Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Guest Speaker (Azalea) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Guest Speaker (Azalea) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Guest Speaker (Azalea) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Guest Speaker (Azalea) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Guest Speaker (Azalea) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Guest Speaker (Azalea)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

Birthday : 2004-08-04

Guest Speaker (Azalea) Empty
PostSubject: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyFri Dec 31, 2021 4:08 pm

Ever since the chance meeting between her and Azalea many weeks ago at the Leaky Cauldron, the two women had been exchanging messages and calls at least once a week to just catch up. For Josie, it meant that she had a friend outside of her circle of Quidditch teammates. While they still had yet to meet, Josie enjoyed the banter between them, getting to know the other woman and try and figure Azalea out.

Azalea's offer of being a guest speaker had been in the back of her mind for weeks but ever since her pictures had been leaked, the woman was not too sure if the Hogwarts Board would allow her to come and chat to the Quidditch hopefuls they had but when a message from Azalea had come through, letting her know she wanted to speak about her coming in one day to do the talks, Josie had been fairly quick to agree, letting the other woman her days off and when they agreed to meet up during the second week of September, Josie made sure to keep that day free.

And since Azalea was already in Hogwarts, Josie suggested the meeting to be in Hogsmeade since it was closer for the other and Josie could easily get there. Which is the reason why the red-headed woman was currently strolling into the Three Broomsticks, giving a small smile to the witch behind the bar. She swept her eyes over the bar but when she didn't see Azalea, Josie made her way towards a table further in the back, settling down to wait for Azalea.

Chaser for Holyhead Harpies || 23 || Single || Profile
Guest Speaker (Azalea) S1BczGA
The beautiful avatar and signature had been made by Lola @TDA.
Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

Birthday : 1993-08-13
Job/hobbies : Deputy Headmistress at Hogwarts

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 9:19 pm

Having assumed her duties as Deputy Headmistress, one of the first things Azalea Harrington had done on the work front was to file the applicator to request Josie LeBlanc as a guest speaker for the semester's main flying lesson. It should have been a straightforward matter after all, there was precedent with last year's guest speaker being Kiranjeet Kour. As always, the speaker would be offered the donation of their salary to the charity of their choosing and knowing Josie, the Chaser would likely chose some kind of animal shelter.

The contact and approval should have been straightforward, and had the papers waited one more day, everything would have been signed and sealed. Unfortunately, the United Kingdom woke up on the first Friday of term to very private pictures of a certain Hollyhead Harpies Chaser.

As soon as the pictures went public and viral, Azalea's heated appointment with HR came into being. The brunette stood her ground though. Far from the pictures disgracing Josie, Azalea saw it as a crime against the Chaser as she had clearly not consented to these pictures being taken. She was asleep in the photos and whoever had betrayed her had done so without Josie's knowledge. Why punish someone who had already been victimized?

That night, Azalea had sent Josie some texts to see if the younger witch was okay and Josie, true to form, was taking it all in stride. She was too good of a player to face any serious ramification work wise and Azalea had promised her she would get Josie the guest speaker slot.

The second week of September had been spent doing just that, standing up for her friend against Human Resources, the school board and even Adelaide herself. In the end however, she had managed to convince everyone to see her side and now, on Friday evening, the deputy headmistress left the school with a thick envelope in her bag containing Josie's contract. She had arranged to meet the redhead at the local pub in Hogsmeade and that was where she was headed.

It was uncharacteristically warm for autumn, meaning the coat Azalea had intended to bring with her was now on the back of a chair at her quarters. The witch made her way to the three Broomsticks dressed as casually as she could get away with given her position.

A small, cheery bell announced her entrance into the establishment and the barmaid looked up at her immediately. "Afternoon Professor," she greeted. "What can I get you started with?"  

"Hello April," Azalea greeted with a polite smile before she spied Josie's familiar auburn hair in one of the back booths. "Something strong please, for the both of us," she indicated as she made her way to the back where Josie was already seated.

"Hi you," Azalea greeted with a grin, genuinely glad to see her friend again. "You would not believe the week I've had," she added, sliding in opposite Josie just as April arrived with their drinks.

"Then again, you've had an interesting week yourself," she grinned, teasing the redhead lightly for her debut on the front page of Playwitch.

Back to top Go down
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Ever since the pictures had come out, Josie always seemed to be the most interesting topic for people to talk about as if they didn't have their own lives and decided to butt into hers. It's not like Josie was ashamed of them, on the contrary, she had even said so in the one interview she had after they came out and while she apologized for them having been spread, she did not shy away from talking about them; she was a healthy 23-year-old woman for Merlin's sake, what did they think she did in her spare time? It was clear to Josie though that until some new and tastier gossip came around, she would be stuck being the one to be gossiped about.

