Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Tessa Greene

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Emptyby Chester Millstone Today at 8:55 am

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Emptyby Tessa Greene Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

» 100 Word Tag Drabble Challenge
DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Emptyby Mimosa Harrington Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Empty
PostSubject: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

December 2023

Jake had decided to change things slightly this time, knowing that just being in a classroom was never going to be enough for his students. Hogwarts was less open to these kind of activity based lessons, but Jake had never been the kind of teacher who conformed to the original idea of lesson plans. No, today he was going to allow the students to try all that they had learned thus far in a more interactive manner.

Waiting for the students to arrive (and hoping for even numbers) Jake stood in the middle of the duelling classroom, looking around it curiously. It was a distant cry from the stepped arena of Salem, but it was good enough for the purposes set out by the lesson today.

When the students would arrive, Jake would meet each of them with a warm greeting, and a quick question of how they were, before he turned to greet the next. Only as the hour drew to a close and the lesson began did Jake converse with the students as a whole.

"Welcome, everyone, I hope the change of scenery wasn't too confusing? Unfortunately the change means no Santa hats or reindeer ears this year, though I'm sure some of you will be grateful for that much." He said, giving a small pause for a laugh, or groan, depending on his students' moods. "Today, we will be having a go at duelling, I hope you're all familiar with the technique, but, so that you're all clear, I will show you."

Jake proceeded to show the class as a whole the specific start to a duel, the bow, the paces away from one another, and then (with something of a dramatic over-flair, the first move which sent the box at the far end of the arena up in smokes in the shape of a snowman).

"Now, I want you to pair off with one another, and I want you to try the duel. Please refrain from using spells that can permanently, or severely injure one another, but be creative with your wand work. Offensive magic is not always key to success, after all."

OOC: Based on the fact I am late putting class up (sorry) please jump straight in to a duel RP with a partner of your choosing. If a separate thread is easier for the pair, please let me know and I will keep an eye and jump in if necessary.

CURRENTLY OPEN TO SIX (6) CHARACTERS!

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Mimosa Harrington
Hogwarts Head Girl
Hogwarts Head Girl
Mimosa Harrington

Birthday : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Mimosa should have known something was about to go down when the announcement Jake had sent out to the DADA class said to convene at the dueling classroom instead. Since it had gone up a few days earlier, plenty of students had been granted the opportunity to speculate what the Gryffindor Head had in store for his students. theories ranging from complicated obstacle courses to a free for all melee duel where all students worked together to bring Jake down flew through the corridors and Mimosa had to work really hard not to show how stupid everyone was.

As if Jake would make them fight him. She may not know her teacher that well but the man always twisted himself into knots in just their Quidditch training, trying to make sure she never got hurt. Mimosa doubted he would devise any lesson that would involve mass injury.

But she didn't say it out loud partly because she either forgot at the time and partly because morbid curiosity still held some sway on the eleven year old. If there was going to be a tough obstacle course, she was going to head straight for Mercy and they would ace it like they did with the pixies. But if there was a mass attack... the strategy of hiding behind Gaspard would serve better.

So when the usual crowd of Slytherins arrived at the classroom and found out what they would be doing, it became super important to find a partner that wasn't Ji Hyun or Squid Boy. Catherine and Constance were already taking out their wands because they had a "no messing with the hair" pact and the boys were glaring daggers at each other, clearly trying to use this opportunity to prove who was the more superior wizard. The only other Slytherin in the room was Elena, and in that second, Mimosa had never been happier to see the blonde.

"Hey Elena, lets duel!" the little witch chirped, walking over to the taller girl. Of course, Mimosa wasn't the bets at using her wand and hardly knew any spells but in her mind, she would give the other witch a tough fight.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Elena walked into class with her wand in hand ready for today's lesson. Elena has always loved DADA, she took after her father in that department so when it came to this class from now on, she was going to honor her father in a way. The hair clip with a dolphin from the Muggle world that was her favorite was clipped in her hair. It was the last thing her father had given her.

Elena intently listened to what Professor Jake was saying. Duel. She was good at dueling, instantly remembering everything her had taught her growing up. She was pretty confident but she refused to let it go to her head. Who knows there could or is someone better then her in the room. When Professor Jake said to partner up she was approached by another Slytherin. Mimosa if she recalled. "Yes Mimosa, lets duel" she agreed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 12:45 pm

DADA has been one of the class what Sasha seems to enjoy most of the time when she attends there. Even if she isn't always the best in the class but at least she seems to try. When she got the note saying next DADA lesson is in duelling classroom then she wasn't really sure what to expect from it.

