Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Not a member yet? Then why not sign up and join the adventure?
Hogwarts & Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern Day AU Harry Potter Roleplay Site for Original Characters

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
OOC Shoutbox
Current Plot
September 2028

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am
Latest topics
» Election Night (Tessa)
Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Chester Millstone Fri May 03, 2024 8:10 pm

» Back to Basics (Flying Lesson)
Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Josie LeBlanc Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm

» Look at these phtographs ( One shot)
Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 am

» Night with old friends ( One shot)
Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Tessa Greene Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm

» The Awakening - Purple - February, 2010 (Alexagramma)
Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Emptyby Alexander Quinn Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:34 pm

Unanswered Open Threads
None!
IC Chatbox

Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:36 am

She had been later than she expected, and mere moments after she sat down, class started. Thanking Merlin that she had just made it, she turned away from Finley to try and focus on class. While theory was interesting (or most was, in any case) Brooke knew it might be a problem. Not because the Professor or the topic was boring - quite the contrary, in fact - but because she simply couldn't. Focusing on facts and written work and all that for too long periods of time caused her mind to just stop processing information, and no matter how hard she tried, she would start to daydream or think about unrelated things, like what she'd do if she was a werewolf, or if her father was one. Or what about if a good friend of hers was one?

See? I'm already doing it. Focus, Brooke Walters, focus! she lectured internally. What did he ask for? Oh yes, one fact. Oh dear. ONE fact, Brooke. ONE. Not two or three. ONE. One. Single. Fact, she repeated, because if she didn't, there was a high chance she'd start rattling on about them. Then again, this was only a method that sometimes helped and she would go on rants anyway.

Listening to the other boy speak, also a Gryffindor that she did not fully recognize, she tried to pick out one fact from everything she knew to present. Then, raising her hand, she waited to be called on before standing up. Smile still bright, she said," Well, werewolves become werewolves when they get bitten by a werewolf. Wait, no, I mean, people become werewolves when they are bitten. Werewolves are already werewolves..."

She paused, seemingly done, then a random question popped into her mind and she blurted it out before she could think. "But can a werewolf be born? Like if a mummy and daddy are werewolves can their baby be a werewolf too? I know things can be given from older people to younger people like from grandma to me but can that happen for werewolves? And what if you bite a werewolf? Would the werewolf become normal again or would you turn into a werewolf? I think it's the second one cos I don't think you can turn someone back to normal. And why do we say 'normal'? Cos to the werewolf being a werewolf is normal isn't it?" Tilting her head with the smile still present, she mentally praised herself for sticking with only one fact as she sat down.

That went well! she thought to herself, picking up a pen (not a quill; she made too many messes with that, such as spilling the entire pot of ink) and beginning to write down the notes in her book.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:49 pm

As much as felix wanted to chime in she hadn't the first clue about werewolves other than the common knowledge and painfully obvious. It took some effort to keep it zipped while other students took their turns giving facts about the creatures. No that was wrong, they were people too, most of the time, did it count though if they were in their wolf form and had no control? Not like Animagi who were in full control, oh she wondered if Animagi lost control sometimes like they'd spent too long in their forms and got used to acting like their animal.

Just like that Felix was lost and her pencil (she never used quills unless she was writing essays) was moving across a scrap of parchment doodling animals with wolf ears and fangs, some were half human looking. She mentally declared them were-amals. Soon the page was half full of the creatures, some fighting, some dancing some doing dog tricks or eating various things, like the date at the top of the page of doodles crumbs and candy wrappers.

When the tip of her pencil broke she realised she was in class and quickly stuffed the paper into her lap and grabbed a new pencil from her pocket, putting the old one in a different pocket. Damn she hoped she hadn't missed a question or instruction.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Rhys's excited was doused when he heard they would be having a theory lesson, he was eager to be learning some practical offensive spells. At least he had an incentive to come back to the next lesson.

The Professor asked what the students knew about Werewolves two Gryffindor's answered, the young Gryffindor girl he had to smile at when she was responding to the question, because it was like there was no filter between her thoughts and mouth, he half wondered if she had gone off into her own little world without realising she was still in the present one.

