Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 4:06 pm

Jackson,

That's a lot of money for sure and good luck with your campaigning. Oh, it's good that someone else could remember me from that evening, even if myself don't remember much of people from there. Seems like I gave some kind of good expression for Kit Harrington then.

Oh and thank you for the beautiful bracelet. You didn't have to spend your money on me. I'm not sure why you did it. It's pretty and really do like it. Thank you for that. I'm also glad that I could be helpful for you when you needed someone to lift your spirits.

My life isn't really so interesting as yours. Just trying to get along with my annoying and troublesome roommates. Also, I try to keep up with my studies. So yeah nothing interesting hasn't really happened. Everything is still the same but I wish there would happen some interesting.

Well, one thing has happened, one of my roommates knows about the letters I write to someone and him back to me. But I haven't really told who you are. Only where we did meet. Nothing else really since she doesn't have to know who you really are.

Since I would like to keep it secret from my roommates. I don't really like them going around and gossiping things. Yeah, they like to gossip about everything. So I try to keep my personal life mostly to myself.

And it's fine you talked about yourself. It's good to know you are doing good over the seas.

Sasha
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Date: 20th March, 2023

RE: From the Campaign Trail (ish)

You know, you really do underestimate yourself, Sasha. You're far more memorable than you give yourself credit for. I'm not at all surprised Kit Harrington remembered you. In fact, I might even go as far as to say you could be my good luck charm!

And speaking of good luck, I could sure use some more of it out here. Now with the funding secured, we've begun to actually campaign. Who knew television time was so expensive. Nonetheless my mentor believes in going big or going home and he's a pro, so we've bought a few ads and they'll start airing locally next week.

But until then, I finally got the weekend off. I'm supposed to be heading to New York at the end of the month, a not so subtle invite from the Magical Congress. But this weekend I'm going white water rafting. It promises to be dank!

Do you like sports? Extreme sports to be precise. I'm a huge fan. Merida thinks I'm crazy but there's just something about the rush of speed and adrenaline you can't beat. What do you enjoy doing? Are you old enough to try extreme sports? What are you, nineteen? i don't even know when your birthday is.

Watch out for that roommate, I hear girls can get pretty catty about these things. She's probably jealous because you're so much prettier than her and have an awesome, devilishly handsome pen pal across the pond. Though avoiding gossip is a good idea, it kind of makes or breaks a politician's career over here.

Have to run, duty calls. Miss you.

Jackson

From the Offices of Jackson Blake
Milwaukee City Hall
Districts 3 and 4

If you are looking to get in touch with your representative, please visit our website or email directly to rep.blake@legis.wisconsin.gov

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:14 pm

Jackson,

Maybe I do yes underestimate myself. Just never said to me that I'm special to someone. So yes it's a bit hard to believe that I'm your good luck charm but I guess I have to believe you on that. Just no one has never called me that.

I hope you're doing good there. I can't really come support you in person. Can't take time off my school right now. So good luck there with your campaigning and everything else. I don't know much about politics.

Oh, that's good. I hope you will enjoy your weekend then. Mine probably will be full off studying as always. Oh, that sounds interesting never done it before myself. So I hope it goes well for you.

Sports is something you could say I can enjoy at times but not always. Really depends on what I'm doing. Lately taking risks is one of the things I seemed to do often. Never really done any extreme sports before. Just haven't had the courage for it. You're pretty close, and my birthday is in May.

Yeah, I need to be careful with them yes. I don't wanna ruin things for you. Don't worry she didn't see the letter. Just saw me reading it. And never said your name. So you're safe for now. I know gossip can be bad thing yes. So I try not to say too much, at least not something gossip-worthy.

Sasha.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Date: 28th March, 2023

Well aren't you a doll for worrying about me? i'd say that's pretty supportive given you can't physically be here. Which is actually good because the hours are long and only going to get longer. You'll also get terribly bored because it's always the same speeches, the same rhetoric and the same gas lighting every stop. After a while, everything just blurs together in one big chuck of misery and you start wishing for home.

But I knew what I was getting into so I'm not going to start whining like a liberal now. If you ask me, that's what this country needs. less whining and more rolling up your sleeves and getting to work.

You know the more you tell me about your folks and how they raised you, the more angry I get. How could no one have ever told you that you're special? It's just unfathomable. See, I grew up with just Merida, no dad to complete the family picture. Merida taught me how to throw a ball, how to build a fire and change a tire, basically it was just her and me and even though she never says things like "you're special", I always knew she was pretty sweet on me. You have two parents and it sounds like neither of them are doing a good job of being even one decent parent.

You should totally move to the US and get a job here, we appreciate folks here a lot more.

In other news, I had a great time rafting, we went off some solid rapids and it was awesome! Next time you're over state side, I'm definitely taking you. Sadly the fun is over and I'm back to work. Though I'll be leaving for New York in two days. that city is going to be so boring without you now.

Take care of yourself Sash, mind that jealous roommate! And write me a letter for when I get back.

Jackson

Milwaukee City Hall
Districts 3 and 4

If you are looking to get in touch with your representative, please visit our website or email directly to rep.blake@legis.wisconsin.gov

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 11:23 am

Jackson,

I guess yeah I will get bored there like this. Then again I'm used be alone so many of my hours in the day. Missing home would be hard to happen for me since I barely miss it anyways. Even when being in school I barely miss my home since yeah big house just for yourself doesn't really very homey. My dorm room even feels homier.

Yeah, whining about things yes isn't always a good thing to do.

