Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Gah (Humphrey) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Gah (Humphrey) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Gah (Humphrey) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Gah (Humphrey) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Gah (Humphrey) Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Gah (Humphrey)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Izzy decided that shopping was the best way to go. She got shoes, clothes, accessories... you name it! She had it. She got her weekly allowance from her parents and decided this was the best way to go when it came to things like this. She loved to shop, it was one of her favorite things to do and her parents both knew that about her. They loved her and if she wanted to shop they would send her money so she could actually go ahead and do it.

She walked into the common room with all these bags on her arms, wrists, and in her hands. She had a little bit of trouble but she could manage this. Or so she thought. She ended up tripping over the leg of a table and ended up falling with all her bags in her hands. Some of her stuff fell out of the bags and she ran a hand through her hair in frustration. She couldn't believe this actually happened. Usually she could manage all the bags she had.. hell she had managed walking into Hogwarts and through the corridors with her bags and she still ended up in trouble when it came to the common room.

She began stuffing the clothes that had fallen out of her bags into random bags to try and save time. When she realized it wasn't working, she stopped trying to stuff them in and began folding the clothes she had stuffed into bags to try and get them to fit.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Humphrey had managed to get a comfy chair by the fireplace, and was enjoying working on his story in his notebook. Like everyone else, he had to use the quills for classes. For his stories though, he used a nice fountain pen that he was able to refill with ink when he needed to. The young boy had a neat, cursive script that he'd honed over years of schoolwork and working on stories and poems. A lot of boys didn't care about penmanship, but Humphrey always made sure that his was both legible and had a small amount of elegance to it. Perhaps it was a vain thing to care about, if it was though, he didn't really care. Just as he was about to start writing the next paragraph he heard somebody fall and capped his pen before looking up.

Immediately he noticed the older girl with all the shopping bags, and Humphrey closed his notebook and set it on the chair along with his pen. Walking over, he bent down and started folding some of the clothes into a neat stack. "Are you alright, miss?" he asked quietly. She seemed to be rushing things and in her waste was struggling to get the clothes back into their bags. She seemed to be handling it a lot better than he would be if he was in her situation, though, and for that he felt a measure of respect. If that had happened to him he probably would have made a huge heap of the clothes in his arms and run off before anybody could see.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 5:14 pm

When she saw someone come over and start helping her, she was thankful and relieved that someone, especially a young boy to come over and start helping her out. It just proved that no matter what she thought, people knew how to raise their children right and this boy was definitely raised right. "Thank you so much and I am alright, my pride on the other hand isn't but it'll get there" she smiled at the young boy. He was definitely a gentlemen and any girl would be lucky to have him on their arm no matter what.

"I am Izzy Vanderwal" she stopped her folding to hold out her hand for the young boy to shake. "Sorry I had to take you from what you were doing, I feel really bad now" she hadn't realized he was there until now but he could have continued to do whatever it was he was doing but he decided to help her which was really nice of him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Upon hearing the girl inform him that it was only her pride that was hurt he chuckled a little and nodded. Humphrey knew all too well how embarrassing moments could hurt pride. For him in the muggle schools, it had been the bullying and avoidance of pretty much everybody. Although he'd done his best to ignore it or shrug it off with polite remarks or funny quips it had hurt his self-esteem a lot more than he cared to admit. Even now at Hogwarts he was hesitant about trying to make friends because of those experiences in the other school. "It was the right thing to do, and you're welcome. As for the pride, I'm sure you'll look much cooler than I do if you are seen talking to me. Perhaps that will help repair it." he said, giving a slightly smirking smile in her direction. He really was making a joke, but at the heart of it was the insecurity he dealt with.

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Vanderwal, Humphrey Williams." Humphrey said, shaking her hand firmly and meeting her eyes. Only now did he realize she was probably in her fifth year or above. Usually, the older years didn't talk to him much. As soon as she started to apologize for taking him away from what he was doing, Humphrey shook his head. "Don't you apologize, it was nothing that can't be finished later. Really, it's quite alright. My little sister keeps telling me to try and make more friends, anyways." he explained, blushing a little at the admittance. Usually, he didn't tell people he needed his sister's prodding to be more social.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:39 pm

She felt really embarrassed but being in the presence of the young boy she knew it was okay. He seemed really genuine and didn't mind helping her at all and she would forever be grateful for that. Even though she was a Hufflepuff people like her in her house wouldn't normally help her. They would probably just keep walking or start laughing about it. "Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it means to me. This is my fault for buying all these things and when I go home for Christmas my parents will be completely shocked at what I bought" Izzy knew her mother would bitch about her buying more clothes.

"Pleasure to meet you as well Humphrey" she smiled at the boy. When he talked about his sister, she looked at him and wondered how well they got along. "From the looks of you face you made a friend and even like her" Izzy was great at reading people and this boy was not hard at all to read. He was very predictable by the looks of it. "So who is the lucky girl?" Izzy asked curiously on who this girl was that the boy seemed to like.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Hearing her tell him how much it meant made Humphrey look at her curiously. He'd always been told Hufflepuff was the house of the helpful, kind, loyal, and hardworking. Apparently, though, it wasn't as normal for students to help out each other as he had assumed, even here. That realization made him frown a little, but he was glad he had been here to offer assistance. "Part of the reason I wanted to be in Hufflepuff was because I heard they were kind and helpful, so it really was something I was happy to do." he explained, hoping she wouldn't go on about it too much. While it was nice, hearing all those nice things usually made him burn bright red in embarrassment. At the moment, it was only a light pink that might go unnoticed, but he knew that could change quickly. "As for it being your fault, you only need to be more careful. Maybe make two trips instead of all at once, or use an owl to help." he suggested, hoping she wouldn't make a habit of overburdening herself.