Rhys then raised his hand after the Gryffindors and waited to be called "I read that when a Werewolf transforms every month that it is a highly painful process and some Werewolves try self medicating themselves with pain killers" Rhys said before lowering his hand and picking up his quill.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Naomi ran down the hall to her class, knowing that she'd be late no matter how fast she went. She hated when she Saw in her sleep; the dreams wouldn't end before they were completely over, but she never saw anything of use. She might glimpse an arm or a leg, but not a face, or part of a scene, but never the whole, just like visions that hit her while she was awake. Not only was it extremely frustrating, but it also made her sleep past wake-up time and made her late for class, like right now.

Easing her way into class, Naomi was glad to see that she hadn't missed much. It seemed like only one question had been asked. Murmuring an apology to the professor, she chose a seat behind a knot of students her own age, though she looked at her desk instead of them as she pulled out a quill and parchment and scrawled "werewolves" in sloppy cursive. As Rhys spoke, she scanned the board, scribbling down the other students' answers before raising her hand to add her own. "Werewolves have no choice over their transformations, or what they do while in wolf form," she answered, her voice quiet, but clear. "They don't have any memory of what they do while transformed."
Back to top Go down
Jake Newbury
Head of Gryffindor
Head of Gryffindor
Jake Newbury

Birthday : 1992-08-13
Job/hobbies : Auror & DADA Professor

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 5:08 pm

The first to talk was Gabriel, and his answer made Jake grimace slightly at the choice of words. He tried not to, but with his best friend being a werewolf, it was difficult to take such terms lightly. It was, however, correct. "Very true, Gabriel, a werewolf is called a beast when they are in wolf form, only wolf form though, I should insist." Jake explained for clarity. "However, I think it is, perhaps, a little unfair to say they worry purely about their next transformation. Many, if not all, werewolves can lead ordinary lives throughout the month, and then need a few days away to deal with the outcome of their transformation." Jake explained, not wanting people to think werewolves were incapable of normal life.

The next answer was from a younger student, Brooke, who'd helped him with his books a couple of days previous and he smiled at her encouragingly. "Correct, you turn in to a werewolf if you are bitten by one." Jake nodded, before the question came about inheritance. "Lycanthropy, or being a werewolf, cannot be passed down through the generations, so werewolves don't have to worry about that." Jake explained, trying not to smile too much at the questions. It was refreshing, it truly was, to hear someone so interested in the subject.

"If you bite a werewolf, nothing will happen to them. You can't reverse it, I'm afraid, and to be so close to a werewolf is very, very dangerous, so I would never recommend trying it."

The next answer made Jake nod a little at the Ravenclaw. "The transformation is very painful indeed, yes. Muscles can be damaged, they ache, it's emotionally exhausting for the humans who turn in to wolves at a particular time of month." Jake explained, a lump in his throat that he had to quickly swallow at the notion of self-medicating. "Yes." He answered, composing himself. "Some werewolves do that, but it isn't advisable to do so, in my opinion. What you need, is friends who can stick with you throughout any and all trials and for those friends to make each transformation as pain free as possible." Jake continued.

The last answer was a very, very good topic to get on to, and Jake felt a little relieved in a sense. "Correct, Naomi!" Jake praised with a smile. "And the point that Naomi has brought up is a very good one. Whilst werewolves hold no recollection of what they do whilst they are transformed, it has led to them having a five X rating with the Ministry - this puts them up as deadly with dragons, and the like. Now, I would doubt very much that many of you have every come in to contact with a werewolf, so we're going to have to go down a hypothetical discussion here.

"We're going to discuss the positives and negatives of werewolves being classified as such deadly beasts. Do you think this is fair? Do you think we should do something to prevent the spread of werewolves in the world? This is an open discussion, please build on answers, and please if you know of any werewolves, don't use names, this is anonymous." Jake asked, opening the discussion up to others. He wasn't sure he'd done the right thing, but these were the minds of the next generation, and they needed to be aware of the struggle a lot of magical beings went through, mostly through no fault of their own.

~ Auror ~ Profile ~ DADA Professor ~
~ In a Relationship ~ 36 ~ Father ~ 6' ~ American Accent ~
Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Rsz_1j10
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsandbeyond.forumotion.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 10:44 am

Gabriel frowned a little as the Professor answered his statement, he didn't want to sound like he thought all Werewolves were just mindless animals; though the Infamous Silverback came to mind. "I apologize Professor, I should have used better terminology." He said in a calm tone, looking at the Professor with a small smile.

