushed past her, shouting some unpleasant words at whoever was their victim and the girl pretty much went flying forward and collided with another body, a startled yelp the only sound as Maya ended up sprawled on the ground, blinking up owlishly at the person that she had collided with and bounced off of.

"...erm... hi?" She grinned weakly as she stared at the Ravenclaw above her, easily recognizing him from their numerous classes together.
Back to top Go down
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Gaspard Kylar

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 5:33 am

To have someone practically thrown into him, was not something Gaspard had ever expected. Sure, his housemates would sometimes try to trip him when he was reading or some such thing but it was more of a game. This was anything but. This was one of the things that the teenager despised about those his own age. It was likely the one of the myriad of reasons the number of people he called friend and returned the sentiment could be counted on one hand.

Grunting from the impact, he blinked even as his brows and mouth turned down into a scowl from the incident. His expression cleared as he glanced down at the girl who clearly was reacting much better than he would have in similar circumstances. Arching his brow, his mouth twitched up slightly. "Hello."

Perhaps he really out to pay more attention in his classes for the girl was vaguely familiar. The only sure thing he knew was that they had classes together and that she was not a Ravenclaw. Holding his hand out for her to take to help her up, he quickly retracted it afterwards. "I take it your intention wasn't to be sitting in the middle of the hall for any sort of protest or by choice?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 7:42 am

Knowing that it wasn't on purpose, Maya didn't react negatively to whoever it was that had pretty much shoved her out of the way, she did, however, throw a filthy look in the direction which the person had stalked off into. She was happy that they were heading home for the summer and not to school, otherwise, she would've been tempted to search for the person and give them a piece of her mind with a cheerful smile on her face.

She beamed at the Ravenclaw above her, gripping his hand and letting him haul her back to her feet, patting down her skirt to get rid of any dirt that might've clung to it from her dropping to the floor. How she hated getting her clothes dirty when she had only put them on not that long ago.

"Nope, some idiot shoved past me a bit more forcefully then I expected." She huffed. "Sorry for slamming into you." At least she hadn't been thrown against a wall, otherwise, she would've been in terrible pain, as it is she had only been dazed for a few.
Back to top Go down
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Gaspard Kylar

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 10:03 pm

Blinking, Gaspard had no idea what to do when the girl had smiled back at him. It took him aback as he was usually met with cold shoulders. Nodding to her answer and comment. Then when she apologized some of his mother's rearing kicked in and he replied back, "Nothing for you to apologize for. It wasn't as if you asked them to do that."

That would have been bizarre. Taking another look around he sighed not seeing either girl he had been waiting for. Glancing back towards the one in front of him, he moved a bit so if she wanted to get into the compartment she could. Hating that he could speak just fine in class, the common room, and even to perfect strangers when he interacted with them when he was with his parents; yet trying to talk to a classmate one on one? It was painful because he had no idea what to say and most of the time didn't really care. However, it would have been rude of him to ignore someone after they'd been hurt? in front of him.

"If you haven't a seat yet, you can join me? If you want." Of course more than likely she had friends waiting for her or would prefer to enjoy the ride home without having to interact with someone who couldn't even think of something to say to her?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Maya wasn't bothered when Gaspard didn't smile back, instead, she just looked around, making sure there was no-one else rushing down the corridor that would, undeniably, bump into her and send her flying once more. Having done that once had been enough, thank you very much, she wasn't bruised but she wasn't also risking another fall like that. "Definitely not." She scrunched her nose up, her eyes flicking back to the boy. "Some...idiot...just rushed passed me, shouting abuse at someone and just shoved me aside."

Her eyes lit up when the male stepped aside, clearly inviting her to settle in the compartment with him. Once more, she beamed at the boy and slipped passed him to plonk herself down on one of the seats, toeing off her shoes and then curling her legs under her, thankful for the leggings that she remembered to put on that morning. "Thanks. I've been looking all over the train but everywhere seemed full and I wasn't willing to sit with little kiddies or venture further into the older years domain." She remarked dryly, eventually, she'd probably have slipped into some random compartment or found her friends but she just hadn't had the energy to carry on looking. Had they wanted to share a compartment with her, they would've waited for her by the doors instead of rushing off ahead. Their fault if they wouldn't see each other before getting off the train.

"I'm Maya," She introduced herself, only then realizing that she had totally forgotten to introduce herself to the boy that had pretty much been her cushion.
Back to top Go down
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Gaspard Kylar

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 11:56 pm

Despite the other teen's warm behavior, Gaspard didn't find himself relaxing at all. There was a sense of deja vu as she made herself comfortable. Not sure what to say, he nodded at her thanks and decided that he should just go with it. It seemed it would be his fate to encounter females that were forces of nature. He had noticed the same when it came to the train. There were either people he wouldn't want to sit with nor did he want to sit with the first years. He hadn't wanted to sit with them when he had been a first year. As for the older years, they thought they were smarter and didn't like those younger than them. Or at least, that was his experience.