Despite all that though, Josie didn't really let the tabloids and her new popularity as the newest PlayWitch icon deter her from going out or interacting with people, even if she had to set clear boundaries when men didn't understand the word no. Most people that she met seemed to sympathise with her as it was clear that the pictures had been taken when she was sleeping and not consenting but even then, some just took it to mean that she was a hooker playing Quidditch to get men. Which was just rude.

"Hey," She laughed softly at Azalea's greeting, a fond smile on her face as she nodded her thanks to April when the barmaid dropped their drinks off. "You can say that again, I think this might be the first scandal I'm involved in that has not been made up."

"...I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused you." She apologized to her friend, taking a sip of her drink.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyFri May 13, 2022 6:13 pm

The brunette laughed a the legitimacy of this particular scandal involving Josie. "Seriously, do the tabloids have nothing else to report?Z" she asked, taking her drink from April. "If its not you, its poor Jacques and Kiranjeet. I don't know how you guys ever leave the house without the papers making something up." Thankfully, this would be an imposition Azalea would never be familiar with. Boring academicians rarely made for good headline material.

"...I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused you."

"Not even a little bit," Azalea reassured Josie with a soft smile. "In fact, I should be thanking you. You gave me the chance to fight for something good for a change." Putting down her drink, she reached into her purse for the envelope she had brought over. "It's way past time these old bastards realized that getting photographed naked isn't that big a deal. We all have bodies, the English are just more ashamed to admit it than other people."

Should Josie open the envelope,m she would see the original contract, the way it was before the pictures had been leaked. Her salary would be on the high end befitting her position. "I figured you would want to to donate your fee as guest professor to an animal shelter?" she grinned, knowing the redhead's love for animals.

Back to top Go down
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 2:10 pm

"The tabloids, my dear Azalea, seem to love it when Quidditch stars are involved in scandals. After all, they cannot go against many people and they think that just because I do not have the backing of a rich-ass family means that I will not sue them. Which I will so I'm letting them stew for a bit." She tucked a hair behind her ear, sighing softly. "Sometimes I just think that it's not worth it but then I get onto the pitch and I realize that I love the thrill and adrenaline when I fly and play in games."

"We all have bodies, the English are just more ashamed to admit it than other people."

Now wasn't that the truth; she knew that if this happened back home in America no one would really bat an eye, considering how many celebrities were getting photographed naked in their own homes or even in their bikinis at the beach. People just didn't seem to understand that privacy was a thing and they were all human beings. "Let me tell you, my friends in America are having a riot with the fact that I ended up as the poster girl for the Play Witch." She laughed, shaking her head. "Already they're enjoying reaping the benefits of knowing me." Which was just hilarious.

When Azalea slid an envelope over, Josie curiously eyed it before she grabbed it and opened it, pulling out the paper that was there. When she unfolded it, her eyes widened minutely as she saw the salary and the fact that it was the original contract she had been somewhat promised. "Of course, there are too many animals in the world who have no homes." She slid the contract back in the envelope, leaving that on the table as she drank the firewhiskey that had been placed on the table. "I know you must've went out of your way to assure this contract... so, thank you, Azalea."

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 4:09 pm

Azalea nodded as Josie explained the differences in English and American culture. It was true, getting photographed nude was practically a rite of passage for celebrities in America. The English however were far more conservative. Still, Azalea was glad Josie wouldn't get in trouble for something was completely not her fault.

"It's always about doing what you're most fond of," the brunettes agreed with her friend. josie played Quidditch for the same reason Azalea taught. It was their calling, the thing they enjoyed and wanted to do most in the world. "And if you ever comes across the dirtbag that leaked those photos, I hope he will experience your full wrath," she added, only half jokingly. Whoever had broken the redhead's trust this way deserved what was coming to him.

Azalea was glad to see Josie approve of the contract within the envelope. As well as the animal charities outlined for consideration in lieu of donation. "Tell you what, whichever animal charity you pick and whatever you donate to them, I'll match it too," she offered sincerely. "That way, it will all go to a good cause. It's a small amount to give in anticipation of how crowded your class will be," she added with a wink. No doubt many of the older students would just be there to look at the very attractive Quidditch player.

Back to top Go down
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 4:27 pm

Her parents had understandably been upset at what happened to her and her mother had reprimanded her about those photos being leaked but Josie had not let her words upset her and instead she dryly informed her mom that she was a consenting adult and while yes, she did get a slap on the wrist from her coach, nothing else had happened to her. Though she certainly became more popular with the male population of England, who seemed to appreciate it.