Sasha greeted the professor there of course when she entered the classroom. She waited until the class began there now quietly. She might be in a happier mood than she used to be a few months ago. Anyways the girl was glad when the class finally started, so she finally understood what they needed to do for real today.

The head girl looked all around the classroom to see who she could pair up here now. She barely knew anyone. She noticed how Elena and Mimosa seemed to pair up there now. She soon noticed the girl named Mercy, who was a few years younger than her but she didn't mind it. She walked over the girl. "Hey, Mercy. Would you like to pair up with me? It's totally okay too when you don't wanna." She wasn't really sure if the other girl will be okay with it but she hoped she would.

The seventh-year Hufflepuff didn't really know much of the duelling spells but she hoped it would still go well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 am

Nerisei's life had taken an interesting turn. At the beginning of the term, her relationship with Dimitri had grown somewhat cold, and all because he had failed one lesson, but was forced to resit a whole year. Nerisei could not understand why a parent would do that to his son, especially to someone as intelligent and capable as Dimitri. But the witch didn't have a say in this, since she didn't particularly know what was going on inside Dimitri's family.

Though, to make matters worse, the young witch had become a Prefect, a position the older male had wanted quite badly, and to see her stealing that away from him had hurt him. Badly. And that ended with a cold and distant Dimitri, who was constantly avoiding Nerisei at all costs, all because he couldn't deal with his damn emotions like a man. It had taken the witch quite some time, but eventually, she had found time to talk to him. But that talk had led to... other things. Things that Nerisei eventually put to a stop, because they were in the middle of the Ravenclaw Common Room.

They did meet the next day though, and after everything that happened in the Prefects' Bathroom, someone could say that the duo was back to what they used to be over the summer. Utterly smitten with each other. The Ravenclaw witch found it quite difficult to focus during her lessons, which frustrated beyond words. But each time her eyes landed on Dimitri, and he gave her that charming smile of his, everything seemed to calm inside of her. Her whole world was literally revolving around him. And with Christmas Holidays being almost here, Nerisei couldn't help but think of what was going to happen between the two.

But today's lessons was one that needed extreme concentration, and the witch had promised herself to stay focused. Defense Against the Dark Arts had never been her favourite subject -- everyone and their mother knew that was Potions--, but she found it quite interesting nonetheless. "Dimitri move your ass, we're going to be late!" Neri hissed, grabbing Dimitri's hand and dragging him down the stairs. Whoever had said that women took longer to get ready... it was a lie!

Eventually, the duo arrived to class, in time, thank Merlin, and was surprised to see that today's lesson was... a Duel. A devilish smirk touched the girl's lips as she turned to the male by her side. "May I have the honor of being your partner today, Mister Moreau?" Nerisei asked, knowing that Dimitri would not reject her. She dared him to try, though.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Ever since the rendezvous he'd had with Nerisei in the Prefect's Bathroom, things had become easy between the two of them again. Free from the awkwardness that had become normal in their return to the castle. No, now everything seemed to be flowing nicely, even if their friends had caught on to the rekindled friendship that had become noticeable. Dimitri, though, on his part, had not told any of his friends what had or hadn't happened that evening, because it would remain between himself and Nerisei and, in his mind, that was the only people who needed to know.

Hurrying down from the boy's dorm -- it took time to make his hair look this good -- to meet Nerisei as they'd agreed the night before, Dimitri couldn't help but grin as he stepped down the last step to Nerisei's chastising, his hand being tugged along to get him moving faster. "Alright, Gerber, alright." He teased lightly, pressing a light kiss to her cheek as they walked together to Defence Against the Dark Arts.

