Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  Empty
PostSubject: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 11:47 pm

Veronika chewed nervously on the end of her quill as she tried to squish the unease building in her gut. She hated being away from Ivan, even when she knew her parents were watching him at their house she really wished that they were at school with Ivan instead. She'd talk to Headmaster Jameson about it, she couldn't imagine he liked being away from his daughter all-day especially when she thought about how Naomira planned on going back to work. She sighed and dropped the quill, she rubbed her hands on her black slacks and focused her magic on summoning her chalk and writing the lessons on the board for the individual years. She then transfigured the board into a raven and petted it's feathers softly as it perched itself on her arm, she used her magic to heal the small wounds from it's talons, and carefully waited for her students to enter, her face bright and her smile wide.

She missed her son, but it was worth it to see her students again.

"Good morning, students!" She begun. "I apologize for melding you all together like I did in the Deuling class, but I have to budget my time now. Anyway, I'd like to hear how all of your winter breaks were, I apologize for not asking sooner, but I've had a lot on my mind." She smiled and waited for answers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Christopher slipped in to Professor Hollands' class happily. Except, he reminded himself, she was now Professor Newbury - well, the female version of Professor Newbury, anyway. Professor Newbury (of the male variety) was one lucky son of a Harpy, Christopher had decided from the moment he'd heard of the engagement, and now the marriage. Professor Ho-Newbury was a beautiful witch, given her age, and Christopher approved.

Taking a seat in the middle of the room, Christopher waited for the class to begin, grinning as the professor asked of their holidays. "Can't say it was as eventful as yours!" Christopher called out, the smile on his lips showing that he was both complimenting, and making a joke of the professor in the same process. It wasn't malicious, though, Christopher did respect the woman, but he couldn't be told otherwise that their professor had enjoyed her holidays immensely.

"I had to deal with my sisters, so my holidays were terrible." Christopher added, answering her question so as not to look like he was only here to cause mischief.
Back to top Go down
Elenore Clement
Adult
Adult
Elenore Clement

Birthday : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Elenore hurried up from the Hufflepuff Common Room to the Transfiguration classroom with enthusiasm. The classes beforehand had been few and far between, but Transfiguration was an important class, so the French witch was going to make the most out of it. Slipping through the door, Elenore took up a seat in the second row of the class before taking out her books.

There were very few people in the room at this point, but Elenore was sure that the class size would grow with a little more time.

With everything in order, Elenore took to writing the class and date on the top of a piece of paper in fine calligraphy. There was no use in wasting the time she had for being early, her tutors would be happy with the way she managed her time in this instance.

Soon, though, their professor was speaking, and Elenore looked up from her work to the professor. The comment made by another boy in the classroom made Elenore shake her head very slightly. He should know better, Elenore thought, knowing the boy vaguely as a Pureblood. But, she made no outward notion of her feelings towards his comments.

"I spent my holidays in the Alps." Elenore supplied after the boy had finished, a warm smile on her lips. "Skiing, with my family." She added, hoping a number of people in the room would make a note of that much. Skiing, to anyone in this country, was something that cost money, and Elenore didn't mind subtly reinstating that fact where she could.

~ Diary ~ Profile ~ Kelenore Playlist ~
~ Ambitious ~ 21 ~ Slim ~ 5'6" ~ Athletic ~
Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  Signat12
Thank you to the amazing Kiera for my signature <3
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 10:05 am

Lux entered the Transfiguration Classroom and raised one eyebrow at the raven on the professor's arm as if it was the best and most natural place to perch on in the entire world. Assuming the lesson for the day was transfiguring things into birds, Lux made her way to the back of the classroom, bypassing both Purebloods.

She sat down and waited impatiently for the class to start. When the professor started talking, Lux couldn't help but roll her eyes and groan softly. It felt like she'd stepped into a social skills class instead of transfiguration. She listened as students gave their answers, not missing the implication of the female Pureblood's words. Those stuck up rich idiots were all the same, showing off their wealth and high status and looking down their noses at everyone else.

"Right. Sliding over snow is such a high class activity," Lux muttered under her breath. Lux had decided not to share her winter break with the professor - because what she did was none of her business - but changed her mind when she heard the girl's response.

"I drank blood, sprayed creative graffiti on walls, in designated areas so nothing illegal, mind you; made a toddler cry by taking away her lollipop, made another toddler cry by dissecting a dead cat in front of him, and planned a hypothetical assassination for a very important official," Lux said sweetly, counting the list of things with her fingers. "I could continue but I doubt the rest of the class would like me to go on."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 8:31 pm

Finley had pretty much ran down to Transfiguration that morning. Professor Hollands was back! Well, she was Professor Newbury now, something Finley had known was coming even before his professor thanks to his best friend. And, now Finley knew something else, too, but he didn't dare to tell anyone else what he knew about their professors. It was good news, news that Naomi had seen in one of her visions, and, truth be told, Finley was very happy for his professor.

