Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! Empty
PostSubject: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 4:20 pm

Brooklyn was getting dressed to go over to Humphrey's house for the weekend. It was Christmas break and she agreed to go to his house for a sleepover with him and his little sister. The two had become close since that night on the Astronomy tower when she told him something that no one else knew unless you were apart of the Rae family. The young girl checked herself in the mirror and smiled. She wanted to impress Humphrey a little bit. She decided on a white dress with a pair of heels she thought it would look cute if she had her hair curly so she put on the curling iron and began to curl her hair.

After she was finished with her hair she began on her make up. She made her eyes smoky and put on clear lip gloss and grabbed her bag with her clothes in it. Her mother wasn't home because she was working that night, but she gave Brooklyn the okay. Brooklyn smiled as she opened the door but it was gone from her face when she saw who was on the other side of it. Robert Rae aka her father.

"Hello Brooklyn, long time no see" her father pushed his way inside the house and slammed the door behind him. She dropped her bag and started to run but he caught her by the hair and slammed her into the wall next to them. "Did you and your mother think that you could get rid of me?!" Robert yelled at her as he kicked Brooklyn in the stomach. "I have to admit that you grew up to be a beautiful young woman, but it's too bad no one will ever love you" her father spat.

"You're wrong!" Brooklyn made that mistake because now her father was fuming. She was hoping and praying that he didn't know about Humphrey, she didn't want him to know about her friend that liked her romantically. Her father picked her up and punched her in the face a few times right in a row.

"You mean that young boy? Humphrey was his name?" Her father looked at her to answer and all she did was make her eyes go wide. Robert smiled and continued his abuse on her. It wasn't long until her eyes began to close when he kept kicking her rips and blood was coming out of her mouth from the impact of it all.

*About an hour later*

Dawn came walking into her home and saw the indents on her wall along with blood, glass was broken, and her daughter was lying in a pool of her own blood. "Brooke!" Dawn ran to her daughter and immediately checked for a pulse, it was still there which was a good thing, but it was faint. The first thing Dawn Rae did was call for St. Mungos. They came instantly and got Brooklyn onto a gurney and Dawn followed. She knew who did this, this was the same handy work of her husband that left them. She just wondered how and why he was back, he was supposed to be gone not here again. It wasn't long until they were at the hospital but the first thing Dawn did was owl Humphrey. She knew he was probably waiting for her daughter to show but that wasn't going to happen right now. Dawn sent the owl and watched as the doctor came out.

"Is she okay?" Dawn asked worried.

"She will be fine, she has a few broken ribs, a fractured wrist, and a lot of cuts and bruises. We were able give her a blood transfusion since she lost a lot of blood. But she is going to be fine, you can go see her if you want" the doctor told her and walked away. Dawn went straight for her daughter and saw a lot of cuts and bruises on her face, arms, hands, etc. Her daughter was still unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 4:44 pm

When the time passed for when Brooklyn was supposed to arrive Humphrey began to get a little worried. If she was going to be late he thought she would have let them know. Both him and Casey had been looking forward to this for a while now, and he was pretty sure that she had been too. Not too long later, he spotted an owl that flew straight to him. The boy petted it briefly before untying the letter, his face falling as he read. As his anger towards her father started to rise he remembered his promise to Brooke, saying that he wouldn't go after the man. Even though it would hurt to see her injured, he knew that he had to go see her at St. Mungo's so he could know she was alright. Before that, he went and found Casey to let her know Brooklyn wouldn't be coming, and then went to his mum.

After a short conversation where he explained what was going on, she agreed that he could go and see Brooklyn. They sent an owl to his dad, and when he had a break from the spell damage ward he apparated home and took him back with him by side-along. Humphrey let his dad do the asking of where she was in the hospital, while he tried to wait patiently and not freak out. Images of a beaten up friend kept flashing through his mind, some of them making him feel a little sick to his stomach. She had to be alright, she just had to be. His father finished getting the details and assured Humphrey everything was going to be alright before leading him to her room. "Thanks dad, I think I can take it from here." he said, and gave him a big hug before letting go and taking a shaky breath. His friend needed him to be strong right now, so he had to try his best.

