Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) Emptyby Annagramma Hawkeye Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» Election Night (Tessa)
Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) Empty
PostSubject: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 5:19 am

After talking things over with Izzy, Humphrey had decided to try and get to know Brooklyn better. Before he had wanted to, but been a little uncertain as to whether or not he should. The older Hufflepuff's pep talk had helped him. Now he at least felt slightly more confident that things would work out alright. He thought she was also right in that trying to be somebody Brooklyn could confide in and trust with things would be a good lace to start. But, how to convince a suspicious Slytherin that he wasn't doing this as a joke would be challenging. In the end, he had written a note to her and sent it via his owl Reg last night. His note read: Meet me in the astronomy tower at noon tomorrow if you haven't changed your mind on being friends, Humpty Dumpty. Since he was fairly positive nobody else here had that nickname, it should be pretty obvious to her who it was from.

So, here he was, about five minutes before noon up on the astronomy tower waiting for somebody he wasn't sure would even show. Humphrey had his fingers crossed though, because Brooklyn hadn't completely shot him down when he'd asked to be friends in the first place. He hadn't heard back from Casey yet after he'd sent her a letter, but he knew that he probably would be soon. She'd probably tease him about liking Brooklyn, but he was actually kind of looking forward to it. Sometimes, teasing was the way Casey showed that she cared about her big brother. Still drove him crazy, but he was starting to accept it more than he had before. Leaning back against the stone of the wall, he breathed in deeply and tried to let his body and mind relax. What will be, will be. Either she'll show, or she won't. All I can do is stay cheerful. May not be the most comforting of thoughts, but it was true. Humphrey could accept a life at Hogwarts without her friendship if necessary, though it wasn't preferable.

Finally, his ears perked up as he thought he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Who's there?" Humphrey called down. A bit of hope and an eager smile appeared as he waited for the reply. If he was lucky, it would be Brooklyn coming to hang out with him. Perhaps he could even try some flirting like Izzy had suggested if he felt really bold. Best to start with just conversation though, and see where it took them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 3:47 pm

When she received an owl from Humphrey the night before, she was debating on going or not. She had just got her weekly allowance from her mother's parents and wanted to go shopping a little bit but now Humphrey wanted to meet with her. She debated which one she would do until she finally decided she would meet with him that day. So she got dressed in a pair of mid thigh black shorts, a dark green tank top that showed some of her cleavage but left mystery at the same time and a pair of black boots to go with it. She walked to the Astronomy tower with the note that Humphrey had sent to her in her hand. She didn't care that anyone was staring at how the third year dressed because frankly she didn't care about what anyone thought of her.

The Slytherin made it to Astronomy and went straight to the tower that was up the stairs. When she began walking she heard Humphrey call out, she could hear the hope in his voice that he wanted it to be her. She was going to say something smart but decided against it. "It's only me Humpty Dumpty" she called back out. When she reached the top of the stairs she instantly saw him leaning against the brick wall. She smirked and held up the note he had sent to her.

"You wanted to speak with me?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Humphrey heard Brooklyn's voice and didn't bother to hide his smile that she had decided to come. Part of him had wanted to sneak into the snake lair and deliver it himself, but had decided against it when he realized how stupid and dangerous that could have been. He may be a decent prankster with a fair amount of sneakiness, but he reckoned the house of cunning and guile had more than a few that would have discovered him. Not to mention that most were quicker to hex than students in the other houses. Pulling his head out of the clouds, he looked at his friend and couldn't help blushing a little self-consciously. Brooklyn looked lovely, and here he was in just jeans, his favorite pair of converse, and a t-shirt like always. "Hey Brooklyn, you look, umm...really good." he said, wincing a little at the awkwardness with which he said it.

When she asked about wanting to speak with her he nodded, some of the embarrassment fading. "Yes, I did. Though, more than anything I wanted to spend some time getting to know you better. After all, we are friends." Humphrey reminded her, smiling as he said the words. Hopefully the girl hadn't changed her mind about the friends part. "Having a good start to the year?" he asked, thinking that might be an easy to get the conversation going. They had most of the same classes, so he saw her regularly though hadn't worked up the courage to talk in them yet. Baby steps.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 6:17 pm

She saw him blush and she didn't understand why he was blushing, she looked him over and realized that his sense of style was something similar to the one in the clothing shop when she was there for her uniforms. She walked closer to him and put the note in her boot since she had no pockets in her shorts. When he complimented her, she smirked a little bit. "Well thank you, a lot of people judge me for my sense of style but I never really seem to care what others think of me which is a good thing if you ask me" Brooklyn replied. She took a seat on the ground because she didn't feel like standing anymore and didn't feel like conjuring up a chair either.

When he told her that he wanted to spend time with her, she was a little confused. No one ever really wanted to spend time with her no matter what was said or done. "That's odd, none of my friends willing ever want to hang out with me" she replied. She knew that those 'friends' weren't true friends but she kept them around for god knows what reason. She thought about his question and shrugged. "It's alright, could go better if all classes were cancelled but I know that will never happen no matter how much I wish for it to be" Brooklyn answered. "What about you Humphrey?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Brooklyn explained that she didn't really care what others thought about her, and Humphrey couldn't help but agree that it was a good thing. If he'd let what others think about him bother him he probably would be holing up in the library or the common room all day. At muggle schools he'd learned to simply let the insults and teasing roll off, or reply with a cheery attitude. "That's a pretty good way to handle it. My sense of style is basically what's comfortable." he admitted, laughing a little. Maybe one day he would be a tad more fashion conscious, but that day was most assuredly not here yet. Besides, if he ever got worried he would probably just ask Casey for advice. Both his sister and mother liked dressing him up when they got the chance so would probably leap at the opportunity to advise him.

Taking a seat next to her after she'd sat down, he found himself frowning because of the way her friends treated her. Looking over at her, he reached out and gave her a small squeeze on the shoulder. "No offense, but they don't really sound like friends. Not that I had a lot growing up, either. I do know that friends usually enjoy spending time together, though." he said softly. Hopefully she wouldn't think he was being rude by saying that. As she talked about her wish for classes to get cancelled he found himself smiling again. "That would be pretty cool. Mine's been a little better, met two nice older girls in Hufflepuff already. A few others that seem okay." he replied, shrugging. "Classes aren't too bad since I try to get my homework done quickly. Think I might need to go flying sometime, haven't been out since I got here."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:07 pm

When he talked about his sense of style, she looked him over and had to admit that his sense of style wasn't as bad as she had thought it would be. There was a difference between rags and what Humphrey was wearing, they weren't the same thing. "Your sense of style could be worse, it just depends on how you look at it if you ask me" Brooklyn replied. "But comfortable is okay, sometimes when I am at home I'll walk around in PJs all day because that is what I think is best when I am in that kind of mood. But it's rare if you ask me" Brooke was mostly dressed to impress but sometimes PJs were the way to go.

When he talked about how they didn't sound like real friends, she shrugged. Brooke was used to it and it didn't really bother her as much. "I know, but it's better then being alone... but most of the time I do like to be alone but that depends on my mood" Brooklyn replied to him. She let him squeeze her shoulder and she didn't mind it. Most of the time when people did that to her she would flip out but not this time and she didn't know why. "Becoming a hit with the ladies I see" she teased him. When Humphrey mentioned homework she made a face. "Ew, I hate homework and never really go out flying that much either."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Humphrey noticed Brooklyn looking him over after his comment, as his cheeks turned a light pink while she did. It was one thing when his family was doing it, but she was the girl he liked. He was expecting a sarcastic or cutting remark, so when she said it could be worse he looked at her in surprise. "Thanks, to be honest I was kind of expecting to be made fun of. Guess I was right when I thought you were nicer than you let on." he told her, grinning now. He laughed a little at the idea of her hanging out in PJ's all day. "What kind of pajamas are we talking about? I like playing outside too much to wear them all day." he said. Going hiking or running or swimming weren't exactly done in PJ's, at least not by him.

