Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:02 am

September 21st, 2022
5:45pm

No problems. Might be easier to write if you opened a book? Also, how do you lose a planner? Mine never leaves my side. Sometimes I think you should have been a Claw but then you go and lose your planner.

Yep! But something to be aware of is the condition of the animals that the product came from. Researching the manufacturers is really important. Free range and cageless chicken eggs are different things. Free range means the chickens were free to roam around, while cageless could mean anything. You also want to pay attention to what the animals were fed, because not only is some food bad for the animal but if they ingest some sort of toxin it could contaminate the product.

I think I started just because I wanted to try it. The way I grew up really helped me make the choice. Until I was almost 10, I lived with a mother who hurt others for no other reason than her own benefit. I think that I just one day decided that I didn't want to benefit off of anyone's pain; animals or humans.

You start slow, of course. Especially if you're used to eating meats at every meal. Like, start with breakfast and move down the meal schedule until you're meatless completely.

Some people decide to keep fish in their diet just for the protein. There are other ways to get protein, but Pescetarian is an option.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 am

September 21st, 2022
5:50pm

I have four books open and notes from six classmates. I'm good. I didn't LOSE it. I misplaced it. I think I left it on my bed. I'm in the study slash library of my common room.

That all makes sense. Thank you for the info.

I don't mind fish or seafood too much. They're dispatched in a cleaner and neater way.

What's Pescetarian?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:12 am

September 21st, 2022
5:53pm

Misplaced is a word used by people who don't want to admit that they lost an object. The first step to acceptance is admitting you have a problem.

No problem! Seafood can sometimes be treated better, so some people do decide that they want to eat no other meat than seafood.

That's what pescetarian is. It's when you take every kind of meat except for seafood out of your diet. It's a pretty good way to keep protein in your diet if you don't want to completely abandon meat. (Personally, I'd still stay away from lobster because I don't like how they are killed. But to each his own).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:16 am

September 21st, 2022
5:55pm

It's either on my bed or in my locker. It's not lost; we're wizards, aren't we? Accio will get it back easily enough.

That's true. Pescetarian sounds like the thing for me.

Might I confide something in you? I don't wish to scare you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:21 am

September 21st, 2022
6:00pm

Using Accio is admitting that you lost it.

I'm glad! Even if it's just something you do for a while and then decide against it, it's really something that people should try.

And of course, dude. What else are pals for?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 am

September 21st, 2022
6:03pm

No, it's the smart thing to do. I could just be too lazy to walk to my room.

My dad's a butcher. I've seen... a lot of things ... and I don't like the idea of meat. If I tried to go vegetarian (or whatever else) my dad would flip. It's his livelihood, after all, meat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:56 am

September 21st, 2022
6:07pm

First of all, while I do not condone anything that your father may do I will try my best to remain unbiased.

Secondly, lazy or not you still lost the planner.

Thirdly, How he would react doesn't matter. I personally believe that childhood memories fuel adulthood decisions. And if you think that this may be the best route for you, then I think you should do it.

So many people waste so much time stuck in their own minds and their own opinions. If you don't think you can change your father's opinion on vegetarianism then you can't change his opinion. So what? If he loves you, he'll come around.

If he chooses animal corpses over you, he's a dick.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 7:33 am

September 21st, 2022
6:22pm

Sorry again for the late reply. I was churning out more bull.

I don't condone it either. I don't think I mind if it was in the wild. Hunters hunting to eat, like in the old days. I don't agree with animal torture.

I don't want to disappoint my family. He already... It's... There are things that factor in. Complicated things. I'm not sure he loves me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:45 pm

September 21st, 2022
6:25pm

Well, we used to live in a world where meat was the only option for survival. We have other options now.

How could you disappoint him? Catch him off guard, sure. It always takes parents a while to accept that their child has chosen a different path. But you have to make him understand.

Circumstances, as of what?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:54 pm

September 21st, 2022
7:13pm

Sorry. I was finishing the essay. That's true. You have a point there.

As I said. It's complicated.

I'm sorry. Don't take it personally. Some things are just not meant to be shared.

Let me just say I don't want to give him any reason to dislike me. Meat is his business. If his son went vegetarian what would that say?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)   The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The butcher's son (Lyd's NPC)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts & Beyond :: Archives :: Archived Threads :: Archives Game Nine (2022-23)-
Jump to: