Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn)   It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 4:25 am

If Jackson had been worried at first that he would have to keep up the dueler's part of the conversation, he had nothing to worry about a few minutes later. Quinn King was well equipped to handle small talk. Heck he was even equipped at letting old farts pamper their egos. The story of Henry's winning duels back in the day was one Jackson had heard multiple times, a considerable achievement seeing as he had arrived late to this event.

Still, better men than Quinn had lost their composure in front of the redhead, Jackson knew from personal experience. Yet here the blonde was, chatting away, even daring to make innuendos that must have flown over the British socialite's head but that made Jackson turn away slightly to hide the grin on his face. In an office full of women, the politician sometimes missed having a buddy around to make jokes of a poorer taste with.

Well that and the image of old Bo getting his oysters sampled was not one that could be born with a straight face.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE NEXT ROOM, IT IS THERE WE SHALL BEGIN THE FIRST TOURNAMENT DRAW, FOLLOWED BY SUPPER AND FINALLY THE EXHIBITION CONTEST THAT ANY WHO WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN CAN.....FOR A NOMINAL FEE TO CHARITY OF COURSE"

"Well folks, looks like that's our queue," the raven haired wizard encouraged, moving to offer his arm to Adelaide only to have sneaky Quinn slither in between the two. The blond smiled unapologetic ally at the move, endearing himself to the Senator even more. Jackson hoped he was as good a duelist as he was a riot, the politician was starting to like this man.

Eventually, everyone meander into the next room, chatting, laughing, carrying drinks, until they all stopped at a medium sized stage enacted. What teh stage lacked in size however, it made up for in bright lights and spinning displays of pyrotechnic around what could only be called a giant pie.

"LADIES, GENTLEMAN, DUELISTS OF ALL AGES, LET THE DRAW BEGIN!"

And with a flourish, a giant sword appeared, slicing the pie like a birthday cake...And releasing 101 pigeons in to the room, each bird varying a number attached to its feet. The ceremony had begun.

Now to see which numbers their six time champion would be alloyed, and if they were favorable enough for him to break the six year curse.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn)   It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 5:52 am

I made casual small talk with Jackson as much of the pomp and circumstance occurred on stage.  Thrilling him with tales of past draws, and how each was done.....it is usually a grand affair.  I was just in the middle of discussing the time in Florida how they had Alligators bring you the draw ticket by reaching into their mouths to show bravery.  it was said whoever reached furthest down the gullet got the best draw.....damn these small arms you see, that number should have been mine, but alas one can't be too perfect can they?

It was in the middle of this that a sword appeared, and what i considered a rather poultry display occurred.  (See what I did there?  You didn't....well let me tell you, you missed out on an excellent joke, actually I might tell Jackson this very joke).  Telling Jackson a cracker jack joke, my eyes followed the birds moving through the air.  Making a slap on my leg, I erected a small barrier, that had a chute running from the top to my lap.  One doesn't always think of this, but some of the combatants and guests alike where going to get more than a number in their lap if they weren't careful, I'd seen it all before.  I'd obviously give the red head a wink, for political reasons of course.  Got to give the Americans a good show.

It would only be a matter of moments and my letter fell on top of the barrier, rolled about and then fell through to land neatly into my outstretched hand.  Opening the letter it would explode in confetti, revealing another bird.  A lavender raven, the ominous number 7 highlighted in scarlet across its breast.  I couldn't help it, I rolled my eyes and flicked the bird off.  I meant for it to be a subtle gesture to those that watched me, though my wit may have been to great for it to be picked up by those watching.  The symbiology wasn't missed you see, and the reoccurrence of a purple raven, well it was to much to be coincidence.  

7 year streak, 7 being the most magical number, and 7 traditionally being the number drawn by the first one out of the tournament.  Well, could have been worse....the bird could have just exploded and killed me....see, told you.

Across the large screen the birds would return melding into the canvas.  As they did so names would be unraveled from the avian forms.  The duos slowly filling in for the first round of the tournament.  To my chagrin Mpho and Logan had been placed on the same team.  That hardly seemed fair.....meanwhile I was teamed up with some guy named Kelly.......I ask you.  Not a very good wizard name, and hardly even a guys name......looking at the scrawny combatant though perhaps it actually fit.  I rolled my eyes again, a habit that would likely soon leave me blind.  Pointing the other man out to Jackson I'd make an explosion noise before dropping my head.  

The rest of the evening passed without much else occurring.  The master of ceremonies described the first even, that of a simple duo duel off.  Round robin for better seeding in the second challenge to be named later.  The partners would then be separated in accordance with how they faired.  They'd be together for 3 duels, anyone loosing all 3 being kicked out of the tournament early not to see the next stage.  Standard fair really.

I watched and continued to chatter with Jackson regarding past tournaments, and found myself going through rules and such.  It dawned on me later that this might be in poor taste given the man was a judge....but hey, I wanted to make sure he gave me the points I deserved.  It was a full hour before all participants had their names on the board, read aloud, and had to stand and shake hands with their partner.  I did so with a certain lackluster, the poor bloke looked like he was going to pass out from excitement in meeting me, or perhaps he'd had to much free champagne, hard to say really.  

After that the charity section came as it always did.  More food and drinks where brought out, I summoned further Budweiser so I could stomach the event, and proceeded to put forth my best dance moves while I waited.  They weren't good mind you, I just said they were my best.  No these things weren't my favorite, but you do the best with what you have.

The charity event involved wealthy witches and wizards alike paying vast sums of money to have exhibition with duelists.  it was all such a trifle as obviously non of them would really fair well.  We watered down our reflexes though, it didn't due to make them feel bad for the money spent.  Luckily I only had to endure 3 such showings.  The last time using the same spell that old Henry had used to win his 6th championship, causing a roar of appreciation and a condemnation of how he'd done it better.  Mpho got it worse than me, I think I saw him go up  6 or 7 times.  So watered down with drink, I swore he took the last blast in earnest instead of for a show, not that he'd admit it when asked later.  

All in all it was a fine party until around 3am.  I'd been with Jackson, I'd seen the clock......then......well I can't really recall what happened.  This is awkward.....well I suppose I could tell you the story of the Oyster and the ostrich debacle in the 2025 grand prix............no?  Well alright then......
Back to top Go down

It'll Leave You Breathless, Or With A Nasty Scar (Quinn)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2