The walk didn't take long, unfortunately, and the two stood together as they waited for Jake to start the class. Dimitri, though, let Nerisei's hand go once they'd entered class, not wanting things to be deemed improper in front of a member of staff. The lesson of the day turned out to be a duel and Dimitri looked vaguely impressed at such a notion. When Nerisei asked if he'd like to be her partner that day, the older male couldn't help but smirk. "If you think you can keep up," he joked with her softly, his hand brushing hers to show he was only playing before he motioned off to the side. "Come on, we'll move over there out of the way of everyone else."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Mercy was excited about dueling. She'd found she was best at offensive spells, and she wanted to put them to the test. She had taken one dueling class last year, in fact, and it had been really fun, but was unfortunately not offered again this year. She watched carefully as Jake showed them the motions, remembering how the guy last year had done it. As he finished the demonstration, she clapped a little bit, ready to start. When he released them, Mercy immediately turned to look for Mimosa.

Only to find her talking to the older girl she'd met in Diagon Alley over the summer. Mercy froze. Somehow it had never even occurred to her that she and Mimosa wouldn't be partners. They were a team. Right? She knew that they'd never exactly agreed to work with each other all the time, and that partnering up in class wasn't actually supposed to be done on the basis of friendship, but...well, Mercy had just sort of assumed it was an unspoken thing. It hurt more than it probably should have, seeing her choose someone else to work with. It was just one class, but still. She felt...bad. Jealous, her mind supplied. She blinked.

She was jealous, she realized. And not just today; she felt it whenever Mimosa walked around surrounded by her admirers. Why? Mimosa was allowed to have other friends. It really shouldn't bother her so much...but it did. All she wanted was to spend some time alone with her best friend, to have her full attention. Something in her chest fluttered at the thought, and she forced herself to snap her gaze away from the younger girl and pay attention to the class. Mimosa had a partner, so right now she needed to figure out who she was going to work with.

Almost as soon as she'd started looking around, Sasha approached her with an offer. Mercy grinned up at the older girl, relieved that she wouldn't have to find someone she didn't know. She nodded emphatically. "Sure! Let's go over there," she pointed to an empty space near Jake's desk and started walking towards it, trying not to look at Mimosa as she passed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 8:24 pm

The young witch didn't expect Dimitri to refuse her, but even as the words of agreement left the boy's lips, Nerisei couldn't help the smile that touched her lips. His teasing had always been welcome, and Nerisei found herself loving it more and more, as time passed. Truthfully, she loved everything about him more and more. "Oh, I am sure I can handle you, Mister Moreau." The witch teased back, walking after him as they moved off to the side, where there wa space for them to duel.

Pushing the sleeves of her shirt up, Nerisei took her wand out, giving Dimitri a big smile. "I promise to go easy on you, my love." Nerisei said before bowing, though her eyes remained on Dimitri the whole time, a small smirk touching her features. She was going to enjoy dueling with Dimitri, she knew that very well. Standing back up, Nerisei turned around and took the appropriate amount of steps away from Dimitri. The fingers that were wound around her wand seemed to tighten their hold on it, and the witch took the time to take a deep breath before turning around.

Game. Set. Match.
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Jake had watched each of the duels with varying amusement. Elena and Mimosa had tried a good range of spells, and had come away (just) unscathed by the incident, whereas Mercy and Sasha had been less explosive. Jake had thought Mercy would have been a lot more aggressive in her approach, in truth, but he'd been wrong -- something that had thrown him a little.

But as the time for the lesson drew to a close, Jake couldn't help but feel his students had done well, in the circumstances.

"Right, everyone, that's enough for today! Well done on your duels, I hope each of you has gotten a lot out of today's lesson. Now, if you want to practice duelling outside of class, please remember that that is not allowed, but if you're going to do it anyway, do it out of sight of the Headmistress, and make sure you don't wind yourselves up in the Hospital Wing. If anyone wants some more lessons on the subject, or any of the spells they've seen today, you know where my office is.

"Have a great Christmas, and I'll see you in the New Year!"

Class Now Closed.

House Points:
Mercy Williams = 5 points for attendance + 10 points for participation = 15 points.
Sasha Denver = 5 points for attendance + 10 points for participation = 15 points.
Dimitri Moreau = 5 points for attendance
Nerisei Gerber = 5 points for attendance

Elena Bliss = 5 points for attendance + 25 points for participation = 30 points.
Mimosa Harrington = 5 points for attendance + 30 points for participation = 35 points.

TOTAL:
Gryffindor: 15
Hufflepuff: 15
Ravenclaw: 10
Slytherin: 65

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))   DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!)) Empty

Back to top Go down

DADA: Lesson Two -- All Years (Open to 6 Students (I need even numbers!))
Page 1 of 1