Professor Ho- Newbury had helped him achieve so much, he was going to be eternally grateful to her for it all. Slipping through the door after a couple of other students, a little out of breath, but smiling warmly towards the professor, Finley moved to a seat at the front of the classroom. "M-morning!" Finley greeted the witch once he'd settled, waiting for the room to fill up so that the lesson could begin. The question that was raised made Finley look away from the professor, though, he didn't have anything interesting to say, and as the other students began to explain, he knew his story was not needed.

However, the Slytherin girl's - Lux Bailey's - story made a shiver run down his spine. She was horrible. So, so horrible. Why would you say such things? But, Finley didn't look round, nor to the professor, instead keeping his eyes on his hands on the desk, pretending not to exist.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 5:15 pm

Caelan waved at Alex, Ellie's boyfriend (at least he assumed with the amount of times he watched the guy hang around his little sister), as he headed towards his Transfiguration class. Alex was a good guy, shy but he seemed well-versed with the ladies, he flushed thinking about Eva at the memory of ladies. He couldn't help but think of her these days, she was lovely. She was kind. She was sweet and he knew she was intelligent too. He longed to be with her always, but there was a distance to be made. He ran a hand through his hair, soon Phil would realize Ellie had a boyfriend and he couldn't imagine it going over well. They were fourteen, so first boyfriends and girlfriends were almost a guaranteed soon enough. Phil was the type to threaten to pound someone's face in if Ellie ever got hurt over a guy (then again Ellie could easily kick some ass, he'd seen her wrestle with Phil and best him in minutes, she had some speed on her).

Caelan would see to personal destruction, at least to the best of his abilities.

He felt himself begin to worry over his sister as he smiled politely at Professor Newbury. He thanked his lucky stars neither Taela nor Katherina would be dating anytime soon. Should that happen, he couldn't imagine the kind of ulcers he'd get over nervousness for his sisters. His poor dad! He shook the thoughts from his head as he cordially listened to his schoolmates answers for their Transfiguration professor's question.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Sumire pulled her hair from her face as she let out a low groan. She'd woke up that morning feeling an unnatural pain in her back between her shoulder blades. She knew what that meant. Most women who went through the transformation (the translation from Kanji to English was killer) felt aches and the transformation early before late summer. Apparently, much like an animal Veelas had a mating season - and in some cases, a heat. She felt herself shudder and feel sick at the idea of being not in control of her body or what it was to go through. She let out an uneasy sigh as she rubbed her shoulder tenderly. She knew what that pain meant.

Wings.

She was going to be a pretty bird some day. It made her cringe. Well, she thought sourly, it would be an interesting twist on Bye, Bye Birdie if she ever could continue her career as an actress. She gave a heavy sigh and ran a hand through her ponytail. She wanted to leave already, school was amazing as always but she couldn't deny she wanted a nap, some tea, and some medicine already. Yet she knew she couldn't because interfering with the process of her transformation in anyway, could hinder or even disfigure her. She hated that idea.

Entering class, in a macabre and down move she gave a nod to her professor and seated in a more isolated part of class closest to the quiet students.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Keona braided her hair carefully as she sat on her dorm bed, she hummed softly, enjoying the ease of mornings. She knew it was June, and she was used the heat from Italy, but the chill of the castle academia always rattled her just the slightest. She had yet to fully adjust to the constant weather: which felt ridiculous, she'd spent almost half a decade there after all. Not to mention, where she lived during the summers for the most part it rained. The past years since starting Hogwarts were anything but slow, and really she had no excuse to not be acclimated to the environment. Except, she was used to the feel of the hot summer sun lighting her day. With a sigh she donned her heavy robes (not really heavy, she was just dramatic when she wanted to be), and headed towards Transfiguration.

Once arriving, after she greeted Professor Newbury, with a happy congratulations she headed towards a seat with her Hufflepuff homies, it always made her giggle to think of them like that, and listened as the other students spoke. She was good at withdrawing when others were being forthright, so she did just that. Josephine and her drama was away from her, and she took to enjoying how the other students did with a small glee for their happiness.
Back to top Go down
The Administrator

The Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Admin Closure of Class.

Thank you to those who have posted in this class - unfortunately the professor cannot finish up the class, so an admin will close it. Points will be given as follows:

10 points for attendance
5 points for any question being answered
Up to 15 points for participation

Thank you for your participation - this will still count as one of your three classes.

If you have any questions in regards to the points being handed out (either as a student or professor) please contact myself or another admin via PM to discuss them.

House Points
Elenore Clement = 10 points for attendance
Sumire Sidhir = 10 points for attendance

Caelan Brennham = 10 points for attendance
Christopher Richardson = 10 points for attendance
Finley Allen = 10 points for attendance
Keona Brisby = 10 points for attendance

Lux Bailey = 10 points for attendance

TOTAL:
Gryffindor: 0
Hufflepuff: 20
Ravenclaw: 40
Slytherin: 10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)    Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson Three: New Years, New Spells (All Years)
Page 1 of 1