Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)   Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Naomi followed Finley to Ancient Runes, happy for him that he'd get to enjoy his favorite class, but dreading it for her own sake. The runes didn't make sense to her the way they did to Finley: nothing clicked beyond the most basic meaning. Add magic to it and she was beyond help.

Standing in the crowd on the edge of the Forest, Naomi listened with folded arms as Professor Jameson explained the day's exercise. A scavenger hunt didn't sound too bad...

Despite herself, Naomi found herself moving forward, craning her neck to see the clue. It was a rune she recognized, one that meant one of the trees. It was on the tip of her tongue.

"Oak," she realized out loud, blushing when people turned to her. "Uh, the rune means oak tree," she repeated. "Beyond that, I don't know. There are lots of oaks in the Forest." She shrugged, moving back to stand next to Finley.

Last edited by Naomi O'Hare on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)   Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Adaline peered over Kai's shoulder at the clue, her brows furrowing slightly as she tilted her head to the side. She agreed with Naomi, the rune was oak but other then that she couldn't tell what else it meant. Biting her lower lip, she proceeded to think on what else it could mean.

"I'm.. with Naomi on this one.." The brunette flushed darkly when people turned towards her and on instinct she stuck closer to Kai. "The rune is oak but I don't know what else it means... In general the oak rune indicates shelter and security when it is used to build buildings but the oak is also involved in medicine..." She bit her lip and shrugged her shoulders. "Other then that I don't really know anything else..." Her brows were furrowed as she tried to think of anything else. Like Naomi said, there were lot of oak trees in the forbidden forest.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)   Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Watching Naomi move to the clue, Finley followed after her, with a little less confidence because of the older student who was holding the piece of paper. He could just about see it, so when Naomi called out what she could see on the paper, Finley grinned at the witch, giving her the thumbs up for getting it right because he knew this wasn't her best subject.

When everyone tried to say how there were so many oaks in the woods that they'd never be able to find it, Finley grew a little frustrated with the group. Did they not learn anything from the class with Professor Jameson?

However, articulating his frustration wasn't the simplest of things, so, moving past Naomi, Finley took hold of the clue from Kai, gently pulling it from his hands without a word.

In his other hand, Finley took his wand, and with the tip, he traced the rune, picturing it clearly in his mind and closing his eyes tightly. It couldn't hurt...

After tracing the Rune once, Finley opened his eyes, and with a grin appearing on his lips, a pathway seemed to have been illuminated for them to follow. "S-Some Runes have m-magic in them, s-so... follow the p-path." He told the group, not waiting for anyone else as he hurried off along the path that was being shown, wand raised high, and completely ready for anything that might come his way.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)   Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Daniel had stayed by the side of Kai, waiting to see how the class would do. It was slow to begin with, but as Naomi stepped forward and offered the answer to the Rune, he smiled to himself. Whether any of the other's noticed his reaction he didn't know.

However, the students seemed to hesitate at how to find where they needed to go. Daniel looked around each of them as they tried to work out how to find it. He was proud, to say the least, when Finley stepped forward, talking with as much confidence as he could, and correctly guessing how they would find the oak in question.

When the Ravenclaw set off, Daniel followed the group, eyes alert for any dangers that might spring themselves upon the group from the forest. None came though, and Daniel was glad of that much. Soon, they came to a small clearing, with an oak tree in front of them.

Before the tree, however, were boxes, marked with different runes upon them. One would give them the next clue.

The other two...

Well, Daniel had been known to be something of a practical joker when he was at school, so they would find out if they got the wrong box here.

"You now have to decipher the right box to find the next clue. Rule out the boxes that you know are not going to help you, and hope that you can find your next clue... and perhaps your way back to the castle." Daniel told the group, because as you looked around now, the forest was dense, and it was difficult to know the way back. Especially with the magic in the woods

OOC: Have fun with this - I will be on hand to write the consequences of opening the wrong box if it should happen!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)   Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Aiden followed the mass of people into the forest, his lips pulled into a soft smile. When they got to the right tree though, the Slytherin's eyes narrowed as he listened to their professor's words.

Alright, Aiden got the gits of what they were supposed to be doing, but still their Professor could have explained it a bit better but then again Aiden didn't really like getting too much help in this department, seeing as his sister would have his head should he fail this class.

Moving towards the box on the left, Aiden knelt down and eyed the rune on it. The rune was Nauthiz. Aiden was sure that this rune had many different meanings but one meaning that he did remember was need. Frowning, he rubbed the back of his neck before turning his head slightly to the girl standing next to him.

"What do you think Adaline?" He questioned the Ravenclaw as he sat back on his hunches and let his childhood friend come closer to inspect the rune.

"I don't think this is it." Adaline said softly as she held her stomach while crouching down. "The rune is Nauthiz and it generally has a negative meaning with it. Some people say it means need. Some say it means pain. But most do say that it's seen as a rather negative rune. This rune also means poor health and broken relationships so I am quite sure this is not the rune we are looking for."

Aiden huffed softly at her words but conceded the point. It had been just a random guess of his to come to this box and see what rune it was. Now that he knew it had a negative meaning he was sure not going to touch it, lest it would have a negative impact on Adaline and her unborn baby.

Moving away from it he moved to the right one with Adaline following closely behind him. He let Adaline go first to inspect the rune before he approached her.

"I think this could be the right box." Adaline said as she narrowed her eyes upon the rune she saw. "This is the rune Ansuz. It's meaning differs from what people think but the general census is that it is a rune for communication, knowledge and wisdom and, according to Odin's Rune's it also means that great power and knowledge will be revealed."

"Alright, let's try this one then." Aiden murmured softly as he waved for Adaline to move back just in case it was the wrong one. While he knew that their Professor wouldn't be malicious in what was in the wrong box, Aiden did not want to take the chance of his sister in all but blood being injured and intentionally loosing the child she was carrying.

Slowly tracing the rune with his wand, Aiden stayed crouched and waited for what would happen.

(OOC: Permission to GodMod myself as both characters belong to me)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)   Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 7:06 pm

OOC: I am so sorry I forgot about this! Bad Jake!

Watching the students step forward, Daniel smiled to himself as he watched the two work through the clues on the box very carefully. Their arguments were very valid, and a hint of pride touched Daniel's features in that moment, because his students were, quite frankly, thriving.

When they made their decision, Daniel waited for a moment and then...

BANG!

An explosion of confetti flew from the box in question, probably making a few of the students jump. "Well done!" Daniel congratulated the two of them with a grin. A small orb lifted from the box. "Follow the orb back to the castle, I'm afraid that's all we have time for today!" He explained, motioning everyone to follow the light without any further instructions.

"I'll note your house points on your notice board within your Common Rooms, so make sure you look out for it!" Daniel called after the group, following the last person out to make sure no one got left behind.

Class Now Closed.

House Points
Kai Reed = 20 points for attendance
Layla Taylor = 20 points for attendance

Adaline Harris = 20 points for attendance + 20 points for participation = 40 points.
Damien Halloway = 20 points for attendance
Finley Allen = 20 points for attendance + 10 for participation = 30 points.
Naomi O'Hare = 20 points for attendance + 10 for participation = 30 points.
Sebastian Aquila = 20 points for attendance

Aiden Harvey = 20 points for attendance + 20 points for participation = 40 points.

TOTAL:
Gryffindor: 40
Hufflepuff: 0
Ravenclaw: 140
Slytherin: 40
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)   Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ancient Runes - Lesson One AND Two (All Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2