"If it wasn't for my parent's obsession with Quidditch, I would've been in Egypt dealing with runes and wards." She had passed her Ancient Runes and Arithmancy courses with Outstandings and had made a plan of getting a Mastery in both had her Quidditch career not taken off as it had done. "Mmm.." She made a noncommittal sound at Azalea's words, she knew perfectly well who it was that took those pictures and while she did not text him yet, she was letting him stew in silence, she would soon. She just wanted to know what he was thinking about leaking those pictures. The fact that he took them didn't much bother her but the fact that they made their way into the paper did.

"Will do." She already had a charity in mind but she would take her time to pursue the different ones that were suggested to her. "Some of them will no doubt be students just coming to oogle me." She huffed, shaking her head. Well, they would be disappointed. She was going to teach and not mingle with them.

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 5:01 pm

With the subject of Josie's speakership out of the way, Azalea finally relaxed. Now they could stop talking shop and get to some actual, fun conversations. "How about we get ourselves a real drink?" she proposed, waving the barkeep over and ordering something a lot stronger than what they had been previously served, if Josie agreed of course. Azalea had seen in her background research that the American had studied curse breaking and runes, but now that Josie explained further, the brunettes had more context.

"You know, if this gig goes well and you find that you enjoy guest speaking, we also need someone to speak on Runes. our current professor is good but I daresay students will find you far more interesting. Being a teacher permanently makes you somewhat boring in the eyes of the student." It was at least true for her case, or so she thought.

"So, how is practice going, other than the slap on the wrist for the photos. I won't pretend I follow Quidditch too closely but are you guys shaping up well for your next matches?" Taking a sip of her drink, she added almost as an afterthought.

"You're on the same team as... Kiranjeet Kour right? How has she been lately?" Not that Azalea meant to pry, but she had a weird feeling that all was not right between the Seeker and her boyfriend. And Jacques Clement's well being would always be a matter of interest to her.

Back to top Go down
Josie LeBlanc
Adult
Adult
Josie LeBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 5:22 pm

"I'm down for that. I've got tomorrow off from practice since the coach has a meeting about a new transfer or something." Not that she cared much as it wouldn't affect her too much. She had her permanent position with the Harpies and her contract was still good for another two years so until then she wouldn't worry. "So I can get at least somewhat drunk."

"We'll see, I'll certainly let you know when I've done a fair few sessions on Quidditch first. My first plan is to just get them all started on the basics and then I'll do sessions for beginners and then the advanced kids. It's pretty much what we do with sessions at the Harpies stadium." Which had dwindled down for the moment because it was the game season so they didn't have that much time to be catering to kids wanting to learn. "And if I enjoy the session I wouldn't mind doing some on Runes or maybe do a session on Curse Breaking." She'd have to get some of her own sessions at Gringotts or maybe get a private session with a Curse Breaker somewhere before she would do a lecture with the kids.

"Same as always. The girls all teased me about the pictures but other than that it's just the same." Of course, there was tension within the group because of the transfer window being open and Josie knew there would be some moving to different teams. "We're hoping to win the finals this year so the coach is putting us through the grinder."

At Azalea's question about Kiranjeet, Josie grimaced. "Apart from her usual attitude she has been somewhat closed off lately, no doubt because of whatever is going on between her and Jacques. I don't pry, not my business but she has been slightly unbearable to play with."

Back to top Go down
Azalea Murray
Head of Slytherin
Head of Slytherin
Azalea Murray

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 6:04 pm

Hearing that Josie was free to get drunk if she wished, Azalea let out a laugh. "Sadly, I do not have that luxury," she confessed, taking another sip of her drink. "Even if I was off work, which I'm not, I'll have to be home for Adrienne, and that is not a job one can do intoxicated. But i will keep you company as much as I can," she added, reassuring the redhead that she would not abandon her mid drink. "Besides... I don't really get drunk anymore, not unless i specifically let myself," she added, now trusting Josie with the secret. They may have been friends for only a few months but Azalea found Josie a good confidante who knew how to keep a secret.

As conversation tuned to Kiranjeet, the assistant headmistress listened with more interest. So her hunch had been somewhat accurate if Josie seemed o agree with it too.

"It makes me genuinely sad to hear that," she admitted after a pause. "Jacques is crazy about her but something just seems off between them lately. I'm worried about him." Azalea didn't say this as if it was a juicy bit of gossip. Clear concern showed on her features as she discussed the French heir and his girlfriends. "I believe - from Mimosa - he's doing his army training in France. And long distance is never easy..." she stopped short of implying that Kiranjeet should be more understanding because she didn't want to blame the girl. Still, it was how Azalea felt. Kiran needed to realize the gravity of who she was dating and at least try to make allowances for that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guest Speaker (Azalea)   Guest Speaker (Azalea) Empty

Back to top Go down

Guest Speaker (Azalea)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next