Walking forward a bit hesitantly, Humphrey knocked firmly on the door. "Miss Rae, it's Humphrey Williams." he called clearly, and waited for an answer. The young boy's face was paler than usual because he was scared of how bad it was going to be, but he was not one to run away. No matter how bad, he promised himself that he would do his best to cheer his friend up. When he was back home, well...then he could cry about what had happened. Already he was upset and he hadn't even seen her yet. He knew that he would need to eventually, but he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind and put on a sad smile while he waited for someone to answer the door. Their plans for a fun sleepover hadn't worked out, sadly. That was okay though, maybe he could cheer her up by saying they could arrange another one once she was well. Yeah, that seemed like a happy thing to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Dawn sat by her daughter's side waiting for her to wake up. Nothing yet, she wondered if Humphrey had gotten the owl she had sent to him. When she had found out that her daughter trusted the boy with her daughter's most trusted secret. Dawn knew that just from the way Brooklyn talked about Humphrey that her daughter liked the young boy. The thought of her daughter growing feelings for the young man was a great thing to her. Dawn had never seen her daughter have a crush on someone until Humphrey and she couldn't help but let the smile grace her lips. She hoped that everything worked out for the two and Brooklyn could give her a son-in-law.

Dawn heard Humphrey and she opened the door and stepped out of the room and looked at him. "Be prepared for what you see in there. It's not a pretty sight. I have to go give the aurors my statement on what I saw and everything I know. I should be back in a little while. Please watch over her until I get back" Dawn gave Humphrey a small hug before she left him alone with her daughter.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Humphrey listened carefully to Brooklyn's mother and nodded. He hugged her back before replying. "Of course I'll watch over her. Brooklyn's always lovely though, so I have to disagree with you on that point." he said, with a bit of a blush. For a moment he watched her walking away before going inside, shutting the door behind him so the room would remain mostly quiet. When he looked over at the bed his eyes widened as he realized just how badly Brooklyn had been hurt. He really hoped that the Aurors would find her dad and he would rot in prison for doing such terrible things to his daughter. Steeling himself, he walked closer and pulled up a chair tot he side of her bed before sitting down.

Seeing her like this was more painful than he could have anticipated, and he found himself taking her hand in his own and rubbing it gently. The gesture was probably more for Humphrey's comfort than hers, as she was still unconscious. "Hey Brooklyn, it's me Humphrey. Since you couldn't make it today I thought that I should come pay you a visit. Maybe once you wake up I can do some silly things to help you get better. After all, they say laughter is the best medicine right?" he asked, not expecting a response from her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Brooklyn heard what was going on around her but she couldn't wake up, she just couldn't. There was something inside of her screaming at her to wake up but when she tried all she would see was darkness. She felt someone holding her hand and rubbing circles on it, that was until she heard his voice. Her best friend Humphrey's voice. Brooklyn willed herself to open her eyes and when she did all she saw was a bright light and she groaned. Brooklyn let her brown eyes adjust and she turned to her bed side and saw Humphrey sitting there.

"Hey" she said. Her voice still sounded awful from all the screaming she did when her father was beating her. Wait! Her father! Oh my god! He found her! She couldn't panic, not in front of Humphrey. "I'm so sorry. I was leaving to come to you when he showed up. Humphrey please don't be mad at me" Brooke didn't want him to be mad at her for not showing up at his house.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:19 pm

To Humphrey's surprise he saw Brooklyn open her eyes for a moment. He really hadn't expected her to wake up so soon, she'd been through a lot today. While her eyes got used to the light again he continued to rub her hand, offering her what little support he cold give her. All he could do was try to cheer her up and offer some comfort, since he wasn't a trained healer. Maybe that would be enough to help her feel a little better, though, he hoped that it would be. She was his friend, and he had to do what little he could for her. Plus, he had promised her mom that he would take care of her while she was dealing with the Aurors.