The observation made him blush more, but he looked at her curiously. It wasn't a girl that was causing his embarrassment, at least he didn't think so. Unbidden, an image of the Slytherin girl named Brooklyn flashed into his mind. What?!? No, I can't like her. She'd never let me live it down or be my friend if she found out. Humphrey's thoughts caused him to look down while he tried to puzzle him out. Eventually, he looked back up after deciding to think more about it later. "I was blushing because my little sister felt the need to impress upon me the importance of friends. Not...not because I like somebody." he told her firmly, emphasizing the word like. "Although, that was the other part of my sister's advice. She wants me to find a girlfriend and bring her home. I'm twelve!" he said in a loud whisper, not wanting to draw attention to them. "Maybe...maybe this Slytherin...no, it would never work." he cut himself off before he got started, hoping the girl hadn't heard but knowing she probably had. He wanted somebody to help talk him through it, help him figure out how he felt; but, he didn't even really know this person. And if he asked Casey or his mum, they would only tease him. Dad was clueless, so he would be of no help. That left him to figure it out on his own, in his mind.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 8:46 pm

She knew that Hufflepuff was the kindest house that was at Hogwarts and didn't blame him for thinking that but sometimes the students in Hufflepuff weren't always kind to one another. When he suggested she'd make two trips next time, she really thought about it. She could always do that but that would mean wasting time in going all the way back down the stairs instead of taking them all up at once and then just putting it away all at once instead of using the extra time doing the unpacking the bags. "I'll take that into consideration" Izzy replied.

When he began blushing Izzy knew it. Even though the kid was twelve he was still aloud to have a crush on someone, but she was a little shocked to hear that the girl was a Slytherin girl. It was rare for a Slytherin and a Hufflepuff but maybe this girl was different. "Aw, give it a shot, maybe she does like you back but won't admit it. Even though you're young doesn't mean you cannot learn to love someone or even like someone. Trust me it doesn't matter the age, it matters the person it is and if that person is completely worth everything. I can kind of tell you just met this girl, but maybe be her friend first and drop hints every now and then and hopefully she picks up on it" Izzy adviced to him. "What's her name?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 am

Humphrey nodded, wishing he had a better solution. A second idea hit him and he smiled a little. "If you want I could meet you and help carry. Obviously I can't come with to shops since I can't leave even for Hogsmeade yet, but I'd be happy to help once you get back." he offered. Turning back to the clothes, he finished folding a neat stack and carefully placed it in one of the bags for the friendly older girl. She looked a bit more intimidating than most students did, but as he'd learned with books long ago, looks could be misleading. Although he still didn't know her well by any stretch, his first impression was that she was rather nice.

Listening carefully, he found himself even more confused than before she'd started. Sure, he knew he was allowed to like or love somebody, but how did he figure out his own feelings. Was there a way to diagnose the twisty feeling in his stomach or the way she looked at him infuriated him half the time where the other half made him laugh or smile? He really didn't know, but he did realize he had to at least see her again so he could try to find out. "Well, I already asked her if we could try and be friends and she agreed. What do you mean by dropping hints and all that, though? That confused me..." he said quietly, looking at the older girl in hopes she would explain further. "Her name is Brooklyn Rae, she's in third year. Same height as me roughly, lovely, brown eyes, black hair, smirky smiles, but rather clever and funny when she's not acting cold." he said, describing her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:11 pm

When he offered to help her carry her bags whenever she got done shopping, she definitely knew this boy was going to be a great gentlemen when he grew up and any girl would be lucky to have him no matter what. "Thank you so much Humphrey, I will definitely hold you to that" it wouldn't bug her if someone helped her every now and then, but just knowing that her new friend Humphrey would help her meant a lot to her. When both her and Humphrey finished the folding, she placed the last of it in the bag and looked at Humphrey. "Mind helping me up the stairs with these bags?"

She listened to Humphrey as he explained who this girl was, when she heard the name she understood why he said those things. She had met the girl before and knew that she was highly unpleasant but if anyone could change her it would be Humphrey. "Well I hope it works out but I know if anyone could change that girl it will be you. Just don't give up on it, you deserve to be happy Humphrey" Izzy encouraged it, she wanted Humphrey to be happy and if this Brooklyn girl made him happy she was all for it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) EmptySun May 01, 2016 12:14 am

Humphrey smiled, blushing slightly at her thanks, but happy as well. When she asked if he would mind helping her he picked up a few in each hand. After the first step, he paused and looked at the girl curiously. "Umm, Izzy? Are...are boys allowed on the girl side?" he asked, trying to remember. It was only logical that there would be something to keep adolescent men away from the girls. To be honest, he would be more surprised if there weren't rules against that sort of thing. Usually he had a good memory for things like this, but the first day at Hogwarts had been a lot of information to take in within a short amount of time.

Thinking about the girl's words, he eventually gave a nod. He didn't think he fully understood yet, but he got the gist of what she was saying. Humphrey didn't want to change Brooklyn, though, not really. All he wanted was for her to show the funny and happy part of her he could sense was there. The way she had teased him had convinced him that she wasn't as cold as she wanted people to think she was. "I think Brooklyn's a lot nicer than she wants people to think, I don't know why she acts that way. W-would you mind if I came to you if I have more questions? Trying to think like a girl gives me headaches." he admitted, making a funny face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gah (Humphrey) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gah (Humphrey)   Gah (Humphrey) Empty

Back to top Go down

Gah (Humphrey)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next