Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 3:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 2:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 10:07 am

The effects were more immediate and more intense than Madison could have ever imagined, and at once all her doubts about the spell vanished, replaced with only sick sadism. Why, this is perfect for getting information! she exclaimed mentally, watching with an almost awe. I can't wait to tell Melody!

And then the idiot boy tried to tell her what to do, just when the fun was getting started. I wonder how long it would take for someone to pass out from laughter. An odd look crossed her face as she contemplated it, but she quickly masked it when a nod, as though replying to his plea. Giving her wand a half-hearted wave, she didn't actually focus on stopping the spell (which was how she read you do it) and then put on a concerned look when nothing happened.

"Oh dear me," she commented, but not so loud that the Professor could hear - the last thing she wanted was for her experiment to be ruined. "How do you stop a spell? Do you know, Finley?" She gave it another wave, and then frowned, a look of fake concern crossing her features. "You're in Ravenclaw, right? Surely you know?" she continued, knowing full well he couldn't answer her.

Ooo, I do hope he wets himself! she thought, doing her best to hold back the grin that was forming. This must definitely be pure torture for the boy. She only hoped he didn't try to take revenge on her later, but then again, if he did, she and Melody would definitely have something to say - or do - about that.

Briefly, she wondered what would happen if she said the spell again, and, glancing around, made sure nobody was actually watching her. Quickly tracing the pattern in the air, she very softly muttered the spell again, smirking just a little as a second silver light hit the boy. I'll just say that I was told saying the same spell undoes it, if anyone asks, she decided, already planning her web of lies. "Oh dear," she said out loud again, keeping up the innocent façade. "How do you end the spell?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 12:24 pm

"How do you stop a spell? Do you know, Finley?"

"F-F-" Finley couldn't manage a single word through the giggles that were erupting from his lips in that moment. He knew it, of course he knew it, but he couldn't breath. He couldn't speak, he was just laughing. Laughing harder than he'd laughed in a very long time, trying to get away from the invisible hands that were tickling him. Oh this spell was torturous in nature, and he was gasping for air, barely able to hear anything above the sound of laughter around him.

His eyes had gone wide when the witch tried the same spell again, however, but he was laughing too hard to alert the professor. He knew that wasn't right, he knew. Oh Merlin, she didn't know that that was only going to make it worse. Oh Merlin, why was this all so funny? Tears were rolling down his cheeks from the laughter, and he was trying to gain control of himself, but he really couldn't.

When had he taken his last gulp of air?

Finley didn't have a clue, and he could feel himself going light-headed. Still laughing, but knowing he couldn't last much longer. How many minutes the tickling lasted, Finley didn't know, and after what felt like forever, the tickling sensation lifted from his body...

But everything went black.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 4:52 am

Chaos was not something that Jake usually allowed to happen in his class, and with a small group, it really shouldn't have happened. The professor was concentrating on getting the other groups started, not expecting much to happen in that short time. Of course, Jake being Jake was open to being wrong.

More often than he cared to admit.

Laughing started in the classroom, and a smile tugged on to Jake's lips. Laughter was such a good sound, so genuine. His eyes flickered to the group that had managed and then away as he helped another group. That had been the professor's mistake in that moment and as soon as he realised his mistake, well, he felt sick.

Hurrying to the first group who had tried it, Jake could see the boy was going a little bit of a funny colour. The girl, seemingly unsure on how to stop the spell. Jake's and came to hand a moment later, stopping the spell, but the boy's eyes seemed to roll in to the back of his head.

Curse words were flowing in Jake's head now as he stooped over the boy. Breathing, yes, he was breathing. Good. "A flick of his wand sent his Patronus charging off towards the hospital wing not a moment later. "It's okay, Madison, simple mistake. You need to use Finite Incantatum to end a spell, for future reference." Jake told the witch, still checking that Finley was still breathing. He was. Just out cold.

It was not a minute later before the school's Healer arrived and took Finley off to the Hospital Wing, with Jake apologising most profusely to her. She'd told him it was nothing major after checking the necessary vitals. Once the commotion had died down, Jake looked back to the class.

"Okay everyone. Please make sure to use the Finite Incantatum spell when you have tickled someone. You can continue, if you like." Jake told them, trying not to look too shaken himself. "Madison, you can join Violet and Brooke, if you like?" He added, so that the witch wasn't left out.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 am

It all happened way too fast for her liking. Finley didn't look like he suffered just quite enough, but there was nothing she could do now. Next time, however, she knew to stop the spell for brief periods of time to ensure the person could regain just a little air before continuing. Infinite torture without leaving a mark, she mused. This could come in very handy.

As their Professor came over, she took a deep breath and broke into crocodile tears. Not exactly sobbing or wailing - although she knew how to do that, as well - she instead let the tears roll down her face and she sniffed for added effect. "I-I'm so s-sorry," she spluttered between shaky breaths. "I d-didn't m-mean to h-hurt him!" Another sniff, then she buried her face in her hands, but only because she felt a laugh coming. It was always far too easy.

Does he really intend for me to experience the spell? There was no way Madison Bishop wanted to be forcefully tickled, let alone after she just saw what it was capable of. No, she was far too smart to get into any situation that made her vulnerable. As such, with more tears, she shook her head. "N-no, p-please." She paused, then looked around with a frightful look in her face. "I-I j-just want t-to go b-back. I-I w-want m-mom." When in doubt, always act like a lost little kid. That was what Melody and herself had discovered, really, and it usually did the trick. Paired with the almost-sobs, she was quite sure that she would be excused. "I d-didn't m-mean to hurt h-him," she added again.

To ensure that nobody would try to stop her, she grabbed her bags and moved towards the door, stumbling around as though blinded by tears. "P-please let m-me go b-back to my d-dorm," she muttered, then left without a second look backwards. Once in the halls, the tears stopped and she adjusted her posture, wiping away any wetness on her face before racing away to her down. Melody needed to hear about this right away.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:13 am

Of all the things Jake had been expecting from the witch, it had not been the tears that were falling freely from Madison's eyes in that moment. Oh how he hated people crying, it got to Jake really badly, and he felt awful now. "No, no, it's fine, honestly Madison, no harm done." Jake tried to assure the witch before him, but it seemed it was going to be no avail.

But what really hurt. What really got him was the notion a kid had been scared so much that they were asking for a parent.

That wasn't okay.

"You can go, yes, yes, of course." Jake told the witch becoming a little sheepish. He'd lost this lesson to something of a disaster when all he'd wanted was something light. The Slytherin stepped out the room, and Jake let out a soft sigh of frustration.

Managing to remember where he was, Jake turned to the rest of the class. "Does anyone need any help?" The professor asked, looking around and trying to act like everything was going to be okay.

It was, eventually. But still.

Class now closed.

Points Awarded:
Brooke Walters = 10 points for attendance + 5 for answering question = 15 points
Violet Lynch = 10 points for attendance
Finley Allen = 10 points for attendance + 5 points for answering question + 15 points for participation = 30 points.
Madison Bishop = 10 points for attendance + 15 points for participation = 25 points.

TOTAL
Gryffindor: 15
Hufflepuff: 10
Ravenclaw: 30
Slytherin: 25

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson One (First - Fourth Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2