"I do have a question however, if Lycanthropy is in a sense an illness and a condition." He frowned again and shook his head "No, that's not right...Lycanthropy affects it's host, like a Parasite, making the Host change into a more...Wolfish form....I'm bad at this.." He muttered rubbing his face, laughing a little.

He realized he was going off topic "Why can't the...Condition be transferred onto the next Generation?" He asked gently "It almost feels like it's a guessing game, it could have brown eyes or blue eyes....Lycanthropy or No-Lycanthropy...."

Then he rubbed his face again "Am I making sense to anyone?" He asked looking around the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Felix listened to the other Gryffindor's answer before piping in. "Isn't Lyca...lyca.." She frowned unable to pronounce the word then tried a different route. "The bite is venomous isn't it, so it's like a poison in the blood? So it can't be passed down, like a snake bite wouldn't effect the next generation?" She thought about that for a moment, her pencil hovering over another piece of parchment, fighting not to just doodle over it again.

"The people who are bitten aren't dangerous..most of the time unless they are bad wizards, they only become dangerous when they transform so the beast form is the deadly class temporarily, then they just become normal afterwards." She offered to the last question. "I think it's good to know if someone is a werewolf, just in case something happens and you can help them or keep away from them. But it might make them feel bad having to be called dangerous." She couldn't quite picture how bad a person could feel for being a werewolf but if she had to guess it'd be like being ignored for everything, which didn't sound pleasant at all.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 11:05 am

When the Professor opened the up the discussion Rhys listened to the Gryffindors speak, he quickly scribbled down "Lycanthropy" as for he wanted to learn more about this condition, it seemed that magical illnesses was something that interested the young Ravenclaw.

"I agree with Felix, I think its important that people are aware if a person is a werewolf, I personally believe that they should be contained in some form of an institution at least until the wizarding world can create a potion in which allows werewolves to keep their conscious minds when they transform" Rhys paused for a moment contemplating what ingredients would be needed for such a potion before continuing on with his train of thought

"I mean I understand they are only a threat to society once a month, but that still does make them a threat, a threat dangerous enough to make it impossible to ignore" Rhys said with such strong conviction for his age, he had always been articulate and thought why waste his talent.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Finley had been scribbling notes throughout the discussion, making sure he noted everything almost exactly as people said it. He hadn't planned on speaking, because he didn't want the other students to make fun on his stutter. Werewolves he'd done a little reading on, though not nearly as much as he would have liked to, and the young Ravenclaw was finding out new things as each person spoke.

However, when it opened to a debate, Finley's eyes moved to the professor questioningly. Was that really a good idea? Finley wasn't so sure, so he listened. The Gryffindor wh he didn't know that spoke first seemed to find it funny, and Finley thought it was a little bit insensitive but remained silent. But Felix showed that she knew some stuff by explaining that the condition was one that was like poison and Finley agreed with that, however, when his fellow Ravenclaw spoke, Finley felt a pang of shame.

"L-lock them up?" Finley asked incredulously of Rhys before he'd even thought about it. "T-they're humans just like y-you and me!" He added, shaking his head and looking back to the professor. "I t-think the b-best way to sort t-the problem is t-to educate people about t-the condition." Finley told the man, before his eyes fell back to his notes and his silence resumed.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:46 pm

The call to lock up werewolves shocked Naomi, although Finley speaking up surprised her even more. She smiled at his answer. "I agree with Finley," she announced. "Muggleborns often exhibit less fear of werewolves because they didn't grow up with the same social stigma as the Wizarding world. We need education to counter the misinformation that makes some people nervous, like the nature of werewolves in their human form, and we need to teach acceptance in schools so that those kids grow up and teach their kids acceptance."

Naomi paused, then added, "Rhys' idea isn't bad, I just think it needs to be different. They shouldn't be locked up all the time, but it could be nice to have safe spaces for werewolves to go during their transformations, maybe walled sections of forests with Muggle repelling charms on them could be set up. That could also help with the fear, if people knew that werewolves wouldn't be roaming the countryside while transformed. If it was a forest, they'd be less likely to hurt themselves, as long as there were things to hunt. Does anyone know if werewolves are pack animals while transformed? Because having a pack might help them too." Finally, Naomi fell silent. It was the longest she'd ever spoken in a class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)   Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Defence Against the Dark Arts - Lesson Two (First to Fifth Years)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next