My folks have been like that already for years. Last time we did spend time together when I was five. Ever since then work seems to be more important for them. Well, they did teach me few things back then but now I haven't talked to them for awhile. I'm used to that they aren't there anymore. It's up to you if you're angry about it or not. I don't really feel anything about it anymore.

That offer sounds lovely but I can't right now.

That's god to hear that you had fun there. Maybe yeah one day I can join with you there. Oh aww, you will find something to do there without me too.

You take care of yourself too.

Sasha.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 3:02 am

Date: 2nd April, 2023

Returned from New York a at 3 a.m. last night and went straight to the office. Exhausted beyond belief but your letter took the edge of the shitty trip. So much to tell you.

I need to get my thoughts in order but I'm half falling asleep. Doing half day at work today but I figured I'd scribble you a few lines before I head home and crash.

Have an important question for you but I can't remember it right now. New York sucked without you.

Love
Jackson

Milwaukee City Hall
Districts 3 and 4

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 10:47 am

Jackson,

Oh. So why was your trip shitty? Of course, if you wanna tell why. If not it's fine too. I'm just a curious what happened. You should try to rest for a while if you're exhausted.

Oh thanks for writing me. You didn't really have to write me.

For me, nothing much hasn't changed yet. Still homework, school and so on. Everything is still the same. Nothing interesting hasn't happened either.

What is the question? You made me curious now about it. Oh, aw. Sorry I couldn't be there. Maybe some other time.

Sasha
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Date: 2nd April, 2023

Hey Sash!

So i finally got some sleep and some perspective. I was so tired, i fell unconscious was out almost twenty hours. Haven't slept like that since I was in college pulling all nighters to finish assignments. Though I'm sure I don't need to remand you what that's like since you're likely living it.

Okay so lets talk about my trip to New York. I think I mentioned it was work related but it wasn't exactly my choice. i was summoned to the magical congress and they had a rather odd proposal for me. I don't know how much you keep up with regional and international politics but this summer, there's going to be a pretty important Summit where the International Confederation of Witches and Wizards will decide on the Statute of Secrecy.

I have so much material to read through, I'm afraid if I start explaining, I'll confuse myself. I was never the smart one at school, just worked hard and got by. I know, tale of the average Joe much right?

Anyway, by some cruel twist of fate, I was asked to represent U.S interests at this summit. I can't think of a single thing that makes me qualified to do so other than the fact that I'm in No Mag politics and i started a few wizard-no mag outreach programs helping parents understand their magical children and whatnot. Other than that... I feel like I'm being set up to fail.

Which is why I'm not going to. I have all the folders on the statute by my bedside and I'll read through every single one of them to make notes along the way. I'll structure my argument the best way possible and kick ass at the summit! Or at least try not to completely botch it up. Who knows, if I do well enough, there might be more help coming along to my campaign. As my mentor always says, there can never be enough PACs and SUPERPACs.

What do you think of all that? Quite the twist huh?

Jackson

Milwaukee City Hall
Districts 3 and 4

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Jackson,

Oh well yeah, there are times when yeah we all need to pull all-nighters and then sleep a lot after this. I hope you feel after long hour sleep better.

Oh well, I have heard about that summit yes. Well, I have read some of that news, not all of them. It's not easy to keep up with everything and I have heard things even from my schoolmates and so on.

You need to explain me those things really.

Oh, I see. Well, good luck on all that. I believe you will to good there. Just you have to believe in yourself too and prepare for it. Yes reading through all those materials is a good idea. So keep read and understand them.

I won't be much help in this matter for sure. So you have to work on it yourself.

It was twist for sure. But I'm sure you do good there.

Sasha.
Back to top Go down
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 5:50 am

Date: 10th April, 2023

Schoolmates? I think you mean college buddies? Jeez Sash, you're adorable. So much so that you sound like a kid sometimes.

But yeah, the issue is pretty complex, the more I read it the more of a clusterfuck it looks to me - if you'll excuse my language. It doesn't help that the covenant or whatever was enacted before America was even a thing so we're not represented at a grassroots level even. And no one bothered to outline a proper procedure for countries splitting off and severing economic ties. I am now beginning to see why Congress would choose this opportunity to set someone up for failure.

As for you not being of much help, I disagree Ma'am. I think you are an incredible source of support and understanding and just... being there. I don't really know how to articulate it. You're just here and listen to me and never ask for anything in return. Are you even for real?

But if you'd like to provide more tangible assistance in my quest for world domination, I will gladly accept it, Ms. Denver. Remember how I told you I had an important question for you. Well... just consider it first. i don't need an answer right away, and I know it's a lot to ask of someone I've only met once and stayed in touch with via letters for four months but...

See, I'm going to need to bring a date to the Summit. It's being held in the Cayman Islands and all the world leaders are going to congregate there (along with their security detail I imagine). There's a standing +1 invite and people are bringing their partners, children, even siblings. I... don't really have anyone at the moment and if you say no, I guess I can ask the current Mayor of Green Lake.

But I'd really like to take you. The trip would be in the summer so you should be off for break, and it will last about a week. The Cayman Islands are really beautiful and it will be like a paid vacation for you. You can enjoy all the island's faculties while I attend boring conferences all day long. If you can't make it, I completely understand. You're just my first choice and if you say no, I'll have to take a harpy who can't shut up for two minutes because her opinion is oh so important.

Also, you're beautiful enough to make anyone jealous of my sheer dumb luck!

Remember to think it over carefully, you can take as long as you want. Just let me know at least a week before so I can arrange for someone else if you can't go.

Jackson

Milwaukee City Hall
Districts 3 and 4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)   Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Letters to someone who I barely know (Jackson)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next