Looking at her seriously when she explained she liked being alone a lot of the time, Humphrey began to realize that hanging out like they were was probably even more unusual for her than it was for him. It also made him feel rather special that she'd showed up today in the first place. "If you get tired of being alone, I would always appreciate some company Brooklyn." he said, hoping she would take it to heart. She didn't move away when he gave her shoulder the squeeze, and he was grateful for that. "Not at all. One is so shy you can barely hear her talk, and the other needed help when all her shopping bags spilled over. Besides, there's only one lady I want to be a hit with." he replied, and stuck his tongue out at her for a moment. Her eww homework comment made him giggle. "You know, if you want a study partner I'd be happy to help." Humphrey offered.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 7:53 pm

When she finished her comment, she could tell that he was shocked, she knew it was shocking to actually give someone a compliment but she didn't care, the Slytherin was very unpredictable and it was how she liked to be and no one was going to change her. No one. She didn't need to be changed, she was perfectly fine the way she was and no matter what happened she would remain that way. "Trust me on this, if anyone finds out I will sneak into your room and shave your entire head bold. Got it" she said with a fake sweet smile. Anyone who knew her would know it was fake. She laughed a little. "That's for me to know and for you to never find out Humpty Dumpty" she was not telling him what PJs she wore.

Brooklyn looked right at Humphrey when his reply came, she couldn't believe that he wanted to spend time with her, no body ever did. People hate her company because she is too blunt for them. All she could do was nod, she didn't want to trust her voice. Not right now. Brooklyn smirked when she heard about the ladies that were shy and a shopping addict, but when it came to the one lady he wanted to be a hit with, she was confused. "Well I have spilled my shopping bags from time to time but it's still funny to hear. And since we're friends who is this lady that you want to be a hit with? Maybe I can help?" She wanted the details, maybe she could get Humphrey a happy ending. "Ew, I hate homework enough as it is, I don't need help to actually do it, I make the first years do it for me" she replied.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 8:19 pm

The element of Brooklyn surprising him in their conversation was one he had come to expect after their first encounter. Even when expecting surprises though, Humphrey had to admit she kept him on his toes and confused most of the time. Maybe the girl just liked being mysterious, or something. Her threat was delivered well and he gulped before nodding, because he knew he would definitely not be able to pull off a bald look well. "Yes, Miss Rae. Message received, loud and clear." he said, giving her a salute. Some people may make idle threats, but he highly doubted that this Slytherin was one of them. A slight smirk appeared when she said he was never supposed to know that. "Oh, Brooklyn, when you put it like that it just makes me want to know even more. Cruel, you are." he replied, pouting a little.

It was hard to resist his urge to hug her tightly, but he knew he had to and willed the thought away. Apparently she wasn't used to people actually liking her for her, and Humphrey figured it would take some time for her to adjust to it. Even though he'd made a few friends already, he knew he had trouble in accepting that they actually liked hanging out with him at times. Brooklyn's voice brought him out of those thoughts, and he started turning red, his lips clamped firmly shut. Merlin, I'm in trouble. Really should not have let that slip. After an awkward moment of silence, he realized he had to respond in some way. "Don't think you can help in this instance. Really don't think you want to know, Brooklyn." he added, hoping to deter her from questioning him further. Telling somebody else he liked her was one thing, but telling Brooklyn was a whole different matter. He snorted when she told him the first years did her work. "Should have expected that one, huh?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:04 pm

She was glad that he knew when to take her serious and when not to. Brooklyn was dead serious when it came to her threats, so she would do everything in her power to make sure that everyone knew that. Brooklyn was a Slytherin and she would act as such when it comes to her threats. She smirked when it came to him calling her cruel, she couldn't help but laugh at him. "Well why would I tell you that when the mystery is the best. Besides that is personal business that only I deserve to know" Brooklyn said to him.

She could tell that he was nervous about something, probably because he didn't want to tell her who it was that he was having a crush on. "Come on, tell me who it is, I won't judge no matter what you say. Please tell me it's not a seventh year or something like that?" She didn't want to hear how he was in love with someone older and probably dating someone else. "Yes you should have."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)   Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingers Crossed (Brooklyn - TW Physical Abuse & Mentioned Miscarriage)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next