Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

Josie LeBlanc

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Taking your number - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Taking your number - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Taking your number - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Taking your number - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Taking your number - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Taking your number

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Gaspard Kylar

Birthday : 2011-11-01

Taking your number - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 am

"If you like the cold and wet," he found himself replying automatically. His paternal grandparents had been thrilled saying that Gaspard had a 'Welsh' sense of humor when he'd been younger. It also could have been because he always liked hearing and questioning his grandma about the tales and folklore she knew. Then again, he supposed maybe he did lean that way as he did expect the worst while hoping that 'this time' it might be different.

Shrugging with a sheepish smile, he stated, "I grew up in Ipswich. I've only spent the past three years in Carmarthenshire." Pausing to actually think about it he gave another shrug. "It's very scenic?"

"My brother says if I'm mature enough to decide about having a tattoo for my fifteenth birthday then I'm mature enough to stay on my own for a few days without needing his constant supervision."

Eyes widening, Gaspard wondered at her brother for a moment as well as Maya. She would willingly be prodded with needles repeatedly? He mentally shuddered at the thought. That was something he was never doing! Ever! Wasn't that illegal though? Or did the magical community have a different set of parameters when it came to tattoos and adult consent? Or maybe they knew someone willing to do it under the table? Whatever the case might be, there was one thing the teenager was sure of; the girl had to be a Gryffindor. How else could you explain her want of something like that?

Knowing that he should give his condolences about the lack of parents, however, Gaspard held his tongue. Instead he listened still not sure what he was supposed to say to that, if he was at all. He couldn't relate to any of it, not even the part about having cousins. He was an only child as were his own parents. His compartment mate seemed to enjoy the fact that she was living with others though. He couldn't miss something he'd never had and thought maybe that was perhaps what it might have been like for her when she'd begun to forget her parents? His own parents being sole children of their parents was a blessing to Gaspard. He didn't think he would have done well around others. Thinking of his own mother being pregnant he found himself asking, "What's that like? Having ankle biters around?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 4:02 pm

"Eh, I don't mind the cold or wet." She replied with a soft hum. She didn't get cold easily as most people seem to do. "Though I hate it when it rains a lot cause it means I can't go out to deal with my garden and I hate it when I have to replant any of my flowers cause they get too much water." She'd have to ask her brother if there was something like a greenhouse spell to keep her plants from getting too much water.

"I like scenic places." She grinned cheerfully. "I'll have to ask Brother Micheal if we can visit Wales over the summer. I'm sure he won't mind." She blinked at Gaspard, leaning forward. "Any places you'd recommend for us?"

Her decision to have a tattoo hadn't been on a whim, she had actually thought about it since her thirteenth birthday when she had seen a picture of the serpent she had wanted to be tattooed on her skin. Thankfully, with permission from her guardian, Maya was able to get a tattoo.

Her lips twitched in amusement at his description for toddlers. Ankle bitters, was certainly a fitting description for the children she called her cousins. "It was a bit different at first, having a baby in the family I mean but I easily fell in love with them." She would do anything for those two children.
Back to top Go down
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Gaspard Kylar

PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 8:15 am

The cold Gaspard could handle as long as he was properly attired. The wet...not so much and had come to almost loathe it for more than one reason. His grandmother liked her garden as well and somehow knew all the different schedules that each plant kept. It was something that didn't interest him much so he couldn't give the girl any information on it as he didn't know any. The only thing he could think of was if maybe she made herself a green house?

"I like scenic places if they have history," he admitted. That was one reason he liked the tours. Sometimes he'd take the muggle ones and see what they got right or wrong when it came to the history if it crossed the magical one. Others, he wanted to see the actual places that he heard about as a child. Tilting his head, he wondered why she talked as if her brother was a monk or a from a religious sect. Thinking about places he'd heard and then with the girl's interest in flowers...His brows furrowed as he hesitantly ventured, "Aberglasney gardens, perhaps?"

When she spoke about the baby, he leaned back in the seat crossing his arms. Well, that wasn't very informative or helpful int he slightest. Did that mean he'd find it awkward as well, but end up in the end accepting and liking the new baby? He wasn't even sure exactly what he felt towards what was going to be his new sibling. While logically he knew that the baby was real and already growing in his mother's stomach, it didn't seem that way yet. "I suppose," he allowed himself to say not exactly certain that Maya was right.

"What is so great about babies? Don't they just sleep, eat, and need changing a lot?" Gaspard really couldn't grasp what others found so fascinating about babies to coo over. His mind already still moving forward he only absently realized he spoke his thoughts aloud. "Or is it like a puppy or kitten that it's the 'cute' factor?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 10:40 am

Maya wasn't used to chatting with people for long periods of time, the girls in her house were mean and tended to just ignore her because her cheery attitude just didn't seem to agree with them but she was having talking to Gaspard, even if it only was going to be just for the train ride back to London.

"Does Wales have old castles? That can be visited?" She questioned in excitement, jumping in her seat, wondering what they could do if they ever went to Wales. She hoped her brother would agree on a week trip there but she wasn't holding her breath, he was probably going to be very tired from his Quidditch tours and would rather stay at home. "Aberglasney gardens? Is it like a big garden place? With lots of flowers and plants?" Yeah, she was totally excited.

"Well yeah, they do just eat, sleep and need changing but they are cute. When I first found out my sister-in-law was pregnant I wasn't really sure what that meant but then Will was born and when I held him for the first time, I was totally enamoured with his chubby little cheeks, flailing limbs and wide cornflower-blue eyes. People would say he had been an ugly baby but he was gorgeous to me. As soon as he started crawling though, I was running after him everywhere! He could get into the awkwardest of places when crawling that it was hilarious."
Back to top Go down
Gaspard Kylar
Ravenclaw Prefect
Ravenclaw Prefect
Gaspard Kylar

PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 11:18 am

"It's Wales..." Gaspard stated as if that was an answer itself. If Maya had never stepped foot there before, he was sure that it really wouldn't be something she would know. It was...interesting that she wanted to tour castles when she lived in one during the school term. Or maybe she was a muggleborn and wanted to show her brother and his wife somewhat the conditions she was living in? "I'm sure it has some that are public and you might be able to get some private tours?"

"Aberglasney gardens? Is it like a big garden place? With lots of flowers and plants?"

Nodding, Gaspard watched the girl and found that her mood to be a bit infectious. Relaxing further into the seat, he stated, "Lots of flowers, and trails. I think you would enjoy it."

Having never really seen a baby close up, but he'd heard classmates talk back in primary school. As for his mother, he'd not seen her yet and would likely be an adjustment. What Maya was describing didn't sound particularly endearing. So basically in order to interact with his new sibling, he would have to wait until the ankle biter was crawling? That would be annoying having to chase after it. He didn't think that asking if you could train them like one would a pet would go over too well. But the image of squirting the crawling baby with a squirt bottle wouldn't leave his mind. "Hmmm. Any tips for when they get to that age? And at what age do they start eating solids?" Maybe a biscuit or some such treat could be a 'reward' for proper behavior?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking your number   Taking your number - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking your number
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2