"Gaspard," he returned as he sat across from the girl eyeing her. She was...different. It wasn't uncomfortable per se, but then, he'd just met her. He liked what he'd encountered so far. She reminded him a bit of Mercy.

"Where are you headed for the summer then, if you don't mind my asking?" He knew that some people didn't just stay home or some had to take the train from school just to return to Scotland because of tradition. One he still found rather archaic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 am

The atmosphere wasn't as awkward as Maya had expected it to be, she usually just ploughed on when meeting someone new and they either were deeply offended or just ignored her attempts at wanting to know them. She was glad the male hadn't just kicked her out before she had even sat down - she knew she could be forceful sometimes. Tilting her head to the side, Maya inspected the male opposite her, she had seen him around the school but never interacted with him.

Maybe she'd be able to get a friend from this train ride back to London? She hoped so, she had friends but not a lot and some of those were just girls from her house that didn't like her cheery disposition - she didn't know why it's not like she made it her mission to be annoying with her cheeriness.

"London." She replied cheekily even though she knew that wasn't what he was asking. "I live with my brother and his wife, so I'm heading there. Though I wonder if my brother is back from his match yet... I might have to spend a few days at the Leaky if that were the case." The joys of living with a Quidditch player. Her brother was usually back by the time she came back from Hogwarts but sometimes his matches either were postponed or just dragged on for days. Her sister-in-law wouldn't be home either as she'd have gone with Micheal for his last match, taking the two children as well. "And yourself? If you don't mind me asking..."
Back to top Go down
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Gaspard Kylar

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 9:01 pm

A smile of amusement was pulled from the teenager without his accord at her answer. Obviously they were headed to London, but he had to give it to her. If it had been anyone else and said with less humor the answer would have annoyed him. Never mind that just a few years ago he would drawled the same reply albeit in a more sarcastic and 'duh' manner than Maya had accompanied with an expression that implied what he thought of their intelligence level.

Gaspard's interest was piqued once again hearing the girl didn't live with her parents. And a match? So her brother was an athlete then? He had never met anyone (that he knew of) who was related to someone whom made a career of playing sport.

"Wales," he replied honestly seeing no reason to beat about the bush. If he was going to be staying at home was another thing all together. Usually he looked forward to going home but now that his mother was pregnant, he wasn't so sure. His mother wouldn't be going on location or consulting. Neither did it seem his father would be leaving her for his own business conculting or location jobs. If anything, Gaspard might be spending a lot of his time aboard the knight bus travelling to the different historical sites in Wales.

"I don't think my parents would trust me on my own unsupervised for even a few days." Gaspard thought she was a bit lucky. It wouldn't have been because they didn 't trust him, far from it. They did trust him, but they knew their son and didn't trust that his curiosity wouldn't bite him in the arse or unknowingly end up over his head.

"What's that like? Living with your brother and sister-in-law?" He couldn't even imagine.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 11:33 pm

She mentally cheered when the other didn't snark at her for her words - she knew some people would just roll their eyes and get very exasperated with what she said. But hey, if there was someone out there who could be amused at her cheeky answers then Maya was all for getting to know them. Maybe this making new friends business wouldn't be so bad. She'd have to see how Gaspard would react over the train ride - hopefully by the end of it, she'd have firmly slotted herself into friendship territory with the other. Hey, a girl could hope, couldn't she?

"Never been to Wales, is it nice there?" She questioned curiously, tilting her head to the side with pursed lips as she absently tapped on her thigh. She'd love to visit someday but maybe not for a few years at least, she didn't want to miss her little cousin milestones after all. Maybe after Will went to Hogwarts she could take a trip somewhere.

"My brother says if I'm mature enough to decide about having a tattoo for my fifteenth birthday then I'm mature enough to stay on my own for a few days without needing his constant supervision." She remarked dryly. Micheal might be awfully protective of her but he wouldn't clip her wings so to speak. London, especially Diagon Alley, was a fairly safe place for Maya to be in for a few days by herself as long as she didn't go traipsing into places that she shouldn't be in. She had done that once and Micheal had been so furious he had grounded her for weeks even though after three days he had forgiven her and coddled her as much as possible. She had still been grounded though. She had not been allowed to tend to her garden for a week!

"They're like my second parents really, my birth mom and dad passed away when I was six, so I don't remember much of them. I've been living with my brother and his wife for around nine years now. It was hard at first, I thought I was intruding on their life together so I tried staying as much in my room as I could. I did get over that very quickly though, my brother actually cried when I told him that. And I have never seen Brother Micheal cry so much. I quickly found my place though. And I have two cute little cousins to spoil as well now!" She had a wide smile on her face, talking about Will and Rebekah always made her smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taking your number Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking your number
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next