When she spoke her voice was all scratch, and Humphrey frowned a little because he figured out why it would be so rough. It had to have been from screaming, there was no other explanation that made sense. Hearing her ask him not to be mad for not showing up shocked him, and he squeezed her hand tightly. "Shh, it's okay Brooke. I'm not mad at you at all. Your job is to get better, beautiful." he said softly. Looking around, he noticed there was a cup of water with a straw. Grabbing it, he placed the straw between her lips. "Now be a good girl and take a drink, it should help a little."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:26 pm

When told her that there was nothing to worry about that he wasn't mad at her, she was glad that he wasn't because then that meant that everything was okay. Brooke listened to him try to soothe her but she could tell that he had no idea how to handle the situation that was going on around them. This was all new to Humphrey and she felt bad for bringing him into this. "How could you call me beautiful when I probably look like hell right now?" Brooke was still her old self, just with a teasing smile on her face.

He put a cup of water to her lips and told her to drink. She rolled her eyes at him and took a sip of the cold water that was there for her. She felt the stiffness in her throat soothe out for her and she was grateful for that. She stopped drinking and looked at him. "Thank you Humphrey" she said to him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Humphrey frowned a little when she asked how he could call her beautiful, because he thought that was obvious. Even injured, she was still as lovely as always, at least to him. Standing up so he could lean over the bed, he looked into her eyes and gave her a smile. "Because I think you are, simple as that." he said, answering her question. Leaning down, he gently kissed her forehead before pulling back and looking at her with a smile. "Any other silly questions, Brooke?" he asked, teasing her right back.

He was kind of glad there was something easy he could do to help like give her the water, and he nodded and set it back on the table once she was done drinking. "No problem. Your mum ordered me to take care of you while she's gone and I take my job seriously." Humphrey said with a wink. "Personally, I think it means I am tasked to cheer you up." he told her firmly.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Brooke couldn't help the blush that came onto her face when he kissed her forehead and told her that he thought she was and that was that. Brooke grabbed onto his shirt and pulled him back. "Only you would say that to me" Brooke said before she pulled him down and gave him a peck on the corner of his mouth before she gave him a peck on the lips. She looked into his eyes and smiled a bit. "No other silly questions, just thank you for being here with me" Brooke was grateful that he was there with her. She needed someone there with her and apparently her mother was off doing god knows what.

Her thoughts were confirmed when Humphrey told her how her mother was with the aurors. "Makes sense on why you're playing healer. Maybe that could be your job when you graduate" she teased him. She rolled her eyes. "How are you going to cheer me up Humpty Dumpty?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Once he saw the blush Humphrey couldn't help smiling wider, glad he could get her to do that sometimes. It made her look even lovelier somehow, and that was a pretty tough thing to do. "Well I would hope so, don't want to spend all my time getting rid of other guys." he told her cheekily. When she pulled him down he was confused for a moment until she gave him two light pecks, causing him to blush bright red now. Gulping, he nodded and tried to formulate a coherent response. "Don't want to be anywhere else. Just a heads up, I am going to be extra protective of you for the foreseeable future." he warned her, deciding she might like to know that.

Thinking about it, Humphrey simply shrugged. "I don't know, maybe. My dad works in the spell damage ward here, so I have thought about trying to do that before. Not really sure yet, though." he admitted. His hands were holding her hand, and he was not letting go. When she asked him how he could cheer her up he really didn't know. "Well, you usually seem to like my company so I thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe I can make silly faces until you laugh, or something." Humphrey said, and pulled one at her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!   Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future! Empty

Back to top Go down

Back Again (Humphrey - Abuse, life or